TransAm Trucking Employee Reviews

Worst job I’ve ever had. Don’t lease
Over-the-Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 20, 2019
They push and push and push the lease trucking. Which the driver takes all the risk and the company makes out like a bandit cause you’re paying for the maintenance and fuel and everything else. Google the man they almost let freeze to death and than fired.
February 21, 2019

We are sorry that you did not have a positive experience. As you know, it’s a choice to go into business for yourself as an independent contractor. We have dedicated and regional positions that are only available to our company drivers. Additionally, we have long-haul company driver positions. If you are interested in a company driver position – please reach out to Recruiting at 913-324-7110 to further discuss these job opportunities. We wish you all the best in your career!

Stressful
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXFebruary 14, 2019
Stressful poor communication

Difficulty in requesting home time

Designated days off no options

Equipment nice

Service shop employees very helpful
Pros
No e
Cons
Communication
February 15, 2019

Hello. Thank you for your feedback. At TransAm Trucking, we try to have the best communication with drivers and be as transparent as possible. We wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors!

Transcam
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 13, 2019
The worst truck driving, company I've ever work for. The funny thing is they don't even own there own truck. We I was leasing with them they only had 1,200 truck in there fleet. Everyone else are owner operator, or lease operator.
Pros
They'll give you the miles.
Cons
You will not survive on the little pay that you get if you have family.
February 14, 2019

Hello. Thank you for sharing your feedback. At TransAm Trucking, we believe truck driving is a noble profession and drivers are noble people. We do have several positions, one being owner operators. However, we also have company drivers, which include regional, dedicated and long-haul positions. We know our drivers work very hard and we do everything we can to help them succeed. Thank you!

Worse company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 2, 2019
If you like to be pushed around and bullied then this is the company for you. When you go and defend yourself for the none sense they're putting you through they put the blame on you and end up giving you stories. They had me picking up empties and dropping them 88 miles back and forth only getting paid by the mile. Told me I would had gotten 500 but my "excessive on duty time" hindered me. DM likes to pretend they know our job when all they are is behind a desk.
Pros
Cons
Forced dispatch, forced everything
February 4, 2019

Hello! Thank you for the feedback. At TransAm Trucking, we do everything we can to help our drivers succeed. We are sorry that you had a negative experience. Please feel free to email us at transam@transamtruck.com with any other feedback.

Temporary Job
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJanuary 22, 2019
Good place to learn, not a company to build a career in. They give no raises at all. after a year working there you get 0.30 to .050 cent raise for cost of living.
Pros
easy work, slow paced.
Cons
not a career
January 24, 2019

Hello! Thank you for the feedback. We are sorry that you did not feel like you could build a career at TransAm. Our shop team is a critical component to the success of our organization and that’s why we reward their hard work and dedication by providing weekly incentive pay based on their percentage of productive time and work efficiency. We wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors!

lots of work
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  KansasJanuary 10, 2019
plenty of work. decent pay. good benefits. decent leasing program good equipment. really great training. paid lunches and lodging they transport u to and from facility
Pros
keep you moving
Cons
night dispatch is a joke
January 11, 2019

Hello! Thank you for the review. At TransAm Trucking, we believe trucking is a noble profession and truck drivers are noble people. We try our best to train and provide all the tools and training to help our drivers succeed. Thank you again and have a good day!

Less fun
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJanuary 9, 2019
The Company was nice to work for, but received limited miles,so that equals less pay.
But if you just want to explore different places, it would be okay for you.
January 11, 2019

Hello! Thank you for the review. TransAm Trucking does everything it can to help all drivers succeed. We are focused on safety, our noble purpose and success of our drivers. We hope you enjoyed your time at TransAm!

TransAm was a great place to get started and learn OTR. They provide great equipment and they always have plenty of work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Olatha, KSJanuary 7, 2019
Great people to work with, great equipment, lots of loads.
Money could be much better, but TA is known as a starter company. Only wanted to work there 1 year then find something that pays better and keeps me closer to home.
Pros
great equipment lots of loads
Cons
low pay
January 8, 2019

Hello! Thank you for the review and the feedback. Transam Trucking is always looking to improve. We believe trucking is a noble profession and drivers are noble people. Thanks for being part of the Transam team. Good luck in your future endeavors!

Stressful at times
Contractor and mentor (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 17, 2018
I am a current lease driver and I do pretty good. It all depends on your dedication and ability to deny the loads that will affect you negatively. Time and fuel is how you profit and miles is what you get paid for. I am planning on quitting soon unless they offer me a job on the yard of course with good pay and home everyday haha
Pros
Contractors deny load I have never been to NYC
Cons
Contractors lose money of truck breakdown
December 18, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. At TransAm Trucking, we do everything we can to help our drivers succeed. We believe driving is a noble profession and we look forward to a long-lasting relationship with you. Thank you again!

Hmm
OTR COMMERCIAL TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 3, 2018
This is a great company to get started with if you are wanting to work in the trucking industry. Good pay and good miles. The DM's are great. Although if you have a family and life, this isn't for you.
December 4, 2018

Thank you for the review! We are glad you had a positive experience and appreciate your feedback.

Do not work for this company!!
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 1, 2018
I was lease purchase for TransAm 3 months and in that length of time I only bought home just over $600 which is d*mn sure is nothing to live on my paycheck was always in the negative every week
December 3, 2018

We do everything we can to help our drivers be successful and reach their goals. We are sorry you had a negative experience with TransAm. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Horrible cut throat company
Company driver (Former Employee) –  East of I35November 13, 2018
I came to trans am right out of cdl school they try and push you to lease the truck in there orientation ( I went as ah company driver) made like 3-400 ah week my largest check in 4 months working for them was 800. They send you to the northeast every chance they get (new Jersey, bronx NY,Connecticut, Boston) all bad places to drive ah truck they relay 75 percent of your loads off your dispatch is clueless and they blam everything on planners and they have drive cameras that face you and there force dispatch all in all this was the worst job I ever had stayed with them for 4 months got just enuff experience so I could go work for ah better company (knight transportation) and making on average 8-900 ah week no force dispatch home every other week , my advice if you dnt have ah record or bad mvr go to ah different company TRANS Am is ah scam company
Pros
Nice trucks
Cons
Pay and the way they treat you
November 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. At TransAm we believe trucking is a noble profession and we try to help all drivers be successful and reach their goals. We are sorry you had a negative experience with TransAm. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Descent company,fun nice people careing
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockford,txNovember 5, 2018
Wonderful people nice environment,good attitudes wonderful personalitys helping very sociable the company alone is amazing the staff make sure their drivers are situated and know what's going on at all times with in the company
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No conments

Great
Office Manager/Transporter (Former Employee) –  AtlantaOctober 29, 2018
Great company to work for. They had paid vacations and they also had great incentives for their employees. The training was paid. The pay was also excellent. The only down was they keep you on the road
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
November 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy you had a positive experience with TransAm.

Not even worth getting in a truck talk is cheap,
Professional Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 28, 2018
Giving a driver all the perks to get them in the door/ seat is nothing but deception. Shame on them That is the real reason they have such a Very High Turnover Rate.
Pros
Deception
Cons
Once you sit in t he seat.
November 7, 2018

We would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns in detail. Please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com.

Will leave you stranded
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXOctober 28, 2018
So off the bat I knew there was trouble they gave me a bus ticket down there what they gave me the bus station wouldn’t accept they told me there knew there was a fifty fifty chance they would let me on the bus once I finally got down there I figured out the recruiter lied about rider policy after orientation I was garrented to be on a truck by Friday as they want you on the road ASAP which was part of why I went down there was i needed to my money one guy had a load waiting for him with no truck I got stranded at a hotel with very little food no money and they were uncertain when I could get on the road they pay bottom dollar to drivers and try to find a way to deduct pay from you there is zero communication between management and driver dispatchers I tried to call my dispatch and was on hold so long each time the call just drops after an hour and 15 minutes numerous times and after all that I waited 4 days to get assigned a truck and they left me stranded overall bad company they do not care about there drivers they proved that to me in every possible way
Pros
New trucks thanks to failing lease operators
Cons
Communication lack of helping there drivers be successful
November 7, 2018

We are sorry you had a bad experience. We think trucking is a noble profession and try to put our drivers first. For further discussion, please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com.

The much for Lease.
Semi Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 25, 2018
I wanted to be a owner operator and my truck was 2650per month and I had to pay for my fuel and maintenance so at the end of the week I would get about 500 to 700 per week
Pros
New nice truck
Cons
Cost to much
November 8, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. At TransAm, we try to help our drivers out as much as possible and help them reach their goals. Good luck in all your future endeavors!

Future Lease drivers use caution
Lease Driver (Current Employee) –  MidWestOctober 19, 2018
So the trucks here at TransAm are good. However the down side is as a lease driver your break even mark is 1900 miles a week and by that you might see 20.00 a week. You can do the math at say 2300 miles. My average week miles 2100. They say they are not forced dispatched for ICs however if you refuse a load expect a call from your driver manager giving a guilt trip which I am sure is what they are told to do by their boss. Secondly planners will force dispatch you and you have no say so when that takes place. Lastly they say the fuel surcharge is .119 each week, however if you do your research you will see it is around .34 for refer. Here it is week number 11 that I have been with the company 2 weeks ago switched to a company driver and still have not seen a paycheck. Mind you I was indebt as a lease driver however the recruiter told me if I moved to company all debt would be wiped clean with one leasing.

Now as a company driver you start at .34 cents no matter how much experience you have and let me just say I made .34 cents back in 2000 and here it is October 2018. As a company driver you have no say in anything you have to follow their route, their fuel routes to the letter.

Bottom line it is week number 12 that I have been employed and have not seen a paycheck in 9 weeks
Pros
There are none
Cons
No more direct tv
November 7, 2018

We are sorry you have had a negative experience. At TransAm, we want our drivers to be valued and we think driving is a noble profession. For further discussion, please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com.

Not a good place to work, period.something has to be enforce to short the drivers
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 3, 2018
Listening for what is not said is key,also watching what you sign.this is a business and it biggest rule is to make money.so your lack of knowledge or understanding is key for this business to make money.some staff are decent and friendly others will push the business agenda down your throat
Pros
Cons
Outside of a few friendly staff everything
November 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry if you had a bad experience. At TransAm, we value truck driving as a noble profession and we want our drivers to reach their goals. We wish you the best of luck in the future.

Average starter trucking company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 26, 2018
Trans AM is a basic start out company for people getting into the industry. They pay a fair rate compared to other starter companies and have nice trucks perks like a TV with satellite, inverter in the cab, generator to heat the cab in winter and cool t in summer without running the truck.
November 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. We do our best to make our drivers comfortable and help them reach their goals. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransAm Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight