TransAm Trucking Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work, period.something has to be enforce to short the drivers
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 3, 2018
Listening for what is not said is key,also watching what you sign.this is a business and it biggest rule is to make money.so your lack of knowledge or understanding is key for this business to make money.some staff are decent and friendly others will push the business agenda down your throat
Pros
Cons
Outside of a few friendly staff everything
Run for the Hills!
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS 66062September 20, 2018
Tried it for three months ...it was worst dispatchers in world!

the best way to describe it would be if Stevens Transport and CR England had a baby together, with Swift Transportation being the Grand Daddy ....that would be who TransAm would resemble in operations in my experiences.

Heaven Help you should your truck break down!
Pros
Blue Chip Customers, Equipment, Miles
Cons
Relays everyday, Every load always dispatched late, Angery customers mad at transam, Dispatchers are rude sjw type college kids
September 25, 2018

We're sorry to hear about your experience. At TransAm, we want to work with you to help you achieve your goals. For further discussion, please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com

Pay not so great
OTR Solo Driver (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IASeptember 17, 2018
Good job for a start up truck driver. If you are looking for something fresh out of school then this is for you. Pay not that great but everything else is good.
September 25, 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback. We do our very best effort to work with our drivers to help them achieve their goals. For further discussion, please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com.

Productive Continues Traveling
Over Road Trucker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 11, 2018
I had awesome time traveling! The hours seemed long because it was first time I
traveled driving solo. But overall; met wonderful people from different cultures and back- grounds !
September 25, 2018

Thank you for the kind words! We are happy to hear you have had a positive experience working for TransAm Trucking and appreciate your feedback.

I could have made more money at home changing brakes on the street.
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MDSeptember 7, 2018
I've been an over-the-road truck driver for TransAm for more than 3 months now I have not made enough money to even send money home to my wife or make a payment on a bill at home I only eat hot dogs I'm in a truck that The Sleeper Berth air condition is now messed up they won't fix it and have no intentions of fixing it I am now sitting in a a chocolate factory waiting to be unloaded and nobody has any idea of where I should be or what I should be doing I am a new driver they always send me messages that are not relevant to what I'm doing this is a sad company and I have nothing positive to say about this company the lease program or my driver manager who is a shrew.
Pros
Cons
All negative
September 10, 2018

We're sorry to hear about your experience, we at TransAm Trucking want to keep you moving so you can continue to make money. We want to work with you to help you achieve your goals. For further discussion, please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com.

Drvier
Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 29, 2018
This Job is Tuff. I hated being away from home so much. They Kept me out Two or three months out at a time. There was no Structer or commuitication with there Drivers.
August 30, 2018

At TransAm Trucking, we value truck drivers and the noble profession of truck driving. We are a long haul carrier in the temperature-controlled freight industry that serves the Midwest, Mid-South, Northeast, Southeast, and Florida. Long haul trucking is a lifestyle. We wish you the best with your trucking career.

Trucks are new with many amenities
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 28, 2018
Go into leasing. You will make more money. No west coast loads. Trucks have APU units with inverters. All Kenworth T680’s. Good support from your driver manager
August 29, 2018

TransAm Trucking focuses on making life over the road more livable. Our company drivers have access to great equipment including the Kenworth T680 equipped with the PACCAR MX engine which is fuel efficient, environmentally friendly and very quiet. At their option, Independent Contractors who wish to lease a tractor through ONE Leasing will have access to this same great equipment.

A very good company.
Full time Over- the- Road (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 28, 2018
My routes always vary every day and I am always working, I hardly get a 34 hour reset and there's a lot of supply and demand that needs to be hauled, my schedule varies from morning driving, to night driving, I manage around 2700 to 2900 miles per week. The company makes sure all equipment is running at the best state possible and they always are very kind and noble to there drivers.
Pros
Good Equipment, Great dispatch, very good routes
Cons
away from home for a month at a time.
August 29, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with TransAm Trucking. Trucking is a noble profession and we are thankful to you for choosing to contract your business with TransAm Trucking. Make it a safe day!

n/a
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 23, 2018
I would drive state to state and would go to warehouses and wait to be of loaded and loaded and drive to destination and back to terminal and that would be my work daily.
August 24, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. TransAm Trucking is a long haul carrier in the temperature-controlled freight industry. We serve the Midwest, Mid-South, Northeast, Southeast, and Florida. We wish you the best with your trucking career!

driving job
Truck Driver, Delivery Operator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 22, 2018
once you got use to the truck you drove it was easy to every place. it was an easy job to also go blank minded on so you had to figure something out to keep your mind from shutting down
August 23, 2018

We appreciate your input. At TransAm Trucking, it is our goal to have the safest operation possible, with the safety of our company drivers and independent contractors, and the public’s safety, as our main values. We stress the importance of performing all duties in accordance with TransAm Trucking’s policies and procedures, and complying with all Federal, State, and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle. We encourage company drivers and independent contractors who feel they cannot safely operate a commercial motor to contact their Driver Manager.

None to give
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 30, 2018
Not much to review of the company was over the road driver didn't deal with company personal much. The training was good, The company maintained equipment very well.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Not enough home time granted
July 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. TransAm Trucking is a long haul carrier in the temperature-controlled freight industry; long haul trucking is a lifestyle. We wish you the best!

great work
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 24, 2018
at the completion of my third lease, the company refused to pay me my bonuses. when i pressed the issue further, i stopped getting answers and no rteturn phone calls. after emailing the CEO, i was told that they followed the contract to their end.
Pros
great management
Cons
dishonest business practices
July 30, 2018

We appreciate the 5-Star review. We would like to address your specific concerns in more detail. For further discussion, please email us: transam@transamtruck.com.

Nice co-workers
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 10, 2018
the co-workers were very nice to work with. Human Resources department was also nice to work with. I enjoyed working there. I wish there was a better working condition during the heat.
Pros
good enviornment
Cons
sweatbox
July 11, 2018

We’re glad you had a positive experience with us and we wish you all the best in the future!

Not a good job.
OTR LEASE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 23, 2018
No layover pay. No driver lounge. No place to rest while ur truck is in their shop. They have lil filthy rooms at main terminal u could sleep in while u wait but that’s not an option. They lease u a truck tell u, u have control but u don’t.

0.84 cents per mile is garbage. They have to approve any maintenance u do to the truck ur leasing even if ur paying with ur maintenance account funds. You’d be lucky to take home .20 cents per mile after all expenses.

After 5 days of hometime u could be in the hole for bout 2 weeks. Once I stayed out 5 months straight!!!! Took home $2000. Took 8days off got back I was in the hole for about 3 weeks.

Luckily I didn’t have a family or any bills at home. If u have a family and real bills, run!!!!!
Pros
Automatic trucks
Cons
You’ll lose ur home working for these guys.
June 26, 2018

As an independent contractor, you have the freedom to control your own business. We are sorry that you feel like you did not have a positive experience while hauling loads for us. We would love the opportunity to discuss your response. We do our very best effort to work with our independent contractors to help them achieve their goals. For further discussion, please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com.

good company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 18, 2018
very good company to work is trams an good professional services. and more thank was good experience working with trams an. good opportunity to progress in the workplace to have a good salary.
Pros
good services
Cons
and good cutomer services
June 20, 2018

Thank you for the time you spent with TransAm Trucking. Truck drivers provide a valuable service and we appreciate you choosing to be part of this noble profession. We wish you the best with your future endeavors!

Productive and fast paced
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 15, 2018
TransAm was very fast paced and fun. A lot of relationships built with the employees but was a huge disconnect between management and employees. Work environment was very stressful.
June 18, 2018

Thank you for the time you spent at TransAm Trucking. Our office personnel are an integral part in ensuring our drivers’ success. We wish you the best in the future.

Horrible place to work unless you're just starting out.
Driver (Independent Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 7, 2018
All this company cares about is insurance purposes. They persuade you like being an owner operator is the best choice working for them, only to have you out on the road taking a loss. They are horrible on their response time. You are pretty much on your own as a driver.
Pros
Having a job as a beginner to the trucking industry
Cons
Pay, Management, Leases, etc
June 12, 2018

TransAm Trucking has driver opportunities for both company drivers and independent contractors. We leave it up to the individual to decide which opportunity works best for them. Communication is very important to us because it helps us understand what company drivers and independent contractors value in their trucking company. We would like to address your specific concerns in more detail. For further discussion, please email us: transam@transamtruck.com.

Great Company
Trucker Driver (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 7, 2018
Listen to everyone that complains about this company you know what your getting yourself into when you sign up to be a trucker lol you think every company is glamorous your funny haha either your gonna truck or not take it or leave it great place to get your foot in the door and start trucking so why is everyone complaining I use to drive for us express before trans am there a worst company best believe me so there fore be happy trans am isn’t bad🤟🏻🤟🏻
Pros
Great trucks
Cons
Home time
June 12, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. At TransAm Trucking, we value our company drivers and independent contractors, which is why we have programs like our sign-on bonus, retention bonus, and DIRECTV package. We strive to give back because truck driving is a noble profession and truck drivers are noble people. Thank you for choosing TransAm Trucking!

Do not lease or work here if you plan on living
Current driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 4, 2018
I started here not in debt now cant afford to pay my bills losing all that I worked hard to build been with Trans Am since April 17 th 2018 I am leasing a truck from them at present moment truck makes 3000.00 dollars plus a week but after truck lease payment and other deductions not including taxes my final settlement was 200.00 they have alot of charges every other company I have consulted said what am paying is insane so do not come here it is geared to profit them and not you , I read the bad reports but wanted to give them a chance to prove them wrong but unfortunately the reviews where correct you get miles some weeks but they love relays so you lose miles my pay has gone from 1200 one week to 500 next week to 200 the following week to 300 the next to 500 and I have been out for the whole month received 500 as a bonus for staying out had a 1200 mile run and it was given to another driver just to be given his 800 and some load so dont get comfortable with your loads they change them . I have have been a driver for 18 yrs just decided to work myself it was a good choice just bad company I have not refused loads , have been late due to problems with their trailers so unless you are lucky to have no bills no home and no responsibilities this is the company for you other wise find a company that values your Honorable service and you on a good note you if lucky can lease a new truck but dont think you can take it to another company of your choice you alot of hoops to go through to do so . on that note never stop trying to better yourself because they dont offer Vaseline have  more... a blessed day .  less
Pros
You have no money to live on
Cons
Hey you get a new truck enjoy
June 6, 2018

Independent contractors have the freedom to control their own business, and at TransAm Trucking, we want your business to succeed. Communication is important to a successful partnership. It allows TransAm Trucking’s office personnel to work with our independent contractors to help them achieve their goals. We would like to address your specific concerns in more detail. For further discussion, please email us: transam@transamtruck.com.

ok
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 2, 2018
there isn't too much to say, but I enjoy being the owner of a business, as I have been for many years. The best thing about it is the freedom you have to work your own hours.
June 4, 2018

Thank you for your time in the trucking industry. We appreciate getting feedback from our independent contractors! Make it a safe day!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransAm Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

3.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight