Travis County Employee Review

View all Travis County reviews

Organization is key.
Deputy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2013
The work in this office repeats every few weeks. It is the same routine daily just with different names. Some day are slow and some days are fast. Our office handles two different duties and obligations. You need to be on top of your work because you never know the amount of daily traffic that will walk into the office.
Pros
Healthcare and personal/sick/paid vacation
Cons
not challenging work

Other Travis County Employee Reviews

Great benefits and flexibility
Tax Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 11, 2018
Travis County has great benefits. I fulfilled management tasks of overseeing a staff of 5 individuals. I complete various job duties such as verifying staff work, compiling stats and reports for employees and budget. I performed clerical, administrative and management duties everyday. I handle escalations and decision maker. I've learned to have confidence on the job and work hard. I've learned by my mistakes and not repeat them. I have become very knowledgeable and enjoy working with people and staff. The hardest part of my job is disciplining staff when needed. I am fair and equal with everyone. The most enjoyable part of my job is associating and assisting clients and staff. I enjoying making a difference in someone's life and work.
Benefits
Cons
Parking
Challenging
Correction's Officer (Former Employee) –  Del Valle, TXMay 20, 2018
Monitor, control, and interact with inmates to address their needs and requirements. Typical day was spent working first hand with the inmates in the cell blocks on your own for the most part. Hardest part of the job was having to be constantly prepared and alert. Best part was your team mate camaraderie.
Pros
Team mates
Cons
Dangerous environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travis County. Our community is ready to answer.