Traditions Spirits Culture reviews

Expectations were not met
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKAugust 16, 2019
Was told about the culture of Traditions Spirits and company standards but was let down drastically. Most things they inform you about in the interview and training sound very good but are just flat out lies.

Upper management does not care about your well-being! They don’t even care if the restaurants run smoothly. Their biggest concern is about opening new restaurants even though the current stores are severely understaffed.
To many drugs
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKAugust 10, 2019
Unless you are prepared to work with a bunch of drugged up people sneaking there wax pens into use while on the clock dont waste your time. It's a drug culture and all anyone there could talk about. Manager filling out to be a grower on company time and computer. This place is a joke
Political
On boarding & Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 12, 2019
Environment is about who you know and the politics are confusing. No room to grow or learn anything new. Very high turnover because of pay and benefits.
Official response from Traditions Spirits
May 31, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. I want you to know it has been shared with our senior management team and we are taking this information extremely seriously. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further so I can get more details about your experience. This would allow me to specifically address your concerns with the appropriate members of our management team and ensure this behavior does not continue. If you’re willing to give me the chance to correct these issues, please send me an email at michelle.wood@traditionsspirits.com. I can assure you, your anonymity will be preserved. Sincerely,

Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKOctober 2, 2018
Traditions is an AMAZING company to work for i love all my MANAGERS from Chip N Ales to Ihop.. They are great about going out of there way to do whatever they need to do to help you to become a better person
Pros
gret coworkers
Fun work place!
Server (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, OKMay 7, 2018
Great atmosphere, fun crowd, good pay. Pretty forgiving attendance policy , they really try to work with you, if your sick or have family situations. Overall staff is layed back and management does a good job of working with employees and customers to make a good working environment!
Pros
Many
Cons
None so far
Fun environment to work.
Beverage server (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJune 5, 2015
Through my employment with Traditions, I learned one of the most valuable lessons in life; patience. Working at Winstar was a pleasant experience because it has an upbeat atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was communication with co-workers.
fun workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJune 18, 2014
Overall not a bad place to work while going to college. I met many people who I still consider friends to this day.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Not a career choice by any means
A great place to work, family oriented company.
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Thackerville, OKJune 23, 2013
This company is number one for me. I loved working for them it was always a fun atmosphere with different challenges everyday. I learned everything I know from them about Hospitality and Management. Everyone that works for them gets challenged to do better at their work and become part of a team that is family. The hardest part of this job was closing at night, times where I wasn't ready to go home, it was that much fun. The enjoyable part about this company was able to learn more and more each day, they always took the time to keep teaching their workers so that you could move up within the company. Wished I could move back and go back to work for them that is how much I miss this company.
Pros
Getting trained in every aspect of company to move up within
Cons
moving from one restaurant to another.
Fun to start
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 22, 2013
Great place to start working my way up from a bartender to the Assistant General Manager was quite a task. However once reaching my goals I realized that I was being used as a work hoarse and the work life balance went down fast.
work environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 10, 2013
A great work environment, everyone treats you like you are family
Great Service
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Thackerville, OKOctober 22, 2012
A typical day at traditions spirits is like High School. I learned there that no matter where you go or what you do in life your past follows you. The management is like the cool kids in high school, (and not the nice ones). My co-workers love the money. the hardest part of the job is that you have no life. the most enjoyable part of the job is the money.
A great fun place to work, loving co workers
Office Manager/Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 7, 2012
Traditions Spirits was a great Place to work. The staff was always wlecoming and great to work with. They were very understanding and always willing to work with you when things come up. I loved working with this company sad I had to move and was no longer able to work for them.
Pros
lunch breaks, great place to be employeed
Cons
there were no cons for me