Transplace Employee Reviews

Don't Work Here
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 28, 2019
Pay is low, management does not listen to ideas. Will not let you grow within the company. Too many "Chiefs". Lots of gossip within departments. Technology is outdated always crashing. With this said, if you are the on-call person, you are almost certain to receive a call stating that some system is down. Then you will have to spend countless hours resolving the issue and is expected to report to work the following day at required time.
Pros
Cons
Read review
3PL Logistics Firm
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 27, 2019
I joined Transplace as part of an acquisition. The corporate culture quickly changed from an employee centered family business to a corporate machine. The expectations of each employee was to work 50-60hrs a week without overtime pay for salaried employees. They also do not pay competitive wages. The management structure changed frequently and provided poor oversight of day to day operations. Advancement opportunities were not reflective of ability and education. Instead, opportunities were offered based on nepotism. There are few women or minorities in leadership roles.
Pros
Moderate benefits
Cons
Poor work/life balance, lack of training, few advancement opportunities
The worst
Supply Chain Planner (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 11, 2019
This company management is atrocious. The only thing worse is the lack of technology. They are not competitive with other 3PLs in terms of editing capability, business intelligence tools and not even a routing guide. They have not established themselves as experts to the customer therefore the customer dictates without any actual basis. This is not a supply planner role. This is a role of building loads and brokering. All of the job description is clearly exaggerated. There will be nothing of the sort. Management is poorly trained and does not understand the business. They are disorganized with a bad attitude and a hysterical mess. They are lacking in knowledge of basic functions in Excel and word and completely lose their ability to operate if you cannot conform to their archaic processes. Not open to change and not able to provide examples of how/when there will be implementation of tools commonly used in the industry by most other 3pls. Total trash company. Trash Management
Pros
Cons
Everything is a mess
Has a lot to offer, however Management Stinks.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 2, 2019
The company has an amazing Culture. The only thing is, they don't apply it across the board. If Transplace followed and applied their Rules of Culture to everyone, I believe they would be a fantastic company to work for.

It's a hit or miss. Management doesn't care to fight for their team or employees below them. Human Resources isn't a place where I would feel comfortable going to nor did I have high confidence in.

Transplace provides vendors throughout the week for lunches. Throws company parties for the holidays in the office. The job is fun. I learned a lot about logisitcs in a very short time.
Pros
Laid back, great IT department, schedules are pretty accommodating
Cons
Management doesn't seem to take as much interest in their team, Too busy to assist or "it's not my job attitude. Managers don't fight for their employees or team
Logistics Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PADecember 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at Transplace. I learned a lot about transportation logistics. I liked booking the outbound truckloads. We had to work as a team to make sure we met the needs of our customers. I learned to work more efficiently in Microsoft office. Management was focused on creating a very productive atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a team, and working together to find solutions. Overall, Transplace is a wonderful place to work.
Good place to work if content with not moving up
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARNovember 6, 2018
If you are competitive and always seeking opportunities to grow your skills and knowledge of the business you're working for the Transplace is not the place for you. If you are content spending the rest of your career doing the exact same thing every day without a desire to learn any other aspects of the business then Transplace is a great place to work.
Pros
Competitive Pay and Benefits
Cons
Not many opportunities to advance and grow
Okay place
Check caller/Appt setter (Former Employee) –  Lowell, AROctober 5, 2018
A certain "manager" liked to choose favorites and start rumors often. She went to HR with false statements, and made people that didnt kiss up to her, feel unwanted and unappreciated.
Cons
Great benefits and good pay
good company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 29, 2018
Good company. In this company they had let me innovate in all the productive processes for the benefit of our clients. I had the opportunity to be in cherge of personnel of different areas: warehouse, office, fortklift operators, etc.
Pros
free lunches
Not worth investment
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 21, 2018
It is not worth investing your time and talent with an organization that encourages racism and mistreatment. This is a small office with a lot of politics, drama, and favoritism. You are better off going to a different company where you will be treated better.
Transplace Was a Great Place to Work!
INVOICE RESOLUTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOAugust 18, 2018
Although it took longer than expected to be called for an assignment, it was well worth the wait. Transplace gets a 5 out of 5 in my book. The only thing that could have made the experience better would be job security/advancement.
Pros
True Flex Scheduling
Cons
Seems adversely difficult to secure a position.
Poor management and job overview
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 13, 2018
Transplace was poorly managed. Most of the employees I needed to remain in contact with were 2000 miles away in Lowell, AR. Most of the employees did not support any of the work my team in Greenville put together and often got a lot of push back from their team. It was very unorganized. When I would try to arrange meetings, employees crucial to the operation would cancel or flat out miss the meeting. It was a mess.
Great workplace culture
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  509 Enterprise Drive Lowell, ARJuly 25, 2018
Transplace is a great place to work and it really cares about their employees and customers

Good job work / Life balance

The compensation and Benefits are reasonable compared to other business's

The hardest part of the job is that personally I was overloaded with accounts so it made it hard to meet the customers needs. Too overloaded made it hard to provide the customer service that the customers need and deserve.
Pros
Benefits and compensation
Cons
To many accounts to provide good customer service
Management sucked
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 18, 2018
The job was good management was not. She had her favorites and if you was not among them few you had no chance or opportunity for advancement. She definitely didn’t deserve to hold a manager title
Educational learning for Transportation Management
Operations Manager/ Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 17, 2018
Transportation management of accounts on a 3rd party basis. Provided more deep knowledge of automated transportation systems. Culture was one of ease and caring.
Pros
Small company atmosphere
Poor Communication
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 10, 2018
Transplace does not communicate well with it's employees and there is little relevant training. You will learn by the mistakes that you make and vital information is not shared by management.

The benefit packages are good; outside of compensation. Compensation does not increase at the same rate your responsibilities do by any stretch of the imagination.
Pros
It's never boring
Cons
Communication, compensation
Great place to work!
LTL Capacity Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJune 19, 2018
I am not micro managed. I was taught then trusted to manage my business as needed. Managements door is always open for question. Benefits could be a lot better but a very good place to work.
.Good
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJune 11, 2018
A good place to work. Lots going on and several accounts you can transfer to and from. Always an opportunity to advance or more to another department.
Good.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 7, 2018
I learned a lot of things like how to use the forklift
and everything was good.
everyday I learned something new.
the hardest part of that job was being punctual.
Pros
nice breaks
Cons
was to hot inside.
Productive and Fun Place to Work For
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARMay 22, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of tracking and tracing of packages from our teams account via cargo,trailer etc from the pick-up to the delivery locations.
not much to say
Colgate Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARMay 17, 2018
this is a good place to work, unfortunately i had to leave due to medical reasons and as of now i am not sure if i will go back that is the reason i am pursuing other options with a better salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transplace. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight