TRANSWOOD Employee Reviews

Good job
Hazchem Driver (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 18, 2019
Good pay, weekly minimum. If you need a day off for an appt, say a Dot physical, you loose pay guarantee and your check will suffer. Occasional 34s on the road but your compensated. Ok equipment.
Pros
Good pay, good people to work with.
Cons
Unpredictable home time
Overworked dont know what your doing
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  TRANSWOOD INCMay 12, 2019
If you like not knowing what your doing this is the place don't care about your family life don't care about you in general your just a number don't care if you get enough rest
Pros
Good pay
transwood
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, KSMarch 8, 2019
horrible company to work for. They will take your guarantee whenever they please. Good luck having a paycheck. Management doesn't care about veterans either. They violated my civil rights worst company I have ever worked for.
Great place, great communication, quality drivers
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Gabriel, LADecember 20, 2018
Im out of the St. Gabrial terminal,
I dispatch based on 1st in 1st out.
come see us.
Top scale pay for drivers.
Nice runs.
I have no complaints about this company.
Pros
communication is key
Cons
we need more drivers
What a joke
Crude Oil Driver (Former Employee) –  NMAugust 20, 2018
Trucks are a piece of junk. Keep breaking down. Can't get parts to fix them half the time.. Management is a joke. They don't care about the driver's at all. Just lie to your face. It's the worst place I have ever worked at. Upper management is the biggest joke. When you give your 2 week notice they let you go right then and there. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY...
Pros
It's a start to get your training..then get out..
Cons
Everything..
Fun place to work, till people stop taking responsibility for mistakes
Dispatch Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 21, 2018
A typical day starts out processing the day before paperwork. To stay clam in stressful situations, Manage the driver hours and make the company a honest profit. The powers that be are always in office talking and not relaying information till the end of the day, when it is need to dispatch driver for the next day. Hardest part is working with people that don't take responsibility for they errors. Is working with drivers and earning their respect.
Underpaid
Sand Coordinator Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 20, 2018
They required you to work away from home and give you very little time home and under pay you. Worded 8 hours from home, the first year with them, I was only home 45 days of the whole year.
Pros
New expieriance
Cons
Under pay, longer than normal hours, no time home
Not for me
Assistant Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2018
They hired me and did not have a position for me, the manager was the maintance manager he gave me little or no assignments. Work was slow and I could see they did not need me
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No work
Stressfull
Driver Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sugar Creek MissouriFebruary 22, 2018
Equipment is outdated in need of bad repair the managers don't seem to care and nothing gets fixed while the mechanics get paid to sit around in the office and eat
Company alert
Driver (Former Employee) –  Roxanna illinoisDecember 20, 2017
Employed 5 weeks the company never filed tax forms(forms i filled out on 3 different occasions) was losing $400-500 weekly in taxes alone. Didn't pay for all hours worked.This is the first company i've worked for that pays weekly but upon hire you work 3 weeks before you get paid and then they only pay you one week and tell you the other 2 weeks are being held until you quit are get fired.It gets really hard to got to work every day when your just working to pay the government and Transwood and i'm sorry it took me 5 weeks to realize this. Transwood do not care about their drivers. They don't provide all the proper working/fitting equipment. Your pay is suppose to increase if you do 5 or more loads a day what they don't tell you is that as a new hire you have to work 4 months before reaching that point.If you ever work for this company keep close watch on everything they do because if it's not benefiting Transwood it won't get done.
Pros
Cons
no breaks
Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Pryor, OKOctober 6, 2017
Started working at this place about a year ago after the last dispatcher could not handle it. I'll admit it was a little difficult at first, but once I got the hang of it, it has been pretty easy to get things done. But like any other job, some days can have their own hurdles. I like the people I work with so that makes coming to work that much easier. I would recommend this place cause they treat good workers well. They have good benefits and a steady paycheck. I like that a lot.
Pros
Good people and good benefits
Cons
fast paced, so not for anyone that's lazy
Not good place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pryor, OKMay 26, 2017
Management there he is a snake. Likes to lie to customer and employees. He looks out for himself not others. Becareful of this place. I dont see this place lasting long with who they have running it.
Pros
Lunch breaks
competitive
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMMay 23, 2017
Complete all assigned loads in a timely manner. Ask for more loads if time permits. Make sure to turn in all applicable paperwork. Receive dispatch for the next day.
OK place to work. Heavy workload.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pryor, OKOctober 17, 2016
I worked with one other mechanic and he never really helped me on certain situations and always pushed the work on top of me while he would spend most of his time in the office doing nothing.
Pros
Good lunch break
Cons
Anything over 45 hours is OT.
Baytown ,tx
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 6, 2016
From Dispatch to Management, all Lies......... The worst company to work for , they lie and cut rates, lie about load pay, you have to pay dispatch to get loads, lies about everything. That's why no one stays.

Brianwood DOSENT CARE ABOUT ANYONE OR ANYTHING, NO DIVERSITY IN MANAGEMENT, sick company.
Pros
Cons
everything from dispatch - to Mangement
Like box of chocolates never know what your gonna get.
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Roxana, ILJuly 2, 2016
Terrible communication, and wages for what they expected you to get done. The rules only apply to some not all.Nepotism is a factor locally.
Pros
3 days off
Cons
Work enviroment
All business
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 10, 2016
Good company. Benefits were mediocre but that is understandable. Family owned and run therefore a small group makes all the decisions good or bad. Open door policy for the most part.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
hands tied
good place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Port Allen, LAFebruary 22, 2016
Transwood is a good employer and I was there for 20 years. They have lost contract to the costumer I was hauling for so I have to move on.I drove over the road and local hauled hazmat to and from North Carolina last 13 years. I learned how to be safe and on time deliveres,never any problems with and co-worker or costumers I had dealing with.The hardest part of the job was traffic always thick .most enjoyable was friends I made over the years.
Pros
safety awards
Cons
delays at plants where we loaded and unloaded
Great Company
Dispatcher and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 5, 2016
Great Company. Transwood Inc. is an Great Company to get on

with and to work for. Transwood Inc. provides good benefits and also

offer great opportunities.
Not much to say
Cement Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, TXSeptember 21, 2015
I have nothing worth saying about this job. It's not a bad job if you don't want to have a life. The hours are long and they are not very concerned about driver safety

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TRANSWOOD. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4