Treat America Food Services Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
i enjoyed working for terat american and i would work for them if i could
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 17, 2018
i enjoyed being a part of treat america team my coworker were good to work with and the mangement was great team i still be working for treat america but i moved to park city kanasa to be with my father 2 year ago bur his passed away in december of2016 that is ths reason i left treat america but i really enjoyed having the weekends and hoildays off
Pros
having good people to work with
Cons
know enough team work
I liked the benefits
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2018
enjoyed the people i worked with but the company as a whole had very poor support team. This made the job difficult at times. We were always short staffed.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
consistently short staffed
cool food service
Grill Cook/ Kitchen Lead/ Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSJune 12, 2018
it is ok. I love the job. I love helping people. it can be stressful. I hate that there isn't much room for advancement without a degree/ or college..
Pros
free meal
Cons
healthcare costs
customers where always nice but the employees need to be better
night time grill cook (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 2, 2018
Nice beginner job pay could be better and the team work needs improvement, but over all everyday was normal and the customers sometimes get upset but others where beyond nice.
Pros
nice customers and food
Cons
workers are a little mean
Good co. To work for just not enough pay.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 29, 2018
Pay not enough. Management was good supervisor was a great guy to work for benefits were not the best
Very expensive for health care. Hours were ok work environment was a good place to work floor supervisor was for his employee's .
Pros
Working by my self making deliveries.
Cons
Not enough money pay wise.
Really nice place to work
Part-Time Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 26, 2018
This work place was amazing because sometimes I would not have customers and other days it would get crazy which i like, I love a busy lifestyle not been lazy
Pros
take home lunch
Cons
nothing
Good hard working team members
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 5, 2018
Good company to work for, direction of company was changing different vision.

Employees were not giving the right wages, Human resources were very unfair with employees attendance.
its a tough job if your not an early morning person
Route Manager, Supervisor andDriver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 20, 2018
We where required to start at or before 3 am. Days would be long usually 10 hrs plus. Worked with a base salary plus commissions. I was there for 10 years and never received a pay increase. The only way to get a pay increase was to service more accounts which meant longer hours worked and it didn't always reflect in your pay checks. They do NOT give route drivers pay increases.
Pros
work independently
Good Company.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 10, 2018
Typical work day included prepping for caterings, and restaurant. I learned a lot about catering, and fine dinning. Management was great for most of the time I was there. Hardest part of the job was leaving. I loved the Chef's I worked under.
Pros
People, and food
Cons
One front House manager
Fun work enviroment
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 9, 2018
Fun work environment. Fast paced very nice people to work with i liked to stay busy all the time to make time go buy faster the manager was easy to work with and work for.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks

Want to know more about Treat America Food Services?

Ask a question
Very day is something different
Chef/Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 18, 2017
Allows you to be creative.
No night, holidays or weekends.
Great Upper Management
Your voice is heard.
Breakfast and Lunch provided.
In early, Out early.
Pros
Free Breakfast & Lunch
Cons
Can be stressful at times.
not enough help
Utility Lead Steward/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 10, 2017
They can not keep help not even temporary help. 3 days a week I had to unload a food delivery truck and check it in and put it away while rotating stock which was suppose to be the cooks job. I swept and mopped all areas. Detailed the freezers and pantries. Take out trash. Wash all the dishes from all the cooks and put them away. Clean restrooms. During lunch time I prepared salads to order.
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks
Weekends off, Daytime Hours
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 19, 2017
If you work in Food service, and are looking to get away from the Holidays, nights, and weekends that is the norm, try this company. You are contracted to work in a corporate setting, which normally means no nights or weekends. Paid Holidays off, which include the Friday after Thanksgiving.
Pros
No nights or weekends
Cons
Not a well-oiled machine as far as upper management
Don’t Apply with Treat America
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 7, 2017
First of all, I would not recommend anyone Work for Treat America. I worked for them for a long time and they don’t have any advancement opportunities for blacks unless you kissed their butts which I wasn’t going to do they would hire a lot of Caucasians for management and the manager that I had at my location was horrible she was disrespectful, Bias, etc. not to mention the high turnover rate at that location is ridiculous. I could go on and on. I just wouldn’t recommend anyone to worry for this company at all.
Pros
Free lunch, hours
Cons
Health Care, Management
Hard work with great staff
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2017
When I started working at Roche, as a contractor, the company I worked for was Crystal Food Service owned by Marsh Supermarkets. They sold the company a few years after I started to Treat America based out of Kansas City.

I was the General Manager overlooking three cafeterias and the corporate catering. Our budget went down and our quality of service remained high. I had a team of employees who worked well together and did a great job handling the fast paced jobs that we all had.

I enjoyed the Mon-Fri hours so I could enjoy my family life. I enjoyed my boss, District Manager, as he empowered me to do my job well.
Pros
Free lunches, Great Staff, Rewarding Job
Cons
Distance from home (1hr)
good environment
Warehouse Worker / Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJuly 17, 2017
Learned a lot during my time with the company from the basics of logistics to proper management. Enjoyed showing up everyday and seeing what new things i could use to better myself in the company.
Fun work place to work
MONEY ROOM CLERK (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 10, 2017
I love and care for the company that is why I stick with my job for over 11 years until now. Even though the benefit is okay. I have learned a lot of my responsibility into the job especially with the a lot of money in our room. The hardest part of my job is when our room is not balance right then we have find out where it is. I enjoy working with people I love, my boss is the best.
This company has lost its way
FSD (Former Employee) –  IndplsMarch 30, 2017
HR has totally taken over a company that is so poorly managed that the only contracts they get are the ones Aramark and Compass don't want. The new supervisor for Indy isn't going to be able to change that either. Hired based on longevity instead of people skills. All the good managers have left or are leaving. Treat needs to stick to vending and let better companies run the cafes
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Too many to list
Lenexa company kitchen sucks
Order filler (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 24, 2017
The pay was horrible the only reason I was making decent money because the first year we were getting a lot of overtime the lead supervisor for the order filler side right now is weak and does not know how to be a good supervisor he scared of confrontation in the company is not a good company to work for I wouldn't do it if I were you.....
Working for Treat America Food Services
Chef Manager/Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 26, 2017
While working for TA I learned so many different skills, and was given the opportunity to work with great people who are always will to help but also stand back and let you learn on your own.
Pros
Friendly staff.