Transwest Employee Reviews

Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 3, 2018
I worked for 10 years at Transwest, I started as a driver and soon advanced to warehouse then to the parts counter. It was a fun place to work and I enjoyed working with some great people that I learned a lot from. The pay and benefits were good and I have no complaints. Training was pretty much at your own pace online with the exception of some vendors coming in from time to time. I achieved expert level status in DTNA's aftermarket academy for parts, I enjoyed the training as it was insightful and I did learn a lot from it. Safety was also important to the company and we had regular inspections. The owners are very hands on hard workers who would visit often and check in. Overall a good company to work for with room for career advancement, the only reason I left is I was offered a job with higher pay.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
High employee turn around under the previous parts director
Don't fall for the lies
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, CO 80603December 7, 2018
The culture of this company is septic. They lie to you ,pay you well, and expect you to look the other way when co-workers are being treated poorly. The also expect you to step on Co-workers and lie to the people you manage. Salary employees look down upon hourly employees. Do your research before you commit to this company, don't make the same mistakes I did. You will find your answers if you look!
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Terrible culture
RV industry is fun
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOAugust 8, 2018
Transwest tries management is constant change no ones ever good enough. Pay is great benefits are awesome. Co workers are a great group. Good product to sell.
Pros
RV is fun industry
Cons
Everything changes daily at transwest
Great company with poor management
Commercial Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, COJuly 31, 2018
Transwest is an amazing company to work for, however, the location that I applied with has a direct manager who is not skilled in relational or team building areas. There was no guidance for training and conflicting directions consistently given.
Pros
The ability to extensively learn and develop long term customer relationships.
Cons
Direct management is indirect in managing
Good Pay, Questionable Management
Service Writer/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 26, 2017
TransWest offers standard benefits and good pay once you've worked there for over a year. I learned a lot about professionalism, sales, and team management. However, there were serious issues with management and turnover that resulted in poor morale. I think that if management had focused on recruiting experienced techs (and paying them more fairly) and training the younger techs better, we wouldn't have had such a serious turnover problem. A typical day was very fast-paced and at times stressful; but it could also slow to a crawl depending on demand. It was always rewarding to get a driver back on the road ahead of schedule or earning a new client and increasing revenue. But at the end of the day the most enjoyable part was all the hilarious conversations and moments I had with my co-workers.

Hi,
thank you so much for taking the time to give us your honest impressions and feedback. We feel that we do have a great team at Transwest (including you!) and are always on the lookout for experienced techs. As you may know, finding experienced talent in a market with such a low unemployment rate isn't always easy. It's a balance to get the right mix of employees. We're glad to have you (and are always looking to give out an recruiting referral bonus if you know of anyone looking for a position with us!)

We appreciate your effort!

Very compettitive
Outside Parts Expert (Current Employee) –  Brighton Co.September 12, 2018
It's a good place to work , the hours can be long. Some of the managers are great and some are not competent. The end of each month is stressful because you always feel your not going to make budget but somehow it always works out.
enjoyable
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 12, 2018
This job was very laid back. The work environment was typically a happy one. I enjoyed my manager and her ability to manage us and make us a team. It was not hard, nor stressful. I more of the active type and needed a job with a little more busy work.
A fun place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2018
I loved working at TransWest. The people and the environment truly made it a great place to work. Sadly I worked there when the economy went down. I would work for them again.
Do your homework before applying here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COAugust 13, 2017
Talk to other employees before accepting a position with this compan
there is no room for advancement. you have to be in tight with owner. Job was not challenging. Pay was good but they didnt like you making the others look bad that had been there awhile. Pacing yourself and lots of leisure time. Dont complain about anything you will get fired. Keep your head down if you want to work here. Managment has no say. They dont even know what their employees do. Working hard goes unnoticed.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management

Hi,
Sorry that you feel that way, we really appreciate your candid thoughts and honesty. Your feedback will be used internally to help open discussions on employee communication. Sounds like we weren't a good fit for you, but hopefully you've found a situation that better challenges your talents.

Best to you!

Terrible company
Assembly paint (Former Employee) –  Wathena, KSJuly 31, 2017
This company pays their employees not well. The insurance is outrageous for not good insurance. They go from working tons of overtime to none all the time. With these wages you have to have overtime to live. People keep leaving to go to other companies because they pay better and better benefits. There is a few women that worked their way up and you know how. They make good money and talk dirty with all the men. Even though they are married.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Pay management. No employee family day. Outrageoys benefit pricez

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. We work to pay our employees competitively and offer benefits at a reasonable rate to you. Each individual at Transwest is treated fairly, and promotions and raises are earned the old fashioned way, with hard work.

We hope you've found an opportunity that fits your needs better.

Stay away!!
Wood Worker (Former Employee) –  Commerce CityOctober 4, 2014
I worked in this wood shop and it is a joke!
Management is horrible they micro manage everything and treat the employees like garbage. The wood shop manager would literately give me drawings on napkins to build and then write you up if it took to long to build. The last straw was the managers brought me in the break room and locked the door thinking they were going to intimidate me. I told them I quit and then they wanted to fill out a questionare on why I quit. And the pay is a joke! $12 an hour and no raises. They kept blaming the economy for the lack of raises.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Coworkers very helpful and welcoming, staff is helpful and resourfeful.
Medium Duty Truck/ RV Technician (Current Employee) –  Frederick, COJuly 26, 2015
During my stay with Transwest, I have learned how to use the information I gained during my studies from school to apply in real world problems. How to follow warranty rules and procedures. During my time from my start date there have been two managers that have been replaced. The management is lacking in structure and dependency. My coworkers are always helpful and patient. At Transwest there is a real environment of teamwork with the technicians. The hardest part of the job is being able to gain the knowledge for tasks without having years of experience and performing them on SRT time requirements.
Pros
Recompensation for ASE certifications. Benefits packages.
Cons
Managements unrealistic time limits for job experience.
No communication, organization or respect for employees
prefer not to say at time (Current Employee) –  FrederickApril 18, 2013
If you like to work for a company that has no communication and is micromanaged from the top, then this is the right place to work. The only good thing about this company is the co-workers, Almost all of them are good to work with and help out when possible.

The hardest aspect of working for Transwest (especially in Frederick) is the lack of organization & communication. Things are done by the seat of their pants. There is no communication, if you do something wrong, there is no talking to the employee, you just get written up. Health benefits are high and deductibles are really high...almost not worth having.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management, organization, communication, cost of health benefits
trans west was a god job for me
Lawn crew (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 3, 2018
I liked working at transwest they paid me decent and had some good benefits. Working there was only bad because of me having to work in that type of weather.
Pros
benifits
Cons
working in that type of weather

Hi,
Great feedback! We unfortunately, don't have a location in Oklahoma City. Stay warm!!

Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, CONovember 27, 2017
I have only been a part of the Transwest family for two months, but it has been a great two weeks. I work in the Summit Bodyworks division, and management does a great job of listening to suggestions and making improvements. SBW seems to genuinely care about their employees.

Hi,
Thanks for the fantastic feedback! I'm a big fan of the team at Summit Bodyworks, too! We're glad to have you onboard, we do care about you!! Cheers to a great work environment, full of long term possibilities!!

If you go to work for them, you'll be sorry like I was!!!
Unlisted (Former Employee) –  Wathena, KSNovember 1, 2015
I worked here for years because the starting pay was good and I thought I could work my way up. Not possible here. The management does not care about you as a person. I was hired to do one job and given many additional responsibilities without ever receiving a raise in pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Ran like there first time opening a dealership
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COMay 8, 2013
This is from another employee. I agree with the previous post. If you like to work for a company that has no communication and is micromanaged from the top, then this is the right place to work. The only good thing about this company is your co-workers, almost all of them are good to work with and help out when possible. It seems to me, management runs every shop like it is their first shop (Fountain). One shop, Denver, carries all the parts and for some reason won’t let other shops, Fountain, carry the same parts which takes business away. No tools until you need them; unless it is for certain engines that you hardly see anymore then they don’t get the tools at all CAT. Even if the engines will be out on the road for the next 10 to 15 years. The health benefits cost the employee too much and you can get insurance elsewhere cheaper. I have a suspicion that the difference in cost is to pay for upper managements benefits. If you need a letter of credible coverage, you have to ask HR not the insurance company. Does that sound right? It didn’t to me!
Pros
Lower level employees worked well together
Cons
Healthcare benefits, upper management
Shop environment is great
Heavy Duty Truck Technician (Current Employee) –  Belton, MOSeptember 12, 2017
Have really exceled in the mechanical profession from working with the transwest staff as well as gained experience working on various amd diversified welding jobs. I belive the opportunities i have gained at transwest have really helped me to expand my options.
Pros
Work with schedule well
Cons
Flate rate shop with management that doesnt understand

Hi,
thanks for your feedback! We're glad to have you on our team! Of course, we'll share your thoughts with our management team and look for opportunities to communicate better. We are glad to have you and are excited to see you growing in your role! Thanks for being a part of the Transwest team!

crazy hours, not much action
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 21, 2018
A typical day at work is waking up a 3am to be to work by 4am. You have about 4 hours of scheduled shuttle/bus runs and then you are on call for the remainder of the day to pick up/drop off employees to their designated areas.

Hi,
just to be clear, we don't have a facility in Seattle. Unfortunately, I believe you have posted to the wrong organization. Best of luck!

Terrible place to work, worst culture in ownership and management possible
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COMay 12, 2017
Interviewed for a job. They dangle a big carrot in front of you to get you hired but give you false information and vague expectations on the front side of the job. Later you find out those numbers can't be true. You ask questions and get vague replies or no answers at all. It is all spit and polish on the outside but terrible under the surface. Not a place I recommend anyone to work at or ownership to work for. They complain about turn over, gee I wonder why.

Hi,
we appreciate your candid feedback for our team and will use it to review ongoing opportunities to enhance the employee experience. We are diligently working to open lines of communication for a better team culture.

Best of luck!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transwest. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.7Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight