Travelers Employee Reviews

Found 1,336 reviews matching the search See all 1,387 reviews
Good place to work!!!
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 19, 2018
I thought the training was not adequate. The training tools were good, but the tools to succeed were scattered and could be difficult to find. Management didn't care to put their talent to good use. I understood the situation and what they were asking of me, but they would rather lose a good employee than allow for possible transfer to a different department if there was an opening.
Pros
Friendly work environment and good managers
Cons
Training is inadequate
The culture, management and coworkers are great but the stress and workload, are not
Outside Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2018
Starting from the management on down, they are great. They try their best to show you efficient ways to get your work done because you will ALWAYS have something to do, as any previous claims adjuster would say. Upper management reaches out to see what you might be having trouble with to help you.

The PTO is good and they are fair on trying to get you the days you want off. They provide you with a fleet vehicle for OUTSIDE reps.

The workload and stress level are awful but it is insurance claims and with some wealthy insureds too, which add even more stress because they want everything done NOW and are quick to complain to your manager. This is not for everyone!
Pros
PTO (21 days for 1st year) is great, Some days start at home, Fleet Vehicle
Cons
Workload, Stress, Work-life balance
Good company for insurance professionals
Senior Learning Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 18, 2018
Very good company with many opportunities for advancement. The company promotes from within where appropriate.

The standards of job performance in core areas is very high. There are many metrics which can be used to assess performance. Feedback on individual work quality is frequently given. It is rare for employees to be completely surprised by their evaluations.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Very high workloads at times
Horrible work life balance pay is below average even as a top producer management is lazy and the company has preset employees to promote for future o
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Decent company great benefits . Bad pay, good company to work for for a couple years not a place I’d consider being long term. Management is lazy and no many growth opportunities.
Good company
Claim Analyst/ Appraiser trainee (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 17, 2018
Travelers insurance company is a great company. Unfortunately I have to look for another position at Travelers or another job outside Travelers due to the change in the auto appraisal. I would recommend Travelers to anyone.
Travelers
Customer Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Working for Travelers was a great experience. I enjoyed the environment and the wonderful people that work there. Great pay, great hours and flexibility.
Great culture
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJSeptember 15, 2018
I had really good management who believed in personal development. It was a fun place to work and I enjoyed interacting with various departments. This was my first job out of college and I am really grateful Travelers gave me a chance.
n/a
BI Strategic Planning and Execution (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 12, 2018
Typical day was spent on conference calls or in meetings. The building was large and had many different employees you could connect with daily as well as network with.
Account Manager
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 11, 2018
Account Manager position was an over worked position and many road blocks to moving up. Technology was outdated. Account Executives positions offers a better career path.
Pros
Company's reputation
Cons
Very political environment
Good Workplace Environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 11, 2018
Travelers was a great environment. My experiences with management was always positive, and coworkers put forth a great motivational environment. Everyone was happy to be there.
Pros
Laid back work environment
Cons
Conservative company
Typical office environment with flexible 8 hour work day.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 11, 2018
Travelers is a good place to work. Large company and many careers to pursue once you get inside. Overall it is a relaxed work environment. Can wear blue jeans to work. Starting to let people work from home on snow days, while other business units allow a more flexible schedule working from home 2-3 days a week. Vacation and sick time is linked together, so if you don't get sick you have a lot of vacation time. New employees start off with 20 days.
Pros
Good salary and benefits.
Cons
Company is playing catch with flexible work arrangements and technology.
Not Terrible
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 11, 2018
Travelers was not a horrible place to work and it is one of if not the best call centers in the area by far. As far as pay goes, it is competitive so long as you were good at sales, however, base pay does not support a family. Though the first manager I had was not as keen on coaching as they were degrading. The other two were amazing and I had a great working relationship with them. The environment was fast-paced and stressful and you had to be on top of your game 100% of the time.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Stress
Was a very good company to work for.
Mail room clerk (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 10, 2018
I enjoyed my career there. The management was good to work for. I learned a lot there. There were some obstacles. Some of the people were negative all the time and tried to pull me too, but I wouldn’t allow it.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No encouragement
Claims
Keep & Close Claims (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 9, 2018
Very tough job. Overtime is expected. No work life balance. Management tends to overwork the best of the staff and it isn't expected that anyone sticks around after their mandatory 1 year is up.
Quiet Business professional atmosphere
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 9, 2018
I work remotely. Travelers is an awesome company to work for. They care about their employees. They have flexible work hours and schedules. The company is very diversified.
Office managers were incompetent in quality and H.R. . They played favorites with staff. The managers spent time finding fault.
Personal Lines Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 8, 2018
Our break room did not have a table to sit at but had the office copier in the room. There was a dirty microwave oven and an old refrigerator that people would steal the lunches of other workers.
Pros
Large parking lot.
Cons
Sitting in cubicles for hours, being under ridiculous time limits to complete each call, It was stressful to provide exceptional customer service with an eye on the timer.
Select Division Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 5, 2018
If Travelers didn't move their Inside Sales Office to Texas I would still be with the company. They were very respectful of their employees and they promoted a winning environment.
Numbers Driven
Auto Claims Adjuster - Commercial Lines (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 3, 2018
- Management is numbers/metric driven and doesn’t really care about their employees
- workload is unreasonable
- very difficult to move up
- Fast-paced
- Stressful, customer service driven
- Poor technology
Pros
Good work environment, caring coworkers
Cons
Workload, management expectations, ever changing protocols
hostile work environment
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 30, 2018
This place is a great place to work if your are a non minority. There is so much favoritism and only a select few are given advancement/ leadership opportunities. The turn over is extremily high, the work load is unrealistic and you are set up to fail from the very beginning due to lack of training. I would not recommend this place to my worse enemy.
Good culture for a multinational company
Office Automation Specialist, Supplier Management (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 29, 2018
I was treated well, especially for a temp. There was room for advancement and lots of training opportunities. Great people, good work. I enjoyed my time in Supplier Management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelers. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight