Transdev Employee Reviews

Fun place to work the team we had was very family like
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 12, 2018
I can honestly say I learned a lot from the dispatch position I had with this company personal and professional those I thing I love about it wish I could’ve stayed a little longer
Pros
Overtime, fun department games
Cons
Not ever Knowledgeable management
Bus Driver
Coach Operator/ Paratransit (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAJuly 10, 2018
Very busy. Fast pace job.
Dropping off passengers to their destination. Loading and unloading passengers with wheelchairs. Secure passengers and make sure they reach their destination safely.
Cons
lunch was given at anytime
driving a bus
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 9, 2018
Driving a bus is a lot. Pretty good pay. Most routes end before 8pm. Driving all day gets boring and hard on the body. If you like to driving this the job for you.
If you apply yourself you will advance
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 7, 2018
In my words I consider Transdev North America an great place to fulfill your interest. I'm looking forward to restart and make it work for me. My plans are for long term employment
Pros
Excellent benifits
Not good
LAMTA Road supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJuly 6, 2018
Troubleshoot bus issues, Transdev is all ways short of staff, the most enjoyable part of the job is when is ends. when report a complaint the you receive discipline, in order get management you have to complaint outside the box, meaning only one person controls and you have to go outside Local management to be heard.
Great Place of work
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 5, 2018
Great Job, Great Pay. Great job if you enjoy interacting with people each day and providing great customer service. Management is very professional. I enjoyed working there.
Good Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJune 30, 2018
Overall - good company to work for. Thats why I worked there for the last 17 years. The Job security is under uncertainty because of contract with King County Metro. If the contract is renewed - there is always enough work for everyone.
Management don't care about their employees
Scheduling and Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 23, 2018
I signed a contract to go to work with intelliRide which is part of Transdev who I actually signed to work for. Anyway, up to the evening before we were suppose to go in front of the company that was to give us the contract I had been sick for the prior week which I didn’t think was as bad as it was. Well the night before, I was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia and a touch of the flu. I couldn’t make it to that interview and I was in contact with the person who hired me right from the moment. I sent her an email and I get a response of where are you we are preparing for the interview. So time goes by and I had kept emailing her several times with no response. Never asked once how I was feeling, not once. I believe a month went by and I emailed her again and her response was I’m sorry but we had to remove your name from the operations team because I didn’t show up for the interview. I don’t know about you but what does this tell you about the company you are about to go to work for ? I know I don’t want to go to work for them how about you ? Just look what they are doing here they mustn’t be able to hire attract people for the Transdev name and now they are trying to trick people with the intelliRide name. You will regret going to work here believe me.
Pros
None that i'm aware of
Cons
Management don't care about their employees, the ones who will make them shine
It’s your new home
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2018
It’s not just a job it’s a life style, where your coworkers become friends and family or even enemies. You will spend more time at work then your real home.
Pros
Huh?
Cons
Ride the bus and you tell me
it a great place to worked
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 21, 2018
i learn a lot at transdev i required everyone can go and apply.you can learn everyday so go try this job every adyt go they staff is good the manager is great they very kind over there i like this place they very freindly
One word Crazy
Fixed Route Operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 20, 2018
I been here going on 4 years . all i can say is this job is just terrible im still here because i have not found nothing yet. You haven to be in a union to keep you job its just no work balance at all . Just apply and see for yourself
Pros
lack of communication no job security
Cons
good pay
stepping stone
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  District Heights, MDJune 20, 2018
the buses suck! and should be getting paid more for all that you have to deal with. I wouldnt stay there for the long term. This job is pretty stressful
Good location people
Safety, Security & Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CA 91006June 18, 2018
Transdev has some good people at the local level, however corporate has lost its caring and knowing their front line employees. they do not pay enough to live in the area where you work.
I drove 134 miles a day because I could not afford rent in the area.
Pros
good GM'S
Cons
Weak upper management (corprate)
Keeping it 100
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Hesperia, CAJune 16, 2018
If you think you will have a life think again there will be no social life no family life and no personal life this company wants you all day even weekends it’s incredibly hard on anyone with a family. Management is nice the supervisors are strict but completely fair. I spent so much time with each one I seriously feel like they are family. Driving was nuts the passengers are AWFUL!!! That’s being mild. I was burnt out by the second week. If your single this is a great place for you otherwise don’t waste your time.
Pros
Great friendly staff and management
Cons
Long hours no personal time
Friendly environment
Flight Crew Driver (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 14, 2018
Arrive one hour before your first scheduled pick up. Check tire pressure, check safety gauges and cleanliness of the assigned vehicle. Proceed to pick up destination to transport pilot or flight attendants.
This job was extremely demanding, exhausting and misleading
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 13, 2018
I worked for transdev for a year. The only good part about it is the benefits and pay. I was able to secure a good route only by staying with the company for a long time. It wasn't worth it. I was disrespected because of my religion and presentation several times by managers and supervisors.
The schedule is rough. They expect you not to sleep for the first three months of your employment essentially. After that, you find out that the benefits and raises that they offered were a lie or phrased differently in order to grab your attention. Overall, the job was an extremely demanding and high risk job for little reward and no recognition.
Pros
benefits, paid vacation
Cons
sometimes no breaks, horrible schedule, disrespectful environment.
Don't work here
Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2018
Don't work for this place. They have no right to be here in Las Vegas. They are still trying to hang on with the para transit buses and the super shuttles
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Low pay, mismangement, no steady schedule, they don't respect their employees
Easy work,nice people
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Forestville, MDJune 12, 2018
Working for Transdev is an easy job as long as they provide the operators with the right tools to be successful at it. The staff is nice and the managers are fair.
Pros
Customer servive
Cons
No lunch breaks, old biusses
Good Place To Work
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJune 7, 2018
This place is a great place to work. Most of my co-workers I can call my friends. I am so happy to work there. The environment there is a great place, I love working there. I am off for the summer, I will be starting back as a bus driver in august. It is a great place to work.
No support, No training
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 7, 2018
I felt like I was set up to fail. No support from region. Dropped in job with little to no direction. I assembled a good team, at a poor performing location, with no chance to turn things around. Bid model is not sufficient to run operation of this size. Safety should be priority, no matter if your budget doesn’t support it. My advice to corporate, get new regional team in place and give the GM support to turn things around.
Pros
Great team at location. Compensation ok.
Cons
Where do I start? Support, training, back door deals, back stabbing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transdev. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

38out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Transdev.