Transamerica Employee Reviews

productive day
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJuly 13, 2018
my day will consist of gathering all of the agent information together via last name and alphabetical order or agent number and I will send it out to them via mail. I have some agent mail that I have to write their address on the computer and print out a label and send it via mail

I learned to work with people and also cross trained with me

My management has been very helpful in things I did not understand in my job and they also helped moved up into better things like cross training and be able to learn different things

The hardest thing about work is nothing

The most enjoyable part of it is cross training or work parties and having so many people around you
Pros
cross training, work parties
Cons
n/a
Customer Service Position was Dreadful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 12, 2018
Too high of work volume, work mandatory OT and expect you to do your job at 100%. If you don't, your numbers will not allow a good shift, and end up working till 8 PM. Don't care if you have a family or other needs. Most Americans can't work this late. All you are is a number there. Horrible management who would pick favorites. No sense of community. Management would no take accountability for other employees toxic work ethic. Co workers would bully others, and management did absolutely nothing. They will hire just about anyone, but the job is not something I would wish on anyone. Turnover rates were high, which tells you a lot in of itself.
Pros
Pay was excellent
Cons
Everything else
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2018
Our group was remote from the larger organization, though we were housed with a different division. The VP of the division was generous and sought a corporate culture of inclusion and collaboration.
Maybe only one good manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 9, 2018
I was contracted into this company and was not told prior to me agreeing to the assignment that they were going to switch over to a new company.... Once that had happened morale had changed around the company and just wasn't what I was expecting could be a potential good job but they need to work on morale and sticking to their word.
Chaotic work environment
Senior Project Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 9, 2018
Did not get to work on what I was hired to do, the management structure, and teams are in a state of flux and there is a general feeling of instability and anxiousness in the staff.
Cons
Nasty, testy team members and managers
Micromanagement, poor benefits, no genuine support from managment
Premium Processor/Unclaimed Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 7, 2018
The company tracks every piece of work that we do with an antiquated system. Managers are bullies and unfair. They have favorites. Human resources is not a resource for employees. Human resources only supports the company and management.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Poor mangement and micro managed
Too much change happening at once
Financial Analysis Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 27, 2018
Transamerica is presently moving to semi annual reporting in addition to quarterly reporting which is adding work. Also sold off part of the company to TCS consultancy services which has moral down. However, there are a lot of great people who work here. There is lots to learn and opportunities for advancement.
My Experience
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 26, 2018
I love the pay and the benefits but the work environment is terrible. Management will constantly make you do work that does absolutely nothing to benefit the company outside of your normal job description.
Pros
Good Pay, Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement
Greay place to work
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 18, 2018
Great company culture, can get stuck in same role if not careful, but overall great people to work with and comfortable environment. Demanding job, but flexibility helps make up for it
Stressful but potential for high rewards
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJune 7, 2018
The position requires a lot of discipline on the part of the employee. You will be responsible for setting your own schedule in a manner which requires a fair amount of travel.
I loved working for this company!
Life Agent (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJune 7, 2018
great company
wonderful culture and leadership
excellent structure and training opportunities
good benefit package and compensation plan
Fun work environment
back stabbers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 6, 2018
They stopped offering advancement if you want to work as investments they stopped sponsoring the series 6 license. Your co-workers will stab you in the back and your manager will not support you.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
I did enjoy this job was right out of high school at the time
Senior Cash Applications (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 30, 2018
This company started me as loan approvals which I excelled at and then was promoted to cash applications for the same amount of money but it taught me how to work in a business fast-paced atmosphere
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Very close cramped quarters
Great Company
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2018
Great Company to work for. Highly recommend. Overall good work culture. I left because I relocated to florida but if I stayed in NY I would still be there.
Motivating and Informational
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2018
I had very long work days but enjoyed meeting new people and teaching them about insurance policies. I also enjoyed maintaining the office and organizing appointments and the seminars weekly. I learned new ways to approach older clients and gain their respect. The hardest part of the job was staying on hold for hours with insurance companies but i always found a way to multitask while i was waiting. I loved learning new things about the company and teaching clients about it.
Pros
Fun, open minded, teamwork
Cons
Long hours, only organized one
Agent Technical Support Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 20, 2018
Management tried to empower employees as much as possible to do work they enjoy and learn how to do more things. Help with college and other certifications is given.
Pros
great health and vision benefits. great facilities.
Cons
not much time off
Good company to work for
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMay 18, 2018
Begin by preparing for my day. Look through my calendar of appointments. Make sure I have paperwork and documents needed for each appointment. My day usually starts at 8 am and ends at 10 pm. Had to see a lot of people to sustain income. The workplace is up beat high energy. Very diverse. The hardest part of the job is having time with family because of the hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people by providing a financial needs analysis. And helping them meet financial goals. And the money is good.
Pros
Helping people achieve financial goals
Cons
No time for family
Productive Place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg, FLMay 18, 2018
Calls were non stop. Adherence was very important, as well as quality assurance.
Expect to be on the phone giving in depth info for a long period of time.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Sometimes too busy
Very Productive
Insurance Producer/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60601May 16, 2018
I a still presently working for Transamerica and i totally agree that it is a very good company. The managers are great and the support staff makes it easy to succeed.
Self-motivated and driven? You'll excel here.
Learning Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 15, 2018
Like most large corporations, you can manufacture your own experience with Transamerica. In such a diverse company with many different assets and business divisions, effective communication can be lacking. But if you are dedicated to improving your position and finding solutions, you'll most likely be fulfilled by and recognized for your work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transamerica. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight