Travelers Employee Reviews

Found 1,572 reviews matching the search See all 1,646 reviews
Very strict environment
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 15, 2019
The pace was challenging but doable. Coworkers were helpful to each other and supportive. Opportunity to gain PC skills with a complex program became invaluable as time went on.
Racist Culture
Total Loss Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2019
Beware if you are an African American working in the Charlotte office. Blunt racism is portrayed on a daily basis by their Unit Managers AND tolerate and covered up by Executive management and local Human Resources.
Pros
Good Benefits
Great Internship at Travelers Insurance Company
Business Project/Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 11, 2019
I was an intern at Travelers Insurance Company for five summers. The intern community was great and the managers helped to keep me connected and busy.
Management cannot be trusted.
Product Management (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 11, 2019
Don’t be fooled by the Umbrella. Look for another company that knows how to treat employees. Very expense conscious company. No extras for the employee.
Pros
Good Compensation but not worth it in the long run.
Cons
Poor Management, Unreasonable Expectations, Long Hours, Micro-management of employees.
Travelers was a very good employer
Workers Compensation Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 11, 2019
I enjoyed my time of employment with Travelers. There were opportunities for advancement for those who were willing to work hard and pursue new career choices.
ok
Senior Actuarial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 11, 2019
Travelers is ok as a place to work. They care a lot about their reputation and they try to avoid bad publicity. Their offices are located in places with a high cost of living.
Beware Burnout
Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 11, 2019
While I worked there claim adjusters had a heavy workload and were often not given the time needed to complete it. Management viewed asking for help as a weakness.
Travelers is a great company, see below.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 9, 2019
Travelers is a great place to work, but jut looking for a change. I have been basically the same thing for 35+ years. Looking for a smaller office to work in. But Travelers is a great place.
Pros
New open concept work space, can work from home, great compensation
Cons
Job is too stressful
Great place to work in Spokane
Buisness Center Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 3, 2019
Great place to work. Good management. Good pay and benefits. Personal lines is run much better than commercial lines. However, they work hard to have happy employees.
Work day
Claim Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 3, 2019
I reviewed new claims as received. I would make my initial contact call to get more information about the date of loss. I would confirm coverage. I would go over coverage and policy information with our customer.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Alot of work
Typical insurance company
Auto Appraiser (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 1, 2019
Going through a lot of changes on the appraisal side but overall good company to work for. The appraisal unit is going through changes with regards to how estimates are being completed so a great deal of appraiser may not be needed soon.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Lack of growth in appraisal unit
working on the computer paying bills and answering the phone
Virtual Medical Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 31, 2019
reviewed bills to make sure they were repriced correctly and talking with providers about bills. making sure rx dispensed for correct diagnosis and tens units for correct diagnosis
Pros
get to work over time as long as you wanted
Cons
non
Great company
Various Positions Held (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 30, 2019
Great company with many opportunities to explore different areas of business. Advancement opportunities for those with ambition. Company relies heavily on meetings to make decisions.
Pros
Great benefits and PTO
Cons
Pay for parking downtown
Stressful
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 29, 2019
It is hard enough to be a claims adjuster but it is frustrating to have management that forgets what it is like. Everyone is stressed. The volume is high and all of the experienced adjusters have moved on to other opportunities. The new hires can't keep up. There are also not enough engagement activities, no parties. We don't get a break. It is pretty stressful!
Pros
work from home
Cons
office politics
Doesnt care about employees
Sales counselor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 28, 2019
Had two deaths in immediate family along with an accident. Ended up losing my job because I needed an extra day. Manager told me I was needed at work. Yelled at me for missing and did not care to hear my story.. I felt like I was just a number and my life did not matter. She put words in my mouth saying I did not care for my job and wouldn't let me explain. Showed me that travelers does not care about their employees! I have no good things to say about management. However, training was excellent! I'm a human being for crying out loud and life happens! That manager had no care for life as my mother became suicidal from losing her parents so soon together and that extra day I took to make sure she wouldn't do anything crazy! Unbelievable
Pros
Good pay and good training
Cons
Bad managment
Amazing Company To Work For
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 22, 2019
I have been with Travelers for over 20 years. There are always new challenges and opportunities to get involved. The company offers many volunteer opportunities and networking opportunities. While not a lot of educational classes for administrative personnel - there are a lot for other lines of business.. You just have to be a self starter and go out and pursue your own educational opportunities. The management is caring, outgoing, intelligent and positive.
Pros
Management, opportunities to learn and grow
Cons
Not able to park at work
Workmen's Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CAMay 21, 2019
Excellent place to work. The office provided excellent training and incentives. I recommend the location, benefits, and competitive salary. Management is also easy to communicate with.
Fast-paced environment.
Insurance Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 21, 2019
I loved working for Travelers and prospered there tremendously. I was offered great opportunities, and advanced my career during the time I spent there. I unfortunately had a promotion to Underwriting that went unfulfilled due to the business center closure and mass layoff.
Pros
Competitive salary, opportunities for advancement, great benefits, a lot of paid time off
Cons
No complaints
Great company but they need work on management
Claims Analyst, Auto Express (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 20, 2019
Travelers is a great place to work and the job culture is great however just like anything there are some bad apples. Be professional and respectful but be smart.
A start in Corporate America
International SDE Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 20, 2019
- A typical day varies by occupation
- I learned the importance of punctuality, time management, and effective communication
- management was straightforward about what was required and expected
- the workplace culture was sufficient
- the hardest part of my job was standing out
- the most enjoyable part was meeting people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelers. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Travelers.

Powered by Comparably