Travelon Transportation Employee Reviews

Great Company for hard workers!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNApril 10, 2019
I joined Travelon Transportation about a month ago, as a young guy I wasnt sure what I was getting myself into, but I was willing to put my all into a job. Travelon turned out to be a perfect job for me. The first month is tough, but soon after hard honest work it pays off completely. The owner helped me through working and looked out for me as I got through that first month. He also was there for me when I had any questions and helped me understand anything that was confusing to me at the time. I would recommend Travelon to my closest friends.The hours are as long as you want to make them. The more you work the more you make. The people you meet are great and the days go by fast since you get to travel around the metro area! Its also nice that you get to become more familiar with a lot of places. Soon I'm sure ill never feel lost anywhere!
Pros
You're your own boss, very nice compensation, management that cares about your progress, helping those in need
Flexible and fun place to work
Worker (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 9, 2019
I work for Travelon Transportation for 12 years now along with another co-worker with same length of time. One of my co-workers works here from the very beginning of this company and another one is on his 21st anniversary. Stability and reliability in helping people in need are the main things in our business. Great and fun place to work and meet new people. Our new clients mainly come from word of mouth. Brightening someones day with a warm conversation means a lot to me. Learning many things and making friends along the way.
Pros
Independent contractor and tons of flexibility
Nice place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 9, 2019
I enjoyed working here for almost 14 years until retirement! You choose your own pace and how much you want to make. Medical transportation is a very steady job. Very fair and nice management.
Pros
Flexible hours, earn as much as you like.
Driver
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNApril 7, 2019
I worked for Travelon almost 15 years. Very good company to work for. Easy going. I was starting and fiinshing any time I wanted. I was taking breakes when I needed. I was in control how much I wanted to make. If I worked very hard I could make up to $1300 net per week. If i needed to take a week off I was just informing the dispatcher. Very unique company, I never felt any presure from management.
Pros
Flexibilty
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 6, 2019
The most I love about my job is helping people in need of our transportation services. Making someone happy by providing a great service, that's what makes me feel accomplished with what I do daily. Huge learning experience in insurance matters and business management.
Pros
Flexibility
Lots of work/low pay
Medical Transportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 30, 2019
Lots of work low pay, lot of money to start, the people you transport will make your days. Would warn you to just stay away from this job. Don’t want you getting trapped for a year, cause that’s how long you’re trapped if you sign the contract. If you try to back out legal fees, lease fees, weekly fees. Fees fees fees in the thousands of dollars. It’s safer to stay away.
Pros
Good people you meet and a lot of growing conversations from wise elders
Cons
Horrible pay, very long hours
Independent contractor will pick your own hours and which days to work . You determine how much you want to make each week by how many hours you work
Medical transportation driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 27, 2019
I’ve been an independent contractor for Travelon for 12 years I enjoy the independence of choosing my own hours and which days of the week to work Buisiness is very steady you determine how much you want to make by choosing your schedule of hours you start from your own home with your van. Travelon scheduling system provides you with the trips each day at the end of the day you simply drive home and you’re done for the day .No office to go to or manager Looking over your shoulder. Very rewarding job helping people .
Pros
Independent contractor pick your own hours and which days to work
Don't get yourself into this place, you will grow poor
Independent contractor driver (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaDecember 4, 2012
I WANT TO WARN YOU ALL NOT TO BELIEVE THE MONEY THIS GUY ADVERTISES THAT YOU COULD MAKE. Basically, he will put you through a hell hole. His first steps into this business he will tell you to go buy a copy of ur CRIMINAL RECORD n A CERTIFIED COPY OF UR DMV RECORD. After that, he emails and tells you ur information is acceptable n you must proceed to the next step by going to get a DOT CARD n DRUG TEST. Next, you go and set up a driver training day with one of his contractors, which costs you $125. Next you have to pass a fire extinguisher test, next you have to pay a deposit from 500-750 for the van lease. Than comes all the paperwork n contracts. You forget and don't read carefully, you've signed a contract that says u will give him a 90 days notice, otherwise you would be charged $890 per week in that 90 day period. I worked and worked so much only to have my bills piled above my head. This guy is a lie. You work more than 70 hours a week and basically after his expenses and your gas of about $240 a week, you've only made close to $100 for working 70 hours for him to grow rich quick. You can't even make over $1500 a week, this guy is falsifying his advertisement and not only that, he tries to be sneaky with his fees until the end.
Pros
love the people and places
Cons
this guy is a rip off, you will grow poor working for him.
Very poor company
diver (Former Employee) –  minneapolisOctober 22, 2012
When you first apply you have small out of pocket expenses. However, you are nickeled and dimed. As soon as you complete one step, a new one is added. Each new step has a higher cost then the previous.

By the time you are done, you have spent over $1000. To make the money he puts in the ad, you are working 70+ hours per week.

Avoid this company
Long hours, low pay driving position
Medical Transportation Driver (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 19, 2012
A typical day as an independent contractor for Travelon begins between 5am-8am, the earlier the more money you will make, a driver is dispatched in a 9 county area. You drive to the client's home or medical appointment and bring them to the next destination. Most of the management at Travelon are very nice people, I think that they have no direct or guidelines to follow so dispatching and other positions in the office are not done the same by everyone/everytime. The hardest part of the day would have to be rush hour traffic. My clients have taught me many things as they are from all aspects of life and upbringing. I have been privileged to hear many different points of view. I have also been honored to be their sounding board and had the opportunity to make them smile when they really needed it. My clients are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
independent contract
Cons
long hours/low pay
very exciting place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Eden PrairieMay 15, 2012
Getting to meet the different people. The enjoyment of helping the disabled.
Pros
helping the disabled, flexible hours
Cons
the pay is what you make it, long overbearing hours, must pay for gas and maintenance for the vehicle.