Transitions Hospice Employee Review

View all Transitions Hospice reviews

Another Place to Call Home
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 19, 2018
Transitions has been a company that I've never thought I'd end up working for, especially in a field such as hospice. The environment that you work in is unlike any other; from the people in the office you work with, to the field staff you see from time to time. Each with their own duties to help and improve the companies growth everyday.

The company has given me much room for improvement. The work I've done with nurses, doctors, & especially the patients.

Yes, there are difficult positions and duties to fulfill everyday..But hard work doesn't come overnight. If there was one thing that I've learned while working here it's that; you have to put in the work to get the results you want.

You'll meet many people from many different backgrounds & that's what makes this company unique, we all come from different places but yet we still come together to help better the company & also assist our patients in any way possible.
Pros
environment, people
Cons
health insurance

Other Transitions Hospice Employee Reviews

Its like family
Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2019
There are definitely aspects that could use improvement and I wish I could say that CEO level personnel still believed in the mission over the all mighty dollar but the EDs and VPs are still so fantastic that it almost doesn't matter. Ive made a family here and in very sad to be leaving it when I move.
Terrible company.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  East Central IllinoisApril 9, 2019
I was an RN case manager for this company. I loved my work, my patients and their families. It was very rewarding work.
However, management was poor---took forever for them to return phone calls that I made with questions regarding patient care. Often no one would return my calls on weekends.
We worked 12 hour shifts, then would be on call for 12 hours that night and expected to drive up to 2 hours away for any phone
call.Very poor communication.
During my employment, they lost a contract with a large nursing home for poor work and communication.
You couldn't give notice, because they would fire you on the spot if you did.
Very poor training.
I didn't even receive state mandated minimum for my mileage.
I had been an RN for over 20 years and my salary was the worst that I had ever received.
I left and didn't look back.
If you're interested in hospice nursing care; please look elsewhere.
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
VERY expensive healthcare; ridiculous.No raises.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transitions Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.