Trans West Security Employee Reviews

Trans-West is a good place to work at.
Security Officer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 18, 2017
I couldn't be happier with all the experience and skills I have gained at Transwest throughout the years. Especially being part of Supervision has really expanded my learning window.
Pros
A lot of over time available
Cons
short breaks
very exciting to work for this company
Security Operations Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 28, 2017
This company has its moments but for the most part its an awesome company to work for. I returned three times to work for them so yeah, I really loved working for this company.
Pros
work with many different individuals
Cons
if you dont have a set schedule, your bounced like a ping pong
Great place to look for a job if you are needing one
Security Officer/Gas Rack Operator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 12, 2017
Great place to work at, Will give you full time hours at minimum wage, HR will work with you if you need time off.

You will have a wide variety of jobs that will teach and introduce you for other jobs you will like to apply for in the future
Pros
Paid time off, Company works with you time off requests
Cons
Low rate of Pay
Bad Company To Work For
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 20, 2017
I hated working for this company. They treated workers like dogs and didnt care about anything other than making money. Always made us drive all the way to their office to pick up our checks
Pros
Cons
management
great
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 27, 2015
I currently work as a Security Officer at Mary K. Shell through the Dept. of Kern County Mental Health. Duties performed include working next to County professionals assisting them in various tasks that involving all levels of low risk to high risk Mental Health Clients. My job is to keep the Staff, Clients, and Property safe. I also work in a area within the facility, the (P.E.C.) also known as crisis center or psychiatric Evaluation Center. Where I work with other Security Officers and Mental Health Staff . There my purpose and duty is to ensure the safety of staff and clients, working in a locked unit while in uniform , my presents involves the use of crisis intervention skills and some physical restraints and seclusions when the order is given in an aggressive situation to help resolve a fight or flight situation. I also make four rounds on the hour eight hours a day throughout the area and perimeter keeping a close watch on Mental Health Staff while there undergoing services in private with Clients. The lobby and the parking lot are also part of my foot patrol. I also transport Mental Health 5150 Clients to 3B from time to time. Checking locks, responding to panic alarms and escorting Staff and Clients are also included throughout the day. My purpose is to observe and report while keeping safety my number one goal planning effectively in a professional manner acting necessary as needed.
Pros
good work
Cons
pay is bad
poor supervisor staff
former employee (Former Employee) –  bakersfield californiaMarch 17, 2015
Supervisors are bad and have superiority complex hr doesn't do anything about them been hard at work for them for four years and supervisor thinks he can tell me how to do my job and he's the one that's new
Pros
lunch
Cons
horrible boss very demeaning of employees and has a superiority complex
Good work enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Elkhills, Taft,caJanuary 14, 2015
was on feet most of the time , sometimes long hours , supervisors always tried to give notice if overtime was needed of you , most of the other security guards were great to work with , working nights or weekends good be very slow so had to work to stay alert at times ...best part of the job was the people I worked with & saw on a daily basis ...
Pros
Good benifits, vacation, 401k
Cons
poor health coverage
Chill and boring.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 20, 2014
It may be a chill job not doing much, but it is boring and not very hands on. I am better hands on physical work. Some of the people are really cool.
Good local security company.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 18, 2013
Lots of opportunities to work in different areas and environments.
Pros
Job sites
Cons
Pay
great place to work
security officer (Former Employee) –  bakersfield, lost hills,caMarch 7, 2012
A great place to work.they also have really good employees and office staff.
Pros
good training and good pay and good clients.
Cons
there wasn't anything to complain about.