Transitions Hospice Employee Reviews for Nursing Assistant

Transitions Hospice is my forever job!
CNA/HA (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 17, 2018
A year and a half ago I left my job interview with my employer from transitions calling my friends and parents telling them ; I think I found the job that is my forever job and my calling in life hospice! I still wake up every day thinking I made the best decision ever when I came to work for Transitions. The love and compassion the owner and his staff have for the patients is phenomenal. When you start a company you start it out with goals, missions and small team to lead the way. When your on the outside looking in it is so great to see everything come into play and exciting things happen. But when your on the inside of this wonderful culture and amazing career and organization, it is like a dream come true. Being a part of such a wonderful group of people providing excellent care to patients in need during the most trying times of their lives and their families lives it is truly a blessing to be a part of.

#TEAMTRANSITIONS
#ALLIN
Pros
Giving patients the care they need and deserve
Compassionate Hospice Company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntley, ILJuly 21, 2018
A typical work day consisted of visiting anywhere from 6-9 patients a day then document on each visit. I learned many things in regards to the end of life symptoms and management. The hardest part of the job is bonding with patients and losing them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the appreciation expressed by the patients for the care provided.
Pros
Great Co workers
Cons
Workload
Great perspective on the industry not enough money
Hospice Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntley, ILMay 21, 2018
I enjoyed working here it just did not pay enough for the amount of driving required. I love the philosophy of care and believe in the CEO's vision. I wish they paid CNAs more.
Pros
Great care philosophy
Cons
too much driving
Not a good company
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 17, 2017
Not a good company for nursing assistant
Company is for management
Over load of clients
Low mileage pay
This sums it up
Not enough assistance to provide patients who are dying
Pros
Cons
Over worked under paid
flexible hours
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntley, ILMay 11, 2017
you can make your own schedule and have a great team. You can spend more time with your patients and provide better care to them as well. Great company as long as the census is up.
Rewarding job that allows you to set your own pace and schedule.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 15, 2016
A typical day working for transitions starts with a drive to your first pt. Once you arrive you provide the palliative care along with general duties any CNA would be expected to perform. Then you would drive to your next location and so on until your daily schedule was complete.
Pros
You make your own schedule, break when you want to, pay is good, paid for mileage on your car.
Cons
A lot of driving is required of you.