TransAm Trucking Employee Reviews

Hmm
OTR COMMERCIAL TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 3, 2018
This is a great company to get started with if you are wanting to work in the trucking industry. Good pay and good miles. The DM's are great. Although if you have a family and life, this isn't for you.
December 4, 2018

Thank you for the review! We are glad you had a positive experience and appreciate your feedback.

Do not work for this company!!
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 1, 2018
I was lease purchase for TransAm 3 months and in that length of time I only bought home just over $600 which is d*mn sure is nothing to live on my paycheck was always in the negative every week
December 3, 2018

We do everything we can to help our drivers be successful and reach their goals. We are sorry you had a negative experience with TransAm. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Horrible cut throat company
Company driver (Former Employee) –  East of I35November 13, 2018
I came to trans am right out of cdl school they try and push you to lease the truck in there orientation ( I went as ah company driver) made like 3-400 ah week my largest check in 4 months working for them was 800. They send you to the northeast every chance they get (new Jersey, bronx NY,Connecticut, Boston) all bad places to drive ah truck they relay 75 percent of your loads off your dispatch is clueless and they blam everything on planners and they have drive cameras that face you and there force dispatch all in all this was the worst job I ever had stayed with them for 4 months got just enuff experience so I could go work for ah better company (knight transportation) and making on average 8-900 ah week no force dispatch home every other week , my advice if you dnt have ah record or bad mvr go to ah different company TRANS Am is ah scam company
Pros
Nice trucks
Cons
Pay and the way they treat you
November 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. At TransAm we believe trucking is a noble profession and we try to help all drivers be successful and reach their goals. We are sorry you had a negative experience with TransAm. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Descent company,fun nice people careing
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockford,txNovember 5, 2018
Wonderful people nice environment,good attitudes wonderful personalitys helping very sociable the company alone is amazing the staff make sure their drivers are situated and know what's going on at all times with in the company
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No conments

Great
Office Manager/Transporter (Former Employee) –  AtlantaOctober 29, 2018
Great company to work for. They had paid vacations and they also had great incentives for their employees. The training was paid. The pay was also excellent. The only down was they keep you on the road
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
November 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy you had a positive experience with TransAm.

Not even worth getting in a truck talk is cheap,
Professional Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 28, 2018
Giving a driver all the perks to get them in the door/ seat is nothing but deception. Shame on them That is the real reason they have such a Very High Turnover Rate.
Pros
Deception
Cons
Once you sit in t he seat.
November 7, 2018

We would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns in detail. Please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com.

Will leave you stranded
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXOctober 28, 2018
So off the bat I knew there was trouble they gave me a bus ticket down there what they gave me the bus station wouldn’t accept they told me there knew there was a fifty fifty chance they would let me on the bus once I finally got down there I figured out the recruiter lied about rider policy after orientation I was garrented to be on a truck by Friday as they want you on the road ASAP which was part of why I went down there was i needed to my money one guy had a load waiting for him with no truck I got stranded at a hotel with very little food no money and they were uncertain when I could get on the road they pay bottom dollar to drivers and try to find a way to deduct pay from you there is zero communication between management and driver dispatchers I tried to call my dispatch and was on hold so long each time the call just drops after an hour and 15 minutes numerous times and after all that I waited 4 days to get assigned a truck and they left me stranded overall bad company they do not care about there drivers they proved that to me in every possible way
Pros
New trucks thanks to failing lease operators
Cons
Communication lack of helping there drivers be successful
November 7, 2018

We are sorry you had a bad experience. We think trucking is a noble profession and try to put our drivers first. For further discussion, please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com.

Future Lease drivers use caution
Lease Driver (Current Employee) –  MidWestOctober 19, 2018
So the trucks here at TransAm are good. However the down side is as a lease driver your break even mark is 1900 miles a week and by that you might see 20.00 a week. You can do the math at say 2300 miles. My average week miles 2100. They say they are not forced dispatched for ICs however if you refuse a load expect a call from your driver manager giving a guilt trip which I am sure is what they are told to do by their boss. Secondly planners will force dispatch you and you have no say so when that takes place. Lastly they say the fuel surcharge is .119 each week, however if you do your research you will see it is around .34 for refer. Here it is week number 11 that I have been with the company 2 weeks ago switched to a company driver and still have not seen a paycheck. Mind you I was indebt as a lease driver however the recruiter told me if I moved to company all debt would be wiped clean with one leasing.

Now as a company driver you start at .34 cents no matter how much experience you have and let me just say I made .34 cents back in 2000 and here it is October 2018. As a company driver you have no say in anything you have to follow their route, their fuel routes to the letter.

Bottom line it is week number 12 that I have been employed and have not seen a paycheck in 9 weeks
Pros
There are none
Cons
No more direct tv
November 7, 2018

We are sorry you have had a negative experience. At TransAm, we want our drivers to be valued and we think driving is a noble profession. For further discussion, please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com.

Not a good place to work, period.something has to be enforce to short the drivers
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 3, 2018
Listening for what is not said is key,also watching what you sign.this is a business and it biggest rule is to make money.so your lack of knowledge or understanding is key for this business to make money.some staff are decent and friendly others will push the business agenda down your throat
Pros
Cons
Outside of a few friendly staff everything
November 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry if you had a bad experience. At TransAm, we value truck driving as a noble profession and we want our drivers to reach their goals. We wish you the best of luck in the future.

Average starter trucking company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 26, 2018
Trans AM is a basic start out company for people getting into the industry. They pay a fair rate compared to other starter companies and have nice trucks perks like a TV with satellite, inverter in the cab, generator to heat the cab in winter and cool t in summer without running the truck.
November 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. We do our best to make our drivers comfortable and help them reach their goals. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Run for the Hills!
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS 66062September 20, 2018
Tried it for three months ...it was worst dispatchers in world!

the best way to describe it would be if Stevens Transport and CR England had a baby together, with Swift Transportation being the Grand Daddy ....that would be who TransAm would resemble in operations in my experiences.

Heaven Help you should your truck break down!
Pros
Blue Chip Customers, Equipment, Miles
Cons
Relays everyday, Every load always dispatched late, Angery customers mad at transam, Dispatchers are rude sjw type college kids
September 25, 2018

We're sorry to hear about your experience. At TransAm, we want to work with you to help you achieve your goals. For further discussion, please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com

Pay not so great
OTR Solo Driver (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IASeptember 17, 2018
Good job for a start up truck driver. If you are looking for something fresh out of school then this is for you. Pay not that great but everything else is good.
September 25, 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback. We do our very best effort to work with our drivers to help them achieve their goals. For further discussion, please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com.

Productive Continues Traveling
Over Road Trucker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 11, 2018
I had awesome time traveling! The hours seemed long because it was first time I
traveled driving solo. But overall; met wonderful people from different cultures and back- grounds !
September 25, 2018

Thank you for the kind words! We are happy to hear you have had a positive experience working for TransAm Trucking and appreciate your feedback.

I could have made more money at home changing brakes on the street.
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MDSeptember 7, 2018
I've been an over-the-road truck driver for TransAm for more than 3 months now I have not made enough money to even send money home to my wife or make a payment on a bill at home I only eat hot dogs I'm in a truck that The Sleeper Berth air condition is now messed up they won't fix it and have no intentions of fixing it I am now sitting in a a chocolate factory waiting to be unloaded and nobody has any idea of where I should be or what I should be doing I am a new driver they always send me messages that are not relevant to what I'm doing this is a sad company and I have nothing positive to say about this company the lease program or my driver manager who is a shrew.
Pros
Cons
All negative
September 10, 2018

We're sorry to hear about your experience, we at TransAm Trucking want to keep you moving so you can continue to make money. We want to work with you to help you achieve your goals. For further discussion, please contact us at transam@transamtruck.com.

Drvier
Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 29, 2018
This Job is Tuff. I hated being away from home so much. They Kept me out Two or three months out at a time. There was no Structer or commuitication with there Drivers.
August 30, 2018

At TransAm Trucking, we value truck drivers and the noble profession of truck driving. We are a long haul carrier in the temperature-controlled freight industry that serves the Midwest, Mid-South, Northeast, Southeast, and Florida. Long haul trucking is a lifestyle. We wish you the best with your trucking career.

Trucks are new with many amenities
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 28, 2018
Go into leasing. You will make more money. No west coast loads. Trucks have APU units with inverters. All Kenworth T680’s. Good support from your driver manager
August 29, 2018

TransAm Trucking focuses on making life over the road more livable. Our company drivers have access to great equipment including the Kenworth T680 equipped with the PACCAR MX engine which is fuel efficient, environmentally friendly and very quiet. At their option, Independent Contractors who wish to lease a tractor through ONE Leasing will have access to this same great equipment.

A very good company.
Full time Over- the- Road (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 28, 2018
My routes always vary every day and I am always working, I hardly get a 34 hour reset and there's a lot of supply and demand that needs to be hauled, my schedule varies from morning driving, to night driving, I manage around 2700 to 2900 miles per week. The company makes sure all equipment is running at the best state possible and they always are very kind and noble to there drivers.
Pros
Good Equipment, Great dispatch, very good routes
Cons
away from home for a month at a time.
August 29, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with TransAm Trucking. Trucking is a noble profession and we are thankful to you for choosing to contract your business with TransAm Trucking. Make it a safe day!

n/a
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 23, 2018
I would drive state to state and would go to warehouses and wait to be of loaded and loaded and drive to destination and back to terminal and that would be my work daily.
August 24, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. TransAm Trucking is a long haul carrier in the temperature-controlled freight industry. We serve the Midwest, Mid-South, Northeast, Southeast, and Florida. We wish you the best with your trucking career!

driving job
Truck Driver, Delivery Operator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 22, 2018
once you got use to the truck you drove it was easy to every place. it was an easy job to also go blank minded on so you had to figure something out to keep your mind from shutting down
August 23, 2018

We appreciate your input. At TransAm Trucking, it is our goal to have the safest operation possible, with the safety of our company drivers and independent contractors, and the public’s safety, as our main values. We stress the importance of performing all duties in accordance with TransAm Trucking’s policies and procedures, and complying with all Federal, State, and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle. We encourage company drivers and independent contractors who feel they cannot safely operate a commercial motor to contact their Driver Manager.

None to give
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 30, 2018
Not much to review of the company was over the road driver didn't deal with company personal much. The training was good, The company maintained equipment very well.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Not enough home time granted
July 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. TransAm Trucking is a long haul carrier in the temperature-controlled freight industry; long haul trucking is a lifestyle. We wish you the best!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransAm Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight