Transco Lines, Inc
61Average

Transco Lines, Inc Employee Reviews

United States84 reviews
Overall a great company to work for but the night dispatch are idiots need to educate them hard to get through on the phone and they never promptly if at at all answer you on geotab iPad shuts down often
Pros
Weekly payment
Cons
Night dispatch needs improvement and the equipment is leased from Ryder. Horrible mechanics.
Their recruiters making EMPTY PROMISES IN WRITING to new prospective drivers about routes, home time, and pay. Once they lure you in the promised routes, miles and home time never materialize. On top of it, the SHORT PAY drivers on miles on every single load. Their paid distances shorter than ZIP to ZIP automobile google distances by a wide margin. Dispatch planning is inapt. Drivers can deadhead home hundreds of miles without pay and then go for pick-up hundreds of miles again without pay every week.
Pros
free food at orientation
Cons
liars, inept dispatch, short pay on miles, unpaid deadhead to/from home
the company has changed so much it's not the same company anymore.. yes it used to be a good company.. now since cameras are installed and safety is up your rear end, calling you about everything, the job is not worth it anymore. If you like getting calls from safety all the time go for it.. as for me it's ending soon. Upper management is running this company in ground.

Safety fails to see, while your in the sleeper they want to call without checking eld to make sure your NOT in the sleeper.. this goes to show you the level you are dealing with drivers. Incompetent your safety and calling someone who is sleeping?.

Since two weeks I have posted this safety is getting worse.they change stuff in the office and don't tell drivers anything until you get a nasty phone call from them. Then try to talk to you like your a little kid.
This company was one of my worst experiences ever since management was so unorganized and disrespectful. I wouldn't ever refer anyone to work here. They give trucking a bad name.
I enjoyed working with tli. Prepass and apu on truck. My dispatch manager was good and caring. Home every two weeks. Pay was alright but definitely could have been better. They hired me out of pensacola then let me go because of that. Said they lost money getting me home. It was a big let down especially after they "welcomed me to the family"
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
TLI is a great trucking company. The recruiters are there to help you out. The staff is very generous. They will work with you by giving you time off to be home.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
healthcare
It a great place to work friendly good pay. I would only consider it short term because you never get more than a week a year off. So if u have a family it will be hard on them with no chance of a vacation or time to do anything at home.
I love working here! I really enjoy the people I work with and enjoy coming to work every night. Such a great job for a college student or a single person!
I have been with TLI for 5 years. They go above and beyond to keep the drivers they have. Unlike most companies that just consider you a butt in the seat, they have always quickly resolved any issues we have had. Equipment has always been new and they have a top notch payroll department!! Our pay has NEVER once been short even one mile!! The lane we run is extremely hard but at the end of the day you do what you gotta do to get it done! From the Operations Dept. all the way up thru Upper Management they trully do try to keep the drivers they have which says it all. Driver retention is the biggest problem with every carrier out there and TLI has so many that have been here for years👍 I worked in Operations for 17 years before becoming a driver and know how hard it is on that side of the geotabs, so from all aspects they trully are one of the best of a dying breed of good trucking companies!
Been here for close to 5 years. Have had a great experience thus far. They have always listened to why i have to say. Payroll is top notch never any issues with the pay. Make good miles with great pay as long as you are willing to drive the truck, it's up to you how much you want to make.
Pros
They don't micromanage you
Cons
Geotab
It’s a good company some management problems hometime requires don’t ask....they have more good going on then bad things I’ll say that some fleet managers needs a good talking too
i enjoy working for TLI.
the pay is good and it's a great work atmosphere.

the driver managers are great at communicating with the drivers.

good equipment/tractors.
Pros
awesome money and hometime
I hate this company
2000 miles or less a week low low pay I didn’t even make a 1000.00 with the bonus. If you got anything to lose you will working here
i enjoy working for TLI.
the pay is good and it's a great work atmosphere.

the driver managers are great at communicating with the drivers.

good equipment/tractors.
Pros
awesome money and hometime
Cons
Very nice company please try
Each and every person at the company love driver they help lots

Lots of miles they never make you sit down like other does
I’m happy to be a part of such a great company. The management is great here and treat you like family. They get to know you by name and not your truck number. The benefits are great as well. I’m planning to retire from this job!!! Great people and great place to work!!!!
Over all one of the best companies ive worked for darn good pay for the ones that want to work hard benefits are good worked for them twice and would go back if needed to.
Pros
Pay, loads
Cons
No home time
I was excited about being hired on & really felt like I was accepted by most of my coworkers. However, I couldn’t have been more mistaken & learned that the hard way when I was fired for missing work because I had to be in court. I had permission by my manager to be excused those days. Well, Human Resources blind sided me and fired me without any written or verbal warning. They kicked me when I was down and I’m still trying to recover.
This was a great company with competitive pay and benefits. Training process was efficient and they always provided enough work and mileage to keep drivers busy.
I primarily drove dedicated routes from Arkansas to the north and east. Accounts were mostly Autozone and DirecTV. The equipment was good and they had a great maintenance program
They used to take only experienced drivers but now all they care about is “butts in seats” (dispatcher’s words). The new trucks are leased and they are garbage. Ryder doesn’t fix them so they end up at the shop multiple times. Management is incompetent. The pay is decent but not great.