Transdev
60Below average
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Transdev Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA21 reviews
I enjoy working with Transdev. Although the training could be more comprehensive. I learned my route, but would be asked to help out with other routes. Which I was more than happy too of course, but I did not know the other routes and felt as though they were setting me up for failure. I believe if they train their employees on all of the routes that would not only help the drivers feel more at ease while driving but also give their customers a better experience.
They give you something to do and want it done with no guidelines or hope to reach a positive goal. They tell you one thing and gang up on you To make you the fall guy. They use other companies models to work for them. They won't let you share in the concept of your location. And the people that put information out forget that they once where on the floor.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
No true understanding of the job focus
Bad company and work environment . Managers sleep with employees to get promoted
Bad work environment and hostile employees. No Leadership and no employee unity
Let me start by saying ITS TRUE! Transdev is also known as TRANSDEVILS!! My time here been a total Disaster and waste of time! The training sucks! The pay sucks! The hr sucks! Management is EVIL! We just got off strike not to long ago and Currently Negotiating on a new contract so it might get “better” definitely wouldn’t apply now because this place is a joke!!!! Plus (just being honest) ATU IS WEAK! had the company on the hook!!! And let them go smh soft move onbthe union part.....
Pros
Coworkers (drivers, mechanic and Utility workers only!), meeting new people
Cons
Pay! Benefits! Management! TRANSDEV!!!!
Management is very supportive and likely in total works harder than the drivers Easy when things are right but never are things "just right" I will say that I value my time there and while there is huge room for improvement the group as a whole is extraordinary. Make it through the first few years... things get better
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I just go there report in and do my job safely. And accurate. The routes are very easy. Just the traffic I have to deal with, going and coming out of DC.
Company are very organize , very helpful caring, willing to assist u in what ever u need, always talking about safety and care about their employees very much always willing help u learn the route to run.
Cons
I drove for Super Shuttle and sometimes waited long periods of time to get a run. There was a lot of down time. I did enjoy the various patrons. Sometimes I had long runs with few patrons.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Long down times.
friendly environment, coworkers are respectful

good management,

Work ethic,always busy and productive ,good interaction with drivers and customers information portal
Pros
diversity
Cons
not enough employee
Good place to work, decent benefits and work culture. Good place to work if you like flexible and an independent work environment. This applies to jobs that are mid level and above.
Employee of 10 plus years. Good MCI coaches.
Company has changed names numerous times.

Management and employee turnover extremely high.

Company is a commuter sub contractor to Loudoun County, Virginia.

Drive during AM/PM rush hours.
Pros
A few nice coworkers, steady work
Cons
Management attitude, dispatcher attitudes, Loudoun County liaison attitude, split shifts, need to monitor everything you say, do, how your time off is applied, benefits and paychecks.
Most employees are friendly. I like the environment, it just the distant for me to commute in the morning and at night, about 50 miles one way.
I love the route and the customers.
Pros
Friendly coworker
Cons
Management cheap despite good facility from the client. Long commute to work
A typical day is very stressful, due to the "first come first serve" rule. Trying to pick up as many passengers as you can then get back to the airport as fast as you can to get more passengers. As a independent contractor, you will need a second income, as i found out after the fact, to make a living.
Great place to work, good working environment and lots of benefits. The people are easy to work with and there are opportunities for growth. If I did not relocate, I would still work there.
Need to motivate employees . most of the time new hired don't keep their job more than a year .Sometimes some of them leave the before six months. More training would help new hired keep the job.
ATC lost contract d to Forsythe , Have good rapport with operators, How to be good Manager and Supervisor. Training new drivers to be operators, picking up passengers or answering customer complaint.
I start they as a ticket agent and then became a dispatcher out dulles airport. I really like that job but they started cutting hours so a lot had to go.
Pros
short breaks
Cons
long hours sometimes
Good starting point to learn about the transportation industry. Management is the key to success in the company and a good manager goes along way to your success!!!
Where do I start. Oh, let's start with salary. They start you off with $15.10/hr when most start you off with $17 or $18 per hour and the salary tops off at $18/hr so you can imagine how long it'll take you to get there.

They're under a new contract with Loudoun County with lots of stipulations from Loudoun County that is put totally on the drivers from missed trips to not wearing a belt. TransDev will lose money if something is not being done. Management makes sure we do our job so that they the company protects their bottom line which is that money but doesn't want to pay us what we deserve.

Health insurance is garbage as well. Besides the monthly premium, we have to pay an out-of-pocket amount of between $1,600 - $2,000 deductible per person per year and prescriptions have gone up as well.

You have to work 6 months before you see your first 8 hours of leave which also serves as your sick leave because they don't give you sick leave. As a result, you can't take a much deserved vacation because if you do and you get sick that you have to be out of work for a long period of time, you have no income to pay your bills, rent/mortgage or anything else. Plus, they'll point you for missing work, so in other words, you're screwed.

Finally, saving for your retirement, they have one under Fidelity but not only do they not contribute a dime to at least match what you put in but they don't schedule reps to visit us to talk about how to improve our financial portfolios, etc.

So, to summarize it up, this company doesn't care about their drivers and don't want them
 - more...
Cons
The position itself as a franchise driver is a great job in general, but the fees that you owe the company are very high for the long hours that you have to work in order to take care of the basic life necessities.
Pros
travelling, meeting people from all over the world
Cons
long hours, low pay, high fees
job span is 5 years for people not related to management. gained knowledge of motorcoaches
Cons
people not related to management have no input