Transamerica
Happiness rating is 58 out of 100

Transamerica Employee Reviews

Found 1,350 reviews matching the search
I was supposed to start as a full time employee but didn't. I was a contract employee and after long, I felt as if I no longer belonged at that company. They are good people. My supervisor was cool and if I was getting paid from the company, like a regular employee, I would have stayed with them for the long haul (because I was tired of hopping from company to company and wanted to build a lucrative career). However, it was costing me more money to show up to work and go to appointments then I was able to make. I was promised a stipend that I never received and I received no assistance from the office manager in that arena. So I had to leave, although I really liked the people and the potential I had seen when I interviewed for the full-time position (which are very important to me). If you already have years of business and come with a flowing pipeline than contract may be the way to go, yet I had only been in the life insurance game for somewhere shy of two years or so, so I hadn't built that yet. I suggest if you're starting out or building in the industry than don't accept unless you have a full-time position or else you'll waste your time.
Management thinks you are a butt in the seat. No training and development. We get 1 email announcement, that's it. Have a book of buisness too large. 200+ clients is way to much for 1 person to handle. Job stress is terrible. Client's, TPAs, FAs, want answers that day. Good luck on vacation. You can literally walk back after a week vacation and have 400+emails to sift through.Work is flexible though, i've learned to be able to walk away at 5pm and be done with it. Otherwise work is all you think about and feel bad not enough time in the day.Systems are Microsoft Access and imported Windows systems from multiple systems. Just now experimenting with Sales force. No website support for client's websites. Once a week something breaks and website is shut down.
This job will require studying and using index cards. Take as many calls as possible and have a network starting in training class. Have perfect attendance and sit in the front of class. Your numbers are who you are when you walk in the door. The culture is aligned with corporate consistency.
Pros
Bonus and bravo points
Cons
N/a
I worked as a wfh customer service rep and it was very laid back supervisors were great Only problem they provided equipment and then all my equipment never showed up when class started. My passwords werent correct and I was delayed and inconvenienced and panicked because I was behind and the end of class test is pass or fail and if you dont pass the test you will not be hired....I was moved to 3 training classes then when finally got situated my family got covid and i was let go
Pros
Kahoot
Cons
Equipment delivery
There is an abundance of favoritism. Certain employees would exhibit inappropriate behavior and would not face any consequences because they threatened suing while others were reprimanded for trivial things such as wearing leggins or hooded team sport jerseys, both against company guidelines.Also, each second had to be accounted for with the reason away from desk (bathroom breaks) and the length of time gone. This was all recorded online as most pieces of work were not only checked for accuracy but also timed for efficiency and length between each piece of work. Verbal and written warnings were given if these strick guidelines were not met. I felt like I was in kindergarten again being micromanaged. It was a demeaning situation for those who were conscientious and dependable.
Pros
Part time work from home
Cons
Ununiform rules
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
The middle management and employees are fantastic, but you are at the whims of the corporate structure. Often times success isn't directly ties to your performance, but outside factors
Pros
Good middle management
Cons
High metric expectations
The people that work at Transamerica are very friendly and I enjoyed building friendships with them. They also offer very flexible scheduling and the ability to work from home. However management consistently made decisions without input resulting in additional unneeded stress. The compensation was also very lackluster and high performers regularly leave due to poor compensation.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Bad Management, Poor Compensation
They were an old school company with everything going through the mail. Even the short term disability checks were mailed instead of direct deposit. Even premiums had to be mailed to the main office.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Transametica is a good company to work for.because they have good benefits and you can start your own business and work for commissions pay. You can move up to management right away and the people are friendly and cooperative in helping you achieve your goals and ambitions when you are trying to complete a task.
Pros
You can work around the clock
Cons
1 day out of the week you have to stay to work the phone extra hours
The office holds a nice view and equipments. The internship program is well-designed for us to have thorough communications with employees from all groups.
I had a great team I worked with at Transamerica. We all supported each other and never felt any kind of drama normally associated with office jobs. Sometimes, management seemed very disorganized, but overall it was a great place to work.
Pros
Laid Back atmosphere, Decent Pay
Cons
Company seems disorganized - Stock prime in doldrums
I felt Transamerica did a great job of showing appreciation for the work of their employees. Great perks and benefits. Enjoyed being with my co workers. My supervisor always challenged me too. Rewarded for being reliable ethical and a team player
Pros
Vacay and sick time rolled over. Catered lunches
Cons
Some people had bad attitudes
Overall good. I would recommend this company to anyone. I hope that management could get better bu overall.I feel that they do what they to make sure that you okay.
The MA location isn't all that bad, but the the cedar rapids office is super toxic. The pay depending on your department can be either amazing or peanuts. They make it hard to promote from within, so a lot of people end up leaving.
Pros
Bravo points
Cons
Pay
When I started at TRS, I really liked it a lot. The head manager was amazing and the culture was supportive. Once they eliminated his position and someone from another department picked up in his place, it became another standard call center where you were overworked, burnt out, and treated like a number. Metrics became all that mattered and very little empathy was given to workers who were handling increased loads due to COVID. One employee was fired after getting COVID and experiencing long term complications. This company now cares more about money than their people and it's likely that they won't last much longer.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Everything else was horrible
Good workplace with potential for growth. I have been here for four years and continue to enjoy my work. There are many highly talented people here that you can learn from.
Pros
Challenging, growth oriented
Cons
Not the most tech savvy.
Lots of changes are happening at Transamerica with the new CEO of Aegon trying to expand business. I used to work a lot with individuals on the IT team, most of whom were laid off at the end of 2020. Our team is now expected to pick up some of their work on top of our normal workload. Upper management could care less about how spread thin we are.
Pros
Great co-workers, set work expectations
Cons
Outsourcing IT, upper management
My position at transamerica allowed me to work in the office as well in the field I did seminars in seven difference counties ,as well as having clients coming to the office for personal interviews on Medicare billing
Pros
Not being confined to the office
Parts of the business is now contracted to other companies. We lost all benefits and had to start over. Several rounds of lay offs, moving business overseas, working 10+ hours during the week plus Saturdays, short staffed, micro management from the top down. High expectations, ex..All stats has to be at 94 or higher in order to be within standards monthly.
Pros
Cons
Over worked and severely under paid
I do not recommend this company at all. The lack of compassion and unorganized staff is not an envying want to be in. Getting assistance as a rep is incredibly hard, asking questions only makes you feel stupid. I just don’t recommend this company
I enjoyed my time at Transamerica. The company itself seems to care about their employees and is very welcoming of new employees. They recognize hard workers and it was very much appreciated.
  1. Employee Reviews