Transwestern Employee Reviews

Work Life Balance is what Transwestern strives to accomplish
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2019
A typical day at my office includes visiting with tenants, handling accounting duties, reviewing financials, all day-to-day activities, including some property manager duties.

The overall workplace culture is to grow from within. Meaning, each position teaches the position below them in order to help them grow into the next position up. Unfortunately, there are individuals who do not take that part of their job to heart, and the individual below them become stagnant, which is what has occurred in my case.

the most enjoyable part of my job is the relationship between my team and me and with my tenants. I enjoy building my team up and assisting my tenants.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Getting a bad manager
Nice office & good management team.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 29, 2019
Management was fair & olleagues have been there many years..I enjoyed working there 4+ years & developed lasting relationships with several co-workers Flexibility was good.
Pros
Free parking, close to restaurants & a full kitchen, good pay.
Cons
Limited hralthcare choices.
Good small company
PROJECT ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 21, 2019
A small office base in Austin when I started the first job after completed MBA degree.
Nice and fun group people to work with
Great location
Manageable workload
Pros
Nice team
Cons
Not many opportunty to grow career
TW Review
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 25, 2019
The 9 years I worked for this company, I was able to climb the ladder and improvement my professional skills, expanding on additional responsibilities that lead to an evolution of my roles, superiors acknowledging my accomplishments through raises and promotions, and offering.
Pros
Team building, advancement, pay, education
Cons
Long hours at times
The people you work with at TW make the company a great place to work
Senior Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2019
Everyone form Controller down were great. The accounting team has several strong accountants that know the meaning of teamwork. I still hang out with them occasionally today.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Pay
Overall good company
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 11, 2019
Overall this is a good company to work for with good benefits.
The people who work here are great people. I wish there were more opportunities to learn or advance your career.
Pros
People
Cons
Not enough training
A Day in the life of this Transwestern employee
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  miamiJanuary 17, 2019
No two days are alike. Today you might accomplish everything but tomorrow that pile that you wanted to get done will still be there the following day.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
No work life balance. Management is more interested in the bottom line.
Not that great.
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 4, 2019
If you are part of the inner circle at the corporate office you get special treatment. My manager had 2 assistant property managers, myself and another. The other girl's husband worked at corporate directly under one of the VP's. I found out that my manager was letting the other assistant manager just come and go as she pleased without having to use her PTO. She was coming in an hour and a half late and leaving an hour and a half early at least three days a week. Sometimes even more. In a 2 month period, she only put in a full day 12 times. Meanwhile, I had to account for every minute of my time. I have worked for Transwestern for a while and I would never suggest working there to anyone.
Pros
Good benfits
Cons
The property managers. I have not had a good experience with one yet.
Fun workplace
Research (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CANovember 8, 2018
Good culture and fun place to work. A smaller firm with experts from larger firms helps realistic expectation of how to compete in the industry space. Overall happy.
Not the best place
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2018
I have heard that the new management has changed the environment, but during my time here, the management was terrible. There was no HR or support. People treat others poorly and there are no ramifications.
Pros
in the early days, it had a family feeling, lots of fun
Cons
By the time I left, it was not a great place to work. It was a disrespectful environment
great company
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 15, 2018
supervisors and management were productive, resourceful and helpful when needed
works days were a bit on the relaxed side but created a great work environment that allowed you to complete all work instead of always being behind the eight ball.
Commercial Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 3, 2018
Transwestern was a good place . The company had clear policies and procedures and job descriptions. They was a good work / life balance. There was also room to grow.
great "corporate" company
Client Accountant/Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2018
depends on the property you work for.. not all accounting teams are managed or "operated" like the one I worked for. There was too much supervisory power given to "managers." Very catty and cruel. You were either in or out. Not open to opposition or change. Uncomfortable working environment. Unnecessary stress.
Pros
My former coworkers and team
Cons
The property manager and accounting supervisor
Friendly culture. Work /life balance is a plus
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
Small company. Close knit. My experience here has been good for the most part. Relaxed culture, promote work life balance. Great start for young professionals.
Pros
Open door policy, work-life balance
Cons
Transparency
Transwestern Tried
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2018
Transwestern tried to provide a balance for their employees, but the pay was just not there. The was was incredible low and Management sis not advocate for fair compensation of staff.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay
Transwestern
Administrative Assistant to Sr Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2018
I first started working in the Accounts Payable department and was transferred to Payroll. I also worked for the Senior Property Manager. Great place to work I wish I'd never left.
Pros
lots of opportunity
Cons
traffic
great company to work for good people
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 30, 2018
busy enjoyed working with tenants solving problems & taking care of my properties the best I could. working with other engineers passing on my knowledge to the younger engineers & learning from them. always meeting new people
Stressful Environment
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 23, 2018
Work days were long, immediate supervisor did not provide proper training or support. Office politics were unbearable and frustrating. Staff members were not always held accountable often making others a scapegoat for their inability to complete their tasks on deadline. The hardest part about the job was the lack of training and unrealistic expectations without proper support. The most enjoyable part of the job was the salary, reimbursements and year end bonus.
Would not recommend working here.
IT (Former Employee) –  AtlantaAugust 18, 2018
After working my butt off during many, many changes in the work environment that affected every employee, I was let go because even working 10-12 hour days I was not able to keep up with the user problems caused by all the changes in the environment. Some bogus accusations were brought against me and I was brought into the Presidents Office and told “today is your last day” with no true, plausible explanation.
Pros
Cons
Bruce Ford
My opinion
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2018
I managed the building as an Engineer.
I learned that no matter how much a Property manager tries to go against company policy there is nothing you can do as an Engineer.
My direct manager was incredible. Very informative and straight to the point. Hardest part of my job there was the fact I felt ready for a promotion but couldn't be happy with coming to work due to the PM.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transwestern. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight