Transwest Employee Reviews

good palce to work
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 15, 2019
TransWest is a good place to work. Good management, they all are on the same page. Good training, Lots of work if you want it. They have full time and part time work. Good pay. Lots of good people. Friendly environment. lots of room for advancement. they advance from in house. Monday through Friday. no weekends.
Pros
friendly, good pay, good people.
Cons
some times long hours
Not good at handing out work fairly
Deisel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COFebruary 27, 2019
The company itself is good, if upper management could keep an actual manager in there for more than six months before canning them. Mid level management plays favorites when it comes to handing out jobs or docking time or efficiency.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
bad management
Once you’re in, it will cost you to get out
A+ Diesel Tech (Former Employee) –  Frederick, COFebruary 18, 2019
I was a Diesel tech for 5+ years and had 4 managers in that time. The last one openly encouraged gouging customers for crooked repairs. The main thing to understand is that you will pay for all the advanced training they advertise.
If you want top pay, you accept $1,000s of training costs. If you try to stop getting training and lower your debt, they can threaten to lower your pay. Then if you ever leave you need to pay up. I had 2 weeks vacation saved and instead of cashing out this $3,000 it was taken as a pay off on training debt.
This is the only dealership that holds techs responsible for training debt.
Other employees was very nice but Absolutely no management
Lot Porter (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOFebruary 5, 2019
Don’t work for them not worth the time get yelled at about something the sales men did or thay make stuff up as thay go my Gm and my manager was on my but for 25 mins for thangs that had nothing to do with me
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Bad/no management
Don't fall for the lies
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, CO 80603December 7, 2018
The culture of this company is septic. They lie to you ,pay you well, and expect you to look the other way when co-workers are being treated poorly. The also expect you to step on Co-workers and lie to the people you manage. Salary employees look down upon hourly employees. Do your research before you commit to this company, don't make the same mistakes I did. You will find your answers if you look!
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Terrible culture
Good Company
Chauffeur (Current Employee) –  Sodo, Seattle, WANovember 16, 2018
You sit as a stand-by chauffeur for a client until calls come in. When called to make delivery, it is always around 3 PM and can be anywhere. That is when traffic starts getting heavy.
Pros
Works with your schedule
Cons
Dispatch not aware of your end time
Very compettitive
Outside Parts Expert (Current Employee) –  Brighton Co.September 12, 2018
It's a good place to work , the hours can be long. Some of the managers are great and some are not competent. The end of each month is stressful because you always feel your not going to make budget but somehow it always works out.
Fun place to work
RV Technician (Current Employee) –  Fountain, COSeptember 5, 2018
As a RV Tech I work on the exterior and interior of RV's to include all electrical, plumbing, sanitation, and finish work. The ability to diagnose and correct any problems that may arise with in the RV.
RV industry is fun
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOAugust 8, 2018
Transwest tries management is constant change no ones ever good enough. Pay is great benefits are awesome. Co workers are a great group. Good product to sell.
Pros
RV is fun industry
Cons
Everything changes daily at transwest
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 3, 2018
I worked for 10 years at Transwest, I started as a driver and soon advanced to warehouse then to the parts counter. It was a fun place to work and I enjoyed working with some great people that I learned a lot from. The pay and benefits were good and I have no complaints. Training was pretty much at your own pace online with the exception of some vendors coming in from time to time. I achieved expert level status in DTNA's aftermarket academy for parts, I enjoyed the training as it was insightful and I did learn a lot from it. Safety was also important to the company and we had regular inspections. The owners are very hands on hard workers who would visit often and check in. Overall a good company to work for with room for career advancement, the only reason I left is I was offered a job with higher pay.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
High employee turn around under the previous parts director
Great company with poor management
Commercial Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, COJuly 31, 2018
Transwest is an amazing company to work for, however, the location that I applied with has a direct manager who is not skilled in relational or team building areas. There was no guidance for training and conflicting directions consistently given.
Pros
The ability to extensively learn and develop long term customer relationships.
Cons
Direct management is indirect in managing
A fun place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2018
I loved working at TransWest. The people and the environment truly made it a great place to work. Sadly I worked there when the economy went down. I would work for them again.
enjoyable
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 12, 2018
This job was very laid back. The work environment was typically a happy one. I enjoyed my manager and her ability to manage us and make us a team. It was not hard, nor stressful. I more of the active type and needed a job with a little more busy work.
crazy hours, not much action
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 21, 2018
A typical day at work is waking up a 3am to be to work by 4am. You have about 4 hours of scheduled shuttle/bus runs and then you are on call for the remainder of the day to pick up/drop off employees to their designated areas.

Hi,
just to be clear, we don't have a facility in Seattle. Unfortunately, I believe you have posted to the wrong organization. Best of luck!

Productive, enjoyable. Talking to different individuals
Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 14, 2018
Shuttle construction workers at the beginning of the shift to worksite, off for 3 hours, report back to construction site and returned workers to their personal cars as they ended their day. Normal start time 6 am, end of shift 6 pm.

Hi,
Great review! If you ever consider moving to the Colorado area, give us a call!! Unfortunately, we don't have a Portland facility so you may be posting this to the wrong board! Best of luck to you!!

trans west was a god job for me
Lawn crew (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 3, 2018
I liked working at transwest they paid me decent and had some good benefits. Working there was only bad because of me having to work in that type of weather.
Pros
benifits
Cons
working in that type of weather

Hi,
Great feedback! We unfortunately, don't have a location in Oklahoma City. Stay warm!!

Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, CONovember 27, 2017
I have only been a part of the Transwest family for two months, but it has been a great two weeks. I work in the Summit Bodyworks division, and management does a great job of listening to suggestions and making improvements. SBW seems to genuinely care about their employees.

Hi,
Thanks for the fantastic feedback! I'm a big fan of the team at Summit Bodyworks, too! We're glad to have you onboard, we do care about you!! Cheers to a great work environment, full of long term possibilities!!

TransWest was great.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Taft, CANovember 25, 2017
When I come into work grave shift was great because TransWest pay more from grave shift. I was agreed my 80 hours plus some. I like that the company paid for my uniform every time I worked. I really enjoy working from Transwest I would go back and work for another different company that has Transwest as contractors.
Pros
great pay and uniforms were included
Cons
nothing

Hi,
I believe you meant to post this to another company's board, we unfortunately do not have an office in California! Should you find yourself in Colorado, give us a call! Best of luck!

Terrible work place
Entry Level Technician (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CONovember 8, 2017
People are rude and inconsiderate. Everybody is cut throat and only cares about themselves. If you ask for assistance they act like its a huge deal and make you feel insignificant

Hi,
thank you for your honest and candid feedback! While we hope this isn't truly the case, we understand that your experience is your own. Your review will be passed along to the management team and used as an opportunity to improve. Our employees are our greatest asset! Hopefully, you are still with us, and hopefully your experience has improved. Always feel free to use the voice that you have within our HR department at Transwest.

Good Pay, Questionable Management
Service Writer/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 26, 2017
TransWest offers standard benefits and good pay once you've worked there for over a year. I learned a lot about professionalism, sales, and team management. However, there were serious issues with management and turnover that resulted in poor morale. I think that if management had focused on recruiting experienced techs (and paying them more fairly) and training the younger techs better, we wouldn't have had such a serious turnover problem. A typical day was very fast-paced and at times stressful; but it could also slow to a crawl depending on demand. It was always rewarding to get a driver back on the road ahead of schedule or earning a new client and increasing revenue. But at the end of the day the most enjoyable part was all the hilarious conversations and moments I had with my co-workers.

Hi,
thank you so much for taking the time to give us your honest impressions and feedback. We feel that we do have a great team at Transwest (including you!) and are always on the lookout for experienced techs. As you may know, finding experienced talent in a market with such a low unemployment rate isn't always easy. It's a balance to get the right mix of employees. We're glad to have you (and are always looking to give out an recruiting referral bonus if you know of anyone looking for a position with us!)

We appreciate your effort!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transwest. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

1.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight