TransAm Trucking Employee Reviews

Fantastic business with impressive service and attitudes
Employee (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 10, 2018
This is a great company that offers many benefits to both office, shop, and driver employees. I would definitely recommend TransAm to anyone whether that be for business or careers.
May 14, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate you being a part of the TransAm Trucking family!

Over the road truck driving
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS 66062May 2, 2018
Transport freight over the road, Check BOL paperwork to verify load, responsible for fueling, trip planning, faxing BOL and all receipts in, Pre-trip, Post-trip, managed hours of service, DOT safety regulations, knowledge of the FMCSA regulations
Pros
Big company
Cons
Poor home time
May 4, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. TransAm Trucking is an over-the-road carrier in the temperature-controlled freight industry. We serve the the Midwest, Mid-South, Northeast, Southeast, and Florida. Long haul trucking is a lifestyle and it’s up to the driver to determine if that lifestyle works for them. We wish you the best in your trucking career!

bad
Profecional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 23, 2018
bad place to lease a truck not enough miles to much for the lease and you loose a lot of time waiting for their cargo not worth it I ended broke most of the time
April 24, 2018

Planning freight in the trucking industry is like playing chess. Shippers, receivers, and drivers all operate on different schedules and it can be difficult to get them to align. At TransAm Trucking, we want to work with our company drivers and independent contractors to help keep them moving so they can make money. Communication is very valuable in the trucking industry and we rely on our company drivers and independent contractors to relay us information so we can help them achieve their goals.

Excellent People
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 17, 2018
Very relaxed and friendly environment. Great management and HR staff! They strive to grow the entire company and encourage the staff to share and promote within that growth.
Pros
hours, pay, benefits
Cons
n/a
April 19, 2018

Thank you for the positive review! At TransAm Trucking, we value our team members and work hard to create an environment to help the succeed. Thank you for being a part of our mission!

Non-Driver position
Office (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 17, 2018
I would have to say that starting recently with TransAm has been wonderful. I was trained properly before starting tasks independently. TransAm worked with me on my schedule and allowed me to work different hours then part of my team, My team is truly supportive of one another and wants everyone to exceed any expectations. It truly doesn't feel like I work 8 hours a day because there is always something to do but it isn't overwhelming and youre allowed to take things at your own pace. I would recommend TransAm purely for the supportive team they have here, but the pay is nice too.
Pros
Team environment, supportive Manager
Cons
If i had to name one - Wish I could work through my lunch and get off even earlier
April 18, 2018

Thank you for the positive review! Cooperation is a major part of the trucking industry. We all work together to keep the TransAm Trucking fleets moving. We appreciate you being a part of our team!

Freight company
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 14, 2018
Demanding work place with no balance between work and personal life, no compassion for the driver or office staff, unreal expectations of the driver and micro management style
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no compassion
April 17, 2018

Thank you for voicing your concerns. TransAm Trucking’s mission is to further the noble purpose of truck driving. We strive to deliver the best driver and employee experience through our core values of empowerment, innovation, and consistency. We have many career opportunities for individuals who have the initiative and talent to succeed in a fast-paced, teamwork-driven company. We wish you luck!

Lease Purchase Program
Driver (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 30, 2018
I have never worked at Transam Trucking. However, I was checking out reviews and will not be attempting to lease. The most notable thing is the number of bad reviews, AND. There were NO positive reviews. NOT EVEN ONE. Not even ONE person got on here and said "Hey I worked really hard and I am doing great out here guys!!!"That's just sad. I hope this company stops fleecing drivers.
April 3, 2018

As you know, people are more likely to post a bad review than individuals who had a great experience are to post a positive review. We encourage you to check out our blog page - https://www.transamtruck.com/blog/. We highlight both company drivers and independent contractors and share their advice to others in the trucking industry. Thank you and make it a safe day!

Fair
Driver (Current Employee) –  KSMarch 29, 2018
Trans am is a company that stands behind their drivers so many people talk bad about them it is sickening sitting in parking lots is part of the job if you want to be with family dont take this job they've been nothing but fair with me i love trans am
April 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Long haul trucking is a lifestyle and we appreciate having you on our fleet! Make it a safe day!

It sucks at TransAm
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 21, 2018
There dispatch forces loads on you even though an independent contractor no matter how many times you decline the loan they don’t have any good trainers mine just used me as a team member not as a student
Pros
Cons
Alot
March 23, 2018

We’re sorry you feel TransAm Trucking didn’t live up to your expectations. TransAm’s independent contractors have the final say in whether they choose to run a load. TransAm’s Driver Managers can assist with any issue but it’s up to the independent contractor to make decisions that he or she thinks is right for their business. TransAm’s mentors are chosen through a 3-step process – application, phone interview, and face-to-face training classes. The Manager of the Mentor/Mentee program is on staff to work with both the mentor and mentee to make sure it’s a positive experience for everyone. We wish you luck with the rest of your trucking career.

Talked into a lease
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 20, 2018
Obtained my cdl, jumped in as seat a.S.A.P. Drove avg. 500/600 Miles daily. Throughout most of u.S. Leasing a truck with no experience , shall soon find yourself in a majo r scrammble. If you are married / have kids, very little home time for many lease operators. Time is money , you signed a lease agreement to pay at least avg. $585.00 A week, plus all extras, do your homework first. Before getting your cdl. Start as a company driver / at least 1 year.
Pros
Backup plan $ $15.00 a day advance
March 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Long haul trucking is a lifestyle and it’s up to the driver to determine if being over-the-road works for themselves and their family. We wish you the best of luck in your trucking career!

Great Place to start!
Drivee (Former Employee) –  RockwallMarch 12, 2018
I worked here for 2yrs, Transam is not a bad place to drive for as a new driver. All trucking company's have problems but this place will work with you. They are hard on you driving, it's because they want you to be safe on the road. I enjoyed my time here.
Pros
Trucks are nice. Cable Tv
Cons
Drivecam
March 14, 2018

Thank you for the review! We appreciate receiving feedback from company drivers and independent contractors. We wish you luck as you advance your career!

It was pretty cool.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 1, 2018
Great starter job. I would recommend going to gain experience. The dispatchers are pretty. Everyone is going to get you to do owner operator, but the choice is yours.
March 2, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. At TransAm Trucking, we value truck drivers and the noble profession of truck driving. We appreciate receiving feedback from our drivers. Thank you!

Engaging and Exciting
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 1, 2018
I was hired in January and have been here for just little over a month and have learned a lot about the trucking industry and the culture. I come form the car business and automotive software sales and have thrived in cut throat environments. TransAm is not at all like this, very relaxed, casual dress code. However like any other place of work you have to work and perform of coarse, it is a job after all.
March 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5-Star review. We appreciate having you and your positive energy on the team!

It’s a good starting Company
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 28, 2018
It’s a good starting company but if you have a family it’s a hard to be long gone my reason to look for another job hopefully something close to home
March 1, 2018

We’re glad TransAm Trucking was able to get you started in the trucking industry. We wish you luck in the future!

Rip offs
Driver (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 26, 2018
They’ll find ways to keep your settlements momey.
It’s hard to get in contact with a driver manager
The pay is horrible.
Everything is a lie
Go if you wanna go work hard and lose money.
Pros
Cons
Lies about everything
March 1, 2018

We’re sorry to hear you think we weren’t 100% honest with you. As an independent contractor, you have the freedom to control your own business. TransAm Trucking wants to work with our independent contractors to help them achieve their goals. If you would like to further discuss your situation, please email us: transam@transamtruck.com.

Stay Away
Former driver (Former Employee) –  NCFebruary 24, 2018
Stay Away. Horrible company. They tell you all this stuff in orientation and then don't live up to it if you know what you are doing then this isn't the place for you. They don't want anyone with any knowledge driving. Why? Becaise you question the ways of the DM. Also, cameras don't bother me. But beware of transAm. And don't think about braking when a car pulls out in front of you. They flag you and then call you wanting to know why you braked. Makes you feel like they would rather you run them over instead.
Miles start good and then dwindle after the 1st 2-3 checks. Per W2 all moles are taxable. They get their money back in the end.
Pros
Tv and nice accommodations in truck
Cons
Management, Dm, unprofessional
March 1, 2018

Thank you for voicing your concerns. The goal of our DriveCam program is to prevent collisions and any related potential injuries to TransAm drivers and other people. If you would like to address your specific concerns in more detail, please email us: transam@transamtruck.com.

yard driver
Yard shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 17, 2018
was contracted to tyson foods as a yard driver. drivers that had been with trans am for any length of time were ok to work with. they have good tractors most are new or just a couple years old all as far as I know are automatic drive. hardest part of my job was trying to help new drivers get hooked up to trailers or getting refer unit set at the right temp.
Pros
working at tyson
February 19, 2018

We appreciate your review, but it appears this comment has been placed on the incorrect page. This page belongs to TransAm Trucking, Inc., not Tyson. If you need additional clarification, please call us: 913-782-5300. Email: transam@transamtruck.com.

Bad place...All around
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXFebruary 16, 2018
This is really called transcam for a reason.....Horrible place....Run and don't look back...Dead serious....If you don't want to make money and don't want to go home....Come to them....
Pros
Cons
Everything is bad at transcam
February 19, 2018

We’re sorry to hear that TransAm Trucking was not a good fit for you. TransAm Trucking is an long haul carrier in the temperature-controlled freight industry. Long haul trucking is a lifestyle. We wish you luck with your future endeavors!

Ok place
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXFebruary 8, 2018
The job is what u make it. It you put in the work then you will succeed. Meaning if you put in half the effort then that's what u will get. But if you work hard then u will get that.
February 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Working with our company drivers and independent contractors to help them achieve their goals is important to us. Listening to our company drivers and independent contractors helps us make TransAm Trucking a better trucking company. If you have any suggestions on how to improve, please contact your Driver Manager or email us at transam@transamtruck.com. Thank you and make it a safe day!

Aweful
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 1, 2018
Now here is a company that doesn't give you miles and the pay if really very bad. The only thing they got going for them are the trucks which they are great
February 5, 2018

We are disappointed to learn about your negative experience. As an over-the-road company, we want to help keep our company drivers and independent contractors moving so they can succeed. We’re sorry you felt like this wasn’t the case for you. If you would like us to address your specific concerns, please email us: transam@transamtruck.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransAm Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.6

2.6Personal Development

1.2Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight