TravelCenters of America Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 368 reviews matching the search See all 1,384 reviews
Low Pay, No Advancement
TRUCK SERVICE ADVISOR/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ORSeptember 11, 2019
The specific site I worked for had horrible management. GM's were under investigation for extortion and not paying breaks, people were putting in years of service there and making less money than new hires because the prevailing wage was now higher than the cap for existing employees. It was a mess. I liked the work, but it was a very stressful environment.
Stressful drama zone place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 6, 2019
I would never work here again over chage the truckers
Underpay there staff. Keep up alot of drama
Cant not keep managers in the qsr dept. I would not let anyone herw work here i know.
This place have to get better.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too many bosses
good work environment team work is great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 2, 2019
typical day at TA is steady its 24/7 so it never closes i learned cashier and retail learned how to do paid ins and pay outs was a certified cat scale weigh-er management was alright they're hard on employees. willing to work with school schedule and preferred days to work.
Pros
discounts 1 hours breaks
Cons
hard on employees
TravelCenters of America
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Franklin, KYAugust 31, 2019
It is a great place to work good benefits good pay a great way to make a future has endless possibilities you can go as far as you want with this company I would recommend anyone who has a interest in mechanics to go here you don’t have to have experience it’s a plus if you do but they will train you if you dont
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Can be long days
Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 29, 2019
Management was unorganized and one sided. Everyone did what they wanted to do.Everyone wanted to be managers.It was just childish.Even the adults.No control
Benefits
Cons
No money, favoritism
awful
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2019
No room for advancement...manager is prejudice in women being in management. Was promised mamagement and a certain pay and was givrn neither. My raise was chump change for being there a whole year..
Growth potential through the roof.
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYAugust 26, 2019
I wish I had found this company 20 years earlier. They have better opportunities and benefits than almost any restaurant company because they are Travel Centers and make most of their money with gas and diesel. The restaurants are hopeful a profitable incentive to fill up their vehicles at that location and are therefore taken care of better than the normal restaurant chain. They actually replace needed equipment willing. They have been very good to me personally financially. You are allowed to request transfer, many times with corporate moving expenses, and can make it close to almost anywhere in the country you would like to settle in.
Fuel Desk Cashier
Fuel Desk Cashier (Former Employee) –  Porter, INAugust 26, 2019
Typical day at work was completing a variety of financial and procedural transactions for Truck drivers and everyone else. Keeping the store stocked with product and making sure drivers always had hot fresh coffee and a variety of food items. Keeping up with inventory counts.

Your work day depends on the crew. If they are all hardwoking and help each other out, the day will be easy and all assigned tasks will be completed. However, you can bust your bum and still get asked to do more or you told are not doing enough. You are highly disposable. Getting a raise that reflects your work ethic and worth will never happen. The supposed Lead program is essentially a ruse to get you to do management work and hours under the guise of you eventually getting better pay or promotion. One year later you are still considered a cashier but you do management level work with management level stress.

The majority of the Truck drivers were great, your get your jerks but for the most part they are an alright bunch. I learned to respect their occupation and their time. Time is of the essence with Drivers. They only have a certain amount of time to fuel up, get weighted, grab paperwork/permits, send and receive a fax, grab some food/drinks and maybe even grab shower. Get the them back on the roads as soon as humanly possible. Truck drivers and my crew were the only reason I stayed as long as I did.
Great job
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Grand Bay, ALAugust 23, 2019
I enjoyed working there. I started out washing dishes. They moved me over to start doing prep cook. Before I knew it I was the headcook . With a raise too
Alright work place, that pays decent for fast food
cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ORAugust 18, 2019
This was an alright place to work. It was above minimum wage, and easy to get lots of hours in. The downside was that the management played favourites, and some of us were slightly overworked.
Poor Management
Porter (Former Employee) –  DeForest, WIAugust 17, 2019
Travel Centers of America is a company that portrays good management and a good environment, but doesn't deliver. Managers are more focused on being friends with the workers and playing favoritism rather than focus on the people who actually do their job. They are a company that over work their employees without compensation, and is just all around a bad place to be employed.
Place sucks!!
Server (Former Employee) –  Moriarty, NMAugust 11, 2019
Place sucks!! Management don't get me started there the worst!! Very rude never talk good only down to employees make them feel like worse than trash never give raises or move u up ever
It’s a good job if you can’t find another job on Earth.
Dishwasher / food prep (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 1, 2019
TA doesn’t care about you. The only good thing about working there is the free meal and everyone smokes weed on their breaks. It’s slave work and the pay is similar.
Decent place, not for long term though
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ORAugust 1, 2019
Full-time hours. Consistent work. Nothing more. The majority of the other entry-level employees are really hard working and friendly. The best part of the day honestly, was break time.
Had a decent manager, the employees where toxic. (truck service)
Deisel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJuly 27, 2019
bad hours, pay is only good if you where on the right shift due to the bulk of your pay coming from commission. The other techs where liars and thieves, techs that couldn't get work anywhere else at any respectable truck shop. TA is not a career worthy company. good to get into the ground floor and see if you can do the work, if you can do it for them, you can do it anywhere.
Bad work environment
Gas Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomsbury, NJJuly 13, 2019
Horrible work environment. Management doesnt do there jobs. Raises are terrible. Couldnt even supply me an exxon coat that zipped and i worked outside in all weather conditions. I wouldn't recommend working there
Serve if you are good at it, might have to deal with management belittling you
Server/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sawyer, MIJuly 1, 2019
You are not part of a team at TA. You are a worker. You better be ready to stand on your feet for 12+ hours because if another server doesn't come in you are stuck. Management will go home. Got belittled for a year and if people didn't kiss up to the manager they got their hours cut, if others got their hours cut then you would find yourself working a 12-14 hour shift with no breaks and no one to relieve you. Noone wants to work here for too long of a time and if you are getting paid by them $3.59 an hour they will have you dishwashing and doing other peoples jobs. I eventually became a prep cook because there was no one else to do it, and I would have to be the dishwasher too and go back and forth. They expected me to live there, I was like an on call employee. This place wasted a year of my life will my grandfather was sick, I became his caregiver and TA did not respect my availability at all.
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Takes up your life, drama, dictatorship
Do not work here
Shift Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Eaton, OHJune 27, 2019
If you want to work your tail off and get treated like nothing, this is the place for you! The management is never consistent and they don't want to train. the pay is never good and you have to deal with truckers talking to you like you're a piece of meat. ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
bad work environment, rude, bad management, low pay
Lack in Company Motto
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 27, 2019
Company strives that "We Care" about our employees but the District Manager that I worked under did not care about me or my employees. I would ask for something from him like a promotion for one of my employees and it would never get done or even brought up again. Just showed me that he doesn't care about his employees, just if our sale's were going to help him get his bonus.
Pros
Perks at Work, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Benefits, Poor Higher Management
Enjoyed customers
Lead waitress (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, MIJune 25, 2019
Great MGMT for years..current manager not so good. Benefits and advancement once was good but all changing think they will be closing only a matter of time new truck stop built next door witbetterbetter ul
Pros
Great tips
Cons
Poor mangment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TravelCenters of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight