Travelers Employee Reviews

Found 1,391 reviews matching the search See all 1,445 reviews
stressful
AUTO-APPRAISER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
97% metrics is hard to get on every estimate. Travelers really harp on accuracy. so much so that you might only get one or two estimates done per day which leaves you with a huge back log of estimates to try to complete. They are constantly re-inspecting the appraisers and having national review every month its mind blowingly inefficient. The dispatching system is not a system at all. You will have cars spread out all across the city. They do pay pretty good and they expect a lot from you for that reason.
travelers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 11, 2018
• Review open payables weekly and stay current with all open tax issues
• Executed daily filing confirmations in a timely manner
• Correctly reconciled tax and fee payable reports
• Was instrumental in reviewing open payable reports weekly and stay current with all open tax issues
• Completed necessary paperwork required by state specific Department of Insurance to process tax and fee payments monthly
very good com[any to work for good insurance
Senior Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  lafayette laNovember 10, 2018
Very good insurance company. Claims adjustors work with customers who have experienced a loss and are making a claim. insurance agents commonly sell one or more types of insurance, such as property, casualty, life health and long term care.Insurance agents explains various insurance policies and help clients choose plans that suit them.
Not bad
Licensed Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 7, 2018
Not a bad place to work. Good pay and plenty of overtime. Training took 6 months, it was a lot to learn. Work environment is stressful and rushed. Managers are pretty competent for a call center job.
review
Public Sector Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 6, 2018
my overall rating of the company should suffice. I'll leave one additional statement, working for any insurance from policy service to an adjuster will stale and stunt your career growth.

have a great day and good luck on your job search.
Many opportunities
Insurance professional (Current Employee) –  Hartford areaNovember 6, 2018
Overall, this is a good company. There are many opportunities to advance and the company stresses career development. In my years here, I have never had a manager impede my advancement, even if it meant difficulty for that manager. That being said, you have to take charge of your advancement. If you wait for an opportunity to come to you, you will probably be at the same job for a long time.

The company holds employees to a high standard of performance. People are expected to work hard and do their job well. Managers will work as hard, if not harder, to help their employees reach their full potential.

This is also a diverse work environment, which actively strives to promote diversity and inclusion at all levels of work.
Well established company
Nurse Consultant, RN, General Liability (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 5, 2018
Very interesting indemnity insurance company. Not an HMO or health insurer. Challenging cases and great colleagues. Remote work schedules available. Great medical benefits.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
More PTO desirable
good place to work, with annual reviews and plenty of time off for appointments and vacation.
Account Manager/Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92614November 5, 2018
Came in at specified time, opened the computer, checked items of most importance to get done that day. If a job was open from previous day, got that one completed first. I looked on our time management system and worked policies, endorsements , etc. on a first come first serve basis.
Updated computer system as needed. If my items were caught up, I would check out other items from individuals that had a heavy workload and get permission from that person or our supervisor if it was ok to do that before I did my own. I worked endorsements, new business and renewals on a regular basis as needed. If loss runs were needed I would check those .
Scanned items and provided information to agency or underwriter as requested.
Pros
flex time, casual atmosphere.
Work Summary
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT - WELCOME TEAM (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 2, 2018
The team that I was a part of worked well together. Conducting phone interviews was a satisfactory job and I enjoyed my time there. The major downfall of this company is the management. The management that was in place during my time was toxic to the environment and the people that he supervised. Any attempts to bring the behavior to higher management were either ignored or downplayed and it left the team feeling dissatisfied with their positions and with the company as a whole. Within a year of that team's hire, roughly 75% of them had transferred to other areas or left the company altogether.
Great environment to work
Notice of Loss Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 2, 2018
I loved my job at Travelers. Most people there were very friendly and managers really wanted me to succeed. The only reason i left was because I had two children and I wanted to be home with them.
Pros
Fast-paced, great chance for advancement
Cons
No part time work available
Reviewing current IT systems for controls
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 2, 2018
Too many years have past to adequately summarize. It was a very structured environment with management involved in all phases of the process to ensure a quality product.
Pros
Thirty years have past.
Cons
Thirty years have past.
good experience in Business Insurance Business Intelligence
Senior Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 30, 2018
Enjoyed working with business SME's and stakeholders while learning how Small Commercial business works and how daily reports are used to make business decisions
Pretty fair place to work.
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2018
I had a great run at Travelers! It's a fast-paced environment, and it does allow a room for advancement. As with any job, pay could always be more! But for the most part the pay was above average.
Pros
Ability to work remotely or from home.
Cons
Required to work weekends.
Solid company to work for.
Industrial Hygiene Chemist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 26, 2018
Only spent a little over a year working for Travelers. Again, a conservative insurance company. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement as a scientist.
Travelers Intern
AALDP Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 25, 2018
A good hands-on project-based internship.
9-5 work hours.
Diversified workplace - can work on a small or large team.
Large corporate headquarters in Hartford.
fun
DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN LEVEL II (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 25, 2018
i enjoyed the work i did while at travelers. it was a great entry level position and it helped me learn a lot about the corporate it world. i believe the skills i gained there allowed me to grow into a better analyst.
Managment not good
Licensed Insurance Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 24, 2018
Travelers was a low wage paying job with poor management. Poor metrics, poor upper management and no advancement. People there for 10 years and no advamcement.
Great company culture
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 23, 2018
They treat their employees like people instead of numbers and that’s the difference. Great culture would recommend to a friend interested in working in insurance.
Benefits and Salary
Claim Professional (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 21, 2018
The benefits are good. 6 weeks PTO, but they can dictate how its taken.

Salary, I have found, is unmatched.

Local management is at odds with each other and micromanagement is the WORST.

I like that we can work remotely, but we are so micromanaged it isn't even worth it.

Nothing is really company wide, it's company wide but...we are going to do it a different way and then penalize your ability to get raises because you can't meet their ridiculous demands (which are different from the company).

The favortism and unprofessionalism is profound.

I would leave, but I can't find a position with equal pay.

I cry every Sunday because I have to go in to such an unpleasant hostile situation.
Pros
6 weeks PTO, high salary
Cons
Everything else
A Fair Company
Insurance Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 21, 2018
Traveler's cares about your well being and how you feel working in the position you are in. It's very rare that you find a company that cares about it's "little people" as much as Traveler's does.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelers. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

43%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss