Transdev Employee Reviews

Found 897 reviews matching the search See all 1,071 reviews
fun place to work. room for advancement.
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 22, 2019
If you want to be challenged daily with different tasks to do, then this is the job, then this is the job for you. The salary is decent, and if you desire overtime, there is plenty of it. There is also room for advancement if you feel you have the qualifications to further your career.
good job to self manage
motor vehicle operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 21, 2019
nice way to meet new people everyday. You're not micro manage and you're given the tool to do your job effectively. Its a good entry level job for young people
Very good work place
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2019
I love driving the bus and all the good customer service that I provide it Even when the customers didn't need my help I help them anyway And i help my coworkers when I needed to trade A-day off
Pros
Lunch was good
Cons
Every bus had a stop break
Great training, great instructors. They make sure you are prepared to drive. Safety first
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMarch 17, 2019
I worked for this company and I really enjoyed it. They are serious about your start time out the gate. They make sure you are prepared for your shift. Before you leave base they make sure you have your map, cell phone safety bag and you better be in uniform. Yes they check your shoes as well. For the most part if you like people you will do fine. If you have great people skills that helps. If you don’t care to speak you just want to drive this job may not be for you.
Pros
Loved the people I picked up. Most of the time we had great conversation.
Cons
Dispatch need to be retrained, They are rude, Pushy, try to intimidate the driver, unprofessional, argumentative and ghetto
Hours worked and paycheck dont match sometimes
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 15, 2019
The pay rate they advertised is not the same once they hire you. You don't clock in they have you sign in. Its up to management to remember to pay you for all hours worked. Otherwise is a nice place to work.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Paycheck dont match hours worked
Great company
SAFETY AND TRAINING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 13, 2019
Transdev is a great company . Because they are contractors the clients they provide a service to can be difficult. Sometimes impossible to provide the service with resources provided.Being told the contract may be in jeopardy and you may loose your job is nerve wrecking.
Pros
Great Co-Workers and Training
Cons
Unpredictability of working as a contractor no job security
Good Place to work.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 13, 2019
When I was at Transdev I enjoyed the work there. I made a decent amount of money and the training was easy and fun.
Yes this Job is not for everyone especially if you are not familiar with working in paratransit and or like setting.
I liked that the pay was great for that area and I can take on as many hours as needed.
Unfortunately while being there some co workers didn't treat me well and or was rude.
And also I was sick and got sick there because of weird orders in the vehicle and asked to change out but was told no.
Pros
Steady Job and good pay
Cons
Rude coworkers
Small employee strength and you need to play multiple roles.
Safety and Training Manager/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 13, 2019
There are many advantages of working here. The main advantage for me is the team. Everyone is genuinely so supportive and wants the business to do well and succeed.
When you start working for the company you very quickly feel that you are part of the team and have been there forever!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours of required work time
Go if you must.
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMarch 12, 2019
Rules are all ways changing. Hours are long which isn’t so bad if you knew how long you’ll be at work from the beginning. Management is a revoling door, and policies that help the driver take forever to be put in place.
Pros
You’re not stuck in an office all day.
Cons
Soooooo many rules
Nonexistent
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 12, 2019
I don’t think it’s the right setting for me I need a more of a sitting down job and they work you to much. They work you like slaves. People talk to you any kind of way.
organization
Dispatch Supervisor/Booking Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 7, 2019
All of the years that I have worked at this company, I feel that this has been the worse management I've ever seen.If management would just consider what the other employees have to say, like suggestions. I feel the company would be more productive.
Pros
stable job
Cons
Management is no functional
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 6, 2019
I love working there . Management works well with employees and do their best to support. Company culture is also very great. Going to work everyday was a blessing.
Supervisor
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 1, 2019
Answer escalated calls, help others answer any questions they might have, answer emails, Loved it highly recommend working for them. I loved it and miss it
Transdev is a excellent company to work for.
Road supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2019
Transdev isa excellent company, management is fair and helpful. Safety is paramount in the operation of the company. I'm assigned responsibility and the company follow a up with you to correct all issues.
Pros
Great company
50% of the time is hostile
Cincinnati Streetcar Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 23, 2019
I personally Love Transdev, I'm 60 years of age and never thought the that applying for multiple position you feel qualified for would disqualify you for promotions. I guess times have change since I was applying. I was always under the perception the more the better chance, but was told just the opposite. The more they basically cross your name off for promotions.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Can't apply for multiple positions
Great benefits but weekly six day work schedule
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92805February 19, 2019
Each day can be relaxing except summer, holidays, and special events. I only thing I learn is just driving a bus with passengers and a lot of safety procedures. Everything bit of mess so management kind of poor. Simple and bland environment. The only thing hard is handling the passengers with disabilities. I don't know if there is anything enjoyable except the BBQ parties they organize.
Fun work environment with Ping Pong table
Director, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 19, 2019
Management tries hard to make work enjoyable and challenging. There are always problems to solve and you have a say in producing/building a mobile product and service.

A typical work day would be scrum meetings in the morning. Get into collaborative rooms and work through a deliverable with your assigned teams.

Like most company, the most enjoyable part of the job are the interactions with your co-workers, all coming together to deliver a solid product meeting customer's needs.
Pros
free lunch bi-weekly
Cons
compensation
Challenging Work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2019
The bus driving position I held is no longer a part of the operation. Management did not keep equipment road worthy. Salary is low considering the responsibility of keeping passengers safe.
Disappointed
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  OaklandFebruary 15, 2019
I was very disappointed with my experience there. I was expecting a professional work environment and was looking forward to being a part of the team. It was actually one of the oddest work experiences I've ever had. I'm glad it's over.
Pros
Some of the people were friendly.
Cons
Some employees were highly unprofessional.
Meet good people there, but the company sucks, no leadership, hostile working environment, quit less than three months
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 14, 2019
This company needs a whole over haul, bad place to work, no leadership, this company, doesn't care about it's employees, breaks alot of DOT rules!! Don't care about the safety of there employees. Work over 12 hrs no break. High turnover rate. Company is a joke. You work for this company, make sure you're single, not for the family people.
Pros
Meet some really good people there
Cons
Employer, don't care about the well being of there employees, Working really long hours, management is a joke, split shift, no restroom, low pay, very stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transdev. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Transdev.

Powered by Comparably