Traffic Plan Employee Reviews

Keep the roads safe when roads are under construction
Federal Van Driver/Traffic Handler (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAMarch 25, 2019
Great place to work! Minimal physical requirements besides having to stand all day but does require you to work mentally, you have to be very vigilant when directing traffic or people can get seriously hurt. I quit due to health issues if not I would have still been working there.
Pros
Keep others out of harms way, relaxed Job, room for advancement
Don't do it....real talk
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 14, 2019
I would advise people to stay away from this place. I've worked there for almost 3 yrs, and what started out as a great work place quickly diminished. Alot of backstabbing and gossip....modern day soap opera. Management sucks. No one will have your back here when faced with situations outside of work relations. Borderline harassment. If you don't care about what direction you want to go in life, then this job is perfect for you. P.S. You will have short checks... especially if work is slow. No way to get hrs if you are not scheduled to work.
Pros
Cons
Employment here
My first full time job!
Flagger (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 28, 2019
I have worked a couple part time jobs before but this is my first full time job. I have to say, I love it. I got paid for training and everyone was so helpful when I started in the field. I got see different types of set ups and feel like I was learning something new each day. I like being outside and being somewhere new each day.
Cons
It can be a long day outside but I got used to standing for a long time. I bought good shoe inserts.
Great Job!!
Flagger (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 28, 2019
This place is awesome to work at. Everyone I come in contact with is friendly. Plus, the benefits are covered by the company which is a huge bonus for me and my spouse.
Pros
Flagger
pretty good job
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 28, 2019
I have been wrking at traffic plan for 2 years now and i have job stability. I sometimes get bored standing around all day but im getting paid for it so its fine. The overtime pay is really good and i get paid every friday.
Great Company to work for
Office Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 27, 2019
A lot of hands on training.

Room for advancement.

Great Pay.

Family Orientated.

I get excited about coming to work everyday.

I get to see new places all the time.
BEST flagging job
Flagger/Traffic Control (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 27, 2019
i worked for 2 other flagging companies before and traffic plan is the best. i have been here for 3 months and i am getting a promotion to CREW CHIEF now i get a work van, i'm happy bout it.i already got a raise too ...
Crew Chief
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJFebruary 27, 2019
I enjoy working at traffic plan. I have been there for over 1 year and i have great benefits. I got use to standing for long periods of time. I am now a union employee and get scheduled raises which i REALLY like.
Horrible management
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 4, 2018
The management is by far the worst people i have had the privilege of working for. They constantly look for reasons to write up their employees and take "disciplinary action". After making Crew Chief there is little to no advancement opportunities. I do not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Weekly Pay, Healthcare & Dental benefits, Travel
Cons
Long Hours (24 hour shifts sometimes), Poor management
No real career
Flaggers (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 29, 2018
Lots of favoritism. They only work you one day a week. No morale here, every good review is by management. They are a union but they don't represent you good. Pay is good when you are working the hours. Flaggers don't get any relief because they don't want you to take breaks. You can't get promoted, they only hire ex cops for upper management. Management sits around and takes pictures of you all day while on the job site, basically looking for ways to fire you. Fast food is better than this. They GPS your phones and Vans
Pros
There are none
Cons
Too much to write
Do not give them a chance unless you want to be played.
Flagger (Former Employee) –  BethlehemOctober 29, 2018
Yes. In season you can make good money. But it’s not worth it. You’ll need another job for the winter but they won’t let you. You usually need to give them at least 10.5 hours of your day. You deal with drama nonstop. Management is all head games. High turnover so you usually work alone or with a crew chief. Most of the time no bathroom breaks. Managers don’t come out to give you a break. If you do even with a 10 hour day you’ll get a 5 minute break. Favoritism exists so if they don’t like you you’ll never get promotions. Crew chiefs don’t listen to your opinions about set ups. Do not work here. The only good reviews are by management so don’t listen to them.
Pros
Good money during the summer
Cons
Just about everything is a negative
Management needs some serious improvements
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  ChesapeakeOctober 9, 2018
Management needs some serious improvements.Green horns get all the jobs they don't know how to set-up,if you're an ex-cop this is the place for you after retirement, and people of color will be stuck in whatever position you come in at.
Pros
Take home vehicle
Cons
Everything else
A amazing and fun place to work
Flagger/Construction Helper (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NJJune 28, 2018
I worked with amazing people, I worked on Highways and also overnights and contruction. Their wasn't any hard parts in the job. I appricated the and wisdom from everyone from my supervisors and everyone in the traffic plan operation
Pros
people and the great workers who made it easy to work for this great compant
Cons
I was a crew chief and that the highest popstion I could get so I wanted more
not hard work just slow paced
SAFETY TECHNICIAN/FLAGGER (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 16, 2018
pro :not a bad job no real labor weekly pay overtime fluctuates

cons: pay rate max out is low no real advancement opportunity bad benefits management is hard to reach
Great Company
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NJApril 19, 2018
While working for Traffic Plan this company was amazing. They ensured their workers were happy and satisfied at all times. They compensated for anything that was felt as though was excessive to the workers, even travel out of state was covered by the company including room/board and also food expenses.
Bad workplace
Flagger/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2018
Long hours, endure weather, hours drop during winter drastically. No lunch breaks and sometimes no bathroom breaks during shifts,long travel for jobs with no compensation.
Take a minute to weigh your options
Flagger/Traffic Control (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 2, 2018
Don't work at the k.o.p office cause the other offices thinks k.o.p is a joke. Theirs mad favoritism in the office so if your not the favorite during the off season you won't get any hours. When you're out on the field get ready to hold your bladder cause unless your Foreman wants to take a break your not getting one.The work to life balance when in season is terrible. Example you when in season you can start at 7 a.m. won't get off until 5 p.m. have to drive about an hour or two to get home not including traffic and have to work the next day and be there again by 7. When an offseason you need to find a part-time job cuz you'll be lucky to get one day a week.
Pros
Good money when in season
Cons
No breaks unless the Foreman feels like giving you one
Terrible company with no advancement at all
Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NJMarch 7, 2018
Horrible company that overworks the employees and no resonable compensation. Management is a joke that only cares about money and nothing else. There is no room for advancement at all so dont even think about a career there.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay, terrible union, varied hours, favoritism is rediculous
CREW CHIEF AND TRAINER (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 5, 2017
Smaller company, good culture
Not enough room for advancement
Travel was good
Employees were respectful
Could use more training options across the board
Work equipment was up to date
Vehicles were new and reliable
Steady and comfortable company
Flagger (Current Employee) –  NjAugust 10, 2017
Do your job and make the money simple. Every day you may be at another site or moving around the work is simple the pay is ok. The hours vary from day to day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Traffic Plan. Our community is ready to answer.