Travelers

Found 2,185 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,284 reviews
claiminsuranceadjusterhartfordbalancebenefitptotraining

Rewarding company

Featured review

Travelers selected this as a representative review
Travelers is a great company to work for. The pay and benefits are great (Pension and all!). I feel encouraged to grow and continue to enjoy the position I'm in. Management is helpful and invested in your future as an employee. Overall, great company.

January 4, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience. It’s great to hear that you are enjoying your time at Travelers. We are glad that you feel supported in your role and encouraged to grow your career with us.

High Expectations

They treat you really well, but they have really high expectations of your work. They expect you to keep calls as short as possible while explaining all the things to the customers. It's borderline unrealistic- they want your conversations to be 5-10 minutes long but you have to go over 20 minutes worth of information. Heaven forbid you get an older person who can't hear as well or a bad connection.

Travelers insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Great Company

Travelers is an amazing company to work for. Managers are knowledgeable & committed to your development. If you're becoming an auto adjuster & haven't done it before just know it's STRESSFUL & never ending.

Pros

Good salary, full benefits, pension, 100% 401(K) match, free breakfast 2x a week, & free lunch 1x per week. Hybrid schedule. Room for advancement

Cons

Stressful job, benefits for a family are expensive, takes about 2 years before you're eligible to transfer to another dept.

After 2 Years in the LDP (Leadership Program)

It's a rotational position, at least the LDP is. It's a 3-year program, where you are relocated on different teams in software development depending on business needs. However, the management is very poor, or good depending on where you are placed. The expectations after a few months become unrealistic for some rotations. The amount of meetings that are required to attend takes up too much of deep work, and takes away from self improving. However, they are willing to do 1 week a month for self development, but the time isn't there realistic. Lastly, there's a lot of favoritism for advancing, so you know. Overall, a good starting company out of university, however, don't buy into the culture. The upwards mobility is stagnating, unless you get a good rotation.

Pros

Perfomance bonus (frequent), Benefits are top tier

Cons

Poor management, Favoritism, Lacks upwards mobility, Unpredictable leadership (negative)

Job security and people culture

People culture. Big insurance company. Easy going culture. Collaborative environment that make decision making slow due to building consensus at all stage of the org

Great for some people just not me!

Worked at Travelers almost a full year. Didn’t last because I realized that I was not enough of a people person to be on the phone full time working customer service!

Good work/life balance with a variety of opportunities

Developers at Travelers can work on a variety of things, from python, ML and data analysis to devops to web development. If you're a competent developer you can move around the company and get involved in what you want. They offer good benefits and a fairly low-stress environment. The only downside for me is that Travelers is a bit old-school, so there are people there who still support and maintain extremely old technology, and their security practices may prohibit you from using your preferred software and tools. As an example, I had to use a locked-down windows machine, where I could be more effective in a unix environment. We also also occasionally wrote new apps in .NET, because some senior devs and architects are hesitant to learn newer, more efficient amd appropriate languages.

October 6, 2022
We are happy to hear that you are finding a variety of work in tech and opportunities to grow your career at Travelers. Your additional feedback is important to us, and we will share your thoughts with our management team.

Overwhelming and stressful at times

Environment is metrics heavy. All about the numbers. Many moving parts. Hard to stay afloat at times. Insurance is great. Nice they still offer a pension!

Stressful work but overall great place to work

I enjoy being a part of the Travelers culture. Everyone genuinely wants the best for one another. The only issue is some of your coworkers do not pull their weight, and it falls back on the employees who do their jobs. I would recommend the job, but claim intake is tough work. Be ready to be stressed almost every day.

Great training and benefits

Travelers is a great place to work. Great training, manager support and benefits. Can be a little metric heavy at times. But you get bonuses for performing well.

Good Company

Overall a good company and good people. Each department is different in how things are run. Workload is heavy and seems a lot work after hours just to stay caught up.

Good management and work culture, but high stress and workload.

Management is encouraging and culture is good, but workload expectations makes the job overbearing and highly stressful. Some managers are better than others.

A lot of work

Work load is heavy, everyone is averaging about 190 claims. Constant turn overs, it’s overwhelming. What I can say is that it’s a good company, they are trying.

A strong company with some post-covid pains.

This job was the best I'd ever had when I first started. The pay was great, the work was challenging but good, and the management cared about you and had enough sway to make room for employee's needs. It's grown far more difficult in the past two years however. With a lot of movements in management there is now more guidelines and more strict guidelines. It's difficult to keep up with the huge increase in work due to less people in the department, and the only refuge offered from the now-difficult work environment is free lunch every couple of weeks. Overall a good place to work, but there are some issues in need of ironing out.

September 23, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate the feedback you’ve shared and will pass your thoughts along.

big place, many opportunities. frequent leader turnover.

Frequent leader turnover, power struggle between technology and business, inconsistent HR generalist engagement. Travelers is a huge place so mileage may vary. Personal Insurance has a different culture than Business Insurance. Technology team is struggling, losing smart people and buffering with contract help. Inconsistent policies for remote work.

Pros

Starting to have modern workplace and tools

Cons

Large place mired in politics and red tape

September 23, 2022
We strive to create an environment where all our employees feel engaged at work. Your feedback is important to us, and we will share your review with our management team.

Great place to work, but...

Traveler's is a great place to work...great benefits, great management, but the pay for what we are required to know/do is subpar. Instead of training you in one or two areas and having you be great and proficient in that they train you in 5 different areas. You can only be maybe halfway great doing that. It's overwhelming!! I want to work and work hard, but at the same time I want to provide our customers with correct information and the best service. This seems unattainable at best

It’s a very reputable place to work.

It was overall a great place to work with great benefits. I learned a lot working for this company. I would’ve possibly still working for them if I hadn’t got sick.

Pros

Training

Cons

I was let go do to my ilness

If they don’t favor you, you’re not moving up or growing

This place is absolutely terrible and working here is awful. So much work and always micromanaging you. Everyday it’s something different they want to knit pick you for. I would never recommend this job to anyone. If your not their favorite or married to someone at the company don’t plan on moving up. I used to sit in front of this kid who would come in late every single day 15 to 20 minutes and somehow he is a manager now because he was a favorite

Great Place to Work

I loved my time working here. The managers were great and always willing to listen and give advice. Co-workers were what made this place fun. Insurance can be tough handling so many files and dealing with upset claimants everyday but your coworkers kept your spirits up. Great pay and generous PTO.

Great people and benefits

Wonderful company to work for! I would have stayed here forever if they had a better telecommute option. Management is supportive, HR is quick, benefits are good and pay is fair. Lots of room for advancement if you work hard.

I love it here!

I work as a GL adjuster. The work load is manageable and my co-workers are very knowledgeable and helpful. It’s very laid back and relaxed. I’ve worked for several insurance companies (LM/Geico/SF) and travelers is the best when it comes to work/life balance. No one is micro-managing you and you have full power to work your desk as you see fit.

Common questions about Travelers

Answered by current and former employees at Travelers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

40%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss