Traeger Wood Pellet Grills Employee Reviews

Great Culture
Regional Product Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 17, 2018
This is great company to work for with a great product. They very a fun and have a great outlook of what they want to accomplish. They're goal orientated and make it worth you while when you reach your goals.
Pros
Free lunches and
Cons
Can't think of any.
Awful
Events Staff (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 3, 2018
I had a rough go with this company and was treated very poorly by management. I was not trained in any of my multiple roles with this company and was thrown to the wolves time and time again.
see below
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 3, 2017
I enjoyed my time with this company. There were some downsides and some upsides. overall a good company but still need to figure some things out. A valuable experience.
Pros
some
Relaxed work environment
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 23, 2017
A typical day at work would include review aged accounts receivable, resolving refund requests, reviewing customers that recently had a credit card decline and contacting them.

The workplace culture was very relaxed and flexible.
Pros
Free lunches and really flexible environment
Cons
Tedious tasks and I was not challenged enough
Rollercoaster
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 20, 2017
You can make good money here if you're good at politics. If you just want to come in, do your work and leave you will not do very well here. When hired you're told that your schedule is based on performance, when in fact its more based on who you're friends with and how often you use their social media chat. I've seen great rep's leave, and mediocre reps get the best shows because they share a beer with the boss.

I'd love to see them put there money where their mouth is, a lot more rep's would stay if that were the case, but on average I see 3-5 reps leave per month (out of about 130).

By the way, whomever reviewed the company and stated their least favorite thing was cold calling probably never worked here. There is no cold calling. One of the best parts about the job is qualified people walk by us every minute.
Pros
Commission structure is 10/10, schedule, no cold calling, fun, travel dept
Cons
Bad schedule policy, managers focus too much on being friends
great product
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 22, 2017
New CEO has made great strides to build the company up. Great pay for the motivated sales person. You do your show alone so you have to be a great self starter to be successful.
Pros
travel all over the country 10 on 10 off rotation
Cons
alone on trips and shows
Lost my Job with Company re-structure
Technical Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJune 19, 2017
Lost my job when the company was re-structured and moved the technical customer service to Utah where the corporate office moved a few years earlier. I afforded me to opportunity to go back to college and finally finish my associate degree.
Pros
Free drinks while working
Unstable
sales rep (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJuly 11, 2016
Company quickly transferred employment to Utah from Oregon location after hiring new CEO. Move was not always handled in professional manner
Poor Work Environment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTMay 25, 2016
During my time working for Traeger, I realized they do not care about their employees. I was told when I started the position they would work around other commitments, but they did not. Instead, I got the short end of everything. I would not recommend this company to others.
Pros
Seems like a good opportunity at first
Cons
Company does not seem to care about its employees
Great Culture
National Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 16, 2015
For me the traveling wasn't working out. I had a couple of family emergencies back home that I needed to take care of they were more than willing to compensate and help out but the traveling was hindering my ability to be there.
Great Product, Fun to Sell
Dealer Sales and Support (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJanuary 22, 2015
My days at Traeger were a mixed bag of responsibilities depending on the task at hand. Incoming and outgoing sales calls to the Traeger dealer base. Overseeing the ordering and shipment of Traeger grills, accessories, and marketing materials for dealer support. Coordinate cooking demonstrations, food preparation, and travel throughout Oregon and Washington territories.
I learned the importance of Brand recognition, and how to promote and protect the brand both from within and outside of the organization.
During my time with Traeger the organization had a flat structure, two supervisors then the owner, which made all decisions. This structure mixed with the personalities in place often caused a bottleneck at the top and delayed both information and decisions pertaining to the dealer base.
I enjoyed most of my co-workers, Traeger was a fun product to sell and created a casual working environment.
The most difficult part of my job was overcoming the objections of our dealer base relating to Traeger selling grills online, thus becoming both supplier and competitor.
By far, the most enjoyable part of my job at Traeger was traveling the territories and providing cooking(grilling) demonstrations at dealer locations which increased dealer grill sales and built stronger business relationships.
Pros
Great Medical Benefits and Discounted Traeger Grills and Accessories.
Cons
Wages.
Employees do not matter. There are more where you came from.
MD (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 18, 2014
The title says it all. No matter how much you do for the company or the results you get for them, do not expect to be rewarded for your efforts. There are more where you came from that will work for less is their philosophy.
growing company
National Sales Trainer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 12, 2014
Above all, this company cares about its employees. I have been with the company for 2.5 years and have never felt more appreciated and challenged in the same environment. Coming from a grass roots sales background, it's hard to find a company that isn't trying to get over on sales reps in some way. Since I have been here, commissions and expectations have never changed, I have had the opportunity to grow within the ranks, and I have truly grown in my profession. We undoubtedly have a product that is second to none and a religious customer following that takes the threat of competition out of the picture for the sales reps. WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR? I am extremely pleased overall and am excited to see how this company develops in the next few years.
Main office did horrible job
Assistant Sales Manager/Store Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 6, 2014
Typical day at work was mostly standing around and selling product. Upper management was a joke. never did their jobs and simply did not allow us to do our jobs.
Energetic and Fast Paced, Hold On!
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 7, 2014
Things happen fast at Traeger, so if you're ready to work hard and make good money, get ready!
No job security whatsoever!
National Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  NationwideJanuary 16, 2014
I am a National Sales Rep with Traeger and urge anyone considering a job as a sales rep at Traeger to run as fast as you can away for them. There is no job security in that you never know from one show to the next if you are going to be working, regardless of your level of success. This is truly a "churn and burn" sales organization and one that I regret ever being a part of.
Pros
Cons
no job security, poor communication from corporate office
Alot of standing around with nothing to do
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 28, 2013
standing around waiting for customers
management is very pushy
fun co workers
hardest part is cold calling people
Awesome
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 24, 2013
Motivation necessary during a typical day of work. I built my confidence working here. Management is very strong. My co-workers are pleasant. The most difficult part of the job is never letting go of potential customer. The most enjoyable portion of the job is forming relationships with customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Traeger Wood Pellet Grills. Our community is ready to answer.

Traeger Wood Pellet Grills Reviews by Location