TrailersPlus Employee Reviews

Challenging never boring with amazing opportunities
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDJanuary 17, 2019
Trailers Plus sales utiliy, cargo, and dump trailers. Their Interstate cargos are the best built in the industry and you will feel confident selling them. I worked as an assistant store manager and worked my way up to manager and there was more opportunities to advance because they hire from within the company. I worked for the company for 3.5 years and what is awesome about this company is that the the owners have a direct relationship with the stores and your are encouraged to call them on any deals that need made. If you're looking for a fun challenging job in sales I encourage you to apply.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work environment
Cons
Work every saturday (common in sales though)
Interesting work, self managing
Parts and service associate (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WANovember 23, 2018
Most days are different, some days you'll imstall accessories, others you fix damaged trailers, somedays you'll have opritunity to sell trailers for commission.
Work every Saturday
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  LavoniaNovember 18, 2018
When hired I was promised that I would work 40 plus hours a week. The last month my hours have dropped under part time hours. Work every single Saturday missed many of my kids sporting events. No paid time off. Three sales that I know of went to the manager that should have been given to me. Management does not listen to ideas that you have to promote sales and are set in their ways. Call center seems to be the main focus of the company to the point where they would get credit for sales. First pay check was the most money the entire time I was there every other time it went down $100 or more. Paid every two weeks. Loved what I did but for a family man hours are terrible and last straw is not getting credit for trailers I sold.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Management does not like listening to other ideas to make company run better
Way more stressful selling trailers then it should be
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTNovember 17, 2018
I work for the company for 3 years the most stressful job I ever had way over micromanage the ony good thing is the pay they do not provide enough training the monthly sales goals are very high and hard to achievethere's a process and procedure for everything for example to order non stocking parts it is a two page process upper management sucks they always threatened bonuses I never felt secure with my job
Pros
Pay hours
Good work environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  OregonNovember 6, 2018
Overall Mgt. Team was good
Work environment was a positive
Unfortunately I got laid off due to the recent steel tariffs which increased the manufacturing cost.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Worst place to work,pointless meetings everyday employees are expendable
Psa (Former Employee) –  TucsonOctober 29, 2018
This place was a joke. Every day you have pointless meetings that sometime noting in them pertain to you the owners are greedy and rude they micro mange everything from 100’s of miles away the pay isn’t that great and if they do offer you benefits they’re over priced. They’ll train you and waste all this time on you just to let you go. I do not recommend wasting your time with any position at this company.
Pros
Noting really
Cons
You work Saturdays employees are expendable low pay
Potential to be a good company
Salesman, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAOctober 18, 2018
Trailers Plus has the potential to be a good company. The pay is above what most places would give entry level sales people. Products offered help make your job as a salesman easier because customers can recognize the quality. The downside to Trailers Plus begins with the top down. The micro managing that occurs is beyond excessive and causes the door to be a revolving one with employees. The work week is more or less company over family 100% of the time unless your a DM or greater.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Micro Managing, Work/Family initiative
find somewhere else. not worth it
PARTS AND SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 17, 2018
will fire you for almost anything. more paperwork than you can imagine. you will be micromanaged and watched like a hawk. they want you to sell but give you way too much other stuff to do to prevent you.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
very micromanaged
na
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2018
average company with limited long range view. the opportunity for growth as a company exists if the owners are willing to implement new ideas. jgfkfglg
Great Teams
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2018
Phoenix store is a very friendly location. A very home like atmosphere and everyone works great as a team to gey the job done. Store luch is coman and we need more assistants to get our service open full time also need a sales consultant.
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
It hot out
Worse place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lodi, CAMay 24, 2018
Micro manage. Give pay raises and take them away a few weeks later. Managers don't know how to manage. Care more about the call center then they do there slaes associates
Great Career w/ Fast Moving Advancement Opportunities
Senior Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDMay 3, 2018
Working for TrailersPlus has given me more opportunities then I could have imagined. Since I started 10 years ago I have been able to move to states I've always wanted to and I have the security knowing I have a job there waiting for me. This company has also provided multiple positions where any employee can graduate too as long as they prove they deserve it. If you are looking to start a career... APPLY!
Pros
2 Days off, Pto, 401K, Career Opportunities
Cons
Retail
Micro managed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXMarch 7, 2018
Very micro managed. Good at the stores. Corporate not so friendly. High turnover. Would be better if the stores could market to there location instead of same as the rest of the company
Extremely corporate
Parts and Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 21, 2018
Poor work experience at this company. They watch over your every move and count the minutes worked in a day to make sure that there is "top efficiency".
Pros
Physical labor job
Cons
Not a plesant job.
Never Will I return to this company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDJanuary 25, 2018
Harassment was not dealt with and women should not be degraded. When reported they remove you. Two weeks later they fired their top performing associate, and reliable always on time.
Good stepping stone
Parts and Service technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Employees are worked to the bone well corporate is completley unawareof how their stores are ran.
Offer no benefits and are completely unflexible.
Bad company
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
10 hour days get paid for 8
Stressful Place To Work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 28, 2017
Good way for Store Managers, a little stressful. Company is very micromanaging, no benefits like sick days, paid vacation, heath benefits. Some of the good things about this place is the staff here at the store. Hard workers and always come in with a positive vibe. Some of the things that I don't like is the management, they don't believe in slow seasons. They expect all Southern Stores to sell the same amount as the West Coast store even in our snowy season.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No benefits
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDOctober 27, 2017
I loved working for the company. Well located and was willing to work with me on hours worked and days off. Would definitely recommend to a friend looking for a job
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
No scheduled breaks and Insurance coverage
Management Team out of state
Yard Inventory/Sales/ Repair associate (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDMay 23, 2017
Local management was Ok but seemed to be disjointed in administering policies.

The work load was fast paced.

Change in management occurred quite often.
Very productive workplace & the manager is great
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Baltimore, VASeptember 23, 2016
Trailersplus was great place to work. They got a little unorganized and chaotic at times but they still got the job done. I left because I felt that it wasn't the right for for me and what I wouldn't to do and they pay was not enough. Great place to get a trailer though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TrailersPlus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6