Travelport Employee Reviews

Travelport
Senior Visual Designer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2018
Travelport is the best company I've worked for in regards to; compensation, flexibility, and culture.

Currently, it's slipping. Management and the deliberate downsizing is making it a less desirable company. Still, if you have an opportunity, I'd still recommend Travelport.
Pros
Compensation, Flexibility, Culture
Cons
Poor Management, Lack of Innovation
Good Working with TP
HCA - Host Connectivity Adaptor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 5, 2018
I really enjoyed working with Travel port during tenure. A good people around always and from them we could learn many things in technical and functional way.
Nice working environment. Good company
Senior Technical Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2018
I was with Travelport for 3 years. I learned a lot about RSA Archer GRC there and it helped me to begin my career in Information Security. I would recommend Travelport as a place to work
One of the best
Senior LAN Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 8, 2018
I truly enjoyed all my time at Travelport from being an installer in the field to starting a help desk for the field service people and trainers and salespeople. Then I got the opportunity to work in the LAN/WAN group. Here I also made some great friends and lifelong knowledge.
Pros
Great place
Cons
It had to end
Lead Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 7, 2018
Allowed Flexibility on working hours.
They have enough social events.
Detail oriented software development.
Strong in application security.

No job security.
Senior LAN Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 23, 2018
It's really to bad Travelport has closed there doors in Kansas City. It all started with TWA and PARS which stood for Passenger Airline Reservation System.
I miss the acronyms.
Pros
Cons
It sad the job ended
Travelport is a great place to work!
Senior Software Development Engineer 1 (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 11, 2018
Travelport is a very large company that is in several countries and States. The ability to stay on top of leading technology is great! The people are courteous and friendly.
Pros
Chalenging work
Cons
Too big
Good place to work. Plenty of collaboration and team work. Management OK.
Senior Mainframe Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 2, 2018
This is an OK place to work. The work environment is a little challenging, but otherwise good. Management is fine, but not so open-door in terms of availability.
Experienced employees replaced with cheap off shore labor
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 19, 2018
Senior management is constantly in flux with a re-org each time a new senior manager is replaced which is annually. Experienced employees are being replaced with cheap off shore labor with pink slips being given at any time.
Graet
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 12, 2018
Great place to work, good ambience and culture, would definitely refer to anyone willing to work for them. healthy work environment, friendly people......
Unstable Place to Work
LEAD PROJECT SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 6, 2018
There is always a threat of layoffs. They prefer to have a few overworked employees with the majority of the staff being onsite and offshore contractors.
The upper management seems to be only in it for themselves. The decisions they make are not in the best interest of the company or their customers. There is very little trust in them.
Some coworkers are nice and helpful, but many are not. The workplace culture is continuing to decline with so many people laid off and so many new offshore contractors.
Much of the programming work is in languages that are not transferable to other companies (if you are laid off).
This was a nice to place to work at one time, but it no longer is. It is now stressful.
Pros
Free coffee and some good benefits.
Cons
Upper management does not value their employees.
I loved my job, but management sucked
Sr Performance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2018
I really liked my job and the workplace was good. Management was very condescending towards and demoralizing at times. It is a great example of a company having managers without people skillsl They've gone through serveral transitions since I left. I hope for the betterment of social skills.
Pros
workplace environment
Cons
low salary. demoralizing managers
Company Undergoing Transformation
Sr Software Engineer - App Dev (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 14, 2018
Travelport is a travel industry information company that is undergoing a transformation from development work being done in house with contractor assistance to utilizing a Managed Service Provider.
Pros
Potential for Growth
Cons
Current Transformation makes Future slightly unclear
Good Company
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 14, 2018
Good company! Good intern program and I think it is getting bigger. A little behind the curve on new technology but not bad. The new building is nice!
Great place to work until IPO
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 30, 2018
The company was a great place to work until we merged with a company in the Denver, CO area. After the merger and especially after the company did an IPO the general feeling throughout the office was that the CEO wanted to close down our office and get rid of the long time employees in the KC office. The people in the KC office, management included were great to work with. Iit was just a lack of communication from the Senior Leadership folks that was severely lacking.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Progressive and Intuitive
Software Developer I (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 25, 2018
Forward thinking and great enviroment. The company is the leading travel platform in the world, and is due to their daily practices. Unfortunately, employees do not receive travel benefits.
Good company but constant change
Senior Director, Technology (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 24, 2018
Constant reorganizations and change in priorities makes it difficult to move forward. Leadership changes have not truly made a difference yet and some are leaving after a short amount of time.
Travelport
Technical Service Desk Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2018
Very fast pace with multiple platforns consisting of several TPF network and batch processing systems. Very experienced peers and managers. there could be better training techniques. People were nice to work with. nNo probem. Sorry I had to leave because of reducing the workforce by around 400.
Pros
Very Flexible work schedule
Cons
better training technique
Nice company relaxed atmosphere and lot of support
Lead Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2018
Travelport is a well established company excellent HR practices and benefits.
It has a relaxed atmosphere with many long career employees. You will be well supported.
Don't expect an ultra fast paced startup like environment.
Pros
work from home, relaxed atmosphere, plenty of opportunity
Cons
sometimes directionless, sometimes work only for CYA
productive
Senior Java Full Stack Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2017
good to work with
break timings were good
insurances & benefits are provided
employee driven organization
ease to go and work for
would like work for an organization like that