TransAm Trucking Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
great work
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 24, 2018
at the completion of my third lease, the company refused to pay me my bonuses. when i pressed the issue further, i stopped getting answers and no rteturn phone calls. after emailing the CEO, i was told that they followed the contract to their end.
Pros
great management
Cons
dishonest business practices
July 30, 2018

We appreciate the 5-Star review. We would like to address your specific concerns in more detail. For further discussion, please email us: transam@transamtruck.com.

Nice co-workers
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 10, 2018
the co-workers were very nice to work with. Human Resources department was also nice to work with. I enjoyed working there. I wish there was a better working condition during the heat.
Pros
good enviornment
Cons
sweatbox
July 11, 2018

We’re glad you had a positive experience with us and we wish you all the best in the future!

Not a good job.
OTR LEASE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 23, 2018
No layover pay. No driver lounge. No place to rest while ur truck is in their shop. They have lil filthy rooms at main terminal u could sleep in while u wait but that’s not an option. They lease u a truck tell u, u have control but u don’t.

0.84 cents per mile is garbage. They have to approve any maintenance u do to the truck ur leasing even if ur paying with ur maintenance account funds. You’d be lucky to take home .20 cents per mile after all expenses.

After 5 days of hometime u could be in the hole for bout 2 weeks. Once I stayed out 5 months straight!!!! Took home $2000. Took 8days off got back I was in the hole for about 3 weeks.

Luckily I didn’t have a family or any bills at home. If u have a family and real bills, run!!!!!
Pros
Automatic trucks
Cons
You’ll lose ur home working for these guys.
June 26, 2018

As an independent contractor, you have the freedom to control your own business. We are sorry that you feel like you did not have a positive experience while hauling loads for us. We would love the opportunity to discuss your response. We do our very best effort to work with our independent contractors to help them achieve their goals. For further discussion, please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com.

good company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 18, 2018
very good company to work is trams an good professional services. and more thank was good experience working with trams an. good opportunity to progress in the workplace to have a good salary.
Pros
good services
Cons
and good cutomer services
June 20, 2018

Thank you for the time you spent with TransAm Trucking. Truck drivers provide a valuable service and we appreciate you choosing to be part of this noble profession. We wish you the best with your future endeavors!

Productive and fast paced
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 15, 2018
TransAm was very fast paced and fun. A lot of relationships built with the employees but was a huge disconnect between management and employees. Work environment was very stressful.
June 18, 2018

Thank you for the time you spent at TransAm Trucking. Our office personnel are an integral part in ensuring our drivers’ success. We wish you the best in the future.

Horrible place to work unless you're just starting out.
Driver (Independent Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 7, 2018
All this company cares about is insurance purposes. They persuade you like being an owner operator is the best choice working for them, only to have you out on the road taking a loss. They are horrible on their response time. You are pretty much on your own as a driver.
Pros
Having a job as a beginner to the trucking industry
Cons
Pay, Management, Leases, etc
June 12, 2018

TransAm Trucking has driver opportunities for both company drivers and independent contractors. We leave it up to the individual to decide which opportunity works best for them. Communication is very important to us because it helps us understand what company drivers and independent contractors value in their trucking company. We would like to address your specific concerns in more detail. For further discussion, please email us: transam@transamtruck.com.

Great Company
Trucker Driver (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 7, 2018
Listen to everyone that complains about this company you know what your getting yourself into when you sign up to be a trucker lol you think every company is glamorous your funny haha either your gonna truck or not take it or leave it great place to get your foot in the door and start trucking so why is everyone complaining I use to drive for us express before trans am there a worst company best believe me so there fore be happy trans am isn’t bad🤟🏻🤟🏻
Pros
Great trucks
Cons
Home time
June 12, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. At TransAm Trucking, we value our company drivers and independent contractors, which is why we have programs like our sign-on bonus, retention bonus, and DIRECTV package. We strive to give back because truck driving is a noble profession and truck drivers are noble people. Thank you for choosing TransAm Trucking!

Do not lease or work here if you plan on living
Current driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 4, 2018
I started here not in debt now cant afford to pay my bills losing all that I worked hard to build been with Trans Am since April 17 th 2018 I am leasing a truck from them at present moment truck makes 3000.00 dollars plus a week but after truck lease payment and other deductions not including taxes my final settlement was 200.00 they have alot of charges every other company I have consulted said what am paying is insane so do not come here it is geared to profit them and not you , I read the bad reports but wanted to give them a chance to prove them wrong but unfortunately the reviews where correct you get miles some weeks but they love relays so you lose miles my pay has gone from 1200 one week to 500 next week to 200 the following week to 300 the next to 500 and I have been out for the whole month received 500 as a bonus for staying out had a 1200 mile run and it was given to another driver just to be given his 800 and some load so dont get comfortable with your loads they change them . I have have been a driver for 18 yrs just decided to work myself it was a good choice just bad company I have not refused loads , have been late due to problems with their trailers so unless you are lucky to have no bills no home and no responsibilities this is the company for you other wise find a company that values your Honorable service and you on a good note you if lucky can lease a new truck but dont think you can take it to another company of your choice you alot of hoops to go through to do so . on that note never stop trying to better yourself because they dont offer Vaseline have  more... a blessed day .  less
Pros
You have no money to live on
Cons
Hey you get a new truck enjoy
June 6, 2018

Independent contractors have the freedom to control their own business, and at TransAm Trucking, we want your business to succeed. Communication is important to a successful partnership. It allows TransAm Trucking’s office personnel to work with our independent contractors to help them achieve their goals. We would like to address your specific concerns in more detail. For further discussion, please email us: transam@transamtruck.com.

ok
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 2, 2018
there isn't too much to say, but I enjoy being the owner of a business, as I have been for many years. The best thing about it is the freedom you have to work your own hours.
June 4, 2018

Thank you for your time in the trucking industry. We appreciate getting feedback from our independent contractors! Make it a safe day!

Not satisfied
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 24, 2018
My short career as an owner operator was cut short because of mechanical issues with leased truck. Bottom line as an owner of a truck is, if the truck aint moving, you wont make money!!!!!
Pros
Being my own boss
Cons
Poor equipment
May 29, 2018

Our goal at TransAm Trucking is to work with our independent contractors and company drivers to help them achieve their goals. We would like to address your specific concerns in more detail. For further discussion, please email us: transam@transamtruck.com.

Fantastic business with impressive service and attitudes
Employee (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 10, 2018
This is a great company that offers many benefits to both office, shop, and driver employees. I would definitely recommend TransAm to anyone whether that be for business or careers.
May 14, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate you being a part of the TransAm Trucking family!

Over the road truck driving
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS 66062May 2, 2018
Transport freight over the road, Check BOL paperwork to verify load, responsible for fueling, trip planning, faxing BOL and all receipts in, Pre-trip, Post-trip, managed hours of service, DOT safety regulations, knowledge of the FMCSA regulations
Pros
Big company
Cons
Poor home time
May 4, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. TransAm Trucking is an over-the-road carrier in the temperature-controlled freight industry. We serve the the Midwest, Mid-South, Northeast, Southeast, and Florida. Long haul trucking is a lifestyle and it’s up to the driver to determine if that lifestyle works for them. We wish you the best in your trucking career!

bad
Profecional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 23, 2018
bad place to lease a truck not enough miles to much for the lease and you loose a lot of time waiting for their cargo not worth it I ended broke most of the time
April 24, 2018

Planning freight in the trucking industry is like playing chess. Shippers, receivers, and drivers all operate on different schedules and it can be difficult to get them to align. At TransAm Trucking, we want to work with our company drivers and independent contractors to help keep them moving so they can make money. Communication is very valuable in the trucking industry and we rely on our company drivers and independent contractors to relay us information so we can help them achieve their goals.

Excellent People
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 17, 2018
Very relaxed and friendly environment. Great management and HR staff! They strive to grow the entire company and encourage the staff to share and promote within that growth.
Pros
hours, pay, benefits
Cons
n/a
April 19, 2018

Thank you for the positive review! At TransAm Trucking, we value our team members and work hard to create an environment to help the succeed. Thank you for being a part of our mission!

Non-Driver position
Office (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 17, 2018
I would have to say that starting recently with TransAm has been wonderful. I was trained properly before starting tasks independently. TransAm worked with me on my schedule and allowed me to work different hours then part of my team, My team is truly supportive of one another and wants everyone to exceed any expectations. It truly doesn't feel like I work 8 hours a day because there is always something to do but it isn't overwhelming and youre allowed to take things at your own pace. I would recommend TransAm purely for the supportive team they have here, but the pay is nice too.
Pros
Team environment, supportive Manager
Cons
If i had to name one - Wish I could work through my lunch and get off even earlier
April 18, 2018

Thank you for the positive review! Cooperation is a major part of the trucking industry. We all work together to keep the TransAm Trucking fleets moving. We appreciate you being a part of our team!

Freight company
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 14, 2018
Demanding work place with no balance between work and personal life, no compassion for the driver or office staff, unreal expectations of the driver and micro management style
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no compassion
April 17, 2018

Thank you for voicing your concerns. TransAm Trucking’s mission is to further the noble purpose of truck driving. We strive to deliver the best driver and employee experience through our core values of empowerment, innovation, and consistency. We have many career opportunities for individuals who have the initiative and talent to succeed in a fast-paced, teamwork-driven company. We wish you luck!

Lease Purchase Program
Driver (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 30, 2018
I have never worked at Transam Trucking. However, I was checking out reviews and will not be attempting to lease. The most notable thing is the number of bad reviews, AND. There were NO positive reviews. NOT EVEN ONE. Not even ONE person got on here and said "Hey I worked really hard and I am doing great out here guys!!!"That's just sad. I hope this company stops fleecing drivers.
April 3, 2018

As you know, people are more likely to post a bad review than individuals who had a great experience are to post a positive review. We encourage you to check out our blog page - https://www.transamtruck.com/blog/. We highlight both company drivers and independent contractors and share their advice to others in the trucking industry. Thank you and make it a safe day!

Fair
Driver (Current Employee) –  KSMarch 29, 2018
Trans am is a company that stands behind their drivers so many people talk bad about them it is sickening sitting in parking lots is part of the job if you want to be with family dont take this job they've been nothing but fair with me i love trans am
April 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Long haul trucking is a lifestyle and we appreciate having you on our fleet! Make it a safe day!

It sucks at TransAm
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 21, 2018
There dispatch forces loads on you even though an independent contractor no matter how many times you decline the loan they don’t have any good trainers mine just used me as a team member not as a student
Pros
Cons
Alot
March 23, 2018

We’re sorry you feel TransAm Trucking didn’t live up to your expectations. TransAm’s independent contractors have the final say in whether they choose to run a load. TransAm’s Driver Managers can assist with any issue but it’s up to the independent contractor to make decisions that he or she thinks is right for their business. TransAm’s mentors are chosen through a 3-step process – application, phone interview, and face-to-face training classes. The Manager of the Mentor/Mentee program is on staff to work with both the mentor and mentee to make sure it’s a positive experience for everyone. We wish you luck with the rest of your trucking career.

Talked into a lease
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 20, 2018
Obtained my cdl, jumped in as seat a.S.A.P. Drove avg. 500/600 Miles daily. Throughout most of u.S. Leasing a truck with no experience , shall soon find yourself in a majo r scrammble. If you are married / have kids, very little home time for many lease operators. Time is money , you signed a lease agreement to pay at least avg. $585.00 A week, plus all extras, do your homework first. Before getting your cdl. Start as a company driver / at least 1 year.
Pros
Backup plan $ $15.00 a day advance
March 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Long haul trucking is a lifestyle and it’s up to the driver to determine if being over-the-road works for themselves and their family. We wish you the best of luck in your trucking career!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransAm Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight