TRC Solutions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
made copies, scans, and printed and bound spec books
Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2018
This was find for a first internship, but the environment is very dull. No one talks with each other, no music allowed, etc. The VP also doesn't really believe in training their interns. They are just there for busy work. He has no desire to teach them anything or train them to do something more useful.

I will say this is just a review of the Austin office; I have no insight on the other locations; They may be great!
Decline
QC Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 6, 2018
Pay is not conducive to required work responsibility. Hours are long. The contacting company I currently work with is wonderful. There are a lot of opportunities to expand and grow with warehouse experience here. Unfortunately it takes a long time to get hired on and to transition to another department.
There is no room for growth
Technology Management Consulting (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJune 6, 2018
There is no good work and life balance. There is no room for growth and there are not enough good projects to work upon. The culture is tough and not a conducive environment to work in
fast pace in season
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 28, 2018
pulling orders for floor pickup for fedex and ups, reorginizing stock, build pallets of product wrap in plastic making sure labeling is correct. use a stand up forklift to pull product off top of racks, and to load semi trailors with sometimes 25 pallets of product.
Pros
8 hour shifts and no weekends
Cons
down time is very slow
Great company!
Senior Construction Inspector (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMay 28, 2018
I’m happy as I can be here. Management has my back and is receptive to suggestions and requests. This is my third stint at Caltrop during the past twenty years or so. If you do your job and keep the client happy, everyone wins.
Pros
Great bennies, helpful management.
Temporary jobs
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 25, 2018
Some days I worked 8hrs. and some days I worked fewer hours and some days I did not work at all. This job depended on their clients need for a worker. Management was always nice and kind to me and tried to make sure I got sent out on jobs. They took time to make sure I was aware of the type job and what to expect. Hardest part of the job was when their clients had no job that fitted my job description on file. The enjoyable part I got to walk-in a company and show off all my skills within and hour or so on the spot with little or no training. Just instructions on what to do, how to do it. and when to do it.
Pros
at the time I needed a full time job
Cons
No benefits and I needed insurance at that time.
Fast-paced, challenging atmosphere
PROJECT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAMay 23, 2018
Worked on CRS database containing client/customer information. Learned about the State's new home program rebates for builders, built and maintained successful working relationships with the new home builder teams. I enjoyed the pace and challenges of completing requested applications and interaction with contacts.
The enthusiast with no prejudice of coworkers made me happy and productive.
Distribution System Analyst [DSA] and Designer (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 22, 2018
My first was exiting because I needed to start to work with a nice company. In a friendly ambiance, I learned the goal of the company. The manager established some supervisors to help me to understand the job.The way to change a pole was difficult until I found a brochure to give details of the procedure. The joy I had, the co-workers were always available to explain whatever the question I asked.
Pros
We gave rarely Free lunch.
Cons
Amount for insurance was a little bit high.
Firm has exceptional integrity
Environmental Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 16, 2018
Company allowed for using new technologies. When new products were rolled out we were encouraged to use them. They had the clients real needs in mind when they executed projects.
Pros
Good benefits
Good Company for Gaining Experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 15, 2018
The work environment is professional and team oriented. The management values a good work ethic, effective communications and client focus. Employees are often hired at entry level for specific projects and have the opportunity to advance to other projects with additional responsibilities. The company struggles to establish a culture because of changes due to acquisitions.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement
My employment with TRC was acquisition-based and my position was cut shortly after
Mapper / Designer II (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 10, 2018
My employment with TRC was acquisition-based and my position was cut shortly thereafter. Pay, benefits, management, work experience and job scope were all determined by Willbros Engineers.
Dead company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMay 8, 2018
They went bankrupt because the business model wasn't sufficient for it's needs. They underpaid the employees, but the only reason they got clients was because they didn't charge enough for support. The compensation was all top management heavy with the techs making very little.

They compensated you for completing IT courses, and had a structure for pay raises. But when you because certified in those fields you needed for a pay raise they just laid me off instead of giving me a raise.

Not a good company all in all.
Former Employee
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2018
I worked at the Houston, TX office several years ago and back then the work culture was great. Once my department started to fall apart, I was told my job was secured but in the end, the management team in Irvine, CA had it out for me and I was "laid off" on a working holiday. Not sure if the management is still there but they were extremely unprofessional and cutthroat. I would not trust any of them in or outside of the business. Also, the field workers were coddled and babied so much that they lacked the ability to do simple tasks. In the end, they actually did me a favor by letting me go.
temp service
A/R Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78746May 5, 2018
Fast pace, backlog to catch up, fair work environment. Performed accounts receivables, pay was fair. Mgmt was fair. The people were the best part of the job, made a few friends there. Left on your own to accomplish tasks set in front of you with expediency.
Good Place to Start Off
Senior Engineer / Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New Providence, NJMay 4, 2018
The office I worked at had a lot of work so I found myself working a lot of hours. There are a lot of resources for support, and some very smart people within the company to learn from. There is room to grow and learn, but the pay is not amazing. Standard promotion every two or three years unless you're a superstar. This is a good stepping stone company where you can start out in as entry level, but I wouldn't stay more than 3-4 years, since there are better opportunities out there.
Pros
Working hours leniency
Cons
Money
Relaxing and informative job.
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 1, 2018
Although I was only temporary, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. My manager was an awesome person who was very knowledgeable on all aspect of our field work. He was also available every time I needed to call him for insight.
The Best!
Highway & Bridge Construction Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYApril 13, 2018
The most exciting company I ever worked for. Every day was an adventure with a highly organized team of licensed professionals. The environment is fast paced with endless training and educational support.
Pros
Bonuses and Benefits
Music and your safe
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYApril 5, 2018
As long as you kept to your self and did as many parts as possible there was no issues that why i always had music playing jam out do ur job and no one bothered you
Pros
Had some fun times
Cons
Very strict
TRC was a great place to work.
Cad Designer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2018
TRC was a fun job. Overall the people were great, fun, professional and got the job done efficiently. Unfortunately, some of the managers were less than perfect. My review slipped through the cracks. No one seemed to care.
Pros
free lunches at staff meetings, and weekly lunch and learn meetings.
Cons
There is little to no feedback on preformance. good or bad.
Very professional company to work for.
Senior Right of Way Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 19, 2018
Working with TRC was a pleasure. No hassle as long as you do your job. Adequate pay. Good supervision. Learned different aspects of Right of Way and Land management