Transitional Care of Arlington Heights Employee Reviews

Featured review
Transitional Care of Arlington Heights selected this as a representative review
Wonderful faciltiy
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 7, 2018
Fantastic facility with great nursing/nurses aide management. Good patient-to-staff ratios with variety of work. Different cases allow for more job experience; sometimes challenging but overall beneficial. Wonderful benefits offered to employees along with paid time off and vacation days.
great kitchen
Dietary Aide/Cook (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 26, 2018
Kitchen that is easy to keep clean. The hours fluctuate a bit and I like the flexibility. I helped with writing the new cookbook we give to patients. Good kitchen leadership & my team helps out when I need them. we could use some more good people to join us.
It was good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 25, 2018
I lost my childcare and unfortuantley had to leave this job. I liked the nurses they treated me with respect. The training was good and I hope to come back.
Pros
nurses
Stay away
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 17, 2018
As soon as you end the “Disney Themed” orientation you’ll realize that this management team is anything from magical. I was sold on the dream of potential growth and inspiration to change the public’s view of post acute care. Only to realize 1,2 or 3 weeks later realize I have been misled. The company is always mismanaged. Budgets are blown, guest care has cut corners and never enough staff for safety regulations. The Transitional Care Managment team (the management company) is always on vacation, for weeks at a time, barking orders from the beach as I work every single holiday for NO holiday pay. I was absolutely heartbroken that this has been so many others experiences, run, don’t walk away from this place!
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, lack of staff, burnout, no chain of command
good job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 1, 2018
I did my clinical rotation here and then they hired me on. I like the flexible scheduling and can work it around my nursing program school schedule. The staff is very helpful and I look forward to being her for a while.
Pros
flex schedule
ok
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 25, 2018
Job is ok at certain times. CNA need help they only have 2 on each side of the floors. since its summer time there in a tight budget which they can't afford to pay the workers. They keep cutting hours and cancel on the workers. which is bad for those who are full time. They need more help with the nurses and cna's. they need to appreciate the worker who do there best on taking care of the people. There is favoritism in the work place people complain about the little is things when there is more to help on the patients.
Pros
not sure
Cons
need to have a full staff need to stop cutting there hours
Official response from Transitional Care of Arlington Heights
July 31, 2018

The above review seems to have been written by an employee that is not a CNA and is not familiar with the nursing departments scheduling protocols. In times of low census, we have a voluntary ‘call-off’ system. We have not lost a single nursing team member due to staffing ratios this year. We hold regular staff meetings, have suggestion/feedback system (a program called “iCare”) and our leadership team has an open door. Should this Receptionist choose, we would welcome his/her constructive feedback so we could explain the scheduling process and the positive clinical outcomes our center achieves with our guests.

good patient care
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 11, 2018
My father (with pancreatic cancer) was a patient here. The DON and Administrator were accessible to my family when we had questions or concerns and the therapy team is second to none. They did such a great job of caring for my father that I came to work here. (I’m a nurse.)
Pros
the patients are happy
Cons
the parking lot is a little small
Poor Management, Poor Staffing
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 24, 2018
Be aware that this place is not all that's cracked up to be and the poor patients are the ones that pay the price. Poor staffing, patient to staff ratio is terrible. Your are risking yourself working here, no amount of money is worth it. You have no support from administration and nor do they care. While you have a few good staff that end up leaving anyway, you have the worst of the worst stay.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
empty promises, horrible staffing, poor training
Don’t believe everything you hear!
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 12, 2018
I worked for transitional care under false pretenses about my work schedule, management will try and micro manage you without you being aware, your schedule will constantly change without you having any input in it all. They lack work/life balance check out everything prior to leaving your current job, what’s looks like glitter and gold does not always shine. Good luck! And be aware.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Flexibility, Micromanaging
Culture and Management
Concierge and Events Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 27, 2018
Management is not the best and your job is not at all secure here. It's a fun environment, however, management will expect you to be perfect and they tend to forget you're human.
Sucked!!
ADON (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 19, 2018
Job sucked!! They throw you into a Shark Tank!! 30+ patients 2 nurses 1-2 CNA'S High acuity!! The intent to give good care is there but impossible with the staffing rations. Don't get fooled by the beauty and the smoke and mirrors. The place is gorgeous, just don't have enough staff.
Pros
Price of Benefits
Cons
Fly by the seat of your pants
part time schedule
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 12, 2018
I am in nursing school and work part time 3 shifts per week as a CNA. I can pick up more shifts during my semester breaks & holidays. I am typically on the Cardiac unit but also work with some isolation. the patients do not stay here long, just when i get to know someone, they have recovered and gone home. I like the therapy team and because of some of them i am thinking of changing my major. I like it here, we always stay busy even on the overnight shift.
Pros
part time schedule
Very nice place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILDecember 8, 2017
Nurses and Cnas were very nice a hard working people they do have a very good team work when I was working over there. Complete on equipment too.

I was very happy working over there one of the best company and people that I worked with.
Pros
Good supervisors nice co workers
good co workers
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 19, 2017
I like my co workers. My manger is in the trenches with us and takes action with feedback provided. It’s a new company and they are still trying to figure things out. But my patients are motivated and cognitively alert and engaged; most go home.
I loved the job and thought I would grow with the company however
Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 29, 2017
This is a new facility and due to poor staffing, fluctuating census, lack of communication and poor budgeting, safety is being compromised and employees are being fired with no notice AT ALL. Saddening since senior management constantly holds meetings asking staff to stay committed to the vision. Great concept there and some truly exceptional people. Maybe someone who really knows what they're doing will help them so lives don't continue to be disrupted due to bad management decisions.
Pros
Great patient care concept
Cons
Unstable processes
never a dull moment
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJune 12, 2017
I like the people I work with, they are helpful and in their professions for the right reasons. I work in the weekend only program and have a lot of interactions with family members. I wrote this review because some of the others talk about being short staffed. I have not experienced that here, but I do work hard. The center is busy – always busy – with a lot of admissions and discharges every day. I never sit still and I like that.
Pros
great food
Rewarding
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 1, 2017
Instead of just passing meds all day, I feel like I really use my clinical skills here. We have a clinically complex group of patients – most are here after a cardiac or ortho surgery. It’s mentally challenging and I like that. With the volume of admissions/discharges, we move pretty quickly and that makes the day/time fly by. My Unit Manager does a good job.
Pros
I feel appreciated
Cons
still trying to learn PCC
Short Term Rehab
Director of Therapy (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 19, 2017
Management team is amazing and offers support and guidance. Crew is warm and motivated to help all guests. Therapy team is amazing and offers a comprehensive rehab program.
good changes
current employee (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 11, 2016
The management team and staff make the right decisions in difficult situations. They always consider ‘whats best for the patient’ before ‘whats best for me’. Yes, we’ve had some turnover here recently. But frankly, some of those that left were people I didn’t want to work with. We are actively recruiting new staff and building better cohesive teams. This is a start-up company and there are always challenges. You have to be flexible because things are always changing – for the better. I like working here and do not plan to leave anytime in the near future.
Pros
short term rehab patients
Technology not reliable
nurse (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 24, 2016
High-tech facility but constant internet, phone, and printer issues occur daily. Facility has a fresh new vision on things but the management and supervisors hired are myopic and refuse to manage in new and creative ways. Focus to hard on policy and rules not enough on creativeness and staff input. Short staffed causing frustration and staff talking behind backs.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Short staffed
Great place to work, very fast paced
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 25, 2016
Love working at TCA. They are going through growing pains and shuffling people around on the administrative level. Too bad all the shuffling leads to nurses working harder to cover shortcomings. Overall a great nursing staff and a pleasant work environment
Pros
Beautiful building, great nurses
Cons
Administrative staff lacks organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transitional Care of Arlington Heights. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about