Transamerica Employee Reviews

Very fun flexible enviornment with a great compensation package
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 16, 2018
Just had a great experience here I learned so much and I really feel like they have prepared me for future opportunities and business relationships..they have leadership classes and business development classes product provider meetings constant continuing education to better help you support your clients...they give you an opportunity to build a business within a business and build it as big as you want...weekley seminars to help you grow and expand your business....they help you and teach you how to get clients and are very big on referrals and leads....i will admit this is not for everybody but for the right person it will be a dream come true.
This was a fine place, just not for me
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 13, 2018
This company is really just fine, good benefits, nice people most of the time, clean, safe place to work. My issue was only that I was paid so very little (13,000 a year less than a similar job I held in a similar company) that I was just not happy. I also had an employee form another team who picked on me and caused me stress and she was not helping either. If i could even have been paid 40,000 instead of 30,000 I would have stayed but I was making between 43,000-50,000 at a very similar position that was less stressful but had to move and take this job and it just wasn't enough money.
Pros
benefits, nice environment, nice manager
Cons
low pay
Productive and fun company
Senior Software Developer/Actuary (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 11, 2018
We follow Agile scrum software development process. Have status meeting in the morning every day. Have review meetings at the end of Sprints. It has a lot of fun activities.
Pros
Fun activities
Cons
Work very hard to pass actuary exams.
Solid financial services company focused on adapting to the new future of investment advice
SVP Marketing (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 10, 2018
Transamerica offered me multiple career opportunities and in my time with the firm, I was able to expand my skills and knowledge in many arenas. Ultimately, as the company was undergoing massive change to prepare itself for a rapidly evolving financial services landscape, I was caught up in a downsizing effort. I have no ill feelings, however, and I wish the best for so many of my talented friends and colleagues who continue to work there.
Bad company took over a good company.
Wasted Employee (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 6, 2018
WRL was a good company and then Transamerica took over and ruined it. Layoffs after layoffs. The management was more interested in playing politics than getting stuff done. Managers were put in charge of departments in which they had no knowledge of and were so worried about their job that they interfered with the workers doing their jobs. Let go of all the knowledgeable workers and kept the young, inexperienced ones while the managers faked their way through the day. Horrible place. I knew it was over when they hired people coming in wearing hooker dresses and flip flops.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Everything else. Run, don't walk.
not a good department to work for
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 4, 2018
I was cross trained to do customer service and claims and the management was horrible. I was laid off right when the department I worked for was bought out by a third party company. The manager I had did not care about his team, he cared about making himself look good for his boss, he was not personable nor did he try to fight for us. Would never want to go back to this company.
Pros
working from home
Cons
management unprofessional
Annuity customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 4, 2018
Over all great. Corporate community, great benefits and work and family life balance as the hours were focused on the stock market. Requires a person who can make decision correctly and rapidly. Customers first.
Great Company!
Agency Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 2, 2018
I had a great time working at Transamerica, it was an enjoyable experience.

Managers care about the success of the agents and sales representatives that work with them.
Pros
Great place to gain sales experience.
Cons
No cons.
Work Place Culture
Resource Team Specialist-Retirement (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 30, 2018
Transamerica is a mess. Their 2020 vision has ripped the workplace apart. There is little teamwork and helping your fellow co workers. The mentality is do what you can with what you have got and it better be perfect. In many departments there is little room for advancement as the company sets yearly goals for how many promotions can be given. The hardest part of the job is the complete lack of organization, training and severely outdated technology.
Pros
On site gym, on site cafeteria, some work from home options
Cons
company pay is less than similar companies
Good overall place to work
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 29, 2018
The company is a good company, it's just going through enormous changes right now, which is creating a lot of growing pains. My department is the reason overall that I am looking for another position.
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 25, 2018
Great place to work. Great benefits. Great people to work with. Cutting edge technology. Pleasant work environment. Advancement opportunities. Competitive compensation.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Transamerica gave me an opportunity to grow
Retirement Planning (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 24, 2018
I worked for Transamerica for 4 years, acquired numerous licenses and a designation, and worked three different jobs during my tenure. Each manager is a bit different, and each job entails a different workload. Overall, Transamerica gave me the opportunity to grow my skill set, achieve my goals, and put me on a career path for the long-term. If you have great work ethic and are professional, you should do well.
Pros
Career development, pay, paid volunteer hours
Cons
reorganization, management changes, delayed internal promotions
Transamerica is going through corporate changes
Long Term Care - Consumer Affairs Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 19, 2018
Transamerica has within the last 6-9 months relied on third party administration for many of the functions that were in-house. The Long Term Care division, of which I am a part, was not included in this recent move because the system(s) are so antiquated no third party administrator would take it. Transamerica has tried several times over the last 5 years to sell off this product to no avail. I feel it is just a matter of time before they rid themselves of LTC Insurance one way or another. It is to my advantage to be proactive in a job search prior to that event.
Seeking a challenging, rewarding career
Lead BSA / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 17, 2018
Seeking a challenging, rewarding career with a progressive, forward, yet well established organization where my GED and my many talents will be recognized and where I can build a lasting relationship.
management undertrained, rude unprofessional create a hostile work environment. They do not know how to talk to people. If they got some training (zin
I force policies (Former Employee) –  St PeteAugust 11, 2018
Manager has no people skills they are bullies. For the size and strength of this company you would think they would have more pride in training their managers. The manager I had was so unprofessional. Transamerica needs help. Call me.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Horrible
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 8, 2018
Work environment is unwelcoming. When policyholders call, there is very little answers available to provide them; therefore, mental and verbal abuse is what a worker encounters. The company has very low morale and extensive prayers are required to grace the building each day. The pay scale is not parallel to the stress of the job and atmosphere.
Pros
Recognized holidays
Cons
Feeling incompetent and unappreciated
Make a mistake and your done
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 5, 2018
There is a policy that if you hang up on a customer your immediately terminated whether you did it on purpose. They don't take in considerations the circumstances.
Pros
Cons
poor management
Don’t bother
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  TXAugust 5, 2018
Low pay. Building a rapport with colleagues and customers is impossible. No time between calls to take a breath or drink water. Morale is extremely low. Supervisors walk around and don’t offer assistance.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Worse pay for industry, Short lunch, short break, just a number to them
Employment with Transamerica
Independent Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLAugust 1, 2018
I am an independent insurance agent with Transamerica; however, one on one training is offered for new agents to align with company products, forms and goals.

Bi-monthly training meetings are held for all staff. The hardest part of my job is the customers education regarding not waiting until an emergency occurs to consider insurance.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the ability to work remotely from home, having the ability to contact leadership and receive immediate attention.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
Sales to customers
Senior Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 28, 2018
At Transamerica, I feel like your promotion is determined by who you are friends with, or how well they like you. If you do your job really well, they want you to stay in that position forever.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transamerica. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight