Great pay, sometimes difficult job
There are shift options such as 8 hours, 10 hours, or split shifts. Once you choose, and your situation changes, it's almost impossible to get a shift change.
Training is 5 weeks total, and does provide a lot of valuable information.
The job can be stressful as you are answering calls from customers with any number or type of issue. You have to discern if their problem is something in your own scope of support and assist them. If not, then you need to know what department they need to go to, whether you can cold transfer there, and what information to gather before transferring. It can be intense, and you have to be able to handle a constant influx of calls, never knowing what temperament is on the other end.
I am on a contract where 98% of the customers are pretty awesome. The other 2% are the yelling, demanding, accusing type and it can be hurtful sometimes. You have to learn not to take it personally.
You are expected to keep within certain metrics, like how long you take on calls, but they use an average, so even if you get a few long calls, the short ones will even it out.
There is constant ongoing training, although some has been halted by the COVID-19 crisis.
My biggest issue is having to stay seated for my 10 hour shifts. I like to move around and so this part is not working out for me. Otherwise, the job is great with plenty of pay and benefits, random raises, raises every time you train for another position, and tons of help if you get stuck on an issue. There's PTO and UPTO, plus monthly bonuses just for doing your job well.
Great pay and benefits, fully remote, they send you most of the equipment (buy your own headset $10-25), paid short breaks for the job, several weeks of training
Pay is bi-weekly, job can be tough as it's customer service and tech support, must stay in office and seated most of the day