Transwest Employee Reviews

crazy hours, not much action
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 21, 2018
A typical day at work is waking up a 3am to be to work by 4am. You have about 4 hours of scheduled shuttle/bus runs and then you are on call for the remainder of the day to pick up/drop off employees to their designated areas.

Hi,
just to be clear, we don't have a facility in Seattle. Unfortunately, I believe you have posted to the wrong organization. Best of luck!

Productive, enjoyable. Talking to different individuals
Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 14, 2018
Shuttle construction workers at the beginning of the shift to worksite, off for 3 hours, report back to construction site and returned workers to their personal cars as they ended their day. Normal start time 6 am, end of shift 6 pm.

Hi,
Great review! If you ever consider moving to the Colorado area, give us a call!! Unfortunately, we don't have a Portland facility so you may be posting this to the wrong board! Best of luck to you!!

trans west was a god job for me
Lawn crew (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 3, 2018
I liked working at transwest they paid me decent and had some good benefits. Working there was only bad because of me having to work in that type of weather.
Pros
benifits
Cons
working in that type of weather

Hi,
Great feedback! We unfortunately, don't have a location in Oklahoma City. Stay warm!!

Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, CONovember 27, 2017
I have only been a part of the Transwest family for two months, but it has been a great two weeks. I work in the Summit Bodyworks division, and management does a great job of listening to suggestions and making improvements. SBW seems to genuinely care about their employees.

Hi,
Thanks for the fantastic feedback! I'm a big fan of the team at Summit Bodyworks, too! We're glad to have you onboard, we do care about you!! Cheers to a great work environment, full of long term possibilities!!

TransWest was great.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Taft, CANovember 25, 2017
When I come into work grave shift was great because TransWest pay more from grave shift. I was agreed my 80 hours plus some. I like that the company paid for my uniform every time I worked. I really enjoy working from Transwest I would go back and work for another different company that has Transwest as contractors.
Pros
great pay and uniforms were included
Cons
nothing

Hi,
I believe you meant to post this to another company's board, we unfortunately do not have an office in California! Should you find yourself in Colorado, give us a call! Best of luck!

Terrible work place
Entry Level Technician (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CONovember 8, 2017
People are rude and inconsiderate. Everybody is cut throat and only cares about themselves. If you ask for assistance they act like its a huge deal and make you feel insignificant

Hi,
thank you for your honest and candid feedback! While we hope this isn't truly the case, we understand that your experience is your own. Your review will be passed along to the management team and used as an opportunity to improve. Our employees are our greatest asset! Hopefully, you are still with us, and hopefully your experience has improved. Always feel free to use the voice that you have within our HR department at Transwest.

Good Pay, Questionable Management
Service Writer/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 26, 2017
TransWest offers standard benefits and good pay once you've worked there for over a year. I learned a lot about professionalism, sales, and team management. However, there were serious issues with management and turnover that resulted in poor morale. I think that if management had focused on recruiting experienced techs (and paying them more fairly) and training the younger techs better, we wouldn't have had such a serious turnover problem. A typical day was very fast-paced and at times stressful; but it could also slow to a crawl depending on demand. It was always rewarding to get a driver back on the road ahead of schedule or earning a new client and increasing revenue. But at the end of the day the most enjoyable part was all the hilarious conversations and moments I had with my co-workers.

Hi,
thank you so much for taking the time to give us your honest impressions and feedback. We feel that we do have a great team at Transwest (including you!) and are always on the lookout for experienced techs. As you may know, finding experienced talent in a market with such a low unemployment rate isn't always easy. It's a balance to get the right mix of employees. We're glad to have you (and are always looking to give out an recruiting referral bonus if you know of anyone looking for a position with us!)

We appreciate your effort!

Shop environment is great
Heavy Duty Truck Technician (Current Employee) –  Belton, MOSeptember 12, 2017
Have really exceled in the mechanical profession from working with the transwest staff as well as gained experience working on various amd diversified welding jobs. I belive the opportunities i have gained at transwest have really helped me to expand my options.
Pros
Work with schedule well
Cons
Flate rate shop with management that doesnt understand

Hi,
thanks for your feedback! We're glad to have you on our team! Of course, we'll share your thoughts with our management team and look for opportunities to communicate better. We are glad to have you and are excited to see you growing in your role! Thanks for being a part of the Transwest team!

busy
Alterative Person In Charge (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 5, 2017
a stepping stone job. its a hurry up and wait kind of job. Environment is a decent place to work. Hardest part of the job is keeping my self busy at al times.

Hi,
Hope you found a way to keep busy! Unfortunately, Transwest Trucks doesn't have a location in Bakersfield. Our environment is always busy (should you ever make it out to Colorado!)

Best of luck to you!

Do your homework before applying here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COAugust 13, 2017
Talk to other employees before accepting a position with this compan
there is no room for advancement. you have to be in tight with owner. Job was not challenging. Pay was good but they didnt like you making the others look bad that had been there awhile. Pacing yourself and lots of leisure time. Dont complain about anything you will get fired. Keep your head down if you want to work here. Managment has no say. They dont even know what their employees do. Working hard goes unnoticed.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management

Hi,
Sorry that you feel that way, we really appreciate your candid thoughts and honesty. Your feedback will be used internally to help open discussions on employee communication. Sounds like we weren't a good fit for you, but hopefully you've found a situation that better challenges your talents.

Best to you!

Terrible company
Assembly paint (Former Employee) –  Wathena, KSJuly 31, 2017
This company pays their employees not well. The insurance is outrageous for not good insurance. They go from working tons of overtime to none all the time. With these wages you have to have overtime to live. People keep leaving to go to other companies because they pay better and better benefits. There is a few women that worked their way up and you know how. They make good money and talk dirty with all the men. Even though they are married.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Pay management. No employee family day. Outrageoys benefit pricez

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. We work to pay our employees competitively and offer benefits at a reasonable rate to you. Each individual at Transwest is treated fairly, and promotions and raises are earned the old fashioned way, with hard work.

We hope you've found an opportunity that fits your needs better.

Great job, hard to get in
Document server (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 3, 2017
Great job, make your own hours. Its very hard to get into that industry and to stay in it. You have to be VETed and or know someone that already works there.

Hi,
Great review, but it's not for us! Unfortunately, we don't have a branch in Orange County.

Best of luck!

Unreasonable expectations and poor management
Law Enforcement & Specialty Vehicle Sales (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COJune 20, 2017
False promises when hired, no leadership and or support in the position. Built product Law Enforcement product line from nothing then told I wasn't meeting an imaginary standard. When the project manager screwed up every build.
They should stick to tool trucks and stay out of every other market.

Highly recommend staying away from this company unless you want to fund the owners and GM.

Hi,
thanks for your feedback. We are continually working to maintain open lines of communication regarding expectations and standards. Your feedback will be shared internally and reviewed for opportunities to learn and grow.

We wish you the best of luck in your new position!

Terrible place to work, worst culture in ownership and management possible
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COMay 12, 2017
Interviewed for a job. They dangle a big carrot in front of you to get you hired but give you false information and vague expectations on the front side of the job. Later you find out those numbers can't be true. You ask questions and get vague replies or no answers at all. It is all spit and polish on the outside but terrible under the surface. Not a place I recommend anyone to work at or ownership to work for. They complain about turn over, gee I wonder why.

Hi,
we appreciate your candid feedback for our team and will use it to review ongoing opportunities to enhance the employee experience. We are diligently working to open lines of communication for a better team culture.

Best of luck!

Over all not a bad place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 8, 2017
I enjoyed my time there. I advanced and made great customer relations. I learned a lot about diesel trucks and engines. The overall work experience was great.
Pros
Great co workers. Very good team
Cons
Short breaks to many management changes

Hi,
thanks for your great feedback! We appreciate your time with us!

Fast passed
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, CONovember 3, 2016
I started Transwest as a part time cashier and moved up quickly as a warranty administrator. I opened up in the mornings and had everything ready when the other employees came in. I worked mostly with GM warranty, also did payroll and many duties a office manager would do. The hardest part of the job was there is know training. You came into the job and had to make mistakes and learn from them. My most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers and making sure they left with a smile on there face.

Hi,
thank for the feedback! We're working on creating an open environment to encourage better training and communication! Our corporate culture depends on good employees like you! Thanks for the information and best of luck as you move on to your new opportunities!

Good Company
Auto Tech/Installer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 27, 2016
Good long term company to work for. good benefits and hours. Team enviornment. Experience and training provided to those who want it.
January 25, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! We wish you the best of luck in your new position!

Horrible Place to Work
Estimator/Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COJuly 6, 2016
This place is the worst place I have ever worked, no job is safe and there is no communication between departments, supervisors and managers will sacrifice any employee to save there own job. Horrible customer service, making money is there only concern.
January 25, 2018

Sorry for the late response. I was just alerted to this. We've made great changes to our culture since 2016 and embraced a stronger vision. Best of luck to you in the future!

must have very low morals to make any money here, poor benifits,
RV Technician (Former Employee) –  Frederick, COFebruary 29, 2016
very bad place to be a mechanic for, they expect fast shoddy work, horrid benefits 1 mechanic can bring home 200hrs per week and the rest starve
Good people, managed well and great location
Diesel technician (Current Employee) –  Belton, MONovember 11, 2015
I've been here for a month and I think it's great. Service manager is very intelligent and respectful. Fellow techs and service writers are all easy to get along with and fun to be around. Nice shop with plenty of tools to use.
Pros
Great pay and easy to get to
Cons
I'm paid flat rate so if work slows pay slows

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transwest. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.7

1.6Personal Development

1.7Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight