Transdev Employee Reviews

Union necessary in a right to work state. High turnover, lack of experienced professionals
Professional Motorcoach Driver (Former Employee) –  Loudoun County, VAApril 20, 2018
Employee of 10 plus years. Good MCI coaches.
Company has changed names numerous times.
Management and employee turnover extremely high.
Company is a commuter sub contractor to Loudoun County, Virginia.
Drive during AM/PM rush hours.
Pros
A few nice coworkers, steady work
Cons
Management attitude, dispatcher attitudes, Loudoun County liaison attitude, split shifts, need to monitor everything you say, do, how your time off is applied, benefits and paychecks.
Upper Management Is Useless
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILApril 16, 2018
Not in agreement of the Corporate Maintenance Director, HR Rep, and General Manager at location. Very unfair experience with employees put up against each other.
bus operator:disney Intership & program
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 12, 2018
I transport all internship & program students to their work at the Disney, Hotel and resort parks.
I also work all the shifts and I break the drivers
Not going to go there
Bus Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85009April 11, 2018
I would rather not comment on former positions as they are in the past & nothing good comes from digging up the past. Some of the people were good, most were bad influences & horrible coworkers. Thank you
Bad place to work they want what they want and that’s it
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 4, 2018
The management lie to you and only want what they want they don’t care about the employees if someone quits you have to take up the slack and work more hours to cover when you first hire in they make you think it’s a great place then they screw you plus they give people with no mechanic certificates more money then the mechanic with experience and certs
Pros
Some of the other employees
Productive and fun.
BUS DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 3, 2018
Good employee connections. Managers are friendly enough and professional. Most time they are very serious about their work. However, they work well with the employee.
Pros
Clean environment.
Cons
No privacy
a good place to work
Para-Transit Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 2, 2018
It's a great place to work for a young adult or retired person to make a decent income. Also it is a good place to use as a doorway if you want to become a bus driver. Only downside is that the culture at the company is very divided and a high school like clique atmosphere
Pros
easy job, good pay and benefits
Cons
clique like atmosphere
Disorganized
Software Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILMarch 27, 2018
Unfortunately, while the people I worked with directly were fantastic, the company in general is mired in old business practices and a lack of organization.
easy job, taking phone calls
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 24, 2018
My job consists of talking to the drivers and helping them out either taking trips off their tablets, cancelling orders, calling for tows, submitting forms, answering whatever question they ask. I have learned wonderful phone skills from this job. Management is horrible they are always changing something daily. Something that used to bother me is they would try to "take away" or delay your lunches and breaks because we are busy.. That was terrible for me working a 12 hour shift taking phone calls back to back and not getting to take your break or lunch. I did however move up, I started as a CSR and they promoted me to dispatch a few months before the company is gonna close down. One of the hardest parts of my job is when the drivers ask me questions about their tablets and I have no idea and no one is willing to help. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co workers are amazing people and they are the reason I'm staying till this place closes.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
401k is a SCAM, always check your paycheck for mistakes
Productive and fun place to work
Special Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 22, 2018
I really enjoyed the job itself. Management was very unorganized. Always changes like almost daily. A typical day at work was busy. Hardest part of the job was to deal with rude and mean customers but I always managed to make everything good. Enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with around me and my customers were most of the time great.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMarch 21, 2018
A typical day of working for Transdev consist of transporting elderly and diabled clients to and from medical appointments. The hardest part of being a driver for Transdev would be the hours.The days can be very stressful due to the many hours spent operating a motor vehicle and requires alertness transporting clients in a safe manner in climate weather.
Needs Serious Work
Former Driver (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMarch 16, 2018
This job wouldn't have such a huge turnover rate if they weren't so strict, petty, and uncommunicative towards their' employees. Their' turnover rate also wouldn't be so high if they screened the right people and not just give anybody a job who's just looking to get a paycheck. If I owned the company, I would make sure that people not only submit a resume', but I would also make sure that in their' resumes, they had serious, and quite a few, jobs pertaining to customer service and just dealing with people in general. I would also check their' references pertaining to that aspect. I have heard HORROR stories from passengers telling me how they've been sorely mistreated and utterly disrespected by fellow drivers and that in turn makes the company look bad as a whole. The way that the drivers are trained ultimately 'de-humanizes' them. It does so in a way that compassion and common sense goes out the window once they are on their' own, and that's unfortunate. I try my best to set an example and be an example to others, and shine through all of this mess that they call a 'top and prominent' company. I hope this doesn't fall on deaf ear. Truly concerned for it's future. :-/
Pros
All the overtime you can handle.
Cons
The unions aren't helpful. Better off representing yourself.
awful, unprofessional, cut throat, terrible management no ones enemy deserves to work for this place it literally needs to be shut down
Customer Service Specialist, Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 13, 2018
this place is horrible, management willl lie on you. If you speak up about whats not fair management will tell you go get another job you dont have to work here. This is an abusive work environment. It should not even be permitted to be in business trust me you get treated worse than dirt
Pros
if you like being mistreated and disrespected other than that there are no pros
Cons
you will get cursed out and lied on by management and nothing will be done
Productive and fast paced
SPECIAL ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 13, 2018
I would receive calls nationwide for transportation services. I also received these orders by email. I also assist with troubleshooting zTrip app and website. The hardest part of the job is to maintain composure with angry customers or managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was to submit orders by email.
Pros
listen to music, theme weeks, free coffee and sometimes donuts
Cons
managers were occasionally rude and late
Hard but not hard
Driver (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 12, 2018
I love this job but the hours are just to demanding for me. The dispatchers need more training and that can make for a very stressful day. Being the face the passengers see is very rewarding. Conversations with the passengers can get very interesting. It is wonderful to help people that may not even be able to leave the house if it was not for our service.
Pros
Helpin
Cons
Poor dispatch and management
its ok
driver services representative (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 11, 2018
I didnt intend to ever leave this job, but due to poor management the call center can not stay above water financially which is causing nearly 100 employees to loose their jobs,
Pros
paid time off, sick time, vacation time
Cons
short breaks, unfair management, favortism
n/a
Customer Service Represenatitive (Current Employee) –  Rome, GA 30165March 9, 2018
A typical day at work is answering inbound calls, book a cab for customers, verify information, input information to MTData, answer any questions or concerns, handle any escalations. The job is very easy and management is very nice and good to work with. The environment is very relax and you meet different people.
A unique culture
Mass Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILMarch 8, 2018
An atypical mindset from management. Unique culture. Very fast-paced environment. Quite divisive at times.
-------------------------------------------
Very negative workplace
Transit Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 7, 2018
The company needs an overhaul. You drive all the way downtown to drop off and pick up people from different areas in Gwinnett County when these areas should have transit system going everyday. They don't want a transit system in there area, but their okay with a bus coming to pickup at certain stop
Cons
No breaks with some routes. Maintenance services on the buses are inconsistent.
Road supervisor
Road Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 7, 2018
I enjoyed working as a roadsupervior for transdev. Safetey is my number 1 goals so I tried every chance I had to encurage the drivers to driver safe.
Pros
Job position
Cons
Road supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transdev. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

38out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Transdev.