TRC Solutions Employee Reviews

Good but frustrating
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  PANovember 7, 2018
A lack of training and structure, causes frustration for career growth, with inconsistent work flow doesn't allow for proper compensation to employees.
Productive and fun place to work
ELEC. DISTRIBUTION ANALYSIS/ DESIGNER/ENGR (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTNovember 5, 2018
TRC SOLUTIONS, was one of the best companies I had the opportunity to work. They off flexible work hour, opportunity to travel, paid holidays/vacation pay. The offer training and education reimbursement. The allow you to work remote if need to. Also, their working environment is pleasant to work in.
Associate Distribution Designer (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAOctober 18, 2018
It is great! There is no cussing or yelling! The clients are laid back as long as you stay track! It’s a new industry for me and the training has been terrific!
Great work/life balance
Associate Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJSeptember 20, 2018
TRC is great at allowing flexibility and employees to work on their own terms and styles. Management is professional yet friendly and willing to teach new skills. Day to day tasks can become tedious and repetitive and their may not be many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Balance, environment, people
Cons
Career advancement, compensation
Solid Company
Project Manager/ Senior Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MESeptember 17, 2018
Solid Company, but difficult to move ahead. I have been here 10 years and have taken on additional responsibilities but usually takes a couple years to be recognized for efforts.
Easy to work for, hard to grow
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MASeptember 16, 2018
Great work life balance. You can work as much or as little as you want once you hit your work load and your billable %. Career tracks or job responsibilities are a bit more nebulous and harder to pin down.
best company I have worked in my 15 years career.
Substation Commissioning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 10, 2018
Lancaster PA management is the best, one minor criticism, review and yearly increases are often late. Other than that it is the best company to work for.
Management and pay were terrible
Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Sistersville, WVSeptember 6, 2018
Needlessly complex time and data submission protocols. Daily report, data, mileage, timesheets, and expenses had to be uploaded to 5 different websites all with unique logins and passwords that were nearly impossible to keep track of.
They offer truck pay and UTV pay which was good. They ended up getting kicked off the project I was on after I left.
Pay was the lowest I have gotten since I became chief.
3 of the 6 paychecks I got were sent to the wrong address.
I didn't get my first check for my mileage until I had been there almost 6 weeks.
Pros
Good truck pay
Cons
Low pay, poor management.
Understanding
Chief Instrument Man (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COSeptember 1, 2018
They relate and understand you and the unexpected, if you need help and guidance they are there and will listen, and if there hands aren’t tied, depending the situation or matter
Work Culture is improving day by day. The company is on hiring spree.
Electrical Commissioning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Midwestern RegionAugust 27, 2018
Work Culture is improving day by day. The company is on hiring spree. Salaries offered are very competitive. Bonuses are decent. A lot of opportunities to grow.
Overall, TRC is an engineering that I would highly recommend.
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 14, 2018
Co-workers are very helpful. If a fellow employee requires assistance a fellow employee will gladly help you. Employee has opportunity to set own hours - begin workday between 6:00 AM and 8:30 AM. Minimum 8 hour workday.
Pros
1 hour lunch, snacks provided at no charge to employees.
Cons
Long periods of time between projects, 2 to 3 months, If an employee likes to stay busy he or she must create their own busy work.
Productive with experience based project assignments.
Estimator & Quality Control Checker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2018
TRC was a productive place to work. I had a job title with a large amount of responsibility (QA/QC). Management had confidence in my abilities. The "client" would keep KMI informed as to my work progress and my level of customer service. The insurance and 401K benefits were great!
Pros
Good work responsibility and job benefits.
Cons
Salary advancements
made copies, scans, and printed and bound spec books
Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2018
This was find for a first internship, but the environment is very dull. No one talks with each other, no music allowed, etc. The VP also doesn't really believe in training their interns. They are just there for busy work. He has no desire to teach them anything or train them to do something more useful.

I will say this is just a review of the Austin office; I have no insight on the other locations; They may be great!
Sressful environment.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 13, 2018
Company does not "have the employees back". I would not recommend anyone working for this company. Workers have been leaving in droves because of very poor executive level management.
Pros
Good starting pay.
Cons
No salary increases for 3 years.
Decline
QC Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 6, 2018
Pay is not conducive to required work responsibility. Hours are long. The contacting company I currently work with is wonderful. There are a lot of opportunities to expand and grow with warehouse experience here. Unfortunately it takes a long time to get hired on and to transition to another department.
There is no room for growth
Technology Management Consulting (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJune 6, 2018
There is no good work and life balance. There is no room for growth and there are not enough good projects to work upon. The culture is tough and not a conducive environment to work in
fast pace in season
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 28, 2018
pulling orders for floor pickup for fedex and ups, reorginizing stock, build pallets of product wrap in plastic making sure labeling is correct. use a stand up forklift to pull product off top of racks, and to load semi trailors with sometimes 25 pallets of product.
Pros
8 hour shifts and no weekends
Cons
down time is very slow
Great company!
Senior Construction Inspector (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMay 28, 2018
I’m happy as I can be here. Management has my back and is receptive to suggestions and requests. This is my third stint at Caltrop during the past twenty years or so. If you do your job and keep the client happy, everyone wins.
Pros
Great bennies, helpful management.
Temporary jobs
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 25, 2018
Some days I worked 8hrs. and some days I worked fewer hours and some days I did not work at all. This job depended on their clients need for a worker. Management was always nice and kind to me and tried to make sure I got sent out on jobs. They took time to make sure I was aware of the type job and what to expect. Hardest part of the job was when their clients had no job that fitted my job description on file. The enjoyable part I got to walk-in a company and show off all my skills within and hour or so on the spot with little or no training. Just instructions on what to do, how to do it. and when to do it.
Pros
at the time I needed a full time job
Cons
No benefits and I needed insurance at that time.
Fast-paced, challenging atmosphere
PROJECT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAMay 23, 2018
Worked on CRS database containing client/customer information. Learned about the State's new home program rebates for builders, built and maintained successful working relationships with the new home builder teams. I enjoyed the pace and challenges of completing requested applications and interaction with contacts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TRC Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about