Traemand

Traemand Employee Reviews

Typically a 2 person crew (installer and assembler). Scheduling of installation time frame usually not long enough. Number 1 complaint heard from customers: Poor or non-existent communication from office staff or management. Direct supervisor had no previous construction experience. I will say this: my dispatcher (scheduler) had my back. Shortly after I started, both the current installer who was training me and the assembler quit within a very short period of time, leaving just myself to handle multiple installs that averaged 3-5 days each. She helped keep me grounded and positive and spoke to each customer and explained the situation. Granted I was approved for as much overtime as I could handle, but each of these installations suffered, giving very negative reviews on the completion surveys that are sent to each customer when their project is completed. When another assembler was hired, due to performance issues with my team partner, we received only 1 positive survey. I was sent an email from my supervisor telling me that I needed to step up my game or (not the exact verbiage) we would need to re evaluate my continued employment status. No offering of suggestions to help me achieve this was given. Other than a "Referral Partner" that would take installations when we couldn't get to them, I was the only installer for this market which is the entire state. A 2nd installer was recently hired and my employment was terminated shortly thereafter, again, with no explanation. I can only assume it was due to the negative reviews, which are usually generated by the - more...
Pros
Great experience, was able to meet some really cool customers, initial starting wages were above average. National installation trainer is AWESOME!
Cons
Expensive benefits, lack of real support from direct management, expectations of high quality workmanship, with sub par products, not enough time to do a quality installation.
September 3, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate that we could not receive this feedback while you were still working at Traemand. It is rare that our installers must work on their own; especially after a short training. We are happy that your dispatcher was able to support you through out. Teamwork is something that is of high value here at Traemand and it is always good to hear that it is maintained.Traemand does put a lot of emphasis on customer surveys to ensure we are delivering the best possible customer service we promised throughout the entire kitchen renovation journey. These surveys help us to identify any areas of improvement that are needed.We continue to work on our benefits program to provide the best service for our employees and it has gotten significantly better since you left the company. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with the customers and our trainer.We would love to speak further with you to continue to develop ourselves. If you are open to discussion, please give us a call at 720-214-4064.
Great team to work for, with room to advance. Manager is professional and understanding. Also nice since you basically run your own crew (team of 2, yourself and an assembler) as Lead Installer. As long as protocol is followed, customer service and craftsmanship is excellent, and Installs are generally completed on time (doing your job), you will do well here!
Pros
Run your own crew, Management, competitive pay
Cons
Slightly more expensive benefits
September 3, 2020
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoy working for Traemand and that you have such great relationships with your manager and peers. This is something that is highly encouraged here at Traemand!It is true that we put a lot of trust in our teams to run their own crews and it seems like you truly take pride in your craft which is one of our core values here at Traemand. I did notice that in the cons section you mentioned slightly more expensive benefits. Please note that we continue to work on our benefit program and aim to provide the best service for our employees.We look forward to a bright future with you as part of the Traemand family!
Don't work here, seriously. Not only is the product not great - like seriously install your own kitchen and save $3000 - but also there's very little done in terms of holding people accountable.
a good place to work, quality installs & high customer satisfaction, good training and work environment. could not physically handle the 60+ hour work week
September 3, 2020
I appreciate your perspective, and agree that we have some great co-workers! Everyone is focused on taking care of the customer as they work to improve their kitchens, the heart of their homes! Here at Traemand we try to ensure a healthy work/life balance and 60+ hour workweeks is not the norm for us. We are sorry you experienced this and we will use this comment to ensure our teams are not overworked moving forward.
It is very peaceful and very welcoming. They introduce each other to you very well and become your friend. You are able to learn new things there and they will help you in anything you need help with.
September 3, 2020
Thank you for leaving such great feedback! Traemand strives for a positive work environment and I am so glad it was evident to you. Our employees are like family to us. Wishing you all the best!
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Rude, horrible management. If you need time off, they punish you. The management will treat you as though you are in Kindergarten. Micro management is a understatement. The owners have no Idea what they are doing. Do NOT! work for this company. Work anywhere else.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Everything else.
September 3, 2020
I appreciate the feedback and your perspective, and agree that we have some great co-workers! Everyone is focused on taking care of the customer as they work to improve their kitchens, the heart of their homes! We do offer three weeks of Paid Time Off to all US employees PLUS an additional 8 days of holiday pay for days that the office is closed. And I would be disappointed if there was ever a situation where a person didn’t feel valued, and able to recharge in the middle of the day on a break or lunch.Obviously your concerns are easier addressed when you are still working here than after, but I’m interested in talking through your experience at Traemand so we can continue to get better. Please give me a call at 720-214-4064.
September 3, 2020
Well as a planner, you had to call people to make sure they are home. You had to scan in paperwork, take photos of the kitchens. People constantly change their plans and make you update it. The compensation for the job was decent when I start this job. Commission is a joke really 2% of the total. $1000 = $20, Average was 2500-5k. so $45-100. at $14-16 an hour Even if you think you sold it. 1/3 would back out after then scheduled it. Hard to sell when Installs dates are 4-6 months out due to lack of installers. Mileage was nice 50c a mile. Then they reduced it to almost nothing. (like 25c, but you don't count the 1st 50 miles.) If you drove 51miles, you got a whole .25) They try to keep you in your zone, so they pay you nothing here) Average you drive 20,000-30,000 miles. Really -15% of the value of the car loss. $3500-6000 in gas a year depending on the car you drive Since the Trump Tax plan makes you unable to write off your mileage if you are a w2. 1099 you can. Paper and ink. They stopped refunding this; later when I worked, expenses. You had to pay for it at the end. The largest issues Is the signed paperwork. Most employees just toss the paperwork in the garbage with peoples information and signature 3 weeks paid vacation was nice. 15days. Pretty much the only nice thing. Health Care you paid was about $300-400 a month as a none smoker and no health issues. Dental is capped at $1000. Vision is a joke. Replacing lenses is $10 cheaper and you pay $5 a month. $30 co pay for a eye visit
Pros
Helping customers with remodeling, and sometimes friendly people
Cons
Read above
I enjoyed working at Traemand. My Manager was Great person, always easy to approach her always with big smiles, the only problem what most of the time was the software get too slow or takes too long to save and up date. The software needs to be up to the mark as performance as expected.
Pros
total incharge of your own project
Cons
Software was not up to the mark as profromences was demanded
Company switched from in-home planning to remote planning services. Many people left the company because the demands were exhaustive and the tools were not in place to offset the increased workload of remote planning. Not enough field support was hired prior to the deployment of their new structure to handle the increase of appointments. With double the appointment capacity and people leaving, this left a hefty workload for those that stayed. After being ignored by upper management, I decided to leave as well. The pay was good (especially with mileage and commissions) but ended up working a lot on my own time so I didn't have a personal life. Also, as a Planner, you have to wear the "customer service" hat, yet you have no authority which makes it difficult to handle customer complaints when your kitchen goes to install.
Pros
weekly phone reimbursement, commission, mileage
Cons
poor manangement, lack of communication
pros.... work from home after doing on site appoinments cons becasue its a small company benefits are not great travel is everyday for the most part and not all mileage is reimbursed no pay for window time to first job and from last job hours are not steady. could be 2 one day and 12 the next
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Traemand?
They are looking just to make money without expend it or invest, they looking for professionals at the helpers cost.they cut off the benefits that they offered at the beginning ,etc,etc that is better do not talk about it
Cons
they are full of lies
The company is unprecedented. They pay well, opportunities are abundant, and are aggressively growing. They foster a culture of world class craftsmanship and service. The work is challenging and deeply satisfying. They don't limit an individuals excellence OR income. I'm very happy here.
Pros
Excellence in leadership, value, and vision. Excellent pay.
Cons
Too much work, too few passionate craftsmen.
No Management. No Raises Ever Need to pay for your own Workers comp Benefits are not very good. a lot per month for health care you pay for Company took mileage away for expenses, or you never got any mileage expenses. Average driving is 25,000 miles -Get paid weekly
Pros
a job
Cons
Read above
If you are looking for a job, look elsewhere. The old way of finding good employees and taking care of them doesn't exist with them. They operate is such a secret manor, instead of communications with employees. They are a middleman company that makes money when you are cheap labor and you work fast costing them less. THERE WORK only comes when IKEA can send them a lead of a customer who wants cabinets installed. Even when they get a lead, kitchen planer must sell it or you have nothing! THEY DON'T guarantee any hours! So you are not really like an employee. Any employee can easily be replaced if they find cheaper labor. You sit with nothing to do when they don't have work and they can't give you anything definite for your schedule of when you will have work. No Work-You make no money They have so many bad reviews from customers as workers are underpaid and you get what you pay for!! Sub-contractors get the work before you.
Pros
If they have tons of work, you will work
Cons
terrible management and there system should be declared illegal
The work starts with followups and ends with design and planing I learned new sales Technics. Managements are helpful. hardest part of the job is working in the metro cities where there is no parking and planing a space while it is in a middle stage of construction. the most enjoyable part of the work is to bring the vision of the customers dream kitchen into reality. It is exiting to see the customer thank full and great full for the job I comleted for them.
Cons
Canadian Management is comprised of ex IKEA upper management and their friends and family. Denver HQ is essentially non existent Just getting through a day as an employee can be daunting. Worse for clients. Worse still for clients with issues. Manager will throw any of his employees "under the bus" as method to dealing with difficult client issues. Absolutely no set hours, *schedules will change minutes before what was booked. Driving is brutal and the rate they pay for km does not even come close to paying the wear and tear on one's car. NON existent culture. NONE! As a planner you either get minimal to no hours or during events at IKEA you cannot breathe. No balance ever! And in the end with the way its set up, you are always online looking for your next assignment, which is every Sunday afternoon as well. .. so you constantly check in...again NO BALANCE super let down by this job, most dissapointing professional experience ever. Shame on Traemand!
Pros
None, except some clients are amazing
Cons
Practically everything once you realize how badly organized it is. Lots of staff turnover!
Traemand again was not the best company to work for and the lack of communication between management and employees was very poor. They hire you based on Full Time but what really determines your Part time and or Full time status is by IKEA and how many services they sell.
I was hired to be a kitchen planner a year ago, Everyone was excited and enthusiastic about the kitchen planner role, which included a visit to the customers home, measuring, interviewing the customer and creating a design on the Ikea Home Planner Online Program. I learned so much about creating a design quickly, since our appointment was 4 hours and there was much to get done in that time frame! The management was great until they hired someone in to "reduce costs" at which time we were all informed that we needed to get all the work done at the customer appt. instead of finishing extra calculations and uploading off site. The hardest part of the job was the long hours which included a lot of high traffic driving. I was assigned an appointment in LA at 9am which, for me, meant leaving at 7am. Then the second appointment at 1p and leaving for home at 6. Didn't get home till 7-8p. Long days and lots of traffic! The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the customers, who were mostly wonderful, and designing a kitchen with and for them which was a delight! I really enjoyed this job until the company hired in a new manager to get numbers up and costs down and he began to pressure everyone and morale went down! The emphasis became selling installations as the top priority and no longer the kitchen design.
Pros
Great compensation, mileage, internet, paid time off, benefits
Cons
Excessive driving to appointments, long distances, evaluations by new mgr to pressure planners
The company is good. They are very flexible with the schedule. the CFO is very supportive. Staff are friendly and help other people.
What a pleasure it is to come in to work every day! I have had jobs where it was a daily struggle to come to work. Not here! The leadership team is second to none and they consistently put a lot of effort into developing skills that will help me not only in my career with Traemand but wherever I go throughout my life. I report to the CFO and he is one of the greatest managers I have ever worked for! There is always a sense of urgency but along with that I have great flexibility and freedom. Traemand has more than doubled its size since I have been here, (2 years) and it will continue for years to come. If you are looking for an opportunity to have your ideas heard and the opportunity to truly make a difference in a company then this is the place for you!
Pros
Culture, Leadership, Benefits, Opportunity
Cons
I move desks about every 6 months since we are growing so fast!
Planning IKEA kitchens is their only business. Fun job with lots of work flow, resulting in quick skill building and good commission income.