Travel Incorporated Employee Reviews

Gaining value in the workplace & Industry
Global Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2018
Main focus at Travel Inc is to provide a wonderful and easy experience for our partners. You learn about the atmosphere that has been created by the uppers which is easy going. There doors are always open and they welcome you at all times. Just like any other job you have to work hard to make sure the products is represented the right way. If someone doesn't like working at Travel Inc they must be lazy themselves. Customer service is a huge part of the travel industry, so that's has to be number one on your mind when working at Travel..
Pros
Always free food, very nice & friendly
Top Notch Company!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 2, 2018
Travel Incorporated is a great place to work! Management is supportive, friendly, and encourages a healthy work/life balance. Employees are recognized and rewarded for providing exceptional customer service. Good insurance, 401K matching, PTO, even additional PTO to be used volunteering at a charity of your choice. A real family atmosphere with many long-time employees.
Pros
great people, many teleworkers, frequent freebies/lunches from vendors
Stressful job
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 20, 2018
Poor management. Pressure cooker environment.
Interview process is very long and alot of going back and forth to meet principles. A real waste of time. Most co=works will help, but now managers. They don't even know what to do, always telling you to ask someone else.
Very competitive and all about the numbers, not about customer service.
Pros
Always planning team building activities
Cons
Poor management and employees afraid to speak up
Technology, Family, and a Great Career
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 19, 2018
Travel Incorporated is a fast moving organization with endless opportunities for growth. This is truly a family oriented company that treats their associates like a real person and not just a number like bigger companies do that I've been apart of.

I'm a high energy kind of person who loves people and technology, Travel Incorporated is always on the forefront of new solutions to better suit our clients and the travel industry which makes my job even better when I'm able to learn something new everyday.
Pros
Great work life balance, unlimited earning potential
Cons
after 7 years, I have no complaints
Fun Workplace
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 8, 2017
I love working at Travel Incorporated. Management is always here to help. Co-workers at Travel Incorporated are very friendly and helpful. Supervisors are always looking out for you. They make sure you are comfortable and having a smooth day at work. They are ready to work out if you have any schedule adjustments. They understand your situation if you are running late or having some family emergency or calling out sick. I would highly recommend Travel Incorporated.
Employees fantastic, management clueless
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 25, 2017
If you enjoy an atmosphere where you can get along with your coworkers, the fellow associates are incredible people and easy to talk to. Vendor visits from airlines and hotel chains bringing free food and travel swag, check. The ability to possibly win some free tickets to sporting events, check. However, the management at this place is a complete farce. If you work really hard, take on extra responsibilities to get ahead and volunteer to come in early/stay late and on weekends, you will be handsomely rewarded with a thank you, maybe a miniscule raise once a year and moved to the front of the line to be continually walked over for the rest of your duration at the company. Sure, the supervisors are all nice to you, have no problem being your "buddy", but when it comes to getting recognition and career advancement opportunities, they fall insanely short, either overlooking your abilities or promoting someone else who has very little experience. My director was a great person and a good boss all things considered, but as a leader, it's amazing how she, or any of the other supervisors/directors got their title and position because none of them are leaders, they are seat fillers and nothing more in that aspect. They are a great company to work for at first, but after the first year, your odds are really good you will be just be another faceless cog in their poorly operated machine. I learned incredible skills at this company and while I'm grateful for that opportunity and knowledge, you can learn these from other companies who are way better managed than this one.
Pros
Good skills learned, paid vacation, good benefits
Cons
Bad management, no advancement opportunities
A learning experience
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 10, 2017
I learned a lot about the travel industry. I also learned that if you do a better job than others than they will continue to rely on you and make you do more work because they can depend on you, while the others who cannot handle the workload continue to just do the bare minimum. There is limited space as far as climbing the corporate ladder is concerned, and can depend on who you know, not what you know.
Pros
A few travel perks.
Cons
No where to move up to. Salary could be better. Some holding managment positions speak down to you, and makes you feel very uncomfortable.
Good times at first
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2017
My first job after relocation from the North. The only problem i had was with my manager who spend most of his time expecting me to do his work. One day I called sick because I had to take care of my daughter and my manager was not very happy about it, he wanted to work from home half a day and wanted me to be in the office.
Fun place to work with travel
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 3, 2015
-A typical day of work would consist of at least 20 calls per day booking travel for business men and women. We book air, car and hotel reservations.
Wonderful management and staff
Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 26, 2014
Travel incorporated has a great culture. Everyone in the building is genuinely happy and concern for your success in the company.
Cons
Work life balance is really hard due to the strange hours
Good 9 to 5 job
QA Revenue Auditor (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 1, 2014
Stable employment. Good 9 to 5 job. Pay is decent. A lot of long term employees.
Great Company - Management Makes It A Horrible Experience
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GeorgiaMay 3, 2013
Travel Inc, as a whole is a good company; however, the management in place on the Front End leaves a bit to be desired. They've been together too long, and have no concept of what truly drives production in a high-morale centered environment. They have titles that justify, in no way, their functions (i.e., a Director who is a glorified Supervisor; a VP who is merely a Manager). They are too chummy with the long-term employees, which leaves the newer employees feeling ostracized. Some are even RACIST. A pool full of Supervisors who have not added one ounce of improvement to enhance or supplement the current production. Stand up to either one of them, with integrity, and you are 'black-balled'. The company's success is made from employees who work under fear, of being black-balled or fired, rather than pride in their work. The pay is less than any other travel force in the metro Atlanta area. The owners need to do a clean sweep of the management team, knock a few complacent folks off their high horses, and TRAIN them to be more employee-focused.
Pros
Nice Accounts to work on
Cons
Pay, Mangement
Hub Group
Service Level Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 25, 2012
Was a very positive employment. I learned a lot about the travel industry, including requirements and exceptions and transportation costs. I was highly trained.
Great company but rather hard to work for
Financial Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 31, 2012
The employees are great. The hardest part of the job was no matter what someone did it seemed like it was never good enough for management. A lot of the accounting department is micro-managed. For someone who is easily discouraged by negative comments this would not be the place for you. One minute you feel you're on top the next you feel like you are about to get fired. You could be the greatest employee but they still find ways to get digs in. They do care about their employees but when tempers flare it seems otherwise. You must have thick skin.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travel Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

Travel Incorporated Reviews by Location