Travelers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,205 reviews matching the search See all 1,250 reviews
Employee Friendly Company
Licensed Insurance Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 21, 2018
Continued support for performance improvement and great networking opportunities. Family-friendly and work-life balance by allowing employees to choose their hours if available. Benefits day ONE...which is unheard of.
Pros
Benefits, workplace culture
Cons
None that I can think of.
Good if you want a corporate cubicle job
Insurance Counselor/ISR - Agent Division (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 21, 2018
Little time for restroom use and every minute is tracked by the company. There is no control over career path and they decided where you go. This was a cubicle job after having worked on the road and simply was not for me and didn't pay enough. They advertised a salary plus bonus program that would be nearly impossible to obtain and only enjoyed by the top 10% of the company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
poor base salary
no work/life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 21, 2018
Working past 40 hours is demanded. Spent every weekend working as a unit manager. It was expected to put in 10 -12 hours per day and get on and work every Saturday and Sundays. They can't keep staff and men are more favored for promotions than women. Not a good culture for women trying to advance their career. It is obvious by all the positions that are open on the internet. More work/life balance is needed.
Pros
good comraderie
Cons
expected 24/7 work hours
Product Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 20, 2018
Travelers has a great work-life balance for its employees, especially in roles where WFH is an options. They often try to promote from within. Job security seems to be great in the almost 10 years I've worked there.
Great Actuarial Program
Chief Actuary Travlers International Group (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 20, 2018
The program at Travelers was one of the best in the industry. The company was highly supportive and offered cutting edge opportunities. The rotation program allowed actuaries to round out their professional career.
Pros
Lots of support
Cons
Lots of competition!
good place to work
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 16, 2018
it was a good place to work. I worked from home and was always very busy and worked all major holidays. there is not a lot of advancement opportunities here.
Secured work environment as this is insurance defend law office
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 16, 2018
The law office gave me the opportunity to learn both civil and worker's compensation for the States of MO and IL. Very production with daily deadlines for both the attorneys and legal assistants. Overall, a good place that gave me opportunity to learn about the Law.
Pros
Very friendly and flexible
Cons
Locked/Secured door
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 15, 2018
Travelers was a a really greet place to work! The management was top-notch. The Health Care benefits and stock options were awesome. The company ensured you were properly trained to perform your job.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
You couldn't be a minute late
Travelers
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2018
Travelers is a great company that allows you to grow as an individual. Unfortunately, promoting within is uncommon and advancement within the organization is rare. A typical day is filled with meetings with not much time to devote to daily tasks. The overall workplace culture is just status quo. The hardest part of the job is being tied up in meetings constantly with little to no time for the daily tasks at hand in addition to a very low work-life balance.
Great company to work for but you will work.
3rd Party Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 14, 2018
Great company to work for but you will work.
They are forward thinking for an insurance company. Could do better at allowing employees to work remote.
Heavy Equipment Technical Specialist, Travelers Insurance
Heavy Equipment Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 12, 2018
This position consisted of being a Heavy Equipment Damage Appraiser and Adjuster for the Mid-Atlantic. My responsibilities were to set inspection appointments for commercial customers in order to report on the damage of their equipment, set values on replacement equipment, liaise between the owner of the equipment and the repair facility, control and coordinate invoices, and settlement for rental and commercial heavy equipment companies for five states. Company Car and travel expenses kept responsibly and efficiently. Operated under limited supervision providing effective communication and customer service to all external and internal customers. Demonstrating proficiency in estimating, investigating, evaluating and negotiating of 1st and 3rd party high complexity/severity Heavy and Specialty Equipment claims. Heavy and Specialty equipment includes, but is not limited to; recreational motor homes and trailers that contain living quarters, mobile and stationary machinery, which may be affixed to real property and cranes, construction equipment and over the road trucks, Marine equipment, mining equipment, Agriculture equipment, and Locomotives. Handling claims averaging $25,000 to $2 million. Identifying and coordinating with appropriate claim resources on coverage issues, subrogation, salvage, and potential fraud opportunities to achieve optimal final claim resolution. Providing all lines of business and departments, i.e., Property, Boat and Yacht, Inland Marine, Public Sector, etc., with inspection assistance as needed, including Catastrophe response. HE Tech provides oversight  more... and direction to field appraisal staff on heavy/specialty equipment claims as needed. Providing all of this for multiple customers was very fast paced and required a lot of on the road travel that did not fit into my family life style. I enjoyed working with the people and the excitement of the inspections, and damage appraisal of the equipment, but found myself with zero family work balance. I also wanted to return to the production and maintenance side of my field and attain my degree to specialize in the field of electronics.  less
Pros
Company vehicle that could be used off ours.
Cons
Always on call and living on the road.
Productive Respectul Place to work
Business Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando , FlMay 10, 2018
The management there is all about helping their employees prepare to transition into a new role. Provides training and support if planning to move up in the company. Even if it means losing a valuable employee, the management understands the need for growth and advancement. Most of the management there also came from the bottom.
I have to say it is by far the best place I worked.
Pros
Great Leadership/Management
Cons
Just like any job (some people just can't be professional) Thats life though
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 10, 2018
This is a good place to work; however, there is no room for advancement. There are a lot of office politics and recognition for good work is hard to find.
good enviroment with great people to work with
Auto Liability Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAMay 10, 2018
extensive customer service dealing with customer and attorneys. A lot of multi tasking including computer work, answering phone calls, working side by side with my co-workers. Very fast pace company
Pros
company gatherings, group outings
Cons
somewhat stressfull
excellent benefits but micro manages
Account Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 10, 2018
Travelers would be an ideal company if they gave you more time to train and develop, especially since they are always updating rules and regulations
They also micro manage. Everyone has a life and incidents that cannot be avoided. Even if you are 1 minute late, the complain.
Benefits
Cons
short breaks, micro management, point system
Depending on your manager, work at Travelers can be fantastic
Sr. Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 9, 2018
The work was interesting. Loved my co-workers. Had a manager that allowed for a flexible schedule. Then changed management. Not all managers are the same which is a shame because the new manager changed the schedule to require 1 hour lunch and did not consider the needs of family life. Had to leave because of one manager.
Pros
excellent benefits, good work environment.
Cons
Management is not consistent.
Great Benefits, terrible pay and hours
Commercial Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 7, 2018
After being with the company for over 10 years, the last over 5 as an underwriter, I've learned that men at my level of experience are making 20k more than I am; new hires are making 6k more to start. I work hard with extra long days, have wonderful quality, production and projects. The benefits are great....but the pay scale is already 10k below competitors. If you try to push for an increase, they are happy to let you go elsewhere. The imbalance in pay is very frustrating and there aren't many opportunities to advance past the current level.
Benefits
Cons
hours, pay, lack of parking, push for production and sales
So Much Support
Customer Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 7, 2018
The first thing is the people that you work with. The individuals on every single level are helping everyone else out. They are flexible with your needs, concerned for your well-being.

The fact that telecommuting was an option from the beginning was a powerful advantage, especially in an area with frequent inclement weather.

I would recommend them to anyone.
Travlers was a great job, despite the flaws in management and job security.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working there and cleaning. But at the end it wasn't good fit for me. I don't like to talk bad abut others. I enjoyed the job and had to move on.
Pros
I like to clean windows, tables, desks vacuum.
Cons
Not enough hours and poor management.
My experience as a Secretary was not the best
Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2018
The first week or so was great. I knew the agent because he is a family friend, however this did not end up benefiting my experience. Pay checks were delivered late, hours were extremely limited, and communication was very poor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelers. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

90out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Travelers.

Powered by Comparably