Transcon Environmental
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Transcon Environmental Employee Reviews

United States3 reviews
I was hired on as an "experimental" full time employee as a bio tech, only to really be hired on as an "on call" employee. I constantly saw ads for the bio tech position open, so I figured there must be a ton of work. Unfortunately that is not the case, especially in the winter. If you don't work for some amount of time you are seemingly forgotten about and even contacting the hiring staff won't get you anywhere other than a "sorry, we are in a slow period right now, check back later" response. This is even more frustrating as I still constantly see ads for my position being flown, and yet I am here still out of work.
This is your typical start into an archaeology career. Available work is determined on need and whether or not the company is hired to do a job. I was hired at the end of summer and was able to get a good 2 1/2 weeks worth of work for the whole year, so a second, very flexible, second job is a must if you are caring for your own.
Pros
Work outdoors, friendly coworkers, relaxed environment
Cons
Not enough work
After I was hired, my job description and the things I was told I would work on changed. There is extreme miscommunication and power struggles between the offices, which unfortunately affects most of the new hires or lower level workers. Projects would be changed at random daily. Meetings would be randomly scheduled with no respect to things you are working on currently. Often the CEO would not show up and/or be unreachable. Not being able to get even one proposals bid would mean a severe lack of money and several employees would be let go.
Pros
Coworkers were very nice
Cons
poor compensation, severe lack of management, power struggles, unclear direction, communication
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transcon Environmental. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7