Transcom Employee Reviews

dont do it
Special Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJanuary 15, 2019
First off this was my first work from home job and in the beginning it was ok. The pay was the first red flag but I settled a little bit due to personal circumstances. Training was 5 weeks with nothing but article numbers to look up. Overload you with a bunch of info and just throw you out there when your 5 weeks are up. Shift usually takes up your entire day and no way to get it changed (i.e from 1st shift to 3rd) and if so the response time is way too ridiculous. The company doesnt care about you as an employee, you're just a number. They dont even care about the customers. Any issues that their tech guys cant resolve, which is all of them, you are responsible and it will be held against you. Understandable if your ISP or computer goes down then yeah, but when one of their systems cant load up or gives you problems then it shouldnt be held against the agent, but it will be.
You deal with irate customers on a daily and the pay is NO where near what you agents should be making, considering the stress level. Supervisors are always "busy" and never want to take calls from customers. You get points taken off QA's for almost every little thing. Long story short, dont do it unless you are fine with getting cursed out every day by customers and not able to solve their issues, getting underpaid and just dealing unwanted stress from the comfort of you home. If so transcom is the company for you
Pros
n/a
Cons
no set schedule, micromanagement, low pay
Great Company
great busniness knowlege
comfortable work environment
Underpaid
Home Agent/Apple IOS TIER 1 CAMPAIGN (Current Employee) –  HOMEJanuary 11, 2019
Highly stressed and underpaid. very demanding while being underpaid. You're not allowed to take time off or you get fired. You're constantly threatened to be fired if you're not meeting performance with unrealistic metrics. Customer surveys are counted against you even when it's beyond your control even though you did everything you could to help the customer and provided the best customer service experience. You can take 20 calls and you did great of 18 calls and they ding you for the 2 calls you didn't do well on . they expect perfection out of you while being underpaid with expensive benefits options and rushed initial training and lack of support. AT the initial training, they made it sound so easy and it becomes a nightmare once you start taking calls. Nesting doesn't exist even though they call it so. DO NOT WORK FOR TRANSCOM IF YOU EXPECT TO LIVE LONGER.
Pros
being part of Apple campaign
Cons
underpaid, demanding
A big mess
iOS Technical Support MAC+ support (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2019
I have worked at transcom for almost 2 years. Recently with the apple campaign customers started getting surveys VIA text message since November of 2018. At transcom you are required to show improvement month over month the last 3 months since customers are getting the surveys right after calls I have had DSTAT after DSTAT, after the "QA" listens to the call they keep saying its not my fault but it is still counted against me. Smh now it is January and after 2 years of working here and having great surveys I am now getting a final and about to lose my job over thinks outside of my control which is very upsetting, My most recent TL was awesome she moved up to t2 and now im stuck with someone who won't work with me. They point you for things that are outside of your control like outages and phone lines being down. The only benefits I've had at this company is they worked with my school schedule and we worked from home.
Pros
Working from home, unlimited OT
Cons
PTO not offered unless perfect attendance, low pay, DSTATS count against you even after deemed not your fault.
Needs more time
At-Home Tech Advisor/Sales (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 8, 2019
Transcom needs more time to grow as a company. The base pay rate caps out at $11.50 no raises. Very small incentives. This company also switches Team Leader Managers and Quality manager so often that it causes confusion in regards to strategic guidelines and goals.
Transcom Review
Tier 3 Tech Support/Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2019
This Business is like most call center business positions are, at other call center companies. Lacks Good Management, Very Bad Communication between teams. Spur of the moment holiday activities. Very Unorganized. This company was quick to let go of its employees at the sight of distress.
Pros
Good healthcare.
Cons
Too many to list.
Great Company, Improvement wouldn't be bad
Technical Support Advisor (Tenured) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2019
I learned a lot from this company and a lot of people are understanding. Some metrics need work, and the company as a whole could use some improvement.
At Home Job
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80237December 22, 2018
It was my first experience with at home jobs and it taught me one important lesson: Confirm the benefits a home job offer. They didn't have PTO. Make sure any home job you go to has the benefits you need. I don't think this company even exists anymore.
Pros
n/a
Cons
No PTO
Disappointing Experience
Work at Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 14, 2018
This company does not care about it's employees. They are hard to reach. Too little training is provided for the product that we were expected to support.
Pros
Working From Home
Cons
Stressful, uncaring environment, lack of support, review driven
Do not work for this company!
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 6, 2018
I worked for Transcom for about six months before I was terminated. When I first started, I honestly enjoyed the job. I worked in the retention department for Spectrum, and it was great. Then they announced that they were losing Spectrum as a client because Spectrum was doing away with outsourcing their calls (which I still don't believe). At this point, I was moved to their ViaSat project, supposedly as a retention agent. During my short time with ViaSat, my trainer was incredibly unorganized and all she ever did was talk about her cat, Buster. What little training I did receive was not for retention at all. When I started taking calls, they were all technical support calls - no retention. At this point, my mother and grandmother were involved a horrible car collision where my mother nearly died. I had been with the company for six months and was told that due to my tenure, I would be granted two days off to spend with my family. I took the two days and was fired. Terminated because I almost lost my mother. It was absolutely ridiculous and I hope everyone takes this to heart and stays away from this shady company!
Pros
The ability to work from home
Cons
Short breaks, low wages, expensive benefits, no work life balance, terminated for reasons outside of my control
Nice place to work
Customer Care Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 3, 2018
Training is good, pay is good and the support that you get is excelent, I have worked from home for other companies and I would suggest this one above all others. I plan on returning as soon as I can.
Pros
schedule, pay, co workers
Cons
non really
Not a good place to work
Customer Service Representative Viasat (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 28, 2018
The basic people are great to work with. Training is just a bunch of powerpoints and slides. They expect you to know all about the KB’s and have to pull so many on every single call. You go through 3 weeks of class training and then 2 weeks of nesting. There are no raises no vacation and no sick days. So what you start out at is what you will make. And if you are very lucky you may get a bonus each month with perfect metrics. The insurance offered is so expensive that you will be working for less then federal minimum wage. And if you are sick and in the hospital like me forget it, you get written up and threatened with your job. They play favorites and there are so many people missing five six days and they still have a job. I am still there but actively seeking a new job. QA’s are a nightmare for you never know what KB’s to use on each call and if you use the wrong one you fail your QA, if you don’t continue to say the customers name throughout the call you loose points, it is a never ending cycle of you did this wrong. When all they really need to do is take the time to train you instead of making you read thousands of KB’s to service a call. You don’t get to choose a schedule they choose it for you, and you are locked into that schedule for the time you are with them. I started my class with 25 people and they dropped like flies until there were ten of us left, so I was moved to another class that started with 21 and they dropped like flies as well, we are now at 12. This is not a company that I would ever recommend if you are a single mom trying to provide for your family,  more... there is not a living wage here and if you have to have your kids on your insurance you will be lucky to clear $6.00 an hour and the deductibles are extremely high on their plans. I think they are in league with the insurance company for kick backs. So your $10.00 p/h does not go far.
On my campaign you have to provide your own equipment it is not provided like on the Apple campaign. You also are required to work holidays and you don’t get holiday pay unless you work it. The PTO you earn is like 2 hours your first two years, and you can’t be sick or have technical issues, you miss a day even with doctors note you still get written up, you get 5 points and you are fired. You have to know ahead of time if your going to be sick so you can request it off so you don’t get a point. If you miss a day you loose your PTO so you are not even gaurenteed that. So I suggest to look elsewhere for a job.
Pros
Regular employees not higher ups
Cons
Healthcare, no perks, no vacation, sick days
The Good and The Bad of Working For Transcom
Tier 1 Technical Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeNovember 28, 2018
This review will be a lengthy one . So if you want all honesty and no bull then please read further . So I am currently a T1iOS , MAC+ Advisor and a Mentor , my job duties include assisting customers with technical and non technical issues . So let’s discuss training if you are interested in this job apply and get hired you will be trained in a room called Blackboard, during this time of training your trainer may or may not be on camera, the training does consists of many slides and a lot of searching for articles in order to properly prepare you to look for information while on a call to assist your customers , during the first or second week you do take phone calls in order to prepare you for when you get on the production floor , but just like any job when you try something for the first time you are very nervous about it and then with practice you become more confident , before you can even make it to the production floor you have to pass your final exam , I have seen people in my training class go all the way through training and don’t make it to the floor because they fail the exam (which if you fail the first time you can take it again) . So once you pass the final exam you then make it to the production floor ,you have about 15 other coworkers and you communicate with your manager via a chat room , a lot of the times the TL’s are busy because they have meetings and sometimes they have to assist coworkers in another BB when they are having tech issues with there systems . So you will learn to become very independent which is okay with me because I like to work and find  more... the answers on my own anyway , you do have the help of some of your seasoned coworkers when the TL is busy with team meetings and coachings. My Team Lead is wonderful ! Next are the metrics , so depending on what you do you have certain metrics you have to meet each month , now of course if you are fresh out of training they don’t expect you to be perfect and on point with everything because it takes time, the biggest things that are focused on :ACW :AHT:CSAT:COMPLIANCE:KNOWLEDGE:
ATTENDANCE - which you only have to really meet in ACW , CSAT , Knowledge, Attendance and Compliance to recieve your bonus which could be anywhere from 18-200 dollars , you work with a QA (quality analysist) who listens to your calls at random and then grades you accordingly as far as the criteria for what you are supposed to do on a call , and sometimes you get dinged for things you did correctly on a call because a QA may not have listened to the full call - it has happened to me which is one thing I don’t like , your TL also listens to your calls live and as long as you are doing what you need to then you have no need to worry . CSATS are the customer surveys -which is another thing I feel iffy about because I have received plenty of surveys where I got a 100.00 percent for my CSAT score and the a 1 for a promoter , but if overall satstifaction is very dissatisfied then what do you think happens ? That survey is dinged as a DSAT , which I disagree with if a customer calls in and is happy with you but mad at the product or the new CEO of Apple and then decides to express that on a survey it falls back on you I have read a lot of reviews were people have said oh I get wrote up for this and that and honestly I have been working at Transcom for almost a year and I have been wrote up like once ... so you do the math and like I said before I do have a awesome TL ,so that has a lot to do with it -When it comes to being micro managed I can say that’s one thing that I really haven’t dealt with, I don’t have my TL down my back. Let’s see what else.... Pay the pay is ehh okay it could be better because there are other companies that work on the same campaign and you get paid about 2-4 dollars more , a lot of people say they didn’t get there raise , I recieved my raise , I will say that I had to constantly send out emails to make sure the payroll and HR department stayed on top of it but I finally got it so all is well , I think that when you learn a new skill you also should get a raise because you know have that extra experience and lastly attendance this company had a very strict attendance policy however if something happens to you that is beyond your control they are very caring and willing to work with you depending on your TL - for the most part this job has good things about it and it has bad things about it which every job does , you just have to find what works for you .. so don’t get discouraged with all the reviews . Apply , get the job, and see what’s it like for yourself and you decide if you like it or not .. hope this review was helpful
Pros
Working from home, job advancement, management
Cons
Pay, the way CSATS are recorded, strict attendance policy
Well, where do I start on how negative and stressful working at home for Transcom is? Please take the time to read what I have to say below.
Work at Home Agent (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 16, 2018
I want to start by saying that I initially felt great about working for the company. They said they were the best place to grow and work your way up the ladder etc. You would get bonuses every month for showing up on time and you get to work from the comfort of your own home no silly office politics, all sweet right? Well what I experienced was the complete opposite of sweet.

Training was 5 weeks long. During which we went through a bunch of articles and power points. There was so much information and code numbers thrown at you it would make your head turn. Thankfully you are told you don't have to memorize everything. After only the first week of training we are told we would have to take real live phone calls and help customers. This was surprising because we barely knew what we were doing at that point but we were expected to fumble our way through call with a customer which is completely unfair to them that we get to waste their time. The whole training experience left a bad taste in my mouth and I was already feeling unsure about everything at that point.

By the time the 5 weeks are up and it is time to hit the floor you are placed on a team with a Team Lead who is pretty much your manager. Now here is where Transcom starts to become the stressful job I was talking about. Your Team Lead may not be available all the time. Even though it was me and my trainees first week on the job we often found ourselves left completely alone for days with no manager to talk to. The Team Leads are apparently in meetings 80% of the time or off doing who knows what so you are left
  more... completely alone. Your first week om the floor you are left feeling helpless as you take call after call from customers angry at you or their product not working.

Now that isn't even the worst part about all of this. The absolute worst part is the "metrics". You have to meet these arbitrary numbers every week/month and constantly show improvement or else you risk your job. These "metrics" control everything. Your bonus, your chance for advancement and even your job. Now okay I understand you need to track performance somehow. However the "metrics" are the must one sided unfair way to go about doing so. You have no control whatsoever of your "metrics". If you get what is called a DSAT you are already in trouble. The problem with the DSATS is that they are given to you by the customers. So unless you can satisfy them you risk getting that negative review which can put your job on the line. Even if the customer is upset at the product itself they may leave a bad review which will affect you. Also forget about that bonus because it is tied to the "metrics".

There are other standard call center "metrics" like call time etc. which is another one that is difficult to control because in a tech support job like this you will get those who cannot use technology and need help with every little thing and you end up guiding them through for an hour or even longer. To get to the point the "meteics" control your future and they are the thing that you will be micromanaged over. You will have people listening on your calls every day randomly just waiting for you to say one thing inaccurately to try and dicipline you. You will be hounded to keep these "metric" numbers low and you will be controlled by the whim of the customer through DSATS. Sounds stressful right? The point I am trying to make here is that you have no control over whether you will keep this job no matter how well you think you are performing because one bad review from one customer who is having a bad day will put you at risk of losing it. Also the other metrics contradict each other. You can't have one "metric" be low while trying to keep another "metric" high due to what each "metric" asks for.

Bottom line is that that you may think work at home is not stressful and you get to manage yourself but it is the opposite. You will be micromanaged, scrutinized and constantly be held under a magnifying glass. I won't say this is the worst job I have ever had but it is up there. Working at home is not worth all of this stress and fear of losing your job at any moment over a bad review.

Tl;dr-. Work for Transcom if you like being micromanaged over arbitrary numbers which can cost you your job and you can't entirely control. All while getting paid $8-9 less than what someone else in your industry would make and getting no raise, barely any paid/unpaid time off and working many hours a week.
Pros
Forced overtime if you are in it only for the money
Cons
Metrics, lack of support, low pay, low vacation, you can never call out sick or risk dicipline, no job security
Company is good as far as training and hours, but not promoted from within first.
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Work from homeNovember 12, 2018
The company is great at training. They provide equipment for work from home position. The only thing is the promotion of others over seniority or knowledge base.
Don't work here!
Advisor (Former Employee) –  work at homeOctober 31, 2018
If you like feeling like you're in prison, then this is the company for you. Miserable pay, no time off. Take your breaks and make sure you set your stop watch because they'll doc you if your 2 minutes late. And if you think you have a schedule, you don't. Schedules are changed with no prior notification. Surprise! it's not really your day off. A complete Mickey Mouse company. You even have to provide your own phone and headset and if the supplied keyboard or mouse breaks, you have to buy one to replace it.
Pros
Cons
everything
The most unprofessional company I've ever seen!
Tech Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Work from homeOctober 19, 2018
I really don't know where to start with this review because I have so much to say... I worked for Transcom for a few months. I was a Technical support advisor. In training, I was told about all of the amazing benefits and support the company had to offer. Well it didn't live up to it's expectations once training was over and I hit production.. I had perfect CSAT surveys for supporting the customers, which is great because that's what helps you get more of a bonus on your paycheck. But my last month with the company that changed, only because customer's would leave reviews, happy with the support I provided but not happy with their product in general. So if you get a bad CSAT survey and it's nothing you did wrong but the product itself, it STILL counts against you and your bonus! This is not right and Transcom needs to make changes to such a unorganized and unprofessional system! There is a disconnect between the training that the company offers you and the way your team lead will tell you to do certain things and how to handle certain situations. I was threatened multiple times to be but on a final warning for not doing things I was never taught to do or even told to do! How am I suppose to do something I was never even informed about? I would constantly be reminded all day long to sign up for overtime which did no good because I would then have to miss other days due to technical issues and be sent home and wait for the problem to be fixed which knocked me out of my overtime. To sum up this review, unless you want to be treated like you don't matter, constantly be put down  more... when doing your job correctly and lose confidence in your skills then STAY AWAY from this company!! The pay is NOT worth the stress you will have EVERYDAY! Find a job that truly cares about it's employees and doesn't make you feel like you are nothing to the company!  less
Pros
The customers
Cons
Unprofessionalism and lack of support from Management, the CSAT survey system, tech issues with equipment different programs!
Terrible training
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeOctober 8, 2018
My trainer was the most unprofessional person I have ever come across. All she did was talk about her personal life, then we would lose track of time so she would have to rush through the material. If you had any questions 9/10 they would be ignored because "we have been off track for too long and we have a lot to cover"
There were also a lot of system issues that when brought up early on in the day during her talk time, would be ignored so when you couldn't access that system and had to bring it up again, she would get mad and ask why you hadn't brought it up already. You would also be threatened that if your system, that the company supplied, didn't start working you would be forced to leave the program.
Pros
Cons
Training and equipment suck
Extremely low pay
Apple Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 8, 2018
You get paid around $2.50 less than other vendors with the same clients. And that's IF they manage to pay you, over half my training class had hours missing and wrong pay in general.

They lied about when benefits would kick in, they lied about pay and raises, they'll say anything to get you in there. There's forced "promotions" with no increase in pay.

If you have school or any life emergencies, forget about it. I asked if I could come into work 40 minutes later and stay 40 minutes longer for school. They said they would get back with me and never did, then when I quit they acted surprised this was even an issue; they forgot about my request I submitted several times.
Pros
work from home
Cons
short breaks, brutal QA, low pay, no work life balance
Don’t Do this to yourself!!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 4, 2018
I worked with Transcom 4 months before I decided to quit!! I tried to give it a chance but it was so draining!! Worked 8 hours a day but it was so draining it felt like all day long! Management is not good!! It’s always miscommunication!! There is morning, split, and night schedules! I worked nights!! It was like 18 of us with like a call volume of at least 1800-2000 people so the calls were non stop! Some times we would get lucky and it would go up to 30ppl on phones to take calls.We would get new people and they wouldn’t last a week, I’m still surprised at how long I lasted working for them! Supervisors would push back calls on advisors just not to take them. You are cross trained with no raise. Your TLs change frequently and some of them are not trained well enough! The good thing is that you work from home but if you are a mother, please look for something better because I was so mentally drained, my house became neglected and didn’t even have the energy to help my kids with their homework! Believe me this job ain’t WORTH it!!
Pros
Work At Home
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transcom. Our community is ready to answer.