TravelCenters of America Employee Reviews

Found 1,299 reviews matching the search See all 1,300 reviews
Must be willing to work
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Eaton, OHJune 17, 2019
Not a job for the lazy or weak willed. Do not expect to do nothing and get paid, always something you need to be doing, so do it. The job doesn't pay that great but it's good for someone starting out, but you must have computer skills!
very competitive work place
DIESEL MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Wildwood, FLJune 14, 2019
good people to work with and always room for advancement. there are the downs to the job such as the road side service because it is very dangerous but in all its not a bad job.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
hard work
Eh.. its an ok job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, IAJune 12, 2019
Jobs not bad but its all swing shifts. So no real consistency as far as any other apect in your life. Again no room for advancement unless you are the bosses pet. Regardless of experience on the job.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Swing shifts
Do not work here
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 12, 2019
Horrible management. Under staffed due to poor management. management does not care or do there job or handle issues when brought to them. Mostly every peice of equipment is either broken or not in proper working condition. Job is 100% a joke.
Cons
no opportunity in pay raises
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJune 7, 2019
was supervisor over janitorial crew, cleaned truck stop, changed diesel filters, gas filters, checked fuel tanks, pump water out of tanks, cleaned showers, bathrooms
Good starter job
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, OHJune 7, 2019
The BK inside is where I worked and before we got the new manager it was wonderful. Only thing is you worked a lot and sometimes they didn't train you as well as they could have.
Pros
Meal and drink plan
Cons
Really busy
Competitive job
Deli Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 6, 2019
Wonderful job , from the people to the pay to the opportunity of advancement they offer. I loved the managers , supervisors and my fellow coworkers and even most of my recurring customers.
Not recommended
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 6, 2019
Management always find a way to try and not pay you for work.
And yet expect for their employees to go above and beyond for them when ever the need you
Great place to move up and learn and earn more
Cashier- Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Barstow, CAJune 4, 2019
The atmosphere is energetic fast paced the management works with you as long as you communicate with them. This company has a lot of room for growth from cashier I am now becoming an assistant manager relocating to TX since Travel Centers of America are all over the United States with in 2 years
Pros
They offer lunch discount programs
Cons
Pay can always be better
Good Job Opportunity
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Denmark, TNJune 2, 2019
These managers are no nonsense they are straight forward and have NO TOLERANCE for excuses.Theres training test,Advancement in jobs,Extensive job training in Ohio.This job will help you grow and move up if your head is on advancement but if you think you are going to just get a check management isn’t having it you will work for that money.I am not there to make friends I am there to do my job.If I mess up I know I am going to be corrected.So I follow rules and go home.Been there 11 years.
Pros
Structure in Advancement(a set guide line to advance), flexible hours, family environment among teammates and staff
Cons
There are bad days and rules that have to be followed
Lots of gossip and lazy crew
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, AZMay 30, 2019
My whole first day was my trainer telling me how lazy the whole crew was and was telling me who to talk to and who not to. She complained about the supervisor of our department, who quit a few days late. When it came time for closing, I would be stuck with doing all dishes, cleaning grill, cleaning serving fridge, cleaning the hot case, along with sweeping and mopping. The crew I worked with were constantly taking 30 minute smoke breaks and would take the whole last hour counting the till while I cleaned. Finally I realized that it wasn’t going to get any better, once my trainer was moved up to supervisor.
Pros
Next to Popeyes
Cons
Gossiping and lazy crew
Huhhhh
Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PAMay 26, 2019
Its good for the giu on the street to learn how to properly work on commercial vehicles in a safe manner an good stepping stone company with a good learning program
TSA Truck Advisor (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHMay 25, 2019
I loved being able to help the drivers to get home to their families, an trying not to keep them waiting long an try to always keep them updated on what’s going on.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Not always get breaks
Truly is a sad place.
SERVER/LEAD (Former Employee) –  Tonopah, AZMay 23, 2019
Management doesn’t care about their employees. The drama is disgusting. You do so much for this company and they just look down on you. Everything is overpriced. If management cared, it would be a great place to work. It’s so sad how they could care less about customers or their employees even after everything they do for this Company. I can’t stress enough how much I wold advise people to not get a job st TA unless they like being treated horrible and kicked to the curb after management thinks they don’t need you anymore.
Pros
I met amazing girls working there
Cons
Management. Management, and management.
Fun place to work
Server/Cashier/Cook/Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  London, OHMay 23, 2019
To much drama between the waitresses and favoritism also they fired me for someone else threatening bodily harm to me and they kept there job. I would not work there if i didnt have to.
Decent job lots of familiar faces
Truck service advisor 1 (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXMay 23, 2019
Not a bad job you meet a lot of new people. the management is not bad and you get many opportunities to advance. the atmosphere is fun and they provide a discount to employees in the store.
My experience at travel centers of America
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pioneer, TNMay 21, 2019
My experience at travel centers of America was great when I first started working there but I was pregnant with my second baby boy and was really sick I had existed and the boss decided he wanted to fire me even with the excuses the doctor had put me off work and wrote the excuses for me to miss work and he still fired me but I really liked the job it's self and the people I worked with but the boss didn't like me very much because I was pregnant and sick all the time but other then the boss I would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
We got free drinks
Cons
No insurance or benefits, the boss was mean, and we didn't get discounts on everything just the drinks.
Assistant General Manager
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  hebron, ohMay 21, 2019
Was a fun job that I enjoyed. I left for a better paying job but didn't realize what a change in atmosphere I was going to be shocked with. I miss face to face interaction with the public.
Pros
fun exciting job
Cons
too much turn over of employees
Run Look anywhere else
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Roadsquad, National Truck Center, Westlake OhioMay 20, 2019
Great pay/bonus/benefits. Bad, diseased, toxic, bullying, threatening environment. Awful management/office heads. Stress/chaotic. 24/7. Holidays/wkend
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Everything other than pay. No work life balance at all.
A good stop along the way.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GAMay 20, 2019
Unless you’re shooting for upper management, this is just a second job or a step up job. Something used to move on to better things in life. But the environment was great and I really liked most of the people I worked with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TravelCenters of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight