TRAX International

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

TRAX International Employee Reviews

great place to work
Information Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  NMJune 14, 2019
Culture is great, management is mostly hands off, but there when you need them. Mostly an engineering contractor for the DOD, but there is a lot of logistics involved.
A Day at Work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  White Sands Missile Range, NMApril 24, 2019
It is standard to come to work early and also to leave late. The hours are flexible if you don't have meetings or events to attend. You get paid well but you will probably be very excited to get home.
Pros
great pay
Cons
not great environment
Professional work please
Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDApril 16, 2019
I love my job because my opinion really seems to matter there, working at National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) it is a very professionalism place to work.
Excellent, enviable job
Mathematician / programmer (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 11, 2019
This company is a federal contractor on a military base. Most work is done according to established patterns. Opportunities to improve, however, are considered.
Pros
Isolated from town and city problems. Orderly.
Cons
No serious cons.
Very fast-pace environment
Photographer / Scheduling clerk (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZ 85366January 25, 2019
The jobs require that a person be able to work flexible hours and overtime. pay is comparative to work. good benefits and no problem with getting time off when necessary.
Pros
good pay
Cons
sometimes have to work on holidays and weekends
Warehouse ,Transportation
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 13, 2019
Right now on Government shut down Trax is a great place at Goddard Space Fight Center in Greenbelt Md they have mailroom, warehouse packing receiving project parts
Awesome place to work
Survey Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 19, 2018
Awesome place to work very fun shooting weapons and helping them military L management was awesome fun went out and had drinks with supervisor and boss like to talk and have fun and have barbecues.
Unique work
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 10, 2018
I worked there for approximately 5 years in section 52. When there is work you are incredibly busy and feel there isn't enough to accomplish what needs to be accomplished. When it's slow, MAN, it is SLOW!

My job was to document whatever the government was testing. Whatever needed to be done to that specific test object, you would follow it taking notes on everything that occurred. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Everything.

In most cases, you are working in small man teams of 3 to 4 people total. You will get to know these individuals inside and out. The good, the bad, the ugly. Everything.

I recommend this job because the hourly rate is high for Yuma and if you're lucky enough to get overtime, you start getting the big bucks.
Pros
Pays well, see interesting things
Cons
long hours, at mercy the weather, Favoritism
Awesome place to work.
Data Collector II (Current Employee) –  Yuma Proving Ground, AZNovember 12, 2018
Opportunity to test cutting edge military hardware. People that work at TRAX are helpful and encouraging. Management gives you all the opportunity for initiative.
Overall a decent place to work
Photo Optical Technician C/Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  White Sands Missile Range, NMSeptember 24, 2018
The actual job is fantastic, we get to be on the front line of testing weapons systems to support our men and women in the armed forces & I love that. The hours can be daunting as with any mission testing scenario (2am showtimes are fairly normal). One of the main drawbacks is that career advancement is held up by seniority, set in place by the union, and not by competency, . To go along with that, there is very little accountability for inferior work. All in all, TRAX is a good company to work for and I appreciate the knowledge and experience that I've gained in my time there.
Pros
Very flexible when taking time off for family events
Cons
Advancement can be held up due to seniority
Productive fun work environment with great employees
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 3, 2018
Love TRAX International, very tight knit teams. Met some great friends here. The ability to move up is some what competitive and the management could be better. Lots of micro-managing.
Pros
Transparent chain of command
Cons
Micro-managment
Good work environment
Tester 1 (Former Employee) –  Yuma AZAugust 14, 2018
Good place to work, some days will be slow but others will be fast paced and exciting. Hours are from 6:30 to 5:00, lots of down time are times but when work picks up expect to work.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Down time
Just an intern's opinion
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMay 28, 2018
I was a summer intern a few years ago for TRAX and never worked at their office so I can't really say much other than I really liked the people who recruited me.
Bad work environment
Prototype Vehicle Operator / Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 3, 2018
It is very likely that you will get furloughed every time there is a government shut down, as you're employment is based on funding from the DOD.

Not good!
Great company to work for, interesting work, responsive management
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  White Sands Missile Range, NMJanuary 30, 2018
Allowed to pursue projects that interested you. Always more things to work on. They are really pushing efficiency and positive change in the industry. Management is very responsive to any issues and understanding.
Very organized and Attentive place to work
Audio Visual Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDOctober 8, 2017
-Come in look at the schedule get to your required destination and set up the meetings 45 min to 1 hr prior the meetings.
-I've learned to be early in my meetings and used that to my everyday life.
-Management is great, knows exactly what is needed to get done and oversees everything well.
-Hardest part of the job is waking up early to get there at 8am and a long window before a late meeting that day
-Enjoyable part being able to have successful meetings with no difficulties
Pros
Nice Cafeteria
Cons
Nothing really
This is a very great place to work.
Temp Computer Operator C, I (Former Employee) –  White Sands Missile Range, NMSeptember 12, 2017
A typical work day at TRAX International was busy getting all your instructions from your Manager and others Leaders.
About where you were to be going or traveling in the Desert of White Sands Missile Range. New Mexico, Amorgoria New Mexico, doing Test Events to support tests conducted by the United States Army Operational Test Command.
What I learned in this position as an Computer Operator is to be very flexibility to meet every changing schedules, and willingness to work loads of overtime, and to have the ability to quickly learn and adjust to new requirements and assignments as needed.
In management, I learned how to be a leader and be responsible of my duties that I was instructed.
I learned to work with all different nationalities of different races of color was a challenged, which was a positive thing in the workplace.
The hardest part of the job was to keep cool in the desert and watching out for strange predators, such as, snakes, scorpions, wolves, and etc.
The most enjoyable part of this job is working with each other as a team and supporting each other.
Pros
We have lunch breaks and plenty of water.
Cons
15 minutes breaks
Trax
Management Office-(PMO) - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDSeptember 12, 2017
Trax is an good company although it is very competitive what I mean by that is you have other contractor company that is trying to outbid employees and change salary.
Pretty constant work
Technical Writer IIB (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 15, 2017
i work here for 6 years and management in different sections could be aggravating at times but it was consistent work with opportunities to advance and competitive pay for the area.
Great Company
Group Manager (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 6, 2017
Great company to work for with lots of opportunities. A variety of missions to support and things to see. Great people to work with and a management team that cares about the workforce.