Travel Nurse across America Employee Reviews

Great pay and benefits
RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2019
I loved working with this company! They give guaranteed hours and fantastic benefits and pay. My recruiter was incredibly knowledgeable, honest, and helpful in my search for positions.
Na
Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 27, 2018
Enjoyed my time at this company. Great work environment, great resources for learning and improving skills. Amazing team work and support system. Great place to work.
excellent
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 20, 2018
Working as a travel nurse has been a rewarding experience for me as a registered nurse. I have learned a lot and have been fortunate to meet some really great people.
ok
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMay 29, 2018
It IS a travel nurse position. the recruiter and HR people do their job. the rest of the interaction and satisfaction comes from the contracted facility.
Awesome Company
Operating Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 5, 2017
Great Company to work for. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Competitive and lots of locations to choose from. Love the housing department. Very nice set up and introduction to get you started and moving in the right direction.
Poorly managed
Recruiter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 3, 2012
sitting in a cubical, filling out paperwork, calling to check on references on nurses, reporting referrals to recruiters.

About the nursing field

Management was not helpful.

Co-workers were on edge to meet quotas on a daily basis.

Hardest part was putting up with a high stress environment.

Most enjoyable was to see a nurse get the job of their dreams.
Pros
work place quarterly trips
Cons
short breaks, long hours
good assingments
Travel RN NICU (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 29, 2017
I have a great recruiter I am working with and the company has great benefits. Good assignment to start travel nursing. Easy access to payroll and easy time keeping system.
Senior Healthcare Recruiter
Senior Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 19, 2017
Responsibilities for the recruitment, staffing and management of RN’s, Surgical Tech’s, LPN’s, negotiations on pay details, as well as continued support for relationships with candidates, providers and our companies. Executed strategic planning that ensures timely recruiting, pre-screening, and new hire processing for positions for vacancies in every clinical need.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no support
A Good Experience
Registered Nurse, Progressive Care Unit/Telemetry (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCFebruary 7, 2016
The best thing about Trinity Healthcare would have to be my nursing recruiter. He has been so professional and goes beyond the call of duty and it speaks volumes to those he comes in contact with. The hardest part of my job has been the traveling back and forth so that is why I am looking for a change and want to work locally in nursing. I look forward to this new challenge in my career. The most enjoyable part of my job continues to be taking care of patients. It is a privilege and nursing continues to be my passion.
Excellent relationship with managers for employment and for maintaining quality performances
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Texas, Arizona, ColoradoJanuary 3, 2018
Contract employment 13-17 weeks with option to extend contract if need by hospital working at. Phone interviews with managers and core group of staff.

Want to know more about Travel Nurse across America?

Ask a question
Positive
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 13, 2017
Recruiters and CNO very helpful and understanding when issues arise and they actually believe the nurses side and works with the nurse. Recruiters work hard on getting you your desired location and pay.
Pros
travel
Cons
My recuiter is very pleasant and hard working
Travel Nurse IR Lab/Cath Lab/EP Lab (Current Employee) –  Across AmericaApril 26, 2015
My recuiter is very pleasant, hard working and returns call within
24hrs, if not immediately available.

The hardest part of the job is being away from home

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people, gaining advanced experiences and approaches on difficult medical and technical issues with a variety of cases.

Management is easy to hard with most of the time.
Pros
The paid and travel
Cons
Missed paid, don't assume
Not an "ok" atmosphere
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 10, 2017
A lot of miscommunication & there is no training. Not enough attention to cultivate to if you are an outsider.
There is NOT ever enough attention given to the staff who is in need. While I was there, there was never a boss around.
I was promised to be given this and that, but it was given then removed. The rolls were TOO large for one person to carry, but no one dared to share.
There was an insurmountable amount of stress and there was never enough time to catch it all in.
Pros
Free soft drinks & other things. Parties. Food catered in.
Cons
WORK! A 40 hr week is closer to a 60-70.
Very competent travel company to work for
Registered Nurse - Travel (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 14, 2017
I worked this position like any other. I was part of a team that provided great care to the patients. I learned a new computer system while there. Wish I would have stayed longer.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Contract position
Great Place to work
Recruiter Monica Hamilton (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 17, 2017
Recruiter and ancillary staff are awesome. Always prompt to take care of everything I as a traveler needed. I learned a lot about traveling to far away places. I learned new words and customs within my own country (Hospital gown is called a Johnny in Mass.) The hardest part of the job is being away from home. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and making good money.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
away from home
Lack of communication
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 3, 2017
My travel company was recently bought out by TNAA. The change was very tedious and required multiple tasks to be repeated. My recruiter was changed with out my knowledge, as well as many other changes with payroll and contracts that were never communicated.
This job is not very organnized at all.
Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence County, SCMay 28, 2016
My typical work day stated at 7:45 and ended between 5:15 and 6:00.

Most of the co-workers there were GREAT put you had one person that thought she knew everything and did not want to hear anyones idea.

Management there needed a lot of work.
Great place to get stared in travel assignments
Donna (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJanuary 23, 2015
if u like to travel this is a great agency to work for as a new comer to traveling they lay out the whole process and work hard to make it work for all involved.
Pros
they work well in getting work assignments .
Cons
none to speak of at this time.
The Best of the Best
Medical Surgical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 3, 2013
At 6am you start to get the patients up, helping them get bathed, and eat breakfast and medicated with morning medications, transferring the patients out of bed to their wheelchair, sometimes, feeding the patient and then get them off to therapy. These patients have to be able to tolerate 3 full hours of therapy per day. It is a very tiring day, with physical therapy, occupational therapy and recreational therapy. I have learned that it is not an easy life, but, these patients are very determined to become independent regardless of their handicap. The hardest part of my job is getting close to my patients, since their stay was at least a month, and then discharging them. This was also the most rewarding part of my job, because I see them come in totally dependent upon us, and leaving with new independence.
Pros
The 8 hour shifts, meeting the patients, my coworkers
Cons
lunch at 1030am, nothing else.
Travel Nurse agency with fun group of employees
National Client Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 26, 2015
Great place to work. Very supportive colleagues. Great work life balance. Supported remote employees on a daily basis and with all equipment needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travel Nurse across America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight