TransCore Employee Reviews

Mindless work
Image Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  HoustonAugust 6, 2018
If you are really really desperate and need a job, then i'd say take this job. I was the weekend crew and for 8-10 hours per day (SAT SUN) you literally do the same function. look at license plate. type license plate. Theres no life at the job site, theres always people quitting and arriving its very depressing. incentives would be an extra 20 bucks for averaging a certain amount of license plater per hour for the whole week or total shift. Its easy, but If you are the type person who need some kind of human interaction or any kind of change or movement, then this isn't the place for you. I'm not exaggerating. The only thing I can think of to make it bearable it apply with a friend, or put your iPhone screen on low brightness and watch conspiracy videos on youtube to keep interested in something. First time in my life where I actually looked forward to Mondays. BE CAREFUL IF YOU DECIDE TO BE ON YOUR PHONE. Also to the people who do this for the whole week shift, may God help you find something better.
Pros
Cons
honestly i get very depressed just driving to the place.
Prodcutive work place
Image Review Clerk (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MAAugust 5, 2018
Transcore works with the city to generate and process imaging for the mass tolls. It is a quite environment with basic data entry. I would recommend this position to anyone who is looking for an opportunity to experience an office setting.
Pros
Ice cream day
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Honestly, this is the best company I've ever worked for.
TransCore Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 1, 2018
This is a fast paced efficient company; our standards are 99% availability for all toll equipment. I'm just looking to see if there is a position elsewhere that will keep me challenged and bring more personal satisfaction.
Pros
Company vehicle, phone, laptop
Cons
Differences between departments, pay scale
Good company
Network Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 24, 2018
Transcore has been good to me. Gave me lots of experience and training with yearly raises. Management staff is caring and looks at the human aspect and not just the profit.
Travel road
Supervisor / Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Southborough, MAJuly 17, 2018
A lot of travel in car work. Drove 4 to 5 hours a day to several different locations to perform and inspect work and quality of work of co workers. On call 8 to 12 days a month for a 24 / 7 business job operation.
Pros
company car
Cons
Too many on call hours
Horrible work experience
Data Entry Image Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2018
Night shift is convenient it you have goals to attend to during the day. Location is easily accessible for northwest of city. Weekly pay periods.

Overly micro managed environment! The office has cameras everywhere and supervisors are instructed to watch staff as if this is the Federal Reserve full of cash. This is probably the site managers (D.L) 1st real management role and his management style is not effective. High turnover rate...they can't keep employees more than 3 months...many often quit after a few days. Not sure how they keep contracts and cant keep employees.

The back of the office is split with call center and production staff. The call center should have their own space due to most of the women being loud, unprofessional, and completely obnoxious. The call center supervisor has a bad attitude and more than likely never managed before either.

I wouldn't recommend employment here for more than 3 months. This is definitely somewhere you come only for a couple months of quick cash.
Decent temp job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2018
This is a temp job, most employees have been there for less than 3 months. My shift was 3:30 to 1am. The office manager does a good job of explaining how the system works. The job is very simple, you enter license plates into the system the entire time. Its very tedious repetitive work, but if you have good music and podcasts you kind of just zone out because the data entry becomes second nature. They give you two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute break. I made around 400/week working 45 hours per week.
Pros
Listening to music, easy job
Cons
Repetitive work, uncomfortable chairs
Productive, Cool, and Enjoyable Environment
Maintenance ITS Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2018
- Management is fair, flexible, and will help you.
- Workplace culture lay back but everyone works and help each other.
- The hardest part of the job is waking up to going to work for 3:30am.
Work Enviroment
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 11, 2018
Transcore is a great place to work and If I leave will be not due to anything caused by the company. They provide many opportunities for professional growth. The provide a college tuition refunds for employees that want to study. I started working for Transcore as a contractor toll technician and have moved on to two different positions during my time working for them.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Not located where my family lives.
Mixed review
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 8, 2018
The people working there are the best people ever. The benefits for contract workers are poor. They tend to use temp agencies that will not offer the best benefits. The company is great if you can finally get hired in which may depend on an opening being available. The work in good and interesting. The culture is good. Management is normally good. I had 4 different managers while working there and all were great except one. He was eventually fired and no longer works for the company. If you are needing work this place is where you should go. The job security is good as well.
Pros
Job Security, Job culture
Cons
pay and benefits for contractor only.
Productive and fun
computer service technician (Former Employee) –  Manhatten, FLJune 5, 2018
Transcore is a good place to work.
work days consist of monitoring traffic lane
Work is very hard but it is ingaging.
shift was over nights so not much goes on but it still kept on your toes
Lazy or hostile management
Tolling System Auditor, Triage Organizer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2018
As long as you keep your head down and do your work you'll get paid. Most managers won't pay attention to anything and let the people under them do all the work. Otherwise you'll have a manager who is very hostile. Don't expect advancement or decent pay for the work you do.
Pros
You can be lazy and still keep your job.
Cons
If you complain about hostile managers they'll fire you rather than allow an HR paper trail.
Unfortunate changes occurred........
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 15, 2018
I would still love to be with TransCore, but the company lost their contract with the Illinois Tollway and relocation was not an option that I would be comfortable with.
Pros
Management, Industry knowledge.
Indeeds mandatory review
Ananomous (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 7, 2018
Overall, not a bad place. Just depends on where you are in the organization and functional area you are part of. One must remember that this is an engineering design and manufacturing firm and that is their focus and as such, those are the areas that are the focus of this business.
Pros
Never had to sacrafice massive hours, except on a few urgent situations
Cons
Not much negative
Fun and friendly staff
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAApril 17, 2018
Answering phone calls throughout the day, helping customers to troubleshoot issues with their accounts. I learned how to master multitasking. Even though space were limited we were all too busy attending to our customers needs to find time to gossip which is good. No acknowledgments for good performance.
Pros
Paid traning
This company was awful
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clifton Forge, VAApril 10, 2018
The management at Transcore was absolutely horrible. The accounting manager was a pain and didn't care about anyone but her own advancement. She treated people like dirt.
No never again
Administrative Team Member (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 4, 2018
Poor compensation. Inability to grow. Only deal with angry toll customers all day. The job isn't something i would ever go back to again. There is no ability to live on what is made at this job.
Nice place to work
Materials Preparation (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 11, 2018
Part time job, paid pretty well. The people there were nice to work with. Sometimes work was a little slow, just depends on the current project or time of year.
It was a great place to get work experience.
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 5, 2018
I really don't have much to say i think the review summary says it all. But i guess i have to keep typing so that this screen will go away. I don't know why you would do this.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Hmmm
Contracted Company for TDOT
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 7, 2018
Good company and good management. Was tasked with installing and fixing switch connectivity connecting various cctv, radar, and electronic interstate signs around the I-240, I-55, and I-40 interstate system in Memphis and West Memphis. The culture was good as most of the employees worked well together and helped each other out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransCore. Our community is ready to answer.