Travis Pattern & Foundry Employee Reviews

productive and fun place to work and the workers are nice and respectful and care for one and another
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 26, 2018
First time i started my employment with travis pattern and foundry i was very excited and not because i was hired but becuase im new in Washington and just about adjusting to this nature and what really got me excited was the hiring proccess it was fantistic fast and simple, my previous employers hiring process back in 2016 took a long proccess to get done, but travis pattern and foundry inc make it easy and simple for me to not worry about a thing. First day of my job was fun and couldn't and will not forgot about my first moment. My job title at travis pattern and foundry was rubber molding at first i liked the job but when few weeks gone by i was starting to not enjoy my department any more, i went to see a union rep for transfer of a different departent and even ask the manager but no replies has been made or said back until august of 24 2018, my foreman from my depart heard about my concerned that i wanted to transfer to a different department and change swift from noon to mid to morning shift so i was lucky enough to run into him and decide what gonna happen, he did indeed inform me that he was in need of a extra body for morning shift and that i will still be in the same depart different job title, he did pulled me from rubber molding and assigned me to the new departement which a part assembly and machine operater. Ever ive been put in the new position my mind started to realize i just found the right occupation for me and it fits just about my fast-pace skills and that its simple and easy to do. The rubber molding position was a brodem position and not my type of occupation  more... and so my hopes of leaving the area did get granted. im settled into the new position of now but lots of changes will be made the upcoming weeks or so. This was a great oppertunity given to me becuase im able to pin point my right type of occupation and now that ive gotten received but havnt fully assigned to it and change status of position title yet, i going to keep thriving and be proactive and more productive to make has much as products as i can make to make the foundry inc steable and stay alive and strong. In conculsion the best part about this employer is that the foremans and workeds work so hard together to get more then enough products done and that they care about others next to them and the foremans do whatever they can to help out a team with concernes and issues and these are some example of why i would put my in this type of line of duty and be happy about it everyday i come into work and make my life a better living.  less
Pros
venting machines are inside factory and easy to get deink and as well as food venting machine.
Cons
strict policy, strict batroom breaks. no medical insurance till 1 year into job
Good commraderie
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 1, 2018
In my brief time working at Travis Pattern and Foundry, I have learned many skills concerning the operating of various tools and equipment.

The typical work day consists of going from one area to another and working on whatever is needed to be completed in order to make a shipment.

Hardest part of work is that there are no smoke breaks besides lunch.

Most enjoyable part is the co-workers and the fact you are helping build America.
Fair wages but lacking benifits
Maintenance and Millwright Technician (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 11, 2018
Fair wages but lacking health and pension benefits. It is a union shop and the union does not have a heavy involvement. The foundry work is a very dirty enviroment
Great workers, poor upper management
Assembly / Wade Rain Assembly Machinist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 15, 2018
In two years had a machine blow up, air tools caused multiple bouts of epicondylitis, no real breaks, upper management is constantly down your a**. Ran multiple manual lathes, cnc machines, and heat vats. Very hard on the body, no respect towards injury.
Cons
Upper management, lack of care towards employees
Fast paced environment
Core Maker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Travis Pattern & Foundry. If you do your job well, and you work hard, it is a good place to work. Many people don’t pull their own weight, and that part is frustrating, but overall I enjoyed my time. It is a foundry, so it is a dirty job. It can get really hot in the summers and cold in the winter, but that is just the Spokane climate.

Good benefits. Fair pay. It is a Union shop, which have pros and cons.
Pros
A good days work
Cons
Short breaks
A few pros & alot of cons
Assembly/ cnc (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 8, 2018
Very dirty work, super hot in the summer, freezing in the winter, not very good pay for how hard you bust your butt. You don't get real breaks, you aren't allowed to take breaks in the "break room" so you can't even sit down for a few mins. It's Union but they do near to nothing for you, in fact the owner basically pays off the union president and VP as they do work there also. You top out at around 16 an hour,unless you work there for 10+ years.
Pros
Solid 40 hours a week, bonus after a year
Cons
Dirty, hard, got, cold, bad pay
Foundry work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 1, 2017
This job is also nothing special, just a job. Not a great union when I was there, not great management. Basically you start as cheap labor, but it pays the bills.
5 Stars
Billing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 18, 2017
This is a great place to work! The staff are very welcoming and understanding when first coming into this business. Amazing family business and has taught me so much already about the professional workforce.
Team work
Grinder (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 25, 2017
At Travis Pattern my day started off by sweeping the area for about 15 min, due to the dust that can cause a slip and fall unnoticed by light dirt that may cause you to fall under the grinder. The work place culture was a team culture due to the orders and the last man is the team and not a individual, we all have to help each other in order to get the job at hand done.I learned the importance of A ORDER and how important they are by the quality of what we are handling, any damaged goods can set us back due to not properly handling them in such manners. I liked getting free perps from the job
Pros
gas money from car pooling
Cons
short breaks
Terrible employer
Furnace helper (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJune 20, 2017
Very dangerous with low pay they don't provide good pipe and no benefits for a year and 2 years for your dependants. I cought on fire 5 times in my first week. They burn galvanized steel in that place which is toxic.
Cons
No breaks bad benefits low pay
cnc operator
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 4, 2017
they don't keep u in a specific position or shift. They dsont work with you when you have appointments or legal issues in your life going on. they don't understand
Foundry
Galvanizer/ FoundrymanFork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 6, 2017
Travis Is a foundry, 40 hr weeks never really to much past that. Travis has a Union which helps with It's employees. mostly metal working as in, aluminum, brass irrigation fixtures.
Travis Pattern and Foundry
Welding Foreman (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 1, 2015
Travis starts with an idea and builds it from concept to completion. As a welder I was able to complete many projects that were sent all over the world.
production design utility
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 12, 2014
Fast paced entertaining work, labor intensive, very fun. Great foremans and co-workers. I learned a great deal from this company; how to think on my feet in a fast paced environment, while still keeping up with product standards. How to drive a forklift and use various other machinery including drill presses, floor grinders, hand tools, cnc machines.
not bad but could be better
Laboror (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WADecember 2, 2013
good money but poor place to work.very dirty and not organized
Always got two weeks paid time off at Christmas time.
Irrigation Assembler (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 19, 2013
It was the poorest work moral out of any place I ever worked and the employees were treated terrible with no respect. They had good benefits (when you got them. It took one whole year to get medical & dental) I was lucky. For the first ten years I worked there(I worked there for 12 years) I had a super job of assembling irrigation equipment, but then they downsized my job (after 10 years)and put me on a job where I worked with air wrenches constantly for eight hours a day which eventually caused me to get carpel tunnel. And I ended up filing an industrial claim and had to have 2 operations on both my wrists, and due to the filing of the industrial claim they set me up to run machinery I didn't know how, and then they said I was purposely breaking company property (which I wasn't) and I ended up being terminated after 12 years of employment.
Pros
Never were forced to work overtime. And your hourly wage was usually always decent..
Cons
Never were given ten minute breaks. Just a half hour lunch.
worst place ive ever worked
Core Maker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 13, 2012
they dont care about there employees they layoff so they dont have to pay bonuses or holiday pay they are very petty they even charge u for gloves safety glasses and evverything else needed for a job. there totally inconsiderate to all there employees. over the past 5 years they have lost half there business do to there lack of management!!!!!
Cons
all bad
productive and a workout
Grinder (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 16, 2012
very loud to the ear, required to wear ear plugs, i learned that not all workers will pull there own weight so therefor you have to go beyond your work level so things will get done within the work schedule. the don't care much about there employees but only about there product to get done. the hardest part of the job is dealing with people that did work up to snuff for there employer, some co-workers are friendly and very humerus.
Pros
dangerous to lungs and body
Cons
one break