Transitions LifeCare Employee Reviews

Good people to work with
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 16, 2018
The type of work was quite emotion. The employees were compassionate and kind. The eight hours was full, and there was very little downtime. Liked it that way.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Not great pay
Stressful work enviroment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 29, 2018
The tension was felt as soon as you walked in for work. Rules were never clear. Micromanaging was unbearable. Advancement based on who you know and not what you know.
Unpredictable, varying stress/work schedule.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 5, 2018
Unpredictable schedule. I am an on call RN Monday through Thursday, 500 PM to 800 AM. Duties included pain and symptom management, coordination of care, pronouncing time of death, assisting family members and friends as patient declines and with grieving process.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Unpredictable, on call for 15+ hours nightly.
Great Place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 4, 2017
Great company to work for, Home Health department very small and great team work but no back up plans in place for when employees have scheduled time off. Company overall pleasant
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Over work their staff
Good company. Good benefits
LPN Hospice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 1, 2017
I enjoy working at Transitions. They have great staff and great benefits such as reasonale health insurance, etc. Well managed company and non- profit.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Great Mission with Caring People
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 28, 2017
This organization has a great mission that is carried out by wonderful staff members. It is a mediums sized company so it is hard to move up or out of the position you start out in.
Caring and Compassionate Place to work
Hospice Home RN (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 25, 2017
Management takes views into consideration. Inviting and comforting environment for employees and patients. There is plenty of room for advancement there.
Great Place and Great people
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 21, 2017
Working at Transitions has been an amazing opportunity, the doctors and nurses that we work with are great. I feel as though we are able to make a difference in peoples lives. The workplace culture is good, we are a team and work together. The hardest part of the job is that I work every weekend, the most enjoyable part is that I get to be there during a very crucial part of a persons life.
Pros
great team, great attitude
Cons
Home health was new to transitions
RN case manager for Home Health services (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCMarch 26, 2017
Home health was new to transitions. Home health did not have on call nursing and case managers were often taking call. Unsure if this has changed. Overall good benefits.
Meaningful work with great people for and excellent company
Liaison (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 13, 2017
A typical day as a Nurse Liaison was an ever changing opportunity to provide excellence in care and coordination of care with patient's, families, hospitals, doctors, nurses, case managers and others instrumental in achieving the desires of the Hospice Patient. I learned how to suspend my agenda, perceptions and judgment to successfully meet the patient and family where they are during a most intimate and dynamic time in their lives. I learned that compassion and caring along with honest explanation of how Hospice helps and what Hospice really is helped me to expand in my professional and personal growth. Management was the perfect balance of hands on - hands off. The job gave me the education and autonomy to use my skills and talent in my own way. The culture was open, caring, supportive and had a much appreciated transparency. The most enjoyable part of the job was of course the special connection during a very special time but also how perfectly the job allowed me to have a rich and healthy personal life as well.
Pros
Supportive management and colleagues
Cons
Keeping up with the pace of changes with regulations and guidelines
This is a local company in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 5, 2017
A typical day is anything but typical. The leadership team is awesome. My coworkers are wonderful. If you are looking for teamwork then this is the place. The job is autonomous but you aren't alone, you are able to reach out via telephone to get the answers you need whether it's to the medical director , the leadership team or the manager of nursing services.

*the reviews from out of state are not connected to this company, this is a locally owned company
Pros
Teamwork, patient centered care, company car
Great place to work,
CNA 1 (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 27, 2016
Great place to work and grow in the healthcare field. Great communication between all coworkers. Excellent reputation and wonderful families and patients. Loving and and compassionate environment to work.
company review
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 19, 2016
excellent care given to the residents, family and friends whom they treated with great respect as well as if they were their own family.
the best part of this job was we were a family,working side by side and always there for each other.the most enjoyable part of this job was my contact with residents, family and friends.to lend support or to just listen my greatest joy is to know i made a difference and/or brought a smile to their lips. there isn't any hard parts to this position. there is alot of concern for the families the last time they go out the back door where the hurste is waiting. all in ll this is a fantstic place to work
Transitions LifeCare is a great place to work.
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 24, 2016
Every day, I get to use my skills and talents to help us provide the excellent care that we are known for in the community. In my four years here, I have been given opportunities to learn, grow, and advance while being supported, challenged, and encouraged by the leadership of the organization.
Pros
Mission and value driven organization
Cons
Keeping up with the rapid growth we are experiencing
I enjoy coming to work every day. Everyone - employees, volunteers, leadership and the Board of Directors - is committed to providing the best care.
Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCMay 19, 2016
I have been with Transitions LifeCare, founded as Hospice of Wake County, for 25 years. The strength of the company is our people, our teams and our values. The reward for what I do is the knowledge, the grace and the blessings we get back from patients and families that we serve.
My vision is to increase the utilization of hospice and palliative care. At the end of the day I want to make a tangible difference in people’s lives one patient and family at a time. Helping each patient navigate the end of life is our mission.
What inspires me every day is the commitment of our staff and volunteers, specifically their commitment to quality and being the best at what they do.
We do tough work and work hard. The work culture at Transitions is supportive of each other and our core values are very much alive. The compassion, respect, teamwork and commitment are palpable.
Pros
Being part of an innovative progressive organization leading the transformation of end of life care.
Cons
Keeping up with rapid changes in federal regulations and misdirected federal oversight.
Genuine people providing excellent care
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 19, 2016
My work provides me with an opportunity to truly make a meaningful difference. I have fabulous colleagues who work alongside me and share in my commitment to care. I have a Director who is supportive of my professional growth and development and I genuinely believe in the organization.
Transitions LifeCare puts the patients and families first
Director (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 13, 2016
Of all my years of nursing experience the last 17 years as a Hospice nurse with Transitions LifeCare have been the most rewarding. Transitions LifeCare puts the patients and families first.
This company has a bullying management driven work environment
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 12, 2016
Company is focused on meeting financial and numbers driven needs more so than common sense practice and quality service to its patients and staff. Overbearing micro management culture with frequent bullying tactics employed by managers. There are a number of caring and high quality support staff, nurses, chaplains and social workers who work there but are under the constraints of poor management and leadership. A lot of staff turnover as a result.
Pros
Opportunity to provide care to patients and families in need
Cons
Wonderful mission that is marred by work culture
Great Place. They have a heart of Gold!
Full-Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 23, 2015
Flexible, Family oriented. Great learning experience. Works hours perfect for family. Great Management I worked in the Finance department and excellent staff.
fun place to work until apollo townsend showed up than the employees were leaving like flys dropping
Dietary Aide/lead cook (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 22, 2015
cook meals for residents visit with family members get to know familys bake snacks for residents and familys and employees every day order food items go shopping to food lion weekly go to bjs by weekly use to be able to buy food with out a manager looking over your back and we use to be able to buy our other items from us foodservice that stoped after apollo cane in to the picture
Pros
nice people not any more
Cons
i would not send my worst enemy there now

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transitions LifeCare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4