Transportation Insight Employee Reviews

Great entry career
Operations Planner (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 28, 2017
Transportation Insight is great for fresh college graduates to get their feet wet and understand logistics. TI is also a great foundation to learn how the business world works.
Nice
Data Entry Typist (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 6, 2017
This is a casual place to work. All employees are friendly and ready to help each other in whatever area. I feel that to grow within the company all depends on who you know in the company.
Not recommended
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 21, 2017
The management is seriously lacking direction and guidance. Leadership is not willing to take a stand for policies and procedures. Each department has it's own set of rules. The "boys club" is very much alive and well.
(Data Processing) Stressful but motivating work environment, always busy
Edi Processing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 13, 2017
Transportation Insight is a wonderful growing company in Hickory NC, and I have been a proud employee here for almost 2 years. There are pros and cons to every job.. Although they start you off with high hopes -- giving you the impression that you can potentially make much higher than your entry pay, they make it nearly impossible to get a raise of more than a dollar or two. Despite this, there is much competition and motivation to set high goals since each person's performance is essentially public.
Current Employee
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 2, 2017
The company is growing tremendously every year, great work place with co-workers and environment. Only downfall is the management says they are going to change certain things, or do this or that, but never stick with there word. Also wish that managers would treat all there employees the same. (Part-time get less acknowledged than Full-time employees)
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Great Job Outlook, Employees
Horrible work environment
Outsource execution (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCApril 27, 2017
Managers that do not manage by example. Health care very expensive and not very good. The hard work of a few do most the work while most do not show up on time or at all.
Cons
Healthcare very expensive
Data Entry & Auditing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 13, 2017
Monday - Friday work week with weekends off. Great company to work at with an amazing culture that promotes family & faith. Very professional environment.
Pros
Mon-Friday work week. Off Sats & Sundays
Cons
Low pay scales
Productive Work Environment
Processing Assistant - Data Keyer (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 27, 2017
A great place to work as long as you can meet their goals with the constant changes.The other co-workers are very friendly and always willing to help each other achieve the goals they set.
Great entry level experience
Operations Planner (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 8, 2016
Great entry experience for those interested in logistical careers. Positive working environment with great staff of employees. There are some opportunities to advance into higher positions if willing to cross-train.
Nice Culture
Client Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 11, 2016
You would benefit from this ever growing company. They offer college graduates the opportunity to become work oriented and offer experienced individuals the ability to exhibit their skills and knowledges for the transportation business.
Nice people, lousy benefits, questionable product
Supply Chain Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCSeptember 16, 2016
A lot of nice people work at TI. It's a terrific place for a new graduate, or career changer.

There's a lot of lip service about doing the right thing, but that's not reflected in actions.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Many offerings are of dubious value.
No training
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 18, 2016
Management has no clue and it shows in high turnover. Promising training and never delivering. One person trying to figure it out while the rest of the dept chats or stays on cellphones. A shame for a growing company.......
Pros
Nice work area
Processing Assistant - Former Employee - Hickory, NC
Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCApril 13, 2016
Don’t expect much training in the Data Entry Department at TI. They show you what to do for about a day (maybe two if you’re lucky) and then throw you out there to fend for yourself. You either get it or you don’t. There is so much to learn in this department because each company’s invoices are different. If you ask questions you feel like you are bothering people. During my time there, the management didn't really care enough to give me any feedback although I specifically asked for it.

The starting salary is $11 an hour and you are considered a temp for 90 days. In this time you are expected to input 25 invoices an hour. After the job becomes permanent you are on production. Any invoices that you input over the 25 will help increase your salary. The amount you do is averaged out per month. They neglect to tell you that the deck is stacked against you. If you make one (1) error they will take 4 (or 5) invoices from your total count. Without proper training, you could make a lot of errors.

For a billion dollar company the pay is really shabby. It’s like they are trying to give the employees in this department carpel tunnel by making this a production job.

Breaks are 10 minutes, not 15 like most companies. This company stresses breaks for smokers which is bizarre. If you need a break to eat or drink or rest they are not too concerned. There are also very few restroom facilities for the amount of women that work there.

When I started working in the Data Entry department I got the flu and was absent 2 out of 11 days. This department is not tolerate of sickness
  more... so we parted ways. The Processing Department seems to have quite a bit of turnover.  less
Pros
Nice people, lots of natural light in the building
Cons
Shabby training with little leeway to ask questions; short breaks
Fun and Relaxed Environment
Operations Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 24, 2015
A typical work day is pretty normal. There are some moments through out the day were emails and phone calls pick up but not to crazy. I work by myself most of the time. I am able to work at my own pace and prioritize the most important tasks. The pay is OK. The benefits is pretty expensive. Most of all I really like this company.
Pros
Chill work environment
Cons
Benefits and pay
Great culture
Client Development Associate /Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 5, 2015
Transportation Insight's culture is one of service to others and encouragement of work-life balance. The new world Headquarters located in Hickory, NC is the most employee friendly building I have ever worked in - In fact, it is a truly great place to report to work everyday.
Pros
Great co-workers and experienced Leadership team
Cons
Paid time off is minimal
wonderful place to work
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 2, 2015
I love working with Transportation Insight. They are a wonderful company to work for. I love doing data entry and I have learned so much from my time with this Company. I feel as though this company has taught me about the real world.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
healthcare
The Best Job i ever had
Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hickory NCJuly 31, 2015
I absolutely loved this job, i hated that i had to leave. i had my own desk name tag, phone line, i was moving up. i had good hours, got payed well. A lot of paper work but i got my work done. i was happy with my co-workers and manager. I learned that i can do anything i want because i never imagined moving up from the mail room to a processing assistant. The Hardest Part was just getting what needed to be done at a certain time. it always got done. The most enjoyable part of this job is the whole job itself. If i didn't have to move to Charlotte to finish school i still would be there.
Great working environment
Client Solutions Director/Sales (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJune 17, 2015
Great working environment with opportunity to grow pipeline. Total support from company and always improving to stay ahead of the competition.
Pros
Freedom to run you own business/pipeline
Great company, lots of benefits, very family oriented.
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCApril 28, 2015
I was busy from the time I walked in the door until the time I left. I was able to make decisions and was responsible for many things. The management is great and they encourage job change if you would like to try a different area of the company.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Can't think of anything
Good place to work and gain experience
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 19, 2015
I was put right into account management from day one which allowed me to learn on the job. Great support team around you to allow you to ask questions as you are learning. Management is supportive and provides plenty of opportunities for training.
Pros
Good learning place. Exposed to many types of companies and shipping modes
Cons
Location and compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transportation Insight. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.7

2.1Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Transportation Insight Reviews by Location