Transdev Employee Reviews

Found 842 reviews matching the search See all 1,001 reviews
This is not a job for you if you have a family.
Transit Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 15, 2018
Unfortunately there's nothing outside of the health benefits that is good about this job. Management appear to be very friendly however the longer your with this company you'll see their true disposition.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
No lunch breaks, No voice
Stressful
Operational Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 14, 2018
Multi tasking a must not a problem. But company wants more even when short of staff. Work is not always smiles but it has its limits when you have lack of workers.
Pros
pays good, work repetitive
Cons
Work not balanced. One person doing more than the other with the same titled job
Take the good with the bad
Operator (Former Employee) –  HyattsvilleNovember 14, 2018
Wrongfully fired! The union is good in some cases where there are discrepancies, but they can’t keep your job for you. They failed to represent my case and I paid a lot of dues. And safety managers try to run game on the employees and lie! Smile in your face and you get a write up for every little thing you didn’t do right. But they’ll never show appreciation when you’re doing great.
Pros
Dispatchers are ok
Cons
Safety managers will railroad you
Nice place to work to meet new people all over the world.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2018
Super shuttle management was not organized, or appreciative toward some their drivers. Placed women on graveyard shifts and the men swing shift. The company ran on favoritisms on certain employees. When you apply for a promotion your customer service ratings and customer recognition were not acknowledged. That’s when you know you’re going nowhere.
Pros
It’s was a temporary paying job
Cons
I received a paycheck, and if I worked at least 10 hour daily I can meet my bills
Dispatch system
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AzNovember 10, 2018
Dispatch system is disfunctional, repeated errors consistently, placing driver and public at risk. Customers on bus excessivel time due to poor dispatch practices
Pros
Cons
Short break, poor bathroom facilities on the road
Driver
Mobility Driver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 9, 2018
As a driver you get to meet a lot of people and see a lot of Baltimore and surround counties. That's about it for the good points, for the workload the drivers are paid enough to compensate for all they go thru in a day. From the traffic, environment you may have to go into, the mental challenge people you have to transport that may not have taken their meds., to the unrealistic expectation some riders place on drivers and dispatch. Can blow your WHOLE day! The pay is Horrible!!!!
Takes a special person
Transit Driver (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CONovember 5, 2018
Working public transit if tough and takes a special person. Most passengers are rude. After I was spit on is when I quit but not a terrible company to work for.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Passengers are very rude
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CANovember 2, 2018
My job was very hectic at the location that I worked. Competition to hire new drivers was intense due to the lower pay salary at that location. Other companies in the Bay area paid their drivers higher wages which affected our hiring abilities and total operational obligation to our client.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
I do not feel they looked out for the best interest of lower management team at that location.
fun workplace
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VANovember 2, 2018
friendly environment, coworkers are respectful

good management,

Work ethic,always busy and productive ,good interaction with drivers and customers information portal
Pros
diversity
Cons
not enough employee
no respect for their drivers.
ROAD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 31, 2018
drivers are the bread and butter of the company, then pay them better and give them the respect they deserve. Management is terrible. Total disrespect for the drivers.
Was fun working as a contractor
Contractor DFW, Texas (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2018
I had much fun working in various capacities most especially at the Sierra Rutile Mining company where my job was so delightful in as much as it was my first job after college at the Technical Institute which is now College of poly Techniques.
The driving industry has become unsecured since the introduction of Uber Transportation and moreover, it does not have benefits like medical , 401k or even vacation.
I now have a career that I have studied for in the past three years.
So I want to follow my dream that I have invested in with a huge amount of Student Loan that is ready to be repaid.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
For Transdev, No benefit or previledge
Not a good company to work for because of management
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 27, 2018
Overall terrible work place with too much stress on safety and treated employees as if they are stupid. Poor management. Routes and hours change every three months.
Stressful
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 24, 2018
Very Unprofessional. To many people want to be in charge . To many different rules . Pay is low . Work Schedule changes every week , so if you need to go to school. Cant do it here .
Pros
OT provided
Cons
Rude Clients, No supoortive mangement, pay low
Public Transportation System
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 22, 2018
Operate Regional Transportation District Buses to transport passenger in the city and the metro area. Manager the customers issue in the buses, communicate with dispatch through radio or cell phone.
Pros
Good Breath in some route, learn people skill
Cons
Short break in some route and no restroom .
A great place to work at and great people.
CDL Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Forestville, MDOctober 21, 2018
A place with a great supervisory staff. A manager.that likes to work with his employees and is very fair on his decisions about disciplinary actions take on his employees. I would say he is a man of great integrity.
Pros
Cons
Rules need tweaking a little bit.
Its a great contract if they were aware of Para- transit and how it actually work.
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 18, 2018
I enjoy what I do as my job. Its Management and dispatch that make the irritating. That's why it's a revolving door. I drove 12 hour days for 10 years and 8 hours for the last 2 year's. This will break your body down. I'm ready for an change.
Pros
The pay and vacation time.
Cons
Breaks, no dental, no vision, no sick or annual and no retirement.
Fun meeting lots of people
Paratransit Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 16, 2018
Lots of fun enjoyed training classes also nice breakdown of training .Had lots of fun meeting lots of different people from different places.Very fun safety classes
Pros
Fun work Place
Cons
Unorganized often
The Idea of This Company Is Wonderful
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 15, 2018
The way that employee and customers are treated, is very disappointing. Management does not follow through on their responsibilities. Persons with disabilities are counting on quality service.
good workplace
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 11, 2018
a typical work day was easy and scheduled
i would learned administrative work
management was cool
workplace culture was relaxed
there was no hard part to the job
most enjoyable part of job was vehicle audits
You will never make money. They never give raises. Management lies.
Paratranst Driver (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 10, 2018
Stay away. More turn around in the company then I have ever seen. No raises. Management will lie. You put your own license at risk. Your pick up times are to close to make them you have to speed the you will lose your job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transdev. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Transdev.

Powered by Comparably