Transaction Network Services Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 18, 2018
I would not recommend TNS to anyone. Upper management literally screamed at employees in front of customers. expectations were unrealistic, considering they refused o spend a dime to improve their network when most vulnerable.
Cons
Great employees to work with.
Engineer III/ Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 1, 2015
TNS gave me skills that I would be able to apply at other companies. My co-workers were the best that you could ask for. We went through the good times and the bad, but it made us stronger for that.
very good company with excellent work environment
Senior ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 2, 2015
The work culture is very good and employees were very friendly and professional at the same time. Customer is given the highest value to get his work done with excellence and accuracy.
Typical 8 AM to 5 PM work day with on and off support weekends. Work is distributed among team members with caution not to over burden any one person. Co-workers are very friendly and I enjoyed working in that team. Was working from home twice a week which is a convenience for me as a working women with family. Budgets issues and cost cuttings were the cons of the company.
Fast paced fun working environment.
SMS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, Va.October 28, 2014
There was never a dull moment at Telco and I can honestly say that I looked forward to going to work. Upper management leading all the way to the CEO and President of the company made you feel as though your presence mattered in making the company function and succeed.
I learned about leadership and teaching as well as balancing home life. I established lifelong relationships with my co-workers that has lasted for 20 years. The hardest part of the job was when our marketing hit new cities and states and we were unaware which led to 24 hour on call situations.
Overall this was an experience that set the bar high for expectations of future workplaces.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
24 hour on call
I love this job
Project Coordinator - TNS (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 16, 2014
I had many different tasks that made my job interesting and kept me engage all the time. Love my coworkers and the office environment.
Pros
My manager and coworkers.
Cons
I got laid off because of the crissis.
Consistant change in management with no direction
Director, National Accounts Payments Division (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Co-workers are great but the struggle is the constant change in management and the lack of direction and focus.
benefits
Cons
na
Good entry level place to start
Technical Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WADecember 23, 2013
Work with customers through email and phone.
Troubleshoot problems using various tools.
Stay away from Siris/TNS - outsourcing preempts people.
Sr. Developer IV (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2013
Well gelled team of a few competing against a company 100X our size but holding our own. Innovative products - some potentially great ideas. People come first. That was before we just got bought by an investment firm, Siris, that see $$$ and savings in outsourcing. Stay away unless looking for short term employment in depressing environment.
Pros
great people, free coffee, tea, hot chocolate, free donuts on friday, break room.
Cons
bogus deadlines, poor inter-department cooperation, layoffs.
Dynamic Environment
Director of Client Transitions (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 26, 2013
My time at TNS allowed me to grow professionally. I was able to learn a great deal about what it takes to effectively project manage, lead a team of professionals and provide excellent customer services.
Work
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 27, 2012
A lot of potential. Great place to work. Engineering & IT environment. Technical product & service.
Down to Earth environment with opportunities for growth and flexibility
Product Management/Special Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 26, 2012
I provide and maintain numerous revenue and product reports for operational reviews and internal use based reports for a variety of departments. I deal with sales teams, both inside and outside, as well as directly with customers. I work closely with teams in both a lead project role and as a member. I cross departmental lines in order to get results and improve customer service and processes.

I have learned many things, how to multi task effectively, encourage and support others, meet and/or exceed deadlines, work as a team or independently depending upon situation and be pro-active when/where applicable.

Certainly people you work with can be huge in how you think and feel about your work environment. Being blessed with a wonderful boss who believes in me and does not micro manage has been the best. My co-workers are so very talented and have knowledge and expertise required specific to their positions. We do everything within our power to support and help one another for the good of the customer and utimately too the company.

The hardest part to me is a lack of training in many areas. Telecommunications is so specialized and if you do not work with something often when or if you come back to it at some point it seems like you almost have to start from the ground floor and work up again.

Learning something new and achieving something everyday keeps things exciting for me. Also, working with positive and supportive fellow employees toward a common goal.
Pros
dress is business casual, fridays is casual with breakfast provided and flexibility, health care
Cons
in today's business world people are not as valued as they once were