TransAm Trucking
Here to help
Coronavirus update

TransAm Trucking Employee Reviews

United States479 reviews
They push you to lease a truck so that you make the payment for them. 750 a week plus insurance and maintenance escrow, etc, and fuel. Basically you drive the first 1800 miles a week just to break even, after that you make 1.31 a mile before escrows and such. Trucks governed at 64 and in eastern PA or WV, you will lose money because of fuel mileage. Good place to get solo OTR experience, but there’s better ways. I recommend going to a better company and getting a trainer for the first few weeks. You’ll end up making a lot more money
Pros
Elite pass
Cons
The pay
Joined them my first year into trucking and it seemed great.
Trucks have TVs, Direct Tv, APU's, power inverters and a fridge.

The pay was better than my first company but overall was below average when compared with other carriers.

Had a great DM but they shifted many into new positions after quite a few were caught giving favorable routes to preferred drivers.
Pros
They were driver oriented
Cons
Poor communication, below average pay
Come in early. Stay late. Come in on weekends. Bust your tail for years. Be loyal to them only for them to let you go because the department shuts down. The company is huge and they couldn’t make room within the company for an employee that’s been there for years and had went above and beyond to make sure all the work was done. Never once received a pay raise, several management changes, no bonuses, no perks, no room for advancement, no severance when they let all of us go. We had several manager changes and it would always be an outside hire that never lasted, although many of its own employees would apply for the job. Toxic environment. So much gossip and drama. HR favors upper management. I can go on about the negative.. I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone. It’s not worth the mental, physical, emotional toll that you endure at this sweatshop.
Pros
You can meet great people within the company
Cons
Everything else
This company is set up for success. It's planners and customer service along with a few other malfunctions need to be fixed. Management is the worst in the industry. There's not one person on the staff that understands trucking, as a DM, planner, or Customer Service agent. The planners don't know how to calculate enough miles for all drivers. The planners are not good. Good company with the worst team members. If you know anyone looking for a job that understands trucking maybe management will fire the bad ones and hire some folk that care. As an lease owner operator I've observed that there's much confusion in DMs managing both company drivers and LOOPS. Hire noble internal workers to assist and manage noble drivers.
Pros
Business Structure is great. Great opportunity.
Cons
DMs are confused managing both company drivers and LOOPS, they don't know how to work as a team, or they don't care to work as a team, Planning can't do simple math.
I dont think there is a company out there that is worse then TransAm Trucking. Everything about them is Trash. They will rip you off with your eyes open and won't even know it.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
They dont care about you as a person, just deliver the freight. Home time is not guaranteed and they try to send you away from home the day before it is scheduled. They don't pay layover but want you to sit 72 hours at a time. They screw you and act as they did you a favor
first I thought it was hard but my brother was with them at first Then he moved on.I had to make myself study the eld until I got It and I did. Thanks
Pros
Once you understood your part it was cake!Then the communication got beter
Cons
Do not give-up on
The management does not care about employees. It is a disrespectful workplace. Management allows the drivers to speak to you however they want with no consequences. They double you workload with no notice and give you tasks you unable to do.
July 22, 2020
Thank you for leaving a review. We respectfully disagree with your statements as we do care about our employees and our drivers. We do not tolerate disrespectful treatment from any party. It’s unfortunate if you were not able to keep up with the fast-paced nature of job. The transportation industry moves very fast and not everyone thrives in that type of environment. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
This company is a bad place to work wheather it’s new to the work force or not it’s bad all around. U will work an run miles for the lowest pay ever. It’s bad
July 22, 2020
Hello and thank you for leaving a review. We are confident that we provide competitive pay within the industry and are transparent with our pay structure during the hiring process and again upon hire. If you would like to provide detail, please email us at transam@transamtruck.com.
Do yourself and your family a favor, don't work here. Unless your a felon and it's the only job you can get. Which in that case you might go back to jail because they will break Federal laws at your expense; life, freedom, health, and sanity. They pay 80's wages, hr+ wait time on the phone (especially when time is paramount), constantly given improper load information, Relay Relay Relay, loads allow no room for natural error without them being late. Natural error; speed fluctuation, construction, traffic (morning/lunch/dinner/work commutes am & pm), detours, accidents, weather, just life stuff you can't influence because its out of your realm of influence. $00.31 a mile, sweat shop on wheels. TransAm needs to be shut down. All of the Driver managers fail to communicate between shifts so that you can be effective.
Pros
Cons
everything
July 22, 2020
We would love the opportunity to research your claims. We do not discriminate against someone’s criminal background. However, we run a safe and legal operation. We encourage you to reach out to us about your claims so we can discuss your report in further detail. Please email us at transam@transamtruck.com.
Trans Am are slave owners. I worked hard. Ran hard. I still could not provide for my family. I literally would beg for work so that I would have more than $27-$500, to feed and provide for my family after they take their cut first for my truck payment and gas. Night/Wknd Dispatch, Road Assist, Upper Management are rude af. It’s their word over the driver’s. They kill your ambition and motivation for the the profession. They don’t value great ppl with great work ethics.
Pros
You don’t get physical whipping by the slave owner.
Cons
You will not be valued in any form.
July 22, 2020
Thank you for leaving a review. We’re sorry to hear that your experience driving with TransAm was not up to your standards. At TransAm, we feel that we offer great programs for drivers to succeed. If you would like to provide more information about your experience, please email us at transam@transamtruck.com.
this company will call u during your 10 hour break at 1a-5am while you are sleeping to ask non sense questions.

No accountability here whatsoever!

Shops are the worst, then dispatch, then the ceo, risk management, and finally customer service and planners.
Pros
They stiff you on pay ( constantly short on miles by over 400 vs, What i clocked driving to what im getting paid), i kept a close eye on my money.
Cons
Call u durning your sleep "sorry we cant fix that " BUT dont u dare show up to a shipper late, You are held accountable!
This company is strictly to get your experience and move on to a better color they earn their reign has the worst company because if you cation and commitment to the driver
Pros
Cons
Low pay
July 22, 2020
Thank you for leaving a review about your experience as a driver with TransAm. We agree that we offer a great place for a new driver to build a foundation to their career, but we also believe that we offer great programs for experienced drivers to succeed.
Stay ahead of the load be on time and no accidents and you will be good! Can't be going home all the time if your at home u can't make any money.if you already have experience you would have no problem,that's why it's hard to get a hold of disbatch sometimes because of all the new drivers,not really knowing for real what to do.pay attention in orientation.
Pros
Make money!
Cons
Watch out for other drivers!
July 22, 2020
Thank you for the positive review! We agree that staying accident free and being on-time are two major factors of a driver’s success in the industry. We are glad to have you as part of the TransAm team!
Can be a great place to work if u have patients to really learn your job hard working team at times just have to understand the business and push forward with a company dat will get u miles
July 22, 2020
We appreciate the four-star review. There is a learning curve in the industry and having patience can be a valuable skill as a truck driver. We wish you the best out there and thank you for choosing to be a part of such a noble industry. We hope to hear from you in the future and possibly get you back onboard at TransAm.
I really enjoyed being a CAA. It's fairly difficult at first if you have no experience working in transportation, but primarily, CAAs schedule appointments. Be ready to learn to use many different websites. Ultimately, it's a very repetitive position that pays very fairly. I'd still be there if I hadn't moved.
June 23, 2020
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience as an Customer Account Administrator at TransAm Trucking. The transportation industry can be extremely rewarding knowing how essential it is to our economy. Thank you for being a part of our industry and we wish you the best in the future.
When your driver manager give you a load and trusting you to get it to the destination. Then while making that delivery, another driver msnager take it away from you, give it to another driver, after your driver manager go home for the day! And being a company driver, your truck goes slower then a lease truck, which make it harder for companies drivers to make Money!!
Pros
Lease drivers make money!
Cons
Company are used and don't make money!!!
June 18, 2020
It's unfortunate that you didn’t have a positive experience with the company. Driver Managers do not plan loads. Load planning is performed by the Planning department and we utilize software to plan loads on available equipment in that specific region. If you would like to further discuss the details of your experience, we encourage you to contact us at transam@transamtruck.com.
I worked there for a year, and it was the most stressful time of my life, I only stayed on that long due to the fact that the sign on bonus is paid every in increments, so that they get you to stay longer. When I was there I did Texas regional, and they said you would be off between Friday at 17:00- Sunday at 17:00, which was the biggest lie. You rarely made it back on Friday period, and if you did you had to go back early on Sunday. And the pay for the amount of bs you have to deal with from anyone in the office is a joke. Although, since I left I do know that they started doing things differently four now they offer less time off with no set days off, so I assume things are now worse.
Pros
Off every week
Cons
Everything else
June 18, 2020
Thank you for leaving a review and we are sorry that you didn’t enjoy your tenure with the company. As you already know, the time off schedule in the Texas Regional position is a 34-hour reset each week and the days can vary. Considering our freight movements in the region, home time may not be the same consistent days week to week. We understand that this schedule may not work for everyone but many drivers do appreciate and enjoy the ability to go home weekly with the position being regional and not over-the-road. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and be safe.
I enjoyed working at Transam trucking, I made the type of money I wanted only when allowed by the company. Things I know now about leasing that I didn't know than is what sat me back. If I had a chance at going back to Transam trucking I know this time I will be a valuable employee at Transam trucking. Experience is the key at being successful, & family is the key at achieving.
June 18, 2020
Thank you for the 4-star review and we love the fact that you have learned lessons to being a successful business owner. Being self-employed does take dedication and self-sacrifices but can be extremely rewarding. We have no doubt that you are going to be successful in your future endeavors due to your positive and hard-working attitude. Be safe and if you are interested in returning to TransAm, please reach out to Recruiting at 913-324-7110.
only go here literally for experience they are a second chance company but don't think your going to make big bucks here at all 🤦🏾‍♂️ just go for the experience find a better company
June 18, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. As you stated, we do give people opportunity and we are an inclusive employer. We wish you the best of luck with your next job and you are always welcome to contact Recruiting at 913-324-7110 if you consider coming back. Be safe!
I did a 6 month lease. I was told by the Leasing Department (ONE Leasing) that I completed the lease in good standing with no violations or issues. I was told that many independent contractors like myself take time off before renewing their lease again. I could have renewed but I chose to take a few weeks off. ONE Leasing says I’m all good to lease again, however you have to go through Recruiting before starting up so they can file whatever paperwork they file on your behalf. This is not the first time TransAm has been disorganized with paperwork and non-communicative across departments. Recruiting has it in their head that I am now on a “no rehire” list. After several phone calls back and forth across Recruiting and Leasing, I am supposedly waiting for a call back from Recruiting currently. Last time I had to call Recruiting to find out they had me on a “no rehire” list. They did not return the call themselves. Apparently your job here is not stable no matter how much of a model worker you are all due to TransAm’s lack of organization with their filing. Again, this is not the first time in my experience as both a company driver and then an independent contractor with TransAm that they have messed up on filing (and ultimately admitted to it every time). Honestly I have no idea how this one is going to turn out. At least they say at other companies, you can get dumped for actually doing something wrong. But at TransAm, it can apparently happen to model workers over confused filing and lack of communication across departments.
Pros
Friendly laid back atmosphere
Cons
Laid back to the point of disorganized, which can ultimately affect whether you cease to exist under their file
June 18, 2020
Thank you for review. We are confused by your review because we want exemplary drivers to perform services for the company. We think there may be more to your situation than detailed in your review and we would like to speak to you personally. Please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com so we can research your specific situation and provide timely follow-up. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransAm Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
1.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight