Transitions Hospice Employee Review

View all Transitions Hospice reviews

Oppressive job with no communication
RN Case Manager Hospice (Former Employee) –  Central East IllinoisOctober 27, 2018
There is no communication with employees and management hides information that directly effects patient care. Benefits are terrible and cost of benefits are extremely high. The company decided to switch insurance providers in the middle of the year, and didn’t tell employees until 2 weeks into open enrollment. Work life balance doesn’t exist, and the company continues to demand more and more from employees but there is never a “thank you” for the extra time that is worked.
Company is not transparent about amount of required call time. They are actually not transparent about anything, and they change or make up rules as they go along. Company will not put anything in writing.
Pros
Cons
Amount of on call

Other Transitions Hospice Employee Reviews

Its like family
Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2019
There are definitely aspects that could use improvement and I wish I could say that CEO level personnel still believed in the mission over the all mighty dollar but the EDs and VPs are still so fantastic that it almost doesn't matter. Ive made a family here and in very sad to be leaving it when I move.
Terrible company.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  East Central IllinoisApril 9, 2019
I was an RN case manager for this company. I loved my work, my patients and their families. It was very rewarding work.
However, management was poor---took forever for them to return phone calls that I made with questions regarding patient care. Often no one would return my calls on weekends.
We worked 12 hour shifts, then would be on call for 12 hours that night and expected to drive up to 2 hours away for any phone
call.Very poor communication.
During my employment, they lost a contract with a large nursing home for poor work and communication.
You couldn't give notice, because they would fire you on the spot if you did.
Very poor training.
I didn't even receive state mandated minimum for my mileage.
I had been an RN for over 20 years and my salary was the worst that I had ever received.
I left and didn't look back.
If you're interested in hospice nursing care; please look elsewhere.
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
VERY expensive healthcare; ridiculous.No raises.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transitions Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.