TransUnion Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A great place to work!
Special Handling Rep. 2 (Current Employee) –  Crum Lynne, PAJune 12, 2018
Some departments are difficult but the company does its best to make it a fun work environment. Some department are more flexible than others so your experience here can vary by who you’re manager is. But theirs a lot of room for growth and you can apply to others positions that for your style better.
Official response from TransUnion
June 20, 2018

We love seeing your positive experience as a TransUnion associate! Thank you for finding time to write a review.

Review Summary
ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Crum Lynne, PAJune 2, 2018
TransUnion is a great company and I highly recommend working for them. I learned a lot. A typical day varies. Management is cool. Hardest part of the job is time management.
Official response from TransUnion
June 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive outlook during your time at TU!

Okay
Representative (Current Employee) –  Crum Lynne, PAMay 13, 2018
Company is okay. The management is awful. I would stay if I had a different manager. Benefits are great. Nice perks. Events, pay is good, pto, sick time, raffles, food, gym.
Pros
Benefits, Events, Pay, Pto, sick time
I love TransUnion's Rental Screening Services
Sr. Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMay 7, 2018
I was recruited out of there to work for Shutterstock and start their API Solutions Engineering team. I still have some of my best career memories there at TransUnion Rental Screening Services (TURSS). The upper-management was extremely helpful, open, caring and amazing at mentoring younger staff. Maybe someday I will go back to help with their APIs!
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
A lot of support on-call
Challenging and meaningful
C Developer, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2018
Great environment and co-workers but challenging work. Which came with opportunities to learn new technologies and grow. The company has definitely grown over the years, for the better.
Forward thinking company with great benefits, but a few quirks
Manager I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2018
Overall a great company with a down-to-earth culture. Senior management is progressive and forward thinking when it comes to products, investments, associate benefits and the future direction of the company.

My biggest complaint would be that global technology (IT) is so mired in process that it causes slow responses and an unhelpful culture. I frequently got bounced from contact to contact with a "not my job" attitude. I understand that data security is paramount, but a better job needs to be done to compartmentalize different groups from a security standpoint, so that new and innovative technologies can be used to gain process efficiencies.

I received two skip-level promotions in 4 years for my hard work, (one within the last year), and then was re-org'd out. Job security is apparently non-existent, even for high performers.
Pros
Flexible time off, amazing benefits, great culture for a large company
Cons
Extreme data security causes slow technology evolution for internal associates, job security, lean running management philosophy = lack of resources
I enjoyed my experience there
Jr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2018
Everyone was very welcoming and believed in teamwork. They were working towards a wellness atmosphere when my time ended there. I enjoyed working there and my managers were great.
Game Changing, Stable and Fun Environment
Complaint Specialist (Current Employee) –  Crum Lynne, PAMarch 16, 2018
I came to Transunion after working in the banking industry for almost 10 years. Only a few weeks into my position, I knew I found what I was looking for and decided this is were I could grow as a person, professionally and personally. You have the opportunity to meet lifelong friends here, the people make the company. The work-life balance is great in addition to the benefits that encourage it. Even after a particularly long and tiresome day, the knowledge that you may have educated someone and/or provided assistance with obtaining a life changing piece of credit is gratifying.
Pros
Days off, benefits, bonuses
Cons
exasperated consumers
Nurturing family away from home
Quality Assurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Crum Lynne, PAMarch 15, 2018
TransUnion has striven to provide a nurturing environment, allowing employees to explore different career paths. Work days are never exactly the same due to the driving need to provide the best service possible to consumers. I have learned to adapt to various environments and priorities, while reaching for an overarching goal, doing right by the consumers. TransUnion values diversity of thought and people. Working collaboratively with various people, and being able to contribute to innovative solutions, are truly enjoyable aspects of the job. Management is keen on developing homegrown leaders, and is open to new ideas.
Challenging Work Environment
Senior Consumer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Crum Lynne, PAMarch 13, 2018
One of the greatest things about working at Transunion is that I'm regularly pushed to exceed my potential and faced with new challenges all the time!
Pros
Regular Engagement Activities and Supportive Environment
Cons
Not enough available parking
Collaborative Management
Designer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working with everyone. Especially the management - everyone is quick to offer constructive criticism. I am a young designer and this is a perfect opportunity for me to build experience.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Support Representive (Current Employee) –  Crum Lynne, PAMarch 1, 2018
I look forward to going into work everyday. I love the people I work with as like they are family. Transunion really values its employees. They also help you grow with in the company and make this a life career. so many people that work here have been here 20-40 years. That shows you that Transunion really values its employees and treats them good.
Pros
Free lunch, Fun compitons, always learning new things
Fast paced cutting edge in technology
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 17, 2018
A Large very successful company, Fast paced, talented managers, global company, many locations. I was part time and worked from home in marketing. I attended the sales shows to sell TLO software products. They bought out TLO in 2013.
Pros
Very successful company to be a part of
Cons
Not enough interaction with my manager since I was working from home.
Great Place to Work
Intern - Health Care Products (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 9, 2018
Interned for summer. Worked on challenging real-life problems. Was a new team so helped organize their work and focus on key business objectives. Set metrics to measure performance.
Great Company
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2018
Great company to work for!!! The work is fast paced and the environment is excellent . You can learn a lot on a daily base improving your skills to continue to grow.
Great place to work for
Sr Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 29, 2018
When you leave your employer, you don't leave the company, you leave a manager.

That was my case.

The environment and the people I worked with was amazing and will be deeply missed
Pros
CEO truly cares for his employees
Cons
Chain of command does not work
No comment
Director, Business Development (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2018
Great company, great benefits, great people to work with. An innovative company that has a clear vision and empowers its employees to execute on that vision.
good company to work at
Linux System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2018
Very good environment to work at, fiendly team peers, learnt lots of things at this company, has its own gym, close to everything, casual dressing, lots of departments.
The management there were great to work for .
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSJanuary 7, 2018
Working at transunion was a different kind of work for me. Had weekends off , holidays , paid time off and vacation , it was really a dream job . The salary was a little to low .
Pros
the hours were wonderful
Cons
Low salary
Pretty OK company
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2018
This company was pretty ok to work with. My manager was a bit on the rude side. My team lead was one of the most amazing people I have ever encountered!