Transforming Age Employee Reviews

2.5Job Security & Advancement
Room for Growth, Great Culture and Leadership Team
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 1, 2018
Passionate about serving seniors, and their employees; Great culture, positive outlook and strong growth potential; Fantastic and very approachable leadership team.
The residents deserve better
Employee (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 13, 2018
Many fake and phony people on the 'leadership team' who only care about ratings, money, and marketing. They only care about the residents when corporate shows up., pretending that we are a happy wonderful community. They are so desperate they hire people who aren't even qualified for their job, or who are just flat out bad at their job. Yet nothing ever gets done about it and no one gets reprimanded with consequence. Overworked nursing assistants due to unreliable employees who constantly call out. Which again, no consequences for them. This would cause tension and fights between everyone. It's pretty sad because the residents are so awesome to work with and it make it worth all you have to put up with. There are only a select few who are actually compassionate and genuine about their job. They pay a lot of money to live there and they should have a 'leadership team' who views them as more than just profit/income.
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Tradition is a good place to work.
Nursing dept (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNFebruary 16, 2018
Definitely one of the better Assisted Livings and the Tenants seem very pleased with the activities, activity directors and food. Some of the aides need to go! The benefits and pay need to increase so we can keep staff.

The Director of Health Services can come across sharp but she knows how to run a Facility. The Social worker and ED are awesome!
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
benefits, small working area where everyone is together.
Owners are out of state and management is poor at best.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MnNovember 25, 2017
New owners (slashed budget) have implemented unsafe conditions for residents. They will work "you to death"!!! The ratio of caregivers to residents is 18 to 1.
Staffing does not consider the acuity of the resident.
They staff 1 nurse per shift day/eve and eliminated the overnight nurse. The building houses 90 residents and has the reputation of taking anyone; appropriate or not.
Pros
Cons
Many!
Official response from Transforming Age
December 1, 2017

The safety and well-being of our residents and staff is our highest priority. If there are concerns that these are not being met, we take them very seriously. We have looked into some of the issues you cite and have confirmed that our communities average of 10:1 staff to resident ratio, is within the norms of the industry average. In addition, our nurse staffing is also above standards. Hopefully this helps alleviate concerns you may have but if you have others, we invite you to please contact us directly at info@transformingage.org to discuss further.
Sincerely,
Transforming Age

Residents make it enjoyable
Assistant Dining Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wayzata, MNFebruary 2, 2017
I haven't worked here for 2-3 years now. While I did work there is was a easy-going and fun place to work. The residents were the best part of the job, being able to feed them everyday and have them feel like family. The rough part of the job was being under-paid; I became the Assistant manager there after about 2 years and still made about minimum wage.
Transition of ownership
Sours Chef, Culinary Department (Current Employee) –  Wayzata, MNJanuary 26, 2017
Management in transition between ownership change is lacking in leadership. New ownership has admirable objectives, but have not communicated them effectively.
Pros
Hours reasonable. Like meeting the needs and desires of residents.
Cons
Ineffective management
busy but fun
Director of Plant Operations (Current Employee) –  Wayzata, MNApril 29, 2015
a typical day at work starts with me checking e mails and work orders then deciding what is a priority. I have learned to be extremely flexible and work around problems and people changing their minds constantly. the hardest part of my job would have to be balancing the constant struggle to get wok done with the amount of time and resources that are available to me. while the most enjoyable part of the job is the people here
Pros
free lunch
Cons
the drive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transforming Age. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight