TransCore Employee Reviews

Bad atmosphere
Processor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2019
Management requires numbers to be reached but dont supply a ergonamic friendly environment. Other reps who move up to a vehicle review status, become so full of themselves they talk about other reps regarding their work. Too much info is available to higher reps that should only be seen by management. Ie... review of data who did what. Tab needs to be disabled from reps view to help stop the harrassment
good company to work for
System Administrator V - Network engineer (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 25, 2019
decent benefits and pay
balanced work load that still allows one to take care of his/her family.
flexible scheduling and reasonable accomodations made to help employees.
I hated this place.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAJanuary 24, 2019
I generally don't use the word hate. This place you are under paid and get no credit you can work long hours and work on weekends for over time and get nothing out of it.
Disorganized
Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 10, 2019
Low quality management and supervision, if you are a high grade technician you must dummy up it fit in. No trending of repeating, recurring failures. No maintenance data available to technicians. Management by perception and word of mouth, not by measurement.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Low pay, no recognition
Run Down Company
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXDecember 30, 2018
Where to begin...this company was not professional in any capacity. The site manager knew this and decided to voice all of our complaints in his own words to the upper management at corporate office. Apparently all we wanted was back scaled benefit costs...yeah right. Made barely minimum wage and was expected to perform the work of at least 4 people. Pay raises were non-existent and there were frequent hiring freezes.
Road positions are easy..(this review is only related to that)
Technician (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHDecember 12, 2018
The "road techs" respond to Turnpike Toll Plazas as needed when the toll system screws-up, so much of the time absolutely nothing is required except the most basic work that takes very little time; PM is required, but is rarely actually done. So much of your time is spent sitting around somewhere. You are unsupervised, so it's up to you what to do. Company vehicle is provided, and you get a gas card. Though one of the guys carried around a 5-gallon gas can that he would fill his personal vehicle with, I don't recommend that and did not do it myself.
It is unlikely to find a position there, as the hiring is done first on a "Friends and Family" basis.
Pros
No supervision.
Cons
No supervision.
Great Job but very unpredictable
Technician (Former Employee) –  miramerDecember 12, 2018
Working on expressway overpass removing old cable and equipment from overhead gantry replacing them for new. Cutting roads to lay trigger wire underneath and running them to service room for and connections. A lot of traveling.
Decent company to work for
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2018
I personally enjoy working at TransCore because my daily tasks were clear and management had faith that my duties would be completed by the end of my shift. The workload is very unique so carrying over my knowledge of tolling equipment is very limited. The downside to working there was that opportunity to advance was scarce and transferring departments had its difficulties due to management. Another problem is that new procedures were implemented witch dissolved a few of the perks, such as boot allowance and tool purchases. There is a great opportunity to travel with the company, however at times the duration is unknown and no company credit cards are provided.

Final statement is that, if I were to leave, it would be on good terms to ensure my best chances of returning to this minimally stressful job.
Pros
lack of micro management, opportunities to learn, tuition reimbursement, benefits
Cons
limited growth from within, few incentives to advance
Serious work place no time for goofing off
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2018
I work on Sat and Sun only. My manager has a tough job to do and he does a good one. People know the nature of the business when the are hired because the are informed of what is expected. The way I look at it is it is nothing but a business decision nothing personal.
Pros
Place is very clean. Quiet environment when working
Cons
Hard to request days off
enjoyable
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Southbridge, MANovember 23, 2018
I enjoyed my job at Transcore although it could be difficult at times,being on call, it was valuable learning experience always learning new technology.

Want to know more about TransCore?

Ask a question
Highly recommend
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2018
You can learn so much in this job, even though it's simple ultra mega hyper repetitive. What you really learn is, how to keep a pace, it helps your typing/processing skills every second you're working; high high paced work.
Recommended for those who like to challenge themselves, if you just want to learn a cool useful skill work for 3 months (1 season) and even thought you can get what you'll do the first 5 minutes of your first day, it takes a season to be really crafty. After there's really not much you can get out of this job, except try fun to beat your best day.
Facilities are great, provide coffee, tea, and water for all; very well equipped with basic necessities.
Good working standards, with respectable and caring managers.
Software is outdated, and company will not make changes when a recommendation is suggested.
Pros
Great facilities, clean everything! Flexible clock in/out.
Cons
Will test your spirit.
Ok
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAOctober 22, 2018
I think this is an ok company. We were on a tough project that was not going well due to issues at bid time. We received little support from corporate, and I felt like an outsider after the project was complete.
Pros
Little red tape
Cons
Stressful project.
The Manhattan Location was a great place to work!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2018
I worked at TransCore for about 12 + years. It was a great experience the staff and management in the New York office were very friendly, and helpful.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Traveling to Manhattan
Stressful place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  East Boston, maSeptember 27, 2018
Poor management. Leadership is very arogant. Not well oeganized. Supervisors need to treat employees as humans, not as robots or objects that are there only to do a job. The shifts can be improved and more reliable.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, not well organized. Poor management and leadership.
Good company to work for.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 22, 2018
Fair, honest team. Flexible work shifts, and lunch breaks. Growing company so there are good opportunities to expand your career. Good benifits and positive team environment.
Needs more employee appreciation
ITS Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2018
Somewhat laid back under certain managers.
Some managers don't communicate very well.
Most difficult part of the job was advancing to new/higher position.
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 20, 2018
Working with the supply room supervisor was great. Working there for a short period of time was okay. I have nothing bad to say about transcore. The supply warehouse is a little too small and needs organizing.
Grate place to work
Extradition Agent (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 20, 2018
This is a good place to work they care about the employees and help in any way they can I would refer anyone to work here. I had a lot of good experences at this job.
Pros
Grate People
Cons
on the road to long
Mindless work
Image Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  HoustonAugust 6, 2018
If you are really really desperate and need a job, then i'd say take this job. I was the weekend crew and for 8-10 hours per day (SAT SUN) you literally do the same function. look at license plate. type license plate. Theres no life at the job site, theres always people quitting and arriving its very depressing. incentives would be an extra 20 bucks for averaging a certain amount of license plater per hour for the whole week or total shift. Its easy, but If you are the type person who need some kind of human interaction or any kind of change or movement, then this isn't the place for you. I'm not exaggerating. The only thing I can think of to make it bearable it apply with a friend, or put your iPhone screen on low brightness and watch conspiracy videos on youtube to keep interested in something. First time in my life where I actually looked forward to Mondays. BE CAREFUL IF YOU DECIDE TO BE ON YOUR PHONE. Also to the people who do this for the whole week shift, may God help you find something better.
Pros
Cons
honestly i get very depressed just driving to the place.
Prodcutive work place
Image Review Clerk (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MAAugust 5, 2018
Transcore works with the city to generate and process imaging for the mass tolls. It is a quite environment with basic data entry. I would recommend this position to anyone who is looking for an opportunity to experience an office setting.
Pros
Ice cream day
Cons
No opportunity for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransCore. Our community is ready to answer.