Transcom
66Average

Transcom Employee Reviews

United States323 reviews
Good Company
I worked for Transcom temporarily for a grocery delivery account, and while the training was quick and I was nervous about it, I caught on pretty quickly. The account ended early, but not due to Transcom's fault, but the delivery company's decision to end it early. We were offered the chance to apply for a permanent position and given priority to interview, which I thought was very fair. I'm looking forward to working for them permanently and seeing how it goes.
Great company to work for!
It’s a great company to work for they’ve been amazing during the Covid pandemic they’ve worked around my schedule I’ve never felt more a part of a community working for Transcom and appreciated as well
Great pay, sometimes difficult job
There are shift options such as 8 hours, 10 hours, or split shifts. Once you choose, and your situation changes, it's almost impossible to get a shift change.
Training is 5 weeks total, and does provide a lot of valuable information.

The job can be stressful as you are answering calls from customers with any number or type of issue. You have to discern if their problem is something in your own scope of support and assist them. If not, then you need to know what department they need to go to, whether you can cold transfer there, and what information to gather before transferring. It can be intense, and you have to be able to handle a constant influx of calls, never knowing what temperament is on the other end.

I am on a contract where 98% of the customers are pretty awesome. The other 2% are the yelling, demanding, accusing type and it can be hurtful sometimes. You have to learn not to take it personally.

You are expected to keep within certain metrics, like how long you take on calls, but they use an average, so even if you get a few long calls, the short ones will even it out.

There is constant ongoing training, although some has been halted by the COVID-19 crisis.

My biggest issue is having to stay seated for my 10 hour shifts. I like to move around and so this part is not working out for me. Otherwise, the job is great with plenty of pay and benefits, random raises, raises every time you train for another position, and tons of help if you get stuck on an issue. There's PTO and UPTO, plus monthly bonuses just for doing your job well.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, fully remote, they send you most of the equipment (buy your own headset $10-25), paid short breaks for the job, several weeks of training
Cons
Pay is bi-weekly, job can be tough as it's customer service and tech support, must stay in office and seated most of the day
Easy work but no security
They said to us we'd be working on a 90 day project but only ended up doing about 30 days before being laid off. absolutely 0 job security and the "Team leaders" were a joke.
Easy Job
This was a very easy job and only took a couple calls a day. However, at first I was told I was going to be doing chats then they changed me to calls without notice. The training sucked, it was short and last minute training and we didn't learn much and got thrown out to fend for ourselves. they terminated the contract early and we lost our jobs. Extremely last minute. However, I did enjoy working for Transom for the time being.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Good Experience
The negative reviews sound like people who have bad attitudes. If you come into this job with a good attitude you will enjoy it. I was hired for a major grocery delivery client at the beginning of quarantine. Training is quick and a bit intimidating but once you accomplish it keep a positive attitude going into your first day on the phones. We (my team) we’re terrified the first day but after a few days we enjoyed it as it becomes natural and easy. My team lead from the Philippines and my team was awesome! We helped each other and enjoyed it. Wish there was a guarantee of becoming permanent which was the only reason I had to leave early.
Easy to work from home
I enjoy working for this company. There's not much to say, it's like most work from home positions. The difference is the tools required to work from home are exceptional. Making it easier to work independently.
Not to be trusted
During this pandemic, I’ve been working really hard to find a decent paying job working from home. I have over 15 years of customer service experience and this by far was the worst for me. Transcom offered me a job and with very short notice requested a I-9 form be filled out. Normal but they wanted you to fill out a non fillable print out. No capability to fill out without printing out and scanning it back I did everything I could have o do the best of my ability only for them to turn around and not offer me the job c I didn’t fill out the form the way they wanted. Although I had already informed them I didn’t have access to a printer or scanner. I have no idea where my personal information was given off to.
Enviroment
Its a place with little to no flexibility unless you have been their awhile. Pay was poor for the verbal harassment we had to deal with when talking to customers. No feel of togetherness with coworkers.
Fun workplace and really excellent and good management
Day at work starts at 9AM to 7PM. And that is really great colleagues and team leaders, it was an pleasure to work with them. And about HR and other managers I have to say only good things.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Transcom?
What i learned
At this company I would learn how to maneuver threw a computer and help better my people skills. I would learn the ins and outs of the company every day always something new to learn in life.
Great Space
I enjoyed my time at Transcom and if you put the work it you will too. I enjoyed my time as a mentor and CSR, the training process is easy as well....
Don't waste your time
This company shuffles you into training like a bull in a herd. Their trainers are the overly enthusiastic type making you feel like you're going to love your job. Then once you are out of training, you are constantly coached making you feel like you're doing everything wrong. The managers are horrible. They tell you the coaching rooms are recorded but when it comes to being personally attacked by a manager, all of a sudden they can't find the recording? Highly unethical managers and definitely not worth the wage they pay you which is lower than minimum wage in some states. There is an extremely high employee turnover rate so take that as a hint.
Termination
This company uses tricks to get out of paying for unemployment. If a team leader thinks you are going to bring down their overall rating they will refuse you on their team. Without a team you can't work.
Pros
You get to work from home.
Cons
They do not support their employees.
fast pace job with a ping pong table
customer service calls handling issues with services and scheduling new services, taking credit card information to process payments and confirming schedule times for service
No Job Security
Providing service for a highly reputable company but this company does not hold standards the same as the contractor. I had great metrics and showed up for work but they decided to throw in a shift bid and the time that I had planned in advance to be off then was not preplanned time because of the time limits which then granted me over my attn points allowed and they removed me from the program. Life balance is no where in affect with this company and no job security as well for someone who works daily, preplans absences and works 40+ hrs a week. Job security would be a main focus. Not interested in agents who want a career.
Great job
I enjoy working here for a year lots of over time support when you need it great when it comes to being sick just all together a awesome job if you looking for a work at home job I will definitely recommend working her.
Used to be good, now terrible don’t waste your time
I worked for 2 clients for this company over the course of 2 1/2 years. My first client I started off as an agent, I went to supervisor, then team leader manager with a 30k salary. Everything was more than great, the management was amazing and taught me how to go above and beyond for my team to keep the satisfaction level up and prevent attrition. That client ended our contract after 2 years due to not wanting work from home in general anymore. The second client I stepped down from management to become an agent again, to work for a company I had always dreamed of working for, that company was great however the team for this client was the worst I had ever seen in my life management wise. They messed up my schedule and absolutely refused to fix my completely flopped schedule. I quit my second job to try and hold on but it got much much worse, I never had a manager. Literally everyone but me had a manager so I could not get anything done. They acted like we were numbers instead of people, not like the people from my first client. (Which by the way they let go because of either country or pay difference, they let go of the best people in the company possibly the only people that knew what they were doing and left us with absolute bottom of the barrel trash) don’t do it guys, trust me I don’t think anyone has been as deep in the company as myself and so fast, to this day I have the longest article in the companies system out of anyone in the company about how I was so amazing at my job. Unless you absolutely have no options left, if you plan on having any kind of decent schedule, - more...
High attrition rate
Management is hyper focused on numbers. Does not provide enough support to help agents who have low performance. Will outsource work at the drop of a dime.
No stability
Not much opportunity for promotion. Stressful work with little work life balance. Company expects loyalty from employees but does not offer to reciprocate.
Good people to work for, but just got tired of doing the same routine.
Did both inbound and outbound telemarketing and telecommunicating. I had a variety of assignments. I liked the work but just got burned out. Nice working environment.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transcom. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

5.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.