Travel Centers of America | TA Operating LLC Employee Reviews

Co-workers great but management was lacking.
Assistant Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Willcox, AZJanuary 3, 2018
I was a full-time employee for a 1 year and received no vacation time. I was also apart of the management team but I wasn't paid for the position I was in. The management team didn't communicate whatsoever. The manager could not handle criticism and people telling him no. All benefits offered aren't worth the cost. But other than that, the people were helpful and fun to be around (most of the time) and the job wasn't that hard.
Pros
Fast advancement in the company
Cons
Management team
A real review
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 1, 2018
I enjoy my customers and interacting with different people however the location I work at is disorganized. With that being said it makes the work environment stressful.
Overall Positive Experience
Fuel Acccounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHDecember 4, 2017
I enjoyed my experience working at Travel Centers of America, and believe it provided me with a core level competency in performing reconciliation activities as well as communicating between multiple vendor account representatives. I would recommend this company to anyone that would like to gain exposure to a constructive team-oriented and professional environment.
I cant recommend working for popeyes
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 20, 2017
Never enough people to work and the people that does show up it's only a few who want to actually work. managment doesn't care about anyone. some of the managers are really shady
people.turnover rate is sky high most new people don't last a week. they clock you out for breaks even if you don't take one. no raise until you've worked there a year and still it's based off performance or their satisfactory. don't waste your time the little money they pay isn't worth what you will experience and put up with.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
too many to name...
Best company i've worked for yet!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buttonwillow, CANovember 18, 2017
I loved working with my co-workers as well as management here. The environment was always cheerful and, very pleasant to work in. I enjoyed the relationship I was able to develop with the regular customers.
Not the best job I've ever had
AGM Fuel Desk (Former Employee) –  Bordentown NJNovember 15, 2017
Worked as AGM at the fuel desk...Job is very stressful and also 24/7/365 Even when off the clock you have to be concerned about having to come in and cover a shift or emergency.......There is no work/life balance....

Truck Drivers can be extremely difficult to deal with and most of the employees aren't exactly the best workers....It makes for an extremely difficult day. There is also an extremely high turnover rate so you are constantly interviewing and the candidate field is not the best....Once hired employees are poorly trained. To be honest I never worked with so many whiny, entitled employees.

Management was OK and for the most part left me alone to do my thing.....

The hardest part of the job was that it was constantly busy and you are always being called away to handle other things (equipment breakdowns, breaking up fights between drivers and sometimes employees and watching cameras for employee theft and misbehavior)
Pros
It was work and hours were always available, occasionaly truck drivers had free stuff to give us
Cons
Pay was too low for a manager, benefits were expensive, always worrying about being called in. Trucker Culture is not for everyone
Good Upper Management, Site Level Management Terrible
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Willington, CTNovember 9, 2017
Company has treated me well and guided me into a successful career. However, site level management at my particular site lacks care for employee's personal life.
New adventure everyday
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 7, 2017
We got to meet different people everyday. Some of these people would be very rude, but we got the customer in a better mood by helping them with their problem.
Management was different at the least.
Pros
Meeting new people
Extremely stressful
General Truck Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Tonopah, AZOctober 12, 2017
If you want a lot of stress, work here, make sure you do not make to much money with them or they will try to replace you to bring in someone cheap and stupid so they can can micro manage you to death.
Nice beginning
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gary, INOctober 2, 2017
This was my first job and I liked that I was making .75 cents more than minimum wage. I had fallen in love with my Job. My manager were all positive - made working there a breeze as long as you'd follow policy and did your job. Unfortunately, the company had switched store managers and there was a lot of catty behavior going on. It was not all bad but the management could not be trusted.
Very good place to work with easy going employees and management
Porter/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDSeptember 22, 2017
A typical day at work there is pretty laid back everybody works as a team without fussing and arguing the managers work with you whenever needed when it gets busy in the evening between 4pm and 9pm when the drivers all come in at once just to get a quick shower then after that it dies down got good tips too just because we make the drivers feel like they are home
Pros
25% discount on everything in the resturant and store exept tabacoo products
Cons
Lack of hours not getting a full 40 hours a week
Very fun fast paced envirnoment friendly and caring
Lead Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDSeptember 15, 2017
I loved working at ta was fun caring place to work.Friendly customers.Wouldn't have been a bad job if I had the management support behnd me and supported me when needed.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Gossip and termoil
Great
Lube and Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Lenwood, CASeptember 13, 2017
I loved working there. I would have stayed if not for the incompetent management. The hours are long and the work is hard but overall its a satisfying workplace and it has a great staff.
A lot of guests are rude and don't appreciate when you help them.
CSR 3 (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNAugust 31, 2017
You have to be a strong person to work at TA. Some guests are so mean they could make you cry. It's happened to me a couple of times over the past four years. My manager right now is wonderful though and he works well with everyone and tries to make the schedule fair. There are also the guests that come in every day and you get to know them and their life and sometimes they become like family.
Pros
Nice guests, wonderful manager, flexible schedule
Cons
Half hour unpaid lunch break, terrible guests, not very good pay for what you have to deal with some days
Ok place to work bad management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Pioneer, TNAugust 30, 2017
Bad management to much greed not paid fair cut time with out u knowing training for there system is bad most employees are treated different from others
Pros
Discount
Cons
Healthcare management
enjoyed the job and people i worked with
in bay quality manager (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHAugust 23, 2017
high turn over rate. hard to keep qualified techs and counter help
high call off rate. seem like we are always working short handed
training procedures need revised.
Overall a good company
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILAugust 19, 2017
Each location is different so I cannot speak of the company as a whole. The corporate office is forever changing and evolving so there is constant updates and training. I wouldnt talk somone out of working here but it is not for everyone. Its a challenging environment due to the customer base. Being yelled at by a customer for something out of your control is not uncommon. However, there is room for advancement if you are willing to go out of your way to train. Staffing is challenging because full-time positions are few and far between and part-time positions typically work 29 hours or less. If you stick with it and desire to move up it can happen within 2 to 5 years.
Pros
Flexible schedules, contant change
Cons
Hours availabilty, constant change
Worst place ever
Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXAugust 16, 2017
worst place i have ever worked, techs dont care, management doesnt care. they take money out of you paycheck for drinks then make you buy the drinks.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Everythiing
Company has always treated me fairly and honestly
Tsa (Current Employee) –  Terrell, TXAugust 9, 2017
Great company great managers good work invkronment I honestly have no complaints . I have had ups and downs in this company both managers and corporate have always found solutions to problems when I've had family emergencies deaths in family management has always showed the passion of how important family really means.thank you ta
Great job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 7, 2017
Great Job to work! you meet many people and awesome coworkers. working at TA is fun yet stressful at times. The work load is easy, but hard on the body. Over all I enjoy working at TA.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Hard on the body