Travel Leaders Group Employee Reviews for Travel Consultant

Great culture
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2019
Wonderful support, great opportunities, unlimited potential. Independent IC able to help clients with travel around the world thanks to the great relationships and vendor partners TL has established.
Low morale, management has questionable ethics, no diversity
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 21, 2018
You are expected to sell, sell, sell without any incentive. You can sell ten fold and it goes unappreciated and unpaid. The incentive and commission structure is questionable-and you are expected to NOT question it. No work-life balance at all. As an employee, you are just a mere means to the end. The management throw random tantrums, slam office doors, and speaks to staff in such a condescending manner that it creates a very low morale. It is not unusual to be screamed at or belittled in front of your peers. The most unprofessional office I have ever witnessed in my entire life!
The agency was nice
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 13, 2018
I enjoyed my co workers
It was a great job
I had formed many wonderful relationships with clients
I was sorry the name of the Agency had to change and then the business closed
Pros
Great people I worked with at company
Cons
Business closed
Great work environment with friendly coworkers
o Travel Consultant- Leisure/Corporate travel (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 5, 2018
Travel Leaders was a great place to work, I enjoyed the work itself and my clients and coworkers. My only problem was the pay and slowness in business.
Senior Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2017
Many changes have occurred within the past 10 months or so. The organization is a mess. This is nothing but a call center, with overworked agents, and angry customers.
Horrible phone system. Many ridiculous rules.
Agents are expected to emulate into many different psuedo cities.
Agents are expected to be familiar with way too many accounts, which is impossible.
Overall a very overwhelming, stressful environment.

The ONLY good thing is the affordable health insurance.
Pros
Affordable health insurance
Cons
too many accounts for too few agents
Poor Management
VIP/Corporate Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2017
No team work. Agents squeal on each other. No help from management.very poor managers with no managerial experience. overall bad work environment. My friend has been there for over 3 years without a raise. would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything there is a con
Fast Paced environment
Business Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 9, 2017
Fast Paced environment, learned with constant training of GDS systems, working on an office environment helped at the times be very productive learning new things with peers and obtain goals as a team.
Keeps going downhill
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 31, 2017
Company states they are making big profits but make acquisitions instead of giving raises to employees. Always pushes "revenue" but does't give employees time to attend training. Pay is decent if you work hard, good interim job. They do some nice things around Christmas time and there are some very good people working there. Management spouts the same message over and over, but gives little direction to get there. Company is still little known in the industry, which is strange considering it's so big. Need to get their brand out better.
Pros
Good people, fun holiday giveaways, virtual/work from home
Cons
Difficult work/life balance, stressful workplace