Travelzoo Employee Reviews

Solid work environment
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2018
Very open office space with a lot of young people to work and collaborate with. This is a solid company that is starting to experience real growth at the right time.
Not the best place to work if you dont like people
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Montoursville, PASeptember 26, 2017
It is usually fast paced and can be quite stressful. Most the time i just book hotel and answer questions about any vacation deals or cruises we have on our website. The hardest part of the job is getting members who call from the UK and you cant quite understand them or when we get someone extremely angry. I enjoy the job because I would like to travel and I love reading about all the deals we have and places I could go, even though I dont get a discount.
Pros
two 10 minute breaks, some people are very sweet
Cons
hours because we are open 24/7, angry members
Great Experience
Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2017
Travelzoo is a great company to start your career, all the colleagues are very friendly and helpful, the working vibe is very vibrant, everybody is willing to help the company grow stronger.
Fun workplace with ping pong
Client Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2017
It wasn't bad, although I don't feel goals were adequately expressed. It felt as if you needed to justify your position each month. Management for our department also felt that pressure.
Pros
Free lunches, ping pong in the office, travel stipend
Cons
Lack of clear goals
Great Company
Senior .Net Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Senior Software EngineerApril 4, 2017
It was a great experience to work at Travelzoo. It has a family oriented atmosphere. They take care their employees.

Management and the people are very good to their employees.
Cons
It was a legacy code in there.
Very relax work environment
TEST BOOKER- PART TIME (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2017
Short days, not so great pay. No room to move up. Work environment is very relax and management is cool. If they increase the pay and allow people to move up with the company their turn over rate would not be so high.
Pros
Free lunch and snacks (most of the time)
Cons
Not so great pay
Great place to work, just didn't have advancement room
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 9, 2017
The job working at Travelzoo was great however had very little job advancement space in the Finance/Accounting department.
Open office space, free coffee, small snacks(nuts), bananas, apples.
Co-workers are all easy to work with.
Fast-paced, challenging work environment and great experience.
Executive Sales Assistant/Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 8, 2014
Fast-paced, high-intensity work environment and a great place to learn and play. Great experience to work and learn new things.
Pros
Great place to work, learn, and play.
Cons
Hardcore management
Great company, but limited vision
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 1, 2014
Travelzoo is a great place to work and has provided opportunity for advancement. The sustainability of the local deals business is in question, with little vision by Senior Management to change our direction and course for the future.

I love working at Travelzoo and would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to grow their career.
Pros
Travelzoo Experience ($1, 500 stipend annually)
Cons
limited vision for growth, limited revenue potential based upon Publishing standards, unattainable sales targets
Great company, great team!
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Typical day at Travelzoo would be to set up calls and appointments for new partnerships on the Travelzoo Local platform. There were internal meetings to be in attendance for as well. Our division mimicked the group buying platforms comparable to Groupon or Living Social. My co-workers and my manager were wonderful, very supportive and we worked together to achieve a common goal. I made a lot of money. The hardest part of the job was the constant changes to our division and compensation structure and upper management. There were fundamental changes that needed to happen that were ignored. Rules were made and forgotten. There were organizational changes that occurred that ultimately limited my ability to succeed in the division moving forward. The most enjoyable part of the job was exceeding expectations and making a ton of money, my territory and the nature of the businesses I was calling on. Other perks included the relationships I established with my accounts and colleagues, and finally the creative aspect of the deals I was structuring.
Pros
Money, great team, flexibility, great work/life balance, solid company, excellent benefits
Cons
antiquated business model, deteriorating division, failure to stay ahead of competition
Great company
iOS Developer (Former Employee) –  Oradea (remote)November 13, 2013
I was working on implementing new features and new design to the app. Also optimizing the app.
Producer and deal expert for one of the world's most trusted travel websites.
Senior Account Manager (Senior Associate Producer) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2013
As a producer and account manager at Travelzoo I wear many hats -- I am part consultant, analyst, researcher, journalist, writer and deal expert. On a daily basis I work directly with travel companies – from hotels and resorts, to airlines, cruise agents and vacation packagers -- to develop the best deals possible for publishing on the Travelzoo website, syndication network, in our weekly Top 20 newsletter and social media channels. I am responsible for developing and sustaining strong relationships with travel companies, digging deep into research and making recommendations based on the findings, and writing concise deal stories that weave in the details and inspire travel.
Pros
Finding the best travel deals worldwide; summer Fridays; positive work environment