TRANSPLACE Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Logistics Associate M33 (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 9, 2018
Transplace's work environment is very fast pace and very challenging however, everyone works hard and upper management really doesn't have to micro manage anyone. I've worked here for 6 years and if I weren't moving I'd stay longer.
Pros
Employee Appreciation, Great management, great co-workers and wonderful work schedule.
Cons
VERY demanding and can be very stressful at times.
Transportation Management Company
Sr. Business Analyst / IT Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 4, 2018
While not on the cutting edge of technology, Transplace did try to keep up and offer valuable services to its customers. Everyone was pleasant to work with and overall very nice people. The company was in and out of mergers with other freight solutions organizations, however it needed to do that in order to grow.
Pros
Nice Location
Good daily work environment but that's about it
other (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 21, 2018
The daily work environment and culture is good. Company pays well below market average for like jobs and doesn't recognize industry experience when determining salary. Paid time off is ok but nothing to write home about, especially for experienced professionals. Communication is poor, and promises are made to employees that never pan out with no explanation as to why not. It's an OK place to work for the short term but any logistics professional can do better.
Pros
beer Friday, casual dress code
Cons
lack of communication, broken promises to employees
Not much room for advancement
Intermodal Coordinator CSR (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILApril 7, 2018
Long hours, low pay, no room to grow professionally. Friendly co-workers and lively atmosphere. Stressful environment, learn something new every day
Horrible advancement
ficult situations, etc (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARMarch 12, 2018
Unable to progress, long work hours, pay is minimal, non recognition of hard work, other empolyees talk behind your back and are unwillinh to help others.
Good, Solid Company
Freight Broker (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 4, 2018
If you like fast-paced, competitive, and high-tech operations, then this is the place to be. It's a 3rd party logistics company where you don't need assets (e.g. trucks) to get freight moving. This is a Monday through Friday job, where we arrive at the office at 8 AM and leave by 5 PM, sometimes earlier, sometimes later, depending on the day. When I get there, I greet my fellow employees as I pass by each of them. Once we get set up on our designated work computers, we answer any pressing emails at that moment. If it's a Monday then we jump right into tracking pickups and deliveries that occurred over the weekend and move forward with our work for that day. On any given day, our team of 7 brokers receive on average of 50-100 loads to be worked on together. We each facilitate pickups and deliveries by carriers to have them for freight within 1 mile up to 3000 miles away. It gets stressful, because we have to negotiate rates with carriers in order to get the best price on this process.
Pros
Stable, consistent work, profitable company
Cons
Fast-paced, short lunches, stressful
Good Place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARFebruary 28, 2018
Good place to work but more money is needed. Sometimes the expectations and demands are a little more than what the pay is so it’s hard to find the want and drive to keep pushing to do more and better
Pros
Good working atmosphere
Cons
Not enough money
HIgh paced work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARFebruary 7, 2018
I started at Transplace with zero experience in Transportation. I have learned how to maneuver easily thru all their software programs needed to perform my job duties. Tracking and tracing shipments is the core of the job. Keeping our customer up to date on all freight moving. Contacting multiple shipping locations and multiple trucking companies to seek status on all shipments. Problem solving when freight is late, missing, or changed is a large part of the duties. Multi-tasking is mandatory.
Developing rapport with our customer, carriers, and all others involved with our account is challenging yet very enjoyable. Teamwork is a necessity and that has developed many friendships.
3PL with a lot going on behind the scenes.
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Great job for someone new - pay rates kept lower than the area averages to ensure there is a level of control. Great employees find this out and move on - thus, there is always a job available.
Pros
Plenty of jobs available, they'll train you.
Cons
pay comes over many years, if you know someone and are liked.
best company ever
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 21, 2018
You walk in and immediately you get a sense that everyone wants to actually be there. There is a respectable awe about it and you become proud to be a part of something. Issues with home/work balance are very relaxed. Transplacental actually treats you like an adult. Huge break room. Yoga room free coffee and a fresh market
Pros
catered lunches
Cons
nothing
Overall a Good Company
Vice President and Corporate Controller (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Good business model and leadership team. While not the biggest player, I believe they are one of the strongest and have a nice customer base. Good coverage in the industry.
Growing Company
Operations (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 31, 2017
High pace work environment. Management has high expectations, but understands the need to create a work life balance. Each day is different, you never know what the customers needs will be. This keeps the work from becoming repetitive.
overall
Invoice Processor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 10, 2017
I have great office mates, but with the company's goal to go computerized, my job isn't secure.
Do not like that I am being forced to answer this review just to be able to look for a more secure career.
Great work place
Service Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 3, 2017
I enjoyed the opportunity to learn new things and have the ability to contribute to company projects. Very strong innovative company that teaches new tools to its employees.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Great way to get your foot in the door for transportation industry
OS&D Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARNovember 26, 2017
I've heard that compensation is below average for the industry, but other than that, the company generally treats its people well. Instead of layoffs, for example, if an account is lost or budgetary issues arise for payroll, workers are more likely to be placed in a different role in the company where help is needed rather than laid off.
Competitive company Very busy but structured environment
Logistics Associate M33 (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 10, 2017
The day begins when you sit down..very busy daily. Management isn't bad at all if you do whats expected of you. The people you work with are all great.
Pros
Work Hours
Cons
Went two years with no raise. Not consistent
Could be Stressful and shaky leadership
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARNovember 3, 2017
Stressful work environment with little to no opportunities for advancement. Long hours, with frequent weekends. Leadership does not take an active role in developing associates.
Good place
OS&D Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AROctober 25, 2017
This is a good company to work for. The people are friendly and the work is interesting if you're into transportation. It's a small company, close-knit, and they make you feel welcome.
Made lasting relationships
LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 30, 2017
Management for my department needed to get their acts together. They planned poorly and were not helpful. Pre prepared to do everything yourself, with no help from management no matter how many times you ask for help.
Awesome
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 26, 2017
I enjoy working here. My manager is awesome. Always makes sure I'm aware of what's going on and is very helpful. Manager is very understanding and cares about his employees.
Pros
Free lunch at times
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TRANSPLACE. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.4Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight