Transtar Industries, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Transition to new management team rough
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 9, 2018
After the 5th M & A, the new upper management teams far inferior to the existing team. They came from a failing business and tried to instill their former business model into Transtar and created a culture of receding morale.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Upper Management
The job was fun
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Northfield, OHJanuary 3, 2018
At Transtar we pulled orders to make kits, that we would the stage for shipping, because of order picking speed promoted to work as a picker all day, it was a fun competitive environment.
A laboring job
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHNovember 15, 2017
Everyday, we would come in and go over safety regulations, then get our duties for the day and goals we needed to reach. It was a really well planned job. Work was tough, but not impossible to do.
Company rebuilding
Export Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHNovember 9, 2017
This company was going through a management change. During this time the morale of the employees was down. The change in management effected most job titles.
Loved my job
Warehouse/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVOctober 30, 2017
Didn't plan on leaving got the call this morning they're shutting the doors down as of November 15, 2017 I don't think they should have done this this close to the holidays should've waited till after the first of the year
Good work place
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 26, 2017
I loved the work,and the people that I worked with. Worked on own accounts. Got backup if needed. Worked on 1106 customers, worth 2.2 million dollars.,
Pros
Got an hour lunch
Do not work here
Gen Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 8, 2017
This is a warning to everybody looking at this position: this company will keep you until they have to pay you your benefits after 3 months and then "lay you off". Plus, you get 10 dollars an hour for hard work in a terribly hot warehouse. Better luck finding a job elsewhere, I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy.
Was a great place to work until new management take ove in June 2017
Branch and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 2, 2017
Basically, you do not fill a part of the team. Do as I say not as I do! The pressure is unreal. You can not tell them the real reason that sales are soft. They already have their idea established.
Cons
Every one was willing to help
Inventory Coordinator/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHAugust 28, 2017
Everyone was pleasant, helpful, if you didn't understand something there was always some one near by that would help clarify. Not only your immediate supervisor, but any department supervisor was more than willing to give you guidance. To me the hardest part of the job was not knowing how to help someone right away. I would always find the answer or direct them to somebody that could help. I felt the most enjoyable part of the job was helping, and being able to work as a team to get things accomplished.
Pros
Getting the time off you needed.
Cons
not enough parking space
Good place to work.
International Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, Ohio, USAJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company and for our customers all over the whole. I have learnt so much about customer services to deal with foreign customers with different background/culture also had gained the knowledge of exporting goods to oversea via both air/ocean.
A typical day
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Palm River-Clair Mel, FLMay 23, 2017
A typical day at transtar. Is any normal day for a person who love to drive and listen to your own music. You drive your own car/suv/truck and deliver auto parts to customers.
Pros
Listen to your own music
Cons
Use own car
Fast Paced Environment
Forklift Operator - Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2017
If you'd like to stand by a moving belt and pack chocolate bars into a box rapidly until your box contains the quantity required for shipping. I think I'd like to advance from cleaning the floors, and operating the forklifts for a while and gather raw ingredient for mixture in a machine that can hold over five-thousand pounds of premade "cookie dough" protein for protein bars.

I mixed ingredients and sample tested my finished product after following a sophisticated batch formulas. Then after you carry and empty the large bags of raw ingredient, measuring to certain a certain weight ( lbs.) you then