Transamerica

Transamerica Employee Reviews

Found 1,380 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,429 reviews

Transamerica insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Should've, could've, would've means didn't

I was supposed to start as a full time employee but didn't. I was a contract employee and after long, I felt as if I no longer belonged at that company. They are good people. My supervisor was cool and if I was getting paid from the company, like a regular employee, I would have stayed with them for the long haul (because I was tired of hopping from company to company and wanted to build a lucrative career). However, it was costing me more money to show up to work and go to appointments then I was able to make. I was promised a stipend that I never received and I received no assistance from the office manager in that arena. So I had to leave, although I really liked the people and the potential I had seen when I interviewed for the full-time position (which are very important to me). If you already have years of business and come with a flowing pipeline than contract may be the way to go, yet I had only been in the life insurance game for somewhere shy of two years or so, so I hadn't built that yet. I suggest if you're starting out or building in the industry than don't accept unless you have a full-time position or else you'll waste your time.

Great support from Management

Worked part-time after I retired, had great support from manager and district manager at all times. I still get referrals from my clients that I had when I worked full time.

Pros

Great Manager to work for.

Friendly environment

People here are nice and friendly. My manager was supportive. The culture is inclusive. I learned a lot from projects to projects. The recruiting team is nice.

Benefits

Cons

Stress

Questionable transactions

The numbers are fluffed by selling policies to show sales and get credit without necessarily closing. Questionable direction and inconsistent answers from management.

Cons

Questionable management decisions

Good company to work for, great working experience. Good pay and benefits. Good culture. Changes at the upper management level. Pension plan, 401K matching.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Culture could definitely be better.

Worked as an agent for 5 years. During this time I was used for recruiting, commission was stolen from me, as well as things that went on with other agents that shouldn't have been allowed. When my career first began it was an awesome company. Slowly over time it was only about sales which is crucial to running a business but that family like atmosphere left completely in 2015.

Pros

Cons

Lack of current benefits. 1099 wages only

Metrics based monotony

Transamerica outsourced most of its policy support work in 2018, so this review is based on my experiences to that date. The company pays a lot of attention to productivity metrics, so unless you work both fast and accurately, you would have little chance of being cross trained beyond a narrow specialty. Work could therefore become very monotonous.

Pros

Depending on manager, good team spirit.

Cons

Pricy onsite cafeteria.

Work from home, full time, easy going, laid back, opportunity to advance to a different department. Responded well to COVID, allowed all employees to work virtually.

Review

Its a horrible place to work, it's very draining. There are no rules and no management. The hours can be straining and the customers are very rude. If you desperately needed a job then it may work.

Can’t work 60 hours a week and get underpaid for 40.

Sr. Account Managers have a lesser work load and get paid more while non Sr Account Managers carry an excessive plan count and have to work more hours to just meet the 24 hour response time expectation—and don’t get paid OT.

Jobs at Transamerica

See more jobs

Great company

Great company for to work for. My supervisor was great at his job. Communication was excellent. I would definitely recommend this job to any looking for a great company

Pros

Pay

Cons

They plan on you leaving and don't care much about employees

I started as a temp without an interview. Training took about 2 weeks, but they're extended that out to 3 weeks since I started. They dragged their feet hiring me based off the fact that I missed one day in a 6 month period. The company has gone downhill since I started there a few years ago and covid hasn't helped. They used to care a lot about company culture and appreciating their employees but they don't even try anymore. There is a high turn around rate in the company as the job is entirely on the phone. Systems regularly fail, policies are changed with very little consideration of how they will impact employees, upper management doesn't care about the employees, and while the supervisors will tell you they care and want to see you advance and succeed, they really just want to micro manage you and make sure you're taking as many calls as possible. They've recently started to implement mandatory overtime and they've been using it a lot more frequently and for longer intervals. The pay is decent, but the raises are miniscule and only done once a year and are "performance based". The benefits are okay with a 3% match on 401k. They talk a lot about how they want you to advance and do more but they offer next to no guidance or opportunities to do it. Favoritism is typical. Your value as an employee is based on how many calls you can take and how close you can stick to a schedule, down to the second. Courses that are offered are vague and I've yet to see any other employer know what the certifications are. The company itself doesn't even care for other positions.

Pros

good benefits, decent pay, good co-workers

Cons

don't care about the employees, high turn around rate

Mediocare

LACK OF advancement. pay is much less then in similar markets , just overall subpar to similar positions at other companies, toxic , management is a ok

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

Management, Pay, Stress

Management is always willing to help.

Management will help when they can. But they're usually too busy. Transamerica doesn't seem to care about helping the customers as much as they do about getting policies closed and new ones opened

Pros

Great starting pay, friendly co-workers

Cons

Bad agents, non listening customers.

Way too much turnover, managers and upper level management constantly changing.

Should have listened to my gut feeling on the first day to run. This place is a constant revolving door for problems and employee turnover. If it sounds to good to be true, it is!!! They are greedy and only care about making money they do not care about their employees. The work was piled on you to obscene levels and if it wasn't perfect in their audit you would get dinged for the smallest thing and it would affect your bonus. It was like they did it on purpose, constantly changing requirements. You could work 12 hours a day 6 days a week and never get caught up because so many people were quitting.

Pros

worked from home

Cons

no clue what was going on, management constantly changing

Good stepping stone

The company overall has the ability to be great but it’s only ok. There’s not much diversity in primary positions. Not much room for growth. This should be looked into.

Pros

Nice coworkers

Cons

Low pay

Great work place, great company

Best job that I’ve personally held, helped me not o lay with other but myself learning and teaching new things every day as well as the People I worked around kept the environment a Professional work place not only for me and other employees but the clientele as well.

Pros

Great pay

Pyramid scheme

This company is structured on building recruits to use their close relationships. Making it tough to advance. Then when you leave the company, they inherit your clients.

Pros

Financial education

Cons

Everything else

Time for a management change

Training could have been more organized. Position better if you had worked in other departments and knew more about the company. Heard many within company did not want to transfer due to the manager. Time for a change with the amount of turnover.

Pros

Cafeteria and fitness onsite

Cons

Lack of team work, no flexibility

Change is the Norm

Transamerica cares about its customers a lot. The best part of my job is my team members. We work well together and I have been lucky that my team has stayed together.

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Change is the norm here at least every six months.

Was a great company

TA was a great company to work for several years ago. However that has all changed as they have off-shored the vast majority of development and other IT roles. In addition the bonuses have gotten smaller every year and the benefits have continued to decline.There have been mass layoffs nearly every year I have worked here, and upper management is obsessed with the aegon stock price which as stayed between 2-5$ for many many years.Because of the offshoring and instability I would not recommend this place for any person looking for long term job stability.

Pros

work life balance

Cons

everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transamerica. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss