Transamerica Employee Reviews

agent
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2018
monumental was a great company but Transamerica is complicated for no reason. Sometimes I feel like i work for free. The bi-weekly stay on bonus contract with their underwriters is a recipe for bankruptcy and failure
Pros
control you own schedule
Cons
office to far and contract suck
Misleading referral opportunities
Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 14, 2018
Look for another place to work. They give you a book of business that has been picked clean. Most clients are low income and very little chance of production opportunities.
Good starter job if you can learn insurance
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 11, 2018
I started as a temp for a full year so did not qualify for pay raise or bonus until one and a half years after my first day on the job - something the company evidently does purposely to save money. Very slow career advancement in St. Petersburg, Florida - heavy favoritism towards workers in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Benefits are good and possible work from home. All of operations was outsourced to TCS April 2018 so those jobs are no longer available as a direct hire. Very high focus by management on line workers being perfect - they really don't care much about individual employees as long as they are still working.
Very low pay for the industry. In Tampa Bay, for example, you can make more money as a new hire for a small insurance company in the local area than you would after four or five years of experience at Transamerica.
Regardless of what the company tells you Trans really just cares about their bottom line/stock price/rich investors.
Pros
Dress code, Telecommute
Cons
Low Pay, uncaring management
Accountant I (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 9, 2018
Productive workplace.....friendly co-workers.....opportunities for advancement. Offers tuition reimbursement to help further your career. Promotes diversity within workplace
Pros
friendly staff;;;advancement opportunities
fun
Website Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 7, 2018
super relaxed - just played videogames on my laptop all day while i took calls. call centers are soul-sucking monsters though so be careful if you work here
Good place to work but too many changes.
Actuarial Tech (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 25, 2018
They are closing offices and letting a lot of people go. A lot of changes over the last 5 years at least. They are concerned with the atmosphere in the office and are trying to improve it.
Good place to work...Learned a lot regarding insurance
Premium Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 18, 2018
Transamerica is a good place to work...However the company could be more clear on work procedures and communication skills. I'd recommend others to work there
Pros
work together as a team
Cons
lack of communication between managers and employees
i will miss this job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 17, 2018
if I wasn't relocating I wouldn't be leaving this job, the co-workers are great, and if you try you can move quickly in this job, started aug '17 and would love to stay at this job if I was able to work from home in another state.
Revolving door
Customer Service Product Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAOctober 17, 2018
Low pay. Management did nothing but monitor calls and got paid bonus incentives for customer service representatives work they performed.

Long drawn out classroom training. Had to work a required 9am to 6pm shift. They weren't flexible with hours.
Pros
Had free food supplied to us often
Cons
Bare minimum pay. Worked in a call center.
enviroment
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 9, 2018
my co workers were good at helping me after training. my manager was semi helpful trying to push issues on another manager. I accepted a job at a better paying company
Pros
set schedule
Cons
forced overtime
negative environment. unfriendly.
Retirement Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2018
negative environment. unfriendly and unpleasant working environment. Training was lacking. Lack of management and supervisor skills by people holding those positions.
Pros
Monday through Friday
Cons
Company Culture
Good Place to Work - Strong Management
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Transamerica working in their legal department. The senior lawyers were very helpful and coached younger staff. The company helped grow staff members.
office is fun place
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2018
i enjoy with with transamerica. Work hard to reach my goal.We have meetings every fridays lots of fun play games win prizes and some have lunch togather.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
provide healthcare
Workplace Culture
Legal Specialist/Generalist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 1, 2018
Overall, I enjoyed my experience at Transamerica. I worked there for over 18 years and have many memories, and experiences that I shall take with me wherever I go.

Great company, Good Managers, Awesome co-workers. I would have liked to have retired from Transamerica, but over the last few years, there have been significant layoffs and I finally made the cut.

Transamerica did take care of me, so I leave with no ill will.

The culture was very family oriented which I liked. Most days were filled with fast paced work, working with other departments,and deadlines.

I will miss the challenge of a fast paced work place, but I wont miss the drive to work. 1 1/2 hours will wear on you after a while.
Under new management!
INTERMEDIATE BENFITS PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 30, 2018
Was a very good company to work for but is undergoing a very significant change. They have started closing buildings nation wide and have sold part of the company. So there are a ton of new rules and the amount of perks/benefits have gone down severely starting in 2016.
Insurance Representative
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDSeptember 26, 2018
Good company to work for. Very flexible in time, which allowed more time with family. The work environment was really laid back and slow-paced. Writing policies was easy, but underwriting would be a little slow at times.
Pros
Work environment, slow paced, relaxed environment
Cons
Underwriting, pay structure
It is a good place to start
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 25, 2018
Transamerica is a good place to start but they do go through a lot of people. The work hours are very good. I worked 8 - 5. Once skilled I had opportunity for overtime
Very fun flexible enviornment with a great compensation package
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 16, 2018
Just had a great experience here I learned so much and I really feel like they have prepared me for future opportunities and business relationships..they have leadership classes and business development classes product provider meetings constant continuing education to better help you support your clients...they give you an opportunity to build a business within a business and build it as big as you want...weekley seminars to help you grow and expand your business....they help you and teach you how to get clients and are very big on referrals and leads....i will admit this is not for everybody but for the right person it will be a dream come true.
HR Nightmare - Great Training
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 13, 2018
The training program is amazing, they really make sure you know what you're doing before you get on the phones. However, if you ever have to deal with HR for ANYTHING it is a literal NIGHTMARE. Cost me my job and a couple of other people I know that worked there because of how bad there are at getting back to people.
Pros
Decent breaks, excellent training
Cons
bad HR department
This was a fine place, just not for me
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 13, 2018
This company is really just fine, good benefits, nice people most of the time, clean, safe place to work. My issue was only that I was paid so very little (13,000 a year less than a similar job I held in a similar company) that I was just not happy. I also had an employee form another team who picked on me and caused me stress and she was not helping either. If i could even have been paid 40,000 instead of 30,000 I would have stayed but I was making between 43,000-50,000 at a very similar position that was less stressful but had to move and take this job and it just wasn't enough money.
Pros
benefits, nice environment, nice manager
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transamerica. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss