TRANZACT Employee Reviews

A great place to learn digital & direct to consumer marketing
Digital (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 15, 2019
Tranzact is a very large company that has a startup vibe. Your work in digital can impact the entire company at serious scale. Meritocratic for the most part, interesting, fast. Working in a heavily regulated industry takes some getting used to, but the people are open and direct, and it's a great way to make a jump to the next level in your career.
Pros
Fast paced, meritocratic
Cons
Can be a bit mercurial - things change fast too
Competitive work environment
Licensed Health Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 11, 2019
They have good products in place but still need to develop better computer systems for their agents. The culture is good and most co-workers are friendly.
It’s definitely a job
SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 2, 2019
They pay us on time. But the job seems geared toward people with no sales experience. The commissions they pay are paltry compared to the actual value of a sale. It’s a good job if you’re used to making minimum wage and will be satisfied with$18/hr. The health insurance is expensive. They only offer 5 pto days year one, 10 year two. There’s no 401k match. A lot of days you feel like you’re fighting for table scraps and the company is denying you even the watermelon rind.
Pros
The local management
Cons
The corporate management
Great Company to work for
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33626February 6, 2019
The company is very organized. They did not enroll the new year contract with Kindred. However the company gave their employees 30 days notice of the lay off.
Tranzact is a great company to work for
Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2018
Working for Tranzact was one of the best experiences of my life.

I got a lot of training and education in high-level management.

I got to travel to the places I managed. I got experience working with call centers outside of the country.
Stay Away
Medicare Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  WestfoJuly 13, 2018
Medicare Sales Rep here with prior experience selling Medicare Advantage before TZ. Do not take this job. Have you ever been on Facebook and seen a “click bait” article... that’s where your leads come from. Ratio is 90% outbound, 10% inbound. They do run direct TV ads for vision and dental. Anybody who has sold MAPD knows the benefits people are calling in for do not exist in 80% of the country (dentures, implants, etc.). You call the same leads 5-10 times a day on a dialer. Most people who pick up are asking to be put on the Do Not Call list. I looked at the salary range posted.. what a joke. You’ll make about $16 hourly and be lucky to make $300 in commission a month on most programs. We are a center of experienced agents (everybody is a least a year with Medicare) and a lot of agents didn’t even get paid a commission last month. They get a lot of people with the promise of licensing them... upon termination or quitting, they charge you these fees back. That’s a lot of money when you are a 50 state call center (thousands). If you are already a licensed health insurance agent or have sales experience, you are worth more than this company. Really good job if you are going from minimum wage and $16 an hour feels like gold.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Comp plan, outbound, bad leads, expensive health insurance
Good culture but really fast paced
Senior Marketing Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJJune 25, 2018
There is no "usual" day at Tranzact. Everyday brings something new and a lot of changes with very short notice.
Good culture but you are always on your toes!
Productive place on their key line of business
VICE PRESIDENT of FIELD MARKETING (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 15, 2018
Recruited me to help start up a new project with Walmart, but quickly lost interest when they saw how long it was going to take to create this new productive distribution channel
Pros
Good people
Cons
Gave up on vision too quickly
N/a
Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 5, 2018
Commission sales with out any leads from company. Was a general agent and worked for several Insurance companies. They all had different requirements and restrictions.
N\a
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 23, 2018
I like the job it was a great experience. Definitely a learning experience. Management I really didn’t care for. However it allowed me to grow. I picked up many strengths here
Smart, competitive people. Meritocratic environment.
Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJMarch 16, 2018
This is a company at a moment in it's journey where it's possible to have a massive impact, and if you are good at your job, you will be recognized and you will advance.

The people are competitive but really smart. For it's size it still holds onto a small company feel, with a little bit of Jersey family vibe. The work can be really challenging, but it's work worth doing, and I'm really glad that I came here.
Competitive workplace with room for advancement!
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 1, 2018
A typical work day would involve me coming into work, checking my voicemail, making sure my customer are taken care of and moving on to the next ones. The goal of a sales job is to sell, the goal of this sales job is to help people as much as possible, at least that's the way I look at it. Every call that comes across your line is an opportunity. These people NEED help, there is no cold calling here. These people have requested the information or are calling into you and trust me by time they get off the phone with you they will be thanking you for everything you have done for them. Tranzact is an amazing company to work for, the benefits are great, the management team is great and the pay is absolutely amazing. The hardest part of the call is overcoming objections, the objection that you cant do it! Switching careers can be hard but so rewarding, take a leap of faith and try something new. You wont regret it!!! This is such a family friendly company, when life events happen they understand. We have family picnics, gatherings and all kinds of catered lunches. This February at our local banquet (yes we have open bars :P) THEY GAVE AWAY A 2018 JEEP all expenses paid.
Pros
Free lunches, lots of breaks
Be Careful Working For This Company If You are an Agent
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2018
I cannot talk about anything good about this company. There are some things that are. The money is decent. Hours are doable. Management is so-so. Technology could use some upgrading.

This is a 50 state Call Center. The Licensing Dept was responsible for obtaining all of the Insurance Agents non-residents licensing for all of the states. Tranzact failed to get both of my licenses that it needed for me to legally sell insurance in one particular state. Then proceeded to route inbound sales call from that particular state. I unknowingly sold new insurance policies to prospects that called in.

Fast forward to almost a year later and I get an official letter from the NC Dept of Insurance saying they have launched an investigation of me!! And that I am now facing a $10,000 fine!!!

Long story short I fought it and won. However, Tranzact tried to get out of admitting fault! The investigator at the NCDOI was helpful but he warned me that I needed to understand that ultimately it is MY responsibility to double check behind anyone who handles my insurance licenses. If it ever happens again I will be held responsible!

So BE WARNED!!! Oh! and I wasn't the only one this happened too.
Definitely wouldn't work for them again!!!
Pros
Pay decent
Cons
Unprofessional Company
unknown
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2018
Different place now not fair to a rate them . it good pay
and same oh same oh its a call center . good place for insurance
people they help you your license. have benefits and paid time off
Not the place it used to be
sales exec (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLJanuary 28, 2018
It used to be a great place to work. Great management, Rich culture we genuinely felt as if the company cared over the last year or so. They cut commissions on Medicare Supplements the day annual enrollment started, by that time it was really too late for the reps to find another place get trained and appointed with another company plus TZ will not release your appointment with Mutual of Omaha for 3 months. they literally cut their commission in half.
Had a reduction in workforce in December and hiring for all the same positions in January. They make you hit a goal every month before you get any commissions the leads you call are abysmal but you are still held to that goal regardless . The account managers have the power(in Tampa or New Jersey) they buy awful. cheap leads but they seem to never have to answer for their incompetency. Stay away unless you really need a job just know that it will only be temporary. And don't believe anything they tell you.
Pros
free lunches, bathroom
Cons
bad leads, high goals, low commissions, poor management
If you want stability, this is not for you
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 15, 2018
It is a great plave to work at first! Everyone is friendly, the hours are good, and the money is GREAT! After open enrollment period, you can mark yourself as fired. They won't coach you lile they say. They will fire you, no matter if you hit the top sales goal every month.

It's a great temporary job, if you like shady upper management.
people are nice and friendly, had lots of fun while it lasted
Developer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJJanuary 10, 2018
typical day at work included a company meeting(s) to overview the work progress and goals.
company provided training classes for new technologies etc.
had befriended several people I still keep in contact with.
the hardest part of the job was pleasing the customers as the whole place was overly customer oriented to the point of rediculnes.
the motto "Customer is always right" can be taken too far sometimes.
fast paced
SALES (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 27, 2017
good place to work if you are an agent and have no problem doing the same thing day after day. Company is going through a lot of changes at the moment.
Former employee
Sales agent Aetna Medicare supplements (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 24, 2017
Company Culture . High pressure sales. Misleading information.
information was not disseminated in a timely manner. Overall pressure was not conducive to a healthy work environment.
Pros
possibility of making a great deal of money.
Cons
Corporate overpromised clients.
Tv
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJOctober 25, 2017
Not sure it has been such a long time ago that I worked there. I know that they company laid off the employees more then once. However they had a great severance package.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TRANZACT. Our community is ready to answer.