Transcom Employee Reviews

Terrible training
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeOctober 8, 2018
My trainer was the most unprofessional person I have ever come across. All she did was talk about her personal life, then we would lose track of time so she would have to rush through the material. If you had any questions 9/10 they would be ignored because "we have been off track for too long and we have a lot to cover"
There were also a lot of system issues that when brought up early on in the day during her talk time, would be ignored so when you couldn't access that system and had to bring it up again, she would get mad and ask why you hadn't brought it up already. You would also be threatened that if your system, that the company supplied, didn't start working you would be forced to leave the program.
Pros
Cons
Training and equipment suck
Extremely low pay
Apple Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 8, 2018
You get paid around $2.50 less than other vendors with the same clients. And that's IF they manage to pay you, over half my training class had hours missing and wrong pay in general.

They lied about when benefits would kick in, they lied about pay and raises, they'll say anything to get you in there. There's forced "promotions" with no increase in pay.

If you have school or any life emergencies, forget about it. I asked if I could come into work 40 minutes later and stay 40 minutes longer for school. They said they would get back with me and never did, then when I quit they acted surprised this was even an issue; they forgot about my request I submitted several times.
Pros
work from home
Cons
short breaks, brutal QA, low pay, no work life balance
Don’t Do this to yourself!!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 4, 2018
I worked with Transcom 4 months before I decided to quit!! I tried to give it a chance but it was so draining!! Worked 8 hours a day but it was so draining it felt like all day long! Management is not good!! It’s always miscommunication!! There is morning, split, and night schedules! I worked nights!! It was like 18 of us with like a call volume of at least 1800-2000 people so the calls were non stop! Some times we would get lucky and it would go up to 30ppl on phones to take calls.We would get new people and they wouldn’t last a week, I’m still surprised at how long I lasted working for them! Supervisors would push back calls on advisors just not to take them. You are cross trained with no raise. Your TLs change frequently and some of them are not trained well enough! The good thing is that you work from home but if you are a mother, please look for something better because I was so mentally drained, my house became neglected and didn’t even have the energy to help my kids with their homework! Believe me this job ain’t WORTH it!!
Pros
Work At Home
Cons
Everything else
Call center
At Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIOctober 1, 2018
very anxious work, hectic. half the management didnt know what was going on, real quick to give employees poor QA scores . Training wasnt good enough, was left wondering how to do most of the job for the first month
Pros
worked from home
Cons
everything else
ambiente de trabajo saturado
Asesor de ventas (Former Employee) –  limaOctober 1, 2018
me desempeñe en la venta de lineas móviles y atencion al cliente para público chileno peruano y mexicano pero la gestión de trabajo era muy saturado hay dias que teniamos amanecidas casi 3 veces a la semana el cual me perjudicaba con los horarios de clase
Please read before applying
Work from Home Agent (Former Employee) –  HomeSeptember 29, 2018
This review will be kind of lengthy but I wanted to be as detailed as possible for those who are really considering working for transcom so you know exactly what you're getting into.

The job seemed great at first. They even mail you your own Mac to use for work and all you have to do is buy a phone, have an active landline as well as high speed internet. Training is 5 weeks. Three weeks of classroom training and two weeks of nesting. You would think 5 weeks would be enough to prepare you for the job but it doesn't even come close. Most trainers will even tell you that Apple is the hardest campaign to get into. After 1 month of working in production I can honestly tell you working from home isn't all it's cracked up to be.

In the beginning they are very supportive and will make you feel like they have your back. This is true during training but changes very quickly when you get into production. To put it simply the training is an absolute joke. You sit at your computer in a Blackboard room with your co-workers while your trainer goes over modules and slideshows. During training you will have to take about 15-20 tests but it's still won't prepare you for what's coming. Its more like a crash course.

Now I've worked in about 5 different call center campaign's and I've never seen anything like this before. Initially when training starts they make it seem like you won't start taking calls until the nesting period but this is a lie. They make you take calls on your sixth day of training even though everyone is brand new and barely knows what their doing let alone how to navigate
  more... the systems. They call it Mentor sessions and there are about four of them during the classroom training period where your expected to take calls for 2-4 hours. They do assign you a mentor to help out if you get lost on a call but it's not very helpful since most of the time they end up telling you exactly what to do instead of letting you learn the call flow.

This is very counterproductive in my opinion. Why would you force your agents to get on the phone after only 5 days of training? And then the customer has to suffer because they're forced to speak to an agent who's barely out of the gate. Apple's whole philosophy on training basically goes like this... we can't teach you everything about iOS but we will teach you how to find the answers through articles. Well that's all fine and dandy but it doesn't help when the customer has a question you should know but since the training is so lackluster you have to dig through articles and basically hunt for an answer. This can cause the customer to lose faith in your support very quickly and ask for a supervisor.

If you're going to force your agents to take calls during classroom training at least give them enough time to learn the systems and get familiar with the content before feeding them to the sharks. One of the girls in my class actually broke down on her first call and had a panic attack because she didn't know what to do. That's sad and should tell you something.

Once you complete your training and graduate into production it gets worse. When I left training I knew what I was doing and had a good understanding of what was expected of me but I didn't feel like I was really ready for the job. Most everyone feels this way because the training is so short and no where near good enough to prepare you for the job. Classroom training should be 5 weeks not 3. There's too much content to cover and barely any time to spend going over it. Transcom argues against this stating if they were to teach you everything about iOS training would take months, which is a load of bull; just increase it a few weeks and I guarantee you your Apple advisors will feel much more comfortable in the roles they're expected to play.

In production I chose to work four 10 hour days and in doing so I would have three days off during the week which is awesome. The only problem is OVERTIME IS MANDATORY. This is something that was not discussed with us at any point during training. They only tell you overtime is available if you want it. But once you get into production they start harassing you about it every single day.

Every day for the last 2 weeks our team lead was telling everyone they had to sign up for overtime even if it was just 30 minutes everyday. Well I already work 10-hour days I'm not trying to add on to that. I chose to work four 10-hour days so I could have a third day off during the week and have time for other projects. What's the point of that if you're just going to force me to work overtime against my will? And if you don't sign up for overtime they will write you up and assign it to you anyway. Now how is that any way to treat your advisors? I myself am not a parent but several advisors working from home are and have children to take care of and simply can't work overtime.

Not to mention if you or a member of your family gets sick even if you provide a doctor's note you still get a point for it. If you have a power outage and can prove it with documentation you still get a point. So even though you may get sick or your power or Internet may be out you still get punished for things that are completely out of your control. One night I was working and somebody hit a power line and the entire block I live on lost power for about 2 hours leaving me unable to finish my shift. Even though I had my electric company fax over documents stating the power was out in my area that entire time I still got half a point for it because I didn't finish my shift. Like what's the point of going through the trouble to prove I had a power outage if you're still going to point me for it?

Let me tell you a little bit about CSATS and DSATS. A CSAT is a satisfied customer survey. A DSAT is a dissatisfied survey. It's all a part of your metrics and you have to maintain a CSAT score of 85% in order to meet that metric as well as qualify for a monthly bonus. CSAT is one of the most ridiculous metrics I've ever seen in a call center environment. So basically if you provide great customer service but the customer is mad at Apple or the situation they can still give you a DSAT and it still counts against you. I had a CSAT score of 100% after 2 weeks in production. Had two DSATS come in and bring my score down to 50%. Anytime you get a DSAT they are required to go over the call and Coach you afterwards.

Well both QA and my team lead went over the DSATs and determined I did nothing wrong but because it's a DSAT it still counts against my score and if I don't have any CSATS that come in by the end of the month to up my score I won't meet my metric which will lead them to put me on an action plan plus no hope for a $200 monthly bonus even if my other metrics are fine and I have perfect attendance.

So basically if they determine you did everything right and it wasn't your fault it still affects you but it shouldn't. As a company that deals with call center business they should know that you're not going to be able to satisfy every single customer. But if you're doing everything by the book the way you should be it SHOULD NOT count against you or disqualify you from a nice bonus. Where's the incentive to work hard when you barely have any control and one of your metrics can either make or break you?

After 1 month of production I'm calling it quits and mailing all this stuff back to Transcom. This job is too demanding and Apple's policies don't make it any easier. Working from the comfort of your own home is literally the only benefit I can think of when it comes to this job. Everything else is a nightmare. My training class originally had 23 people but by the time we finished there were only 14 left which should tell you something.

I hope this has been informative for anyone that is considering working for transcom. If you do decide to work here just be aware that you will not be prepared to work by the time you leave training and you will have little to no support afterwards. Coaching sessions are a joke since you only meet with your team lead for about 20 minutes every week. You can talk to chat support if you need help on a call but most of the time it takes them forever to respond and come back with an answer which leads you to having extremely long hold times.

I don't recommend this job to anyone who values their sanity and mental well-being. It seems great at first but it will literally suck the life out of you. Transcom and Apple both need to reconsider their training program as it is not adequate enough to prepare their advisors for field work.
Pros
Working at home thats about it
Cons
Insufficient training, Overtime is mandatory, metrics are a joke, you're punished for any time missed even if its out of your control, little to no support in production
Refused to pay me. Poor training.
At home agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2018
The training is very poor. They literally show you a bunch of powerpoint slides and then throw you on the phone. I quit and they refused to pay my final check even though I returned all equipment in a VERY timely manner. I am currently seeking legal action to recover my final paycheck. This review is a warning. This company is not worth the investment of time and is poorly administrated.
Pros
Hr is responsive to concerns
Cons
They refuse to pay employees
Busy company with lots of recruits
Work from Home agent for Apple (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeSeptember 12, 2018
Busy company with good clients, management is a bit stressed and might not respond as fast as possible to employee requirements, they do loose a lot of people every day.
Pros
pay on time and opportunity for advancement
Cons
not a hole lot of transparency
productive
Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 8, 2018
Great Place to work!! starting off in customer service field
awesome people to work with as well. very customer service oriented place at my time of employment we were doing customer service for Directtv
Do not work here
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeSeptember 6, 2018
Transcom is the worst at home company I have worked for. The pay is not comparable to the other work from home jobs that do the same technical support job - transcom pays less and charges more for health insurance. I made it through the training and my trainer was so uninformed and disorganized getting on the phones was a mess because no one was prepared and had no idea what they were doing. I ran into some technical issues with my computer where the power cord would not stay in the computer. I did troubleshooting with IT and was let go today with no warning after being told a new power cord would be sent. My computer would not stay powered on unless I held the power cord into the back of the computer - IT blamed it on me instead of doing any REAL troubleshooting. Do NOT work for this company. Convegy's, Concentrix, KElly Services, Conduent pay more and offer more room for growth and advancement than this company. They training is way more organized. TRanscom is a JOKE
Cons
Hypocritical Liars Wearing Masks, Making You Feel 'Special', But Letting The System Eat You Alive!
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 3, 2018
* Rushed Training
* Never A Straight Answer
* Status Game
* Told That We Would Be Paid $200 EXTRA Per Month Just By Showing Up To Work, But This Was A Lie. You Needed Perfect Stats + Perfect Attendance... This Means "Not Logging In 1-2 Minutes Late".
Pros
Working from home, they provide you a system.
Cons
Get moved from 'team to team' and go into multiple trainings way too quickly.
Write up threats everyday
Work at Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Work from homeAugust 31, 2018
This company does not care about you. During training they make you think that everything is awesome and that you are valued. During production you will feel differently. This job is not a joke there will be at least 15 tests during training and still you wont be prepared for whats coming.

During production pray you get a nice team lead I was unlucky and got a jerk one who threatens with write ups everyday. I am serious! All the managers are trying to one up each-other because that is the only way you can advance in this company. Kiss lots of butts and step on whomever you have to.

The pay is very low you might as well apply to the company Transcom works for and make a lot more money.

Working from home is great but the way they schedule you feels like you are working all day.

The reviews ARE TRUE!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Everything else
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 19, 2018
Good pay quarterly raises quite face paced environment I took customers bill payments upgraded or downgraded services and I would trouble shoot cable over the phone
Stressful for those that do care.
T2 iOS Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2018
The job was great I didn't want to leave. When I started it was just T1 iOS then you were trained for mac support. I was fine with this, happy was going to stay forever.

Earlier this year they acquired the T2 contract and are able to promote people to T2. Okay, awesome, go guys. The problem I had was that it is a REQUIREMENT to be a T2 agent after you are there so long. This I don't agree with. T2 are supposed to be supervisor roles. When a cx asks for a supervisor they get you. This should NOT be a mandatory position. T2 should be applied for and when an employee expresses concern and tells you that they are not ready they should NOT be forced to move up the said ladder for next to no increase in pay.
Pros
Work from home, equipment is provided
Cons
Pushed into management rather you're, ready or not, stressful, unorganized
would not work there
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 13, 2018
would not work here... required too much overtime. Too much expected without the correct training. Need to provide more training if that much more is expected
Transcom will suck your life blood
Customer Service Tech2 (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2018
Stay away from this company at all costs! They constantly degrade you and nit pick. They micro manage their micro managing. Pay is horrible and they nit pick so much that their employees end up on anti-anxiety drugs. Avoid this company at all costs! The State of California will not allow them to do business in their state that should tell you something. The State of Nevada will allow anyone to do business there! That is why they are there.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Everything!
Transom Work From Home Review
Work from Home Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 7, 2018
Great company but work hrs horrible do not have time for personal life .
Trainers need more training. but overall good company.
Have the ability to work from home is great.
Pros
Work from home, great benefits
Cons
no time in personal life
Great to work from home with, but no advancement
iOS, Mac and Account Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 7, 2018
This company has some issues with high turnover rates. There are many policies in place that do not allow you to move. QA is hired from overseas and their QA evaluators have some serious issues understanding call flow. The management, from top to bottom, proved to be very dishonest to me. I was very disappointment as I was given long spills about them only promoting internally. I found out this was not the case when I was mentoring people that had just been hired from outside of the company for positions that we applied for. This is a legit company that does have jobs.
Pros
Competitive pay, sends equipment, bonuses
Cons
No room for advancement, no annual raises, required landline
Management Terrible.
United States Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 4, 2018
Manager making a hostile workplace because he was lying and not showing up to work. Benefits were not enough, training department didnt have the supplies they needed
Apply at convergys instead
Home agent iOS/ Mac + (Current Employee) –  Home AgentAugust 2, 2018
They sell you a big dream in the beginning but never follow through. There are competitors that offer the same position but pay more such as converges who starts off at $13 an hour. In the beginning they tell you you have PTO but you don’t . They often change your schedule at the last minute and write you up if you can’t comply. They promised you a raise after 90 days but you never receive it. However after 90 days they add on to your position but not your pay. You start off as an iOS advisor but they move you up to Mac no pay increase. They offer health dental and vision but they health benefits are they expensive . You regularly have to do training and take test at the end of each module if you fail the tests you are written up.
Pros
Being able to work from home
Cons
Pay, work life balance, hours, metrics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transcom. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about