TransUnion Employee Reviews

Not a fun place if other than HQ's
Associate Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 10, 2019
Didn't like the favoritism or unnecessary pleasing attempts done by middle managers and creating pressure on new employees to do the same.
Would have been fun if it's HQ.
Cons
No empathy for employees
Review: Fun place to work
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2019
This was a fun place to work. The people were very laid back but very professional in how they engaged clients. They were very helpful in sharing their expertise when necessary.
Pretty good company with potential
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Crum Lynne, PAJanuary 3, 2019
The people are very friendly and since it is a small office in PA everyone seemed to know each other. Typical call center environment. The management seemed like they were new to their positions and were still learning. Some signs of favoritism.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Seems cut throat
TU has changed and not for the better
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2018
TU's culture has changed from employee focused to dividend focused. Since the company's IPO the drive to buy more companies and run more projects has run the employees and managers to the ground. Even though the company has high earnings the budgets have been cut and the infrastructure is left to age. The staffing is flat so you are left to do twice as much work with the same headcount. Turnover is high and morale is low. What used to be a good place to work a couple of years back, has now become a place people are leaving for better companies and work/life balance. Senior management is clueless and they are reactive to the environment and do not have any strategies moving forward.
Pros
Office is close to Union Station
Cons
Senior management is clueless and do not have backbone to support you.
January 3, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience; TransUnion values your opinion. If you’d like to speak with someone about your review, please send us an email at LifeAtTU@transunion.com.

Productive and diverse workplace
Global Technology Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2018
I worked with a team of very nice and understanding people. My manager and supervisor truly cared about me as a person. Everyone in the building were very friendly as well. The company is extremely diverse. I have networked with people who have worked at TransUnion for many years, even more than a decade and who were from different countries. Most of the time lunch would be provided for everyone on every floor, so you wouldn’t have to go out and buy lunch. You were also free to go anywhere downtown and buy lunch and if it was anywhere really far you would have to notify your supervisor or manager. You could eat lunch at your desk, in the cafeteria on your floor or the main cafeteria on the first floor. You could work on any floor as long as you notify your supervisor or manager. You had the freedom to go into a studio or huddle for privacy. My team and others were very helpful in making the job easy and comfortable, so there were no hard parts. I would come in, go to my desk, start up my laptop and begin to work, go to lunch, come back and work, then go home. I could freely ask questions if I had any and we would have meetings two days a week. Whenever the company would have events, they were extremely fun, there would a ton of people and everyone would receive snacks/food and free TransUnion merchandise like shirts, hats, glasses, backpacks, pens,etc. It was a great experience overall and I definitely want to make accounting a career.
Pros
Free Lunches, Game Room, Freedom To Go Get Lunch Whenever You Wanted, You Could Work On Different Floors, and You Could Go Isolate Yourself For Personal Reasons In A Huddle Or Studio Room.
January 3, 2019

We love seeing your positive experience! Thank you for finding time to write a review.

No longer in business
Closer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 12, 2018
Was a good place to work before the recession hit. Then I was laid off. The president at the time was a little much, and inappropriate in the way he handled situations
Company is no longer in the Settlement business

Good Benefits and Flexible hours, Management is unfocused
Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 12, 2018
TransUnion over the years has made great strides in moving from a stuffy and conservative environment to being cutting edge. However, the company has done too many acquisitions and has lost focus. Management is disconnected from associates and has unclear vision.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Vacation, Flexible hours
Cons
Management, Different policies for different areas

Thank you for sharing your review – TransUnion values your feedback.

Excellent place to learn how credit impacts our lives on a daily basis.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2018
Working at TransUnion gave me the opportunity to learn how to manage complex life decisions regarding finances. It also taught me how to handle large corporate account portfolios. TU is an excellent company to enhance reporting utilization, and databases. I learned the importance of the privacy act and what it means to be to opt out of certain credit offers.
Pros
Extremely helpful company in managing finances.

Work Life
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 27, 2018
The culture and work life at TU is amazing. They believe heavily in empowering there employees to make decisions that may ave large impacts on the company.
November 28, 2018

We love seeing your positive experience as a TransUnion associate! Thank you for finding time to write a review.

Good people, culture, office location and benefits
HR BUSINESS PARTNER III (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2018
I would highly recommend Transunion as a great place to work. Their benefits were progressive and generous, good visibility to senior executives through quarterly town halls and business was generally good which always helps.

Amazing Place to Work
VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2018
TransUnion is an amazing place to work. From the leaders to the people to the benefits, a career at TransUnion provides the whole package. Each day has new challenges and new things to learn and develop. Diversity and associate programs are integral to the culture and flexibility in terms of schedules and work from home options are fostered. Overall a great and highly recommended company to work for.
November 28, 2018

It’s exciting to hear how passionate you were about working at TU! Thanks for sharing your review.

Trans Union is a great place
vendor platform manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2018
Good leadership, strong product, strong marketplace. The company keeps re-inventing itself and continues to bring strong credit products to a very long list of top tier clients
Pros
work hours
Cons
training

Job
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2018
Location good if commuting on train (right across the street from Union Station). Progressive company delivering good products to customers. Unclear / changing business priorities make it difficult to navigate.
Pros
Location, flexible work
Cons
Change in directions
November 6, 2018

Thank you for sharing a review of your time at TransUnion - we value your feedback.

Tough work environment but lots of opportunities to learn.
Database Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2018
It is a tough work environment but the employees are extremely knowledgeable so it give ample opportunity to learn. There is very little flexibility in work schedules.
November 6, 2018

Thanks for sharing such great feedback! TU cares about your experience as an associate, so we appreciate you taking the time to write this review.

Intern Experience
Student Leader, Financial Service Analytic Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2018
Heavily depends on your manager, but overall the experience was fantastic. The general intern program offers a lot of activities such as boat tour, resume workshop.
November 6, 2018

I’m glad your internship at TU was so positive and that you’re willing to write about your time here. Thanks for the feedback!

Management should improve its attitude to employees
Quality Assurance Engineering Manager / Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2018
A huge gap between declared HR policies and real practice and life on TU. An appraisal process of a manager by their direct and indirect reporting people should be in place and results should be reviewed by the Board at least twice a year.
November 6, 2018

Thank you for sharing your review. I’m happy to put you in contact with a member of our HR team, if you’d like to discuss further. Email us at LifeAtTU@transunion.com.

Good Environment
Python Developer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 31, 2018
Always had positive feedback from people. Good employees always encourage me to do new things and helped me to achieve my goal at the end. Nice people to work with
August 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive outlook during your time at TU!

Smaller company feel but good market presence
Senior Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 23, 2018
TransUnion Rental Screening Solutions had the feel of a smaller startup company. Good market presence and a competitive product. Salary and compensation was on the lower end for this industry, but a collaborative environment as most employees were office based.
August 31, 2018

Very good company overall
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2018
Transunion is overall a very good company. However, in some departments, management won't promote/increase salary unless you get job offer from other company. I don't like this.
August 22, 2018

Great company, complex solutions to sell
Sr. Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 19, 2018
Great Leadership on our team. Remote Work hours, shared workspace for meetings, excellent benefits - medical and dental- Learned a lot about government proposal writing and about the requirements for data in insider threat programs. Management cares about the people. Hardest part of the job is coordinating all of the legal requirements for bringing solution to realization with customer. Best part of job is talking to people about unknown capabilities.
Pros
Excellent Support from Headquarters Staff.
Cons
Difficult to navigate legal parameters for enabling use of solutions
August 22, 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive review – TransUnion values your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransUnion. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight