Transitions Hospice Employee Reviews

Terrible company.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  East Central IllinoisApril 9, 2019
I was an RN case manager for this company. I loved my work, my patients and their families. It was very rewarding work.
However, management was poor---took forever for them to return phone calls that I made with questions regarding patient care. Often no one would return my calls on weekends.
We worked 12 hour shifts, then would be on call for 12 hours that night and expected to drive up to 2 hours away for any phone
call.Very poor communication.
During my employment, they lost a contract with a large nursing home for poor work and communication.
You couldn't give notice, because they would fire you on the spot if you did.
Very poor training.
I didn't even receive state mandated minimum for my mileage.
I had been an RN for over 20 years and my salary was the worst that I had ever received.
I left and didn't look back.
If you're interested in hospice nursing care; please look elsewhere.
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
VERY expensive healthcare; ridiculous.No raises.
Think twice
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2018
Don’t let them fool you. This company is about “doing the right thing” for themselves. Their case management model is flawed and nurses can not truly case manage their patients.
Cons
Disorganization, constant changes, poor gas reimbursement, no direct deposit
Oppressive job with no communication
RN Case Manager Hospice (Former Employee) –  Central East IllinoisOctober 27, 2018
There is no communication with employees and management hides information that directly effects patient care. Benefits are terrible and cost of benefits are extremely high. The company decided to switch insurance providers in the middle of the year, and didn’t tell employees until 2 weeks into open enrollment. Work life balance doesn’t exist, and the company continues to demand more and more from employees but there is never a “thank you” for the extra time that is worked.
Company is not transparent about amount of required call time. They are actually not transparent about anything, and they change or make up rules as they go along. Company will not put anything in writing.
Pros
Cons
Amount of on call
Worst job ever. I wouldn’t recommend a Dog to work there..
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 5, 2018
Horrible company to work for just cut throeat and down right poor management. Long hours, long distant drives with no mileage reimbursement, short staffed all the time, communication problems.
Pros
Cons
High mileage on car, no mileage reimbursement, poor management and no raises
Exciting and challenging work environment
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 20, 2018
Great opportunity to help patients and families during very sensitive times. Great employees that put hard work and heart into everything they do! Opportunities for career growth.
Pros
Great teamwork
Best job yet
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 20, 2018
I've never thought I'd find a job like this one. I truly love what i do and what we as a company do. It was a personal reason i decided to join this team and i don't think I'll ever regret that decision. This company cares so much for the patients and the family's, its very heart warming.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Gas re-embersment
Another Place to Call Home
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 19, 2018
Transitions has been a company that I've never thought I'd end up working for, especially in a field such as hospice. The environment that you work in is unlike any other; from the people in the office you work with, to the field staff you see from time to time. Each with their own duties to help and improve the companies growth everyday.

The company has given me much room for improvement. The work I've done with nurses, doctors, & especially the patients.

Yes, there are difficult positions and duties to fulfill everyday..But hard work doesn't come overnight. If there was one thing that I've learned while working here it's that; you have to put in the work to get the results you want.

You'll meet many people from many different backgrounds & that's what makes this company unique, we all come from different places but yet we still come together to help better the company & also assist our patients in any way possible.
Pros
environment, people
Cons
health insurance
Excellent Place to Work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2018
Transitions is a rewarding place to work. The care Transitions provides is different than other hospice companies. I can personally attest for that as I had previous experience with a loved one that received hospice care from another provider. The philosophy the owner has in place is based on doing the right thing for each patient and their families. This comes from the top and is an expectation for each team member. I’ve worked for Transitions for several years and the experience changed me for the better. Everyone from the CEO to the volunteer staff have a warm disposition and will do anything to go the extra mile for a patient and their family. I highly recommend Transitions as an excellent place to work.
Pros
Great benefits, flexibility, compassionate team members, patient centered, open communication, advancement opportunities.
Positive work environment
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 18, 2018
Working at Transitions has been a positive experience. The culture is one of collaboration and cohesiveness. There are amazing people working here who are committed to helping others transition to the next life in comfort with dignity and grace.
Transitions Hospice is my forever job!
CNA/HA (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 17, 2018
A year and a half ago I left my job interview with my employer from transitions calling my friends and parents telling them ; I think I found the job that is my forever job and my calling in life hospice! I still wake up every day thinking I made the best decision ever when I came to work for Transitions. The love and compassion the owner and his staff have for the patients is phenomenal. When you start a company you start it out with goals, missions and small team to lead the way. When your on the outside looking in it is so great to see everything come into play and exciting things happen. But when your on the inside of this wonderful culture and amazing career and organization, it is like a dream come true. Being a part of such a wonderful group of people providing excellent care to patients in need during the most trying times of their lives and their families lives it is truly a blessing to be a part of.

#TEAMTRANSITIONS
#ALLIN
Pros
Giving patients the care they need and deserve
Great company to work for!
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 17, 2018
Transitions is a great company to be a part of. I get to help people at their most vulnerable time in their life and hear wonderful stories. The owner of Transitions has our patients in mind 100% of the time and only wants what is best for them. He knows senior care and how to provide it the best ways possible. I can't imagine working for any other employer.
Great Mission, Family and Patient Centered, Growing innovative Company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 17, 2018
Transitions is family to me. I can't imagine working anywhere else. Very patient focused and mission centered company. Fast growing, innovative, energetic leaders. room for advancement. Great place to grow and be challenged. Excellent patient care and very dedicated staff.
I love my job at Transitions!
CNA (Current Employee) –  Champaign , IllinoisSeptember 17, 2018
Transitions Hospice is a perfect fit for me and I have no regrets! I would and have recommended Transitions to others for employment. If I had a regret, it would be that I didn’t join this team sooner.
Pros
Great teamwork
Great opportunity for refinement, personal/professional growth, and autonomy
Regional Hospice Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis INSeptember 17, 2018
Transitions is not a place for an average employee seeking a ‘job’ to ‘pay’ the bills who needs micromanaged in order to be successful. Transitions is a company in which personal discipline and professional growth is a necessity. It will only be a good person/job fit if the employee is passionate and capable of embracing challenge, refinement, and autonomy. Many companies exist where one can punch the clock and be done with their day within 8 hours; leaving empty, frustrated, and searching for a ‘bigger purpose’. Transitions creates purpose! It is a place that demands personal conviction and a selflessness of always doing the right thing. It requires a special type of devotion and commitment to serve others. This company served as a launching pad to serve beyond myself and to see a ‘bigger picture’....to fully understand this world does not revolve around me, and that I can make a difference! This is not a company for the ‘faint of heart’, but rather a company for those who are seeking fulfillment, purpose, and significance.
Pros
Autonomy, purpose, professional advancement
Cons
Lots of change.
Working here changed my life
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 17, 2018
My entire life changed when I started working at Transitions. I was able to use my heart in ways I never knew I could. Working one on one with families in a very vulnerable time, was something that scared me at first. However now I am grateful that I have the opportunity to help them in this way. One thing I can say about the owner is he truly does care about the company and he is in this for the right reasons. His passion pours off of him when he speaks. The team we have is top notch! Everyone works together to get the families and patients taken care of. I love making a difference in someone's life and Transitions allows me to do just that.
Pros
Flexible Hours
More than just a job
Healthcare Professional (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2018
Transitions is a company full of passionate people all working towards an amazing mission. Hospice is hard work, but also one of the most rewarding. If you're looking for a job that's going to teach you about yourself and others, then this is the place for you. If you want a company that always puts patient needs first, then this is the place for you. The current team couldn't be more dedicated to each other and their patients. This is why there are cards and letters sent weekly from families who's lives have been changed by such compassionate caregivers!
Proud to work for Transitions Hospice
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntley, ILSeptember 17, 2018
RN Case Manager at Transitions Hospice. Huntley area location. Had prior hospice experience as RN prior to hire at Transitions. Outstanding quality to patient care. Quality to patient care never lacked despite periods of increased growth throughout company. Patient focused care and dedicated staff 24 hours.

Staff is dedicated to working in team approach. Weekly interdisciplinary meeting held weekly and are productive and great learning opportunities. Excellent hospice medical director, physicians, and NPs that respond within minutes to calls, text, emails helping create care plans and treatment orders. Medical team is available for coaching and development of hospice knowledge. NPs have made joint visits to patient homes with me in challenging situations. Acknowledgement from management when visiting corporate office. Hospice CEO, directors, and company leaders make effort to say hello and ask how things are going. Over the years I have participated in meetings with managers who have invited me into office for feedback on ways to promote ways to improve care in the field. Positive and negative feedback was always received professionally. Improvements I have observed over past years has been introduction of the extended care team with dedicated night clinical staff that greatly relieved the daytime clinical staff of heavy afterhours responsibilities. Work life balance improved greatly with this change. As of now it is very rare to be called out for work after hours. If so, pay scales have increased allowing for fair compensation of additional hours worked. My requested for
  more... PTO / Sick time have never been an issue and coworkers and nurse managers have been very understanding for need for vacations and time away from work.  less
Best job ever!
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 17, 2018
Working w/ a fantastic team of professionals that are always there to care /support the patient & their family. Flexible work hours & satisfaction!!!
Good Team Going
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Huntley, ILAugust 11, 2018
I've noticed a big improvement. The team is getting a little more stable in Illinois and it's noticeable. I was able to refer a friend and the Recruiter really took care of them. There's some work that needs to be done but I think they have the team to do it.
Pros
Team is getting there, company learning from mistakes, culture improving
Cons
High Staffing Needs, Benefits need work
Very disorganized company
SN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2018
-Very disorganized (left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing)
-Indiana micromanaged from Illinois (this is why employees leave) current Indy management not able to do the job hired for
-Constant change from positions to structure (causes job insecurity)
-Outdated equipment (previous management attempted to change)
-Lack of communication
-Monthly gas stipend/ no mileage reimbursement (does not cover near the gas for miles driven)
-No direct deposit
-Very high turnover rate (from all of the above)
Pros
12 hours shifts if you like them
Cons
work every other weekend F/Sat/Sun

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transitions Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.