Transitions Hospice Employee Reviews in Huntley, IL

lots of hours
Hospice and Palliative Marketing (Former Employee) –  Huntley, ILJune 6, 2019
my job required a lot of driving all of the north and south suburbs. I worked holidays, weekends and a lot of nights. I was always stressed and did not have a manager to turn to for solutions.
Pros
you are not micro managed
Cons
there is no help when there are issues
Proud to work for Transitions Hospice
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntley, ILSeptember 17, 2018
RN Case Manager at Transitions Hospice. Huntley area location. Had prior hospice experience as RN prior to hire at Transitions. Outstanding quality to patient care. Quality to patient care never lacked despite periods of increased growth throughout company. Patient focused care and dedicated staff 24 hours.

Staff is dedicated to working in team approach. Weekly interdisciplinary meeting held weekly and are productive and great learning opportunities. Excellent hospice medical director, physicians, and NPs that respond within minutes to calls, text, emails helping create care plans and treatment orders. Medical team is available for coaching and development of hospice knowledge. NPs have made joint visits to patient homes with me in challenging situations. Acknowledgement from management when visiting corporate office. Hospice CEO, directors, and company leaders make effort to say hello and ask how things are going. Over the years I have participated in meetings with managers who have invited me into office for feedback on ways to promote ways to improve care in the field. Positive and negative feedback was always received professionally. Improvements I have observed over past years has been introduction of the extended care team with dedicated night clinical staff that greatly relieved the daytime clinical staff of heavy afterhours responsibilities. Work life balance improved greatly with this change. As of now it is very rare to be called out for work after hours. If so, pay scales have increased allowing for fair compensation of additional hours worked. My requested for
  more... PTO / Sick time have never been an issue and coworkers and nurse managers have been very understanding for need for vacations and time away from work.  less
Good Team Going
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Huntley, ILAugust 11, 2018
I've noticed a big improvement. The team is getting a little more stable in Illinois and it's noticeable. I was able to refer a friend and the Recruiter really took care of them. There's some work that needs to be done but I think they have the team to do it.
Pros
Team is getting there, company learning from mistakes, culture improving
Cons
High Staffing Needs, Benefits need work
Compassionate Hospice Company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntley, ILJuly 21, 2018
A typical work day consisted of visiting anywhere from 6-9 patients a day then document on each visit. I learned many things in regards to the end of life symptoms and management. The hardest part of the job is bonding with patients and losing them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the appreciation expressed by the patients for the care provided.
Pros
Great Co workers
Cons
Workload
Great perspective on the industry not enough money
Hospice Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntley, ILMay 21, 2018
I enjoyed working here it just did not pay enough for the amount of driving required. I love the philosophy of care and believe in the CEO's vision. I wish they paid CNAs more.
Pros
Great care philosophy
Cons
too much driving
Medical Social Work intern
Medical Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntley, ILMay 8, 2018
I learned a great deal about what it is like to be a medical social worker. The staff was very helpful in helping me learn to the best of their ability. I highly recommend them for an internship.
Great culture at work place.
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Huntley, ILJanuary 21, 2018
This is a great place to work if you really care about what you do. Hours are long but work hours are flexible. Not paid by mile and automobile stipend does not cover upkeep on car or miles driven.
Pros
Flexiable work hours, Great place to work
Cons
Long hours, not paid by mile
Good company
Registered Nurse-Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntley, ILAugust 22, 2017
Good team work,, decent benefits,, lots of paper work,, driving,, on call,, working over nights,, wonderful patients,, great families,, good pain control,
Fair place to work. Definite improvements are needed for staff satisfaction.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntley, ILJune 28, 2017
Overall company is more focused on achieving the dollar than concerned about patients or staff. Concerns of the nursing staff would be ignored and not addressed.
Pros
few
Cons
too many to list
I loved my job
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntley, ILJune 17, 2017
I enjoyed working with my coworkers both in the office and in the field. I worked with volunteers which was very rewarding.
I did not like the lack of communication that often happened.
I learned to be a self starter, and was challenged in my role.
Hardest part of my job was juggling all the demands of many different areas, sometimes at a very stressful pace.
Pros
Great co-workers, employees and staff are very dedicated.
Cons
Lack of communication from management to staff. very low raises, big turnover.
flexible hours
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntley, ILMay 11, 2017
you can make your own schedule and have a great team. You can spend more time with your patients and provide better care to them as well. Great company as long as the census is up.