Transdev Employee Reviews

Found 868 reviews matching the search See all 1,031 reviews
great place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 16, 2019
Supervisor is a good person who listens and respects you

The company is a great place to learn about people and their needs.

Its not a hard place to work for they train you very well

you will get trained to do it right they care about their clients they always come first.
Pros
stable work place
good
Desperate
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2019
This company is so desperate for drivers they literally hire anybody! With that being said they think they can treat the drivers any kind of way. The drivers are the most important with this job. This company rewards dispatchers and hr and management on the regular but the drivers get nothing. Dispatch is horrible and they all need to be replaced. You have to get permission to end your shift. Majority of the staff is very unprofessional and ghetto. Professionalism does not exist here! Even management and hr (people put on a pedestal because they have degrees) act like zoo animals. Transdev is needs help they don’t have a million dollar law suit for no reason!!!!!
Pros
They help you obtain a for hire endorsement
Cons
Low pay, dispatch, no respect, no life outside of job due to being overworked, unprofessional environment
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA 90501January 8, 2019
• Daily reviewing my incoming email
• Started with the top priorities
• Answered heavy phones inquiring about
• Quotes for the incoming groups
• Helped assist lost and found calls and emails.
• Set up discount codes for people using our services
• Set up direct bill accounts/for groups paying for their clients’ transportation
• Collect CC, Charge CC, put deposit into the setup account, book the incoming guest rides
• Booked groups coming and going to various locations I.E. Long Beach CVB Anaheim CVB
• LATCB I worked directly with the local CVB’s
Pros
worked on my own
Cons
no overtime
Very stressful working with thst company
24 Passenger Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2019
Horrible place to work and non - management team . Very unpleasant, unfair and clickish as well as getto fabulous. And what a joke with the union.. lol
Pros
Beat a blank
Cons
Stressful
Great job
Mechanic A (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 7, 2019
I love being working on buses. You learn more and you build confidence. Some Mechanics were very helpful and nice and some are just being suditti. The pay was great and so was the benefits. But what I don’t like is they will write you up for anything just prevent you for getting a raise. Some of the managers are very shady, so you gotta watch them or they really will throw you underneath the bus.
Pros
Pay was decent, meeting good bus drivers and mechanics
Cons
Don’t like working on the night shifts very short breaks and lunch time and managers are very shady
fair company 4 day work days
Bus Technician (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 7, 2019
ok company to work for . inspect over all bus from tires to engine and electrical .
the hardest part showing up for work ; 4 day work days
Just don’t get sick
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 7, 2019
I’ve been driving for transdiv for 19years. The supervisor was a great person . But the company Transdiv does not care about you you are just a number for them. Just don’t lose your passenger endorsement They don’t care about you years thair. Very sad I got nothing for my years in-service for them
Cons
Met a lot of nice people.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 4, 2019
I drove for Super Shuttle and sometimes waited long periods of time to get a run. There was a lot of down time. I did enjoy the various patrons. Sometimes I had long runs with few patrons.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Long down times.
Management has HORRIBLE attitudes
Driver (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJanuary 2, 2019
Before you’re even allowed into Transdev the disrespectful receptionist completely disregards anything you say. No one keeps proper paper work, the environment is hectic and people treat you like scum. I cannot count the numerous times a manager has caught an attitude or rolled their eyes at a driver or even people who walk in for interviews. The only way they’ll respect you is if they know you before they hired you.
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
No respect, Low pay for all the hours, Little to no advancement, Childish managers
fun, great and loved all my clients I transported
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2018
everyday I felt I was my own boss and just picking up family and taking around town. This job humbled me being around and working with so many in our community with different disabilities. great job and even better experience.
Pros
driving all over DFW, different clients and experiences daily
It beats unemployment
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 29, 2018
The yard and some fellow drivers are cool
There's always that hand full that think they're Chiefs and not Indians.
There are a lot of politics in the upper management and union that tend to be over looked or swept under the rug.
A check beats being broke any day cause working here you will not have a personal life or family time at all
Pros
You're employed
Cons
To many politics and no consideration of your life or health
Stressful
Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2018
Have nothing good to say most definitely get overly worked lack of sleep barely have social life have a family think twice forced to work on off days.
Ok Job but no security
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 15, 2018
I've worked here for many years and I am ready to move on. This review is supposed to be anonymous. Therefore, I refuse to give any more detailed information.
Pros
Discounts, paid time off, yearly raises and a supportive union
Cons
No guaranteed vacations, not family oriented, no lunch breaks
overall has it's good points and negatives
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CADecember 13, 2018
at this time I couldn't give you any review. fast paced and not enough training. safety training wa great but not enough training on customer relations
Pros
good place to start
Cons
training priciples inconsistant
Good company, bad local management
Safety and Training Manager (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 10, 2018
Transdev is a good company and a great place to move up. Management on a corporate level fails to properly train new employees. Management at a local level suffers from little oversight.
Fast paced
Bus Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CADecember 6, 2018
Transdev has an excellent training program for new drivers to come on and get there commercial license. The only complaint I have is the high split shifts. 5 to 6 hour split shifts are a killer.
Pros
great pay
Cons
split shifts
Unorganized
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 6, 2018
The oakland division of transdev is very chaotic and cut throat. The senior management team does not communicate well at all and are scattered brain, they are very combative and accusatory,and when found to be wrong in their accusations are non apologetic, they display favoritism and are extremely unprofessional.
Pros
co workers
Cons
senior management
New company
Quality Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 4, 2018
This company is a private transportation company , and didn't offer as much as the company that they took over worked there two years after the take over then retired .
Pros
nothing
Cons
changed all the scheduled and everybody hated it
Excellent
Road Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MD, USDecember 4, 2018
I've learned how to work with and understand other, how to communicate with all types of people. There is nothing hard about the job if you follow policies and procedures. I enjoy working with my fellow coworkers and the public
nice place to work 90% of the time
Parts Manager (clerk) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 2, 2018
got to work at 6:30 checked board to see if nightshift needed parts took notes. Entered previse nights fuel and mileage to each vehicle. gas up our relief vehicles . worked with maintenance manager.
check in all incoming parts for stock and active jobs

a lot about buses

nice managers, but to many

very laid back

end of the month reports
Pros
couple personal days off
Cons
alot of personal turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transdev. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Transdev.

Powered by Comparably