Treasury Wine Estates Employee Reviews

Great products
Regional Chain Director (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 27, 2018
Good company, however, they are constantly making changes in structure.
Turn over is a regular thing.
Seems a little "Old Boy Network" ish.
no job is safe.
Pros
Brands
Cons
Constant restructure
Focused and Fast Paced workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CAFebruary 20, 2018
As long as you keep your attitude positive and your demeanor work focused you'll learn plenty and feel more than comfortable with all the friendly faces and excellent explanations. I highly recommend it if you have no mind for staying in the same job for as long as you can possibly imagine, some of the managers even offer advice that you won't normally find outside of business classes. I'm sorry that my situation restricts me from enjoying the experience of working here.
Pros
Food close by, friendly work environment, work hours are plentiful.
Cons
Hard Hats, place is at the mercy of the valley's temperature.
Long turn around but its working
SVP Marketing (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJanuary 6, 2018
Good company but often solving the wrong problems. An Australian world view transplanted to the US. TWE needs to reshape its portfolio away from heritage brands (ex-luxury) and get more innovative. COGS and distributor management are its biggest structural issues with no resolution in sight.
Is ok to work with Twe, but it’s to much stress
Cellar Worker 3 (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAOctober 7, 2017
I m happy working at TWE no matter what is a lot stress , but just want to make some changes to my future and get better pay to support my family for their college
Pros
Always inconsistent work to do
Cons
You never know when you are going to lose your job
Only one good job here
Director, IT Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 14, 2017
Unless your the CEO of this company you're going to be blamed for not selling wine. This includes IT staff as well as people on the bottling line. It started off good but once accounting rules on recognizing sales were changed the company slid down hill fast. Marketing and sales are not effective but they blame the reports that are generated. They understand that they have a poor rating and badger their employees to give them positive reviews.
Pros
Great brands and the people are nice
Cons
Managers blame employees
Must be flexible
Global Compliance, Process and Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 11, 2017
I worked at TWE for over 6-years, in that time I had 5 CEO's (and related C-level reports). With each new CEO they have grand plans to change everythng (which is usually want the CEO before the last was doing). I was contacted recently, asked to return as the Global Compliance, Process and Change Manager. I was doing great work, making change. Then the Director of the department I was in decided that the job was to be eliminated that others can/should pick up what I was doing (a knee jerk reaction to what I believe was pressure from above). 50+ hours a week is the norm (on the low side of norm). Having said that, I have never worked with a better group of peers/co-workers.
Pros
Wine discount
Cons
Not staffed appropriately, people are overworked.
Save yourself the grief unless you are Australian
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Napa County, CAJune 3, 2017
Arrogant bunch of managers who think the Australian way is the only way. Those who survive report back to the Australians behind your back. The politics are unbearable at times. You must always watch your back. Communications from the top down is often misrepresented. There is a culture of telling management what they want to hear, not what is actually happening. The production / packaging teams are forced to run their operations like the newest facility in Australia. The sad part is that the facilities in the U.S. are not designed to run 6500 gallon batches. To pull 6500 gallons from a 150,000 or 45,000 gallon tank causes a lot of extra and costly work, and packaging it in a facility where the fillers run 450 Bottles Per Minute bring a whole lot of complexity and costs to the work place. Working with this company led me to want to leave the Wine Industry for good.
Pros
Employee discounts on wine
Cons
Horrible culture / misguided management
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAMay 20, 2017
Easy but can get difficult. The more you know the easier the job will be. Will be taught how to run the machines and fill out paper work. Once the line is run and running it's have to keep it running and do quality paper work also keep your area clean
Notoriously awful reputation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 29, 2017
They are notorious for their churn and burn approach to talent in Napa Valley. Most people are laid off within a few months of being hired. The morale among employees is extremely low as well. They frequently ask employees to spam sites like this with fake five star reviews.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Nice People, Hard Workers
Supplier Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAOctober 31, 2016
I had the pleasure of being a contract worker at Treasury Wine Estates, Very nice people who really know their wine and are passionate about the culture.

I hope to get hired on with them permanently in the future.
Wine all the way.
Sr. BI Lead/ Sr. Tech Analyst (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 18, 2016
Accomplish the tasks and you will be rewarded with the best wine available. Extensive collaboration with the business users and develop solutions. Amazing workplace and coworkers.
great team great learning
Asst Hospitality Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calistoga CaAugust 15, 2016
High volume high revenue target destination. motivated staff - scheduling - daily financial reports. opening/closing registers. banking.
great company
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJune 13, 2016
Great benefits, good company. you must be able to work on weekends and different shifts. Treasury Wine Estates runs 24/6
Low company morale
Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAFebruary 10, 2016
Did not have a good experience here, low company morale. Bad management. Different departments did not work together as a team.
Don't do it!
management (Former Employee) –  St. Helena, CAJanuary 19, 2016
This place is laughable. If you care anything about your own wellbeing this is not the place. The organization is constantly re-organizing management and staff, and if you are not able to navigate through all the different egos and styles, you will be in jeopardy of losing your job, which has it's own stresses.

Classic cooperate winemaking. The place works off of recipes and no winemaker ever needs to even walk in to the cellar. The new folks especially at Beringer just make wine from there computer screens upstairs rather than actually participate in the process.

Egos galore! With very little respect for the hardworking folks that actually do all the labor,

Interns avoid this company like the plague, too much back-biting, and miserable people to make this a fun place to work.
Pros
Cheap wine
Cons
Cheap wine
Very productive
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Great communication and working as a team.
The people there are very polite.
Management is great and they are well guided.
Interesting employment
Safety (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMay 14, 2015
Interesting job to have but uneasy at the same time. Very competitive and political, but has its perks. Working for this company will bring something different to your work life, always something to talk about.
Pros
Wine industry perks
Cons
Management is constantly changing
Great benefits, terrible leadership
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAApril 8, 2015
After being told that the work climate is in a state of change for the better, I quickly found out that that is not the case. I witnessed nepotism, discrimination and many forms of favoritism. When I addressed them, as I was requested to do, my imediate superiors began to treat me differently, and started scheduling me extra days, and even falsifying reports as to my attendance. I was able to get positive results, better performance numbers and a more equipped team in 2 months of employment there than the manager who terminated me had in 3 years. I could finish my daily duties and start working on my peers projects in 8.5 hours, but the manager demanded I stay a minimum of 10 hours, in order to give the appearance to the director that "we" are fulfilling our obligations.
Pros
Great benefits within the industry and other companies.
Cons
longer than necessary hours, poor communication, lack of leadership, lack of organization.
An unstable US operation
Site Operations Manager - Napa Bottling Center (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAApril 3, 2015
Australian company. Australian management does not understand US market with the result that there are winery sales and lay-offs every six months.
Hard working and dependable Man
Packaging Technician I (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 18, 2015
I have worked for Treasury/ Beringer for 15 years. I have learned well from the excellent people I have worked with and have enjoyed the Inventory Process and the learning from all different cultures and peoples.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Treasury Wine Estates. Our community is ready to answer.

Treasury Wine Estates Reviews by Location