Transitions Hospice Employee Review

View all Transitions Hospice reviews

Excellent Place to Work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2018
Transitions is a rewarding place to work. The care Transitions provides is different than other hospice companies. I can personally attest for that as I had previous experience with a loved one that received hospice care from another provider. The philosophy the owner has in place is based on doing the right thing for each patient and their families. This comes from the top and is an expectation for each team member. I’ve worked for Transitions for several years and the experience changed me for the better. Everyone from the CEO to the volunteer staff have a warm disposition and will do anything to go the extra mile for a patient and their family. I highly recommend Transitions as an excellent place to work.
Pros
Great benefits, flexibility, compassionate team members, patient centered, open communication, advancement opportunities.

Other Transitions Hospice Employee Reviews

Its like family
Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2019
There are definitely aspects that could use improvement and I wish I could say that CEO level personnel still believed in the mission over the all mighty dollar but the EDs and VPs are still so fantastic that it almost doesn't matter. Ive made a family here and in very sad to be leaving it when I move.
Terrible company.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  East Central IllinoisApril 9, 2019
I was an RN case manager for this company. I loved my work, my patients and their families. It was very rewarding work.
However, management was poor---took forever for them to return phone calls that I made with questions regarding patient care. Often no one would return my calls on weekends.
We worked 12 hour shifts, then would be on call for 12 hours that night and expected to drive up to 2 hours away for any phone
call.Very poor communication.
During my employment, they lost a contract with a large nursing home for poor work and communication.
You couldn't give notice, because they would fire you on the spot if you did.
Very poor training.
I didn't even receive state mandated minimum for my mileage.
I had been an RN for over 20 years and my salary was the worst that I had ever received.
I left and didn't look back.
If you're interested in hospice nursing care; please look elsewhere.
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
VERY expensive healthcare; ridiculous.No raises.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transitions Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.