Trane Employee Reviews

great place
Production Assembler (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 15, 2018
Good company to work for. paid lunches. need more vacation and sick leave. 8 hour shifts are great. with overtime optional. recommend to anyone.........
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
more sick days
Trane
Support Materials (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLApril 14, 2018
Good place to work at if you like to work in a factory type job. It's a Monday through Friday job and sometimes a Saturday for some nice over time. Lot of competition to go full time
Great Place
Service Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 11, 2018
Invest heavily in employees. Everyone is extremely approachable and there is a good sense of belonging in the office. i would recommend working here. Very good place.
Job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 9, 2018
EVERDAY job is very repetitive and a team environment

Management isn't the best either its more so you work the time assigned and thats it basically not really flexible with schedules
Poor
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 7, 2018
To many hours and fires people who been with the company 20+ years over dumb stuff, outrageous drama with older people, favoritism, hr tells everyones business, very disorganized, they expect you to work ot at the last minute, hard to advance if you are not a certain color
Pros
Good benefits
Great managment
HVAC Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 6, 2018
best thing about Trane is being located in Denver Colorado the main Rocky Mountain District office,you get to meet all of the major bosses from the corporation of that department and seeing how well they work with everybody, I liked how everyone was equal and everyone was treated with respect it's a great place to be and you get all the knowledge that you can get from Trane Equipment
Sadly had to relocate because of my significant other got her career opportunity in Salt Lake City, I recommend to go to trane and experience what I've experienced
Pros
100% support and info
Cons
Denver CO traffic
Great Internship
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Rushville, INApril 2, 2018
Great internship. I learned a lot about manufacturing processes while I was there. I really enjoyed working with the people there as well.It was a really good learning experience for me.
Very productive place great work force
Tech 3 (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 20, 2018
Trane is great place of work.It is a place u can thrive and excel.They are very strong on safety.Trane is a company that u can look forward to retirement.
Best place to work
Quality Control / Inspector / Machinist (Former Employee) –  Lacrosse, WIMarch 20, 2018
I spent 30 of my 36 years running machines was very rewarding.
I then took on the role as a quality control inspector and loved it I had fun and was a master class pay rate.
Pros
great money and people
Cons
lots of long drives to work in the snow. strict attendance policy
Fast pace
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMarch 12, 2018
Room for advancement if you want to move up. Learn alot of standard work and one piece flow. They teach you some of the jobs in orientation before putting you on the floor.
Pros
union
Cons
short breaks
Dead-end job for Project Managers
PROJECT MANAGER / DESIGN ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 2, 2018
Trane does not provide any training or development for its project mangers (at least not in the branch office that I work in). Plenty of training and development for technicians, but nothing for PM's.
Pros
Pays well. Good bonus. Plenty of work to keep you busy.
Cons
Very weak management that lacks experience in the area they manage, No investment in employee development.
productive and fun place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 28, 2018
great establishment . lots of opportunity to grow and be in a leadership role . the culture is outstanding and employees voices are def. heard great place to work
great company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOFebruary 26, 2018
loading and unloading on a daily basic working with customer problems solving customer service working with other employess in a matters working with sales reps i
Pros
sometimes didn't a chance becuase of a customers
Cons
health is great
Cut-throat, No training for advancement.
HVAC Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2018
No training, management doesn't care about you, so you are stuck doing the same job thing until further notice. Raises are pathetic, 3% at the best. Benefits are decent, but at the cost of being stuck and not progressing, it's really not enough. Management is the worst, too many heads and hands were they don't need to be and they have no clue what goes on out in the field.
I enjoyed being a receiving clerk
Recieving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 19, 2018
I loaded and unloaded freight, checked all product that came in for accuracy and any damage. Entered all inventory into the computer system, the put away inventory by hand or by fork lift.
Pros
enjoyed operating a forklift
Cons
Pay was not very good at that time
Job had its ups and downs
Brazer (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 19, 2018
My co-workers were good to work with. Like most companies you have those that only looked out for themselves while others tried to do the best at including everyone, I worked there many years only to be done out of my rightful pay, and in the end the plant was closed down after new ownership had taken over. Management was not honest with the employees and caused a lot of issues within the company.
Pros
Had good co-workers.
Cons
Pay was taken away after many years of service/ no advancement
Great hands on experience
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Great fast pace environment, Trane provides great benefits for singles and families. They provide money for college classes if your interested in furthering your educating
Trane was not bad to work in.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 8, 2018
Trane was not bad to work in,but not too good to.because when I started working there something happen to me and they ignored me,though it's was something related to the job that got me sick.
Pros
No free lunch at trane.
Cons
I was given no health care.
first jo
Receptionist/Service department assistant (Former Employee) –  Rowland, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Nice experience for me business attire work atmosphere

Holiday paid and benefits

new management comes with cleaning house bringing in their own people.
Very poor.
Industrial Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJFebruary 2, 2018
Very poor work place. Low wages in high cost of living area. Very poor treatment of workers. layoffs often. Look some were else. It took me two years for my back to recover after leaving Trane - Ingersol Rand .